Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:54:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 221 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 42 | Time to Revive 42 Coin - Everyone get in here!!!  (Read 357115 times)
hendo420 (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 11:28:01 PM

What happened? Yesterday 1 42 used to be more than 1400 BTC on Cryptsy, now it is only around 1000?

Of course there is going to be profit-taking for such a rare coin.

Brings the price down a little for bit of us who want more  Smiley

I think the multipools were a big part of it. It keeps trying to climb higher, but keeps getting knocked back down to 1000.

Yet you keep hashco.ws in the OP even after several complaints.

Don't even start this here please!

I just sold all of my (let's call it DontWannaTell - you can easily find out from my forum history if you think it's important, but I don't want to make a negative promo) DWT coins for a shitty price to buy some 42 dimes instead in a hope to cover my huge loss on DWT.

As I see, this kind of anti-miner propaganda played a huge role in the current problems of DWT.

Network hash speed and diff must continuously go UP, not down to make profit on a continuously rising price.
You scare of the miners -> networks speed and diff drops -> price falls -> lot of panic sells -> price hits the bottom -> not a single sole wants to mine and/or buy anymore -> another dead coin
It's only a matter of days to achieve this and I doubt there is a way back from there but it sure takes months if it ever happens.

You won't get rich in a few days. But it's possible to get a nice cut in a few weeks if you play nice. I think that's better than getting stuck with a struggling coin for months (and wish to cut your losses every day).

Mine, mine and mine! Everybody! MINE!!!
Mine the coin and buy the coin. Don't ban and/or scare anybody from mining or buying it.

Don't bother about the real-time price, think about the future to make that dream happen!

Are you saying you rather just mine and dump this coin because you don't expect it to last long.  Thats the major problem with middle and hashcow.  Jumping on new coins.  They can kill a new coin in a few weeks, more well established coins are less effected by these technics because there coins have masive amounts of coins being held already by different users, but not so for a new coin like this where only a few coins exist.  I personally want to see 42 do well this is why I don't think these pool should be in the OP the OP maybe getting paid to keep them there or doesn't care to much about long term of the coin thats what is scary to me.  That would also make me just want to dump now.  
I want to see this coin do well.  But a few days of dumps from middlecoin and hashcow will send the exchange rate down.  I estimate that these two pools will be dumping 1/4 of the coins mining each day.  Which should drive price down.  Buy support will also wait for the dumps and buy a week or two from now.  
The fluctuating difficulty that these pools cause is hurts miners than are mining 42 all day.  The guys that believe in the coin loose about 10%-20% of there earnings to these huge hoping pools.  I'm discussed that hendo420 just laughs it off and continues to leave hashcows in the Op, some how approving something that may be the death to his baby.

You make a valid argument so I removed it.

Countdown till they pm me asking why. lol

Hendo did you sell ya shares of 42 or believe in the coin and hold?

I wish I had the img editing skills to change that into 42. lol

I had an interview today with Business Insider Magazine about 42. Smiley

ebmarket.co

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Maurizio

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:30:23 PM

The alliance of holders need to grown bigger and stronger
Why panic after one day?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Jude Austin
Legendary

Activity: 1140
Merit: 1000

The Real Jude Austin

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 11:31:00 PM

What happened? Yesterday 1 42 used to be more than 1400 BTC on Cryptsy, now it is only around 1000?

I think the multipools were a big part of it. It keeps trying to climb higher, but keeps getting knocked back down to 1000.

I just sold all of my (let's call it DontWannaTell - you can easily find out from my forum history if you think it's important, but I don't want to make a negative promo) DWT coins for a shitty price to buy some 42 dimes instead in a hope to cover my huge loss on DWT.

As I see, this kind of anti-miner propaganda played a huge role in the current problems of DWT.

Network hash speed and diff must continuously go UP, not down to make profit on a continuously rising price.
You scare of the miners -> networks speed and diff drops -> price falls -> lot of panic sells -> price hits the bottom -> not a single sole wants to mine and/or buy anymore -> another dead coin
It's only a matter of days to achieve this and I doubt there is a way back from there but it sure takes months if it ever happens.

You won't get rich in a few days. But it's possible to get a nice cut in a few weeks if you play nice. I think that's better than getting stuck with a struggling coin for months (and wish to cut your losses every day).

Mine the coin and buy the coin. Don't ban and/or scare anybody from mining or buying it.

Don't bother about the real-time price, think about the future to make that dream happen!

Are you saying you rather just mine and dump this coin because you don't expect it to last long.  Thats the major problem with middle and hashcow.  Jumping on new coins.  They can kill a new coin in a few weeks, more well established coins are less effected by these technics because there coins have masive amounts of coins being held already by different users, but not so for a new coin like this where only a few coins exist.  I personally want to see 42 do well this is why I don't think these pool should be in the OP the OP maybe getting paid to keep them there or doesn't care to much about long term of the coin thats what is scary to me.  That would also make me just want to dump now.  
I want to see this coin do well.  But a few days of dumps from middlecoin and hashcow will send the exchange rate down.  I estimate that these two pools will be dumping 1/4 of the coins mining each day.  Which should drive price down.  Buy support will also wait for the dumps and buy a week or two from now.  
The fluctuating difficulty that these pools cause is hurts miners than are mining 42 all day.  The guys that believe in the coin loose about 10%-20% of there earnings to these huge hoping pools.  I'm discussed that hendo420 just laughs it off and continues to leave hashcows in the Op, some how approving something that may be the death to his baby.

Nice, how did it go?

Buy or sell $100 of Crypto and get $10!
Maurizio

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:33:19 PM

and when will they print that interwiew?

4MtAsJpHk6436CYqUyaXUYZGtdJstH3BGd thx

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
hendo420 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 11:33:57 PM

http://img.pandawhale.com/57543-Bitcoin-300-spartans-Stay-Stro-Vpch.png

Nice, how did it go?

Very well. I explained to him the current nature of the altcoin world and how 99% of altcoin launches are instamines and told him to check the charts against other coins and 42 and you see a distinct difference when they first hit the exchange. I sent him my Lecture thread, he thought that was interesting. He said the reason he contacted me is his editor saw twitter was blowing up over 42 and he had to get the scoop. Smiley

ebmarket.co
hendo420 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 11:34:53 PM

and when will they print that interwiew?

I do not know. He didn't tell me. He has been pecking me with small questions through email since we talked tho.

ebmarket.co
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 11:35:21 PM

te us more of this interview!!

can limite the total hash of pool to mine 42 coin?
FrequencyX

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:39:37 PM

Does Cryptsy have a minimal withdrawal amount??

Tried to take out around 0.00047 dents and I get this error:

"Error: Single withdrawal amount cannot exceed 0. Please break your amount into smaller chunks."

Is it 0.001 minimum to withdraw??

Help?

Minimum withdrawal limit at Cryptsy is... ?

Thanks in advance

+1
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:39:46 PM

I tried and failed to withdraw 100 and 1000 dents from cryptsy. This will not help the price until they fix the bug.
matchbox23

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:41:58 PM

42.cryptopools.com is alive but barely. we will be closing the pool. all payouts are enabled

I'm unable to get to your site to cash out. I had about .000127 worth of 42 coin sitting in my account because I you disabled payouts earlier, and now the site has been down.
hendo420 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 11:42:13 PM

I tried and failed to withdraw 100 and 1000 dents from cryptsy. This will not help the price until they fix the bug.

That could actually hold the price down. Have you reported it?
The more people who report the bug the faster they will fix it.  Wink

ebmarket.co
Maurizio

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:45:34 PM

That could actually hold the price down. Have you reported it?
The more people who report the bug the faster they will fix it.  Wink

Hendo you are surely in direct with big vern himself,
call him  Smiley
4MtAsJpHk6436CYqUyaXUYZGtdJstH3BGd

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 11:58:07 PM

i think today maybe touch 750btc
Malayko

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:01:20 AM

fucking this pool 42.pooljunkie.nl  i cant login i cant reset passowrd i lost my  cion

we got smashed yesterday; recovering the old server still. You need to reregister.

We pay out; why should i steal a tiny amount while in the big run the rewards are much better? If we scam; why would 500+ workers be mining at our pool for close to a day already again?

If they wouldn't get paid; why would the big rigs join our pool? They are in it for the money. If they didn't got theirs; they would leave faster than the multipools hop on and off the network...

We pay; we are finding blocks; we confirm; we are available right now to mine; transactions occur and everything works just fine.
Its a pour excuse for having no effort in security.  Stop promoting your pool and find the backup you said you had.  Its very convient for you to answer questions and telling how many people are mining at your pool.

But also convient to skip questions that ask about when your going to recover the backup...

Oh yeah thats right there is no backup wallet to recover because you sent the coins to Crypsy already.  

Man up and answer questions about the backup.  Until you answer questions about they backup....

NO ONE SHOULD BE MINING AT YOUR POOL

To refresh your memory on the questions you skipped over here you go.

I don't hold them; because i don't have access to them at this stage. The wallet is locked inside the old server right now. Please read the topic above and find what happened. I have no reason to sell the 0.5btc worth of coins that remained in the wallet and ruin my rep/name etc. What is the benefit for me by gaining that lousy 300€? Absolutely nothing....

http://42.pooljunkie.nl/

just took my coins and ran away

i had 1300 dents there  Cry

Yep, suddenly my account and username don't work anymore. Glad I didn't have too much stuck in there anymore.

I had to make a fresh server install after not being able to get in the old one (so far). I obviously have the backup of the server and the database and am trying to recover the damage.

Set auto payouts in pools always to the lowest amount possible (we had it at 100 dents).

Waiting for the backup to be restored to get are coins back ..........

And this guy still makes no effort to return coins "lost" on his pool... All the other pools were attacked and they dont seem to have a problem getting peoples coins back.
This guy is dodging people had an IRC channel posted on his page now that channel is locked for invite only.

If he did have a backup he would have already loaded it on a temp server and told people to log on and withdraw coins asap. As to the people mining on his pool again I feel sorry for them when he decides to conveniently have problems with his server again.
For the record yes I had auto payment on but only ever received 1 payment the day before the alleged attacks.

▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄
LetItRide     ||     Innovative Gambling Platform     ||     ICO OPEN - EARLY INVESTOR BONUS
▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀
PeachyPeach

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:04:16 AM

http://img.pandawhale.com/57543-Bitcoin-300-spartans-Stay-Stro-Vpch.png

I'm a graphic designer. At your service. =]
theking7426

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:04:24 AM

I am trying to access crypto pools but just stuck at the ddos protection :S
GoldenChalice

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:04:40 AM

I remember hearing about the early sellers of Bitcoin who sold their bitcoins and now complaining how they wish they held.
PeachyPeach

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:08:44 AM

I remember hearing about the early sellers of Bitcoin who sold their bitcoins and now complaining how they wish they held.

I remember hearing about some guy paying 40,000 bitcoin for a pizza in the early days. Man I bet he feels stupid right now. Lol.
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:13:13 AM

Newbie miner question here. How do I check the current 42coin network to know if I can go back to mining one or more dents back like the page 43 days. Is there a way to make a bat file that can see if it makes sense to mine with 120-160kh/s and if not mine something else? Not worried about current price at all. The lower it goes the more likely I can mine a dent I figure.
janos666

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:13:37 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 12:27:42 AM by janos666

I agree with some of your arguments and I see your points in some others. Some, I can't accept.

No, I just said I already bought a significant amount of 42. You must know, I knew I am buying relatively expensive coins, I didn't wait for duping dips. This means I plan to keep longer.
I said everybody should think in weeks as a minimum, not in days or hours. Even if you want a relatively quick profit from this coin. Nobody should freak out on the real-time price.
Longer plans are even better. Of course.

But I can't agree with you about scaring anybody away from mining.
Mining is the blood pump, the soul, the steam machine in, the moving force behind each and every coin.
If a coin loses network speed, it also looses value.

Sure, for a short time, the eliminations of a lot of miner-dumpers creates positive price fluctuation because the demand will react slower (stays quasi constant for a while) than the supply (almost dies off for some moment instantly). But after that, demand will also drop. -> Miners will react, you loose the last miner-dumpers.
And this is the point where demand is low, you see tons of panic sells. -> price drops even lower -> now you see the last panic sells and a constantly dropping network speed along with a constantly dropping price until you have about 0.0x Gh/s and a lot of zeros on the wrong side of the decimal point in the price because nobody is stupid enough to buy a coin which doesn't have a decent network speed.

As I said, I just saw this happen with my last investment.

BTW, I am also mining this coin 24/7 and I do know it actually has a very bad net profit right now. -> That's why I bought even at current price. Because it's still too low.
But if you kill the network speed, then... God help this coin! And me... because I will loose a lot ... again...
If it ever falls below 1 Gh/s, that's game over. It just won't come back. Not in this environment. People will forget 42 and mine "the next big thing". And the investors will follow the miners. It's very simple.

You need to keep every miners. Get even more attention, gather even more miners! Don't scare them off!

Have you ever checked the network speed of Bitcoin or Litecoin? Do you think those coins have a relatively decent price for 1/maxcoin?
Go and check a coin which is around a relatively long time ago with a low network speed.
What's your conclusion?
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 221 »
  Print  

Jump to: