Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:28:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 221 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 42 | Time to Revive 42 Coin - Everyone get in here!!!  (Read 357115 times)
janos666

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 01:28:53 AM

I'm getting tired of alt coins. Every time I buy it in always drops more to half or a third what it was at when I bought in.

It always gets worse before it gets better. Wink
And it never gets better.
Sad

Chillout Matey the price drop is due to miners dumping and panic selling , that's due to some bad marketing , FUD and price swings , hang in there 42 should be rocketing by next week.

If I got 1 BTC every time when I read this, I wouldn't need a GPU or ASIC farm, all I would need to do is reading these forums all day long for a week and the retire at 26. Cheesy
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mfhc

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 01:33:45 AM

Man, with 42Coin back down under $900 I regret buying into it at 1500. I got fucked over. I regret getting into this. Now I'm a bag holder who can't make a profit and lost half his btc

Sad

You guys make profit at my expense.

The trick is to buy twice as much on the down swing to even it out. Just hold the coins for a while, you can still make profit! It's only the first week of 42 coin madness.

Yeah, but you never know when is the swing really down.
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 01:34:51 AM

dedicatedpool all the way but does anyone know about cryptopools?

I remember that they said we could login but even since then I have been locked with no response.

Are they as bad as pooljunkie ended up being for us first nighters?

If you just need your account unlock, PM me your username.  If you need PIN/password reset, PM ahmed_bodi.

Go to http://42C.cryptopools.com to withdraw your coins.

And if we want to steal your coins, we wouldn't have spent all day yesterday getting the site back online.

-tb-

brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 01:37:35 AM

Man, with 42Coin back down under $900 I regret buying into it at 1500. I got fucked over. I regret getting into this. Now I'm a bag holder who can't make a profit and lost half his btc

Sad

You guys make profit at my expense.

The trick is to buy twice as much on the down swing to even it out. Just hold the coins for a while, you can still make profit! It's only the first week of 42 coin madness.

Yeah, but you never know when is the swing really down.

What I like to do is set progressively larger buys at lower and lower prices. 42coin is a great miner investment because if the price goes down you should be able to mine more of it to sell in the next bubble. I'm going to hold my 42coin and buy a mining rig on credit and if the price goes up I win and pay off the rig and if it goes down I mine and pay off rig at the next bubble.
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 01:40:16 AM

dedicatedpool all the way but does anyone know about cryptopools?

I remember that they said we could login but even since then I have been locked with no response.

Are they as bad as pooljunkie ended up being for us first nighters?

If you just need your account unlock, PM me your username.  If you need PIN/password reset, PM ahmed_bodi.

Go to http://42C.cryptopools.com to withdraw your coins.

And if we want to steal your coins, we wouldn't have spent all day yesterday getting the site back online.

-tb-

It's all true, cryptopools is legit, I had 89 dent still sitting in the new site. I forgot all about it after switching to other coins. Sorry 42coin I've been having to see other coins, since you've been seeing every damn host you get find to service your ports.
theking7426

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 01:43:08 AM

lmao just my luck I guess. Get logged in to one cryptopools account, luckily only 17 dents, but payment was sent to this address 4P6L3BRJSPC8nPppK844vszdfzDX45jPk1

Hopefully the other account didn't get jacked too.
techbytes
Legendary

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 01:57:12 AM

lmao just my luck I guess. Get logged in to one cryptopools account, luckily only 17 dents, but payment was sent to this address 4P6L3BRJSPC8nPppK844vszdfzDX45jPk1

Hopefully the other account didn't get jacked too.

If the address you posted is a compromised address, you will get your 17 dents back.  Your other account has 229 dents.  PM me the username of both accounts.

-tb-

Edit:  Post your 42coin address and I'll send you 17 dents...

Devianttwo

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:06:29 AM

ATTENTION POOL OWNERS. Please check for duplicate payout addresses and fix them!! Here is a script that you can run on phpmyadmin in order to display any duplicate results.  This way you can find out who is effected and correct the addresses immediately

Code:
SELECT  m.username,m.email,m.ap_threshold,m.coin_address
FROM    (
        SELECT coin_address
        FROM    accounts
        GROUP BY
                coin_address
        HAVING  COUNT(*) > 2
        ) q
JOIN    accounts m
ON      m.coin_address = q.coin_address

*EDIT*
Reason it searching for more then 3 results instead of 2 is because I have noticed alot of results where friends share the same address.  so I made it less sensitive.  Change to 1 if you want to display ANY duplicate address

Want to earn 50% of each deposit? Check out the best Bitcoin referral program
techbytes
Legendary

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:12:11 AM

^^the sooner you do this the less coin you will lose...

-tb-

losthymns

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:30:04 AM

About how long to transactions take to send people 42? Is it only 42 seconds?

BTC - 156d8mXSQmYy6ZXccxJ6y4idZrbUFYxgRS                               EAC - eSF9ePLvu8TQ1EvBd7YpKn3XPdDxbwKNsW
Free BTC every 24 hours- http://www.qoinpro.com/97d7b9c426f685410fcb1408445553d4
daemonfox

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:31:45 AM

It is awesome of the two pool Ops running the only two legit pools outside P2Pool to be sharing the above info... spot on.

If you are not going to use P2Pool to keep from having to deal with an actual pool, these two Ops are proactively proving they care. Use them or P2Pool.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
Maurizio

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:42:57 AM

No panic sells guys, they are interestet to bring 42 to the bottom.
Why? they wanna buy your shares which would be soon alot more
worth than actually!

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
argakiig

Activity: 658
Merit: 257

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:47:14 AM

It is awesome of the two pool Ops running the only two legit pools outside P2Pool to be sharing the above info... spot on.

If you are not going to use P2Pool to keep from having to deal with an actual pool, these two Ops are proactively proving they care. Use them or P2Pool.

So I'm curious where your getting off saying these are the only legit pools? Just cause I have less hash and have only found 1 block at my pool does that mean I am less legit? I think not it just means people are less hesitant to try some of us smaller ones because of all the scams that have been going around. I have over 48 hours of server uptime with no issues. I have had at least 1 miner on this pool for the entire uptime period.

http://42.argakiig.us has a nice stable pool with low pool hash rate meaning lower hasher still get a piece of the coin when it drops. Feel free to check this out or any other pools I run. I strive for transparency in regards to transactions with my pools so if you have a questions feel free to pm me or join me on freenode irc at #argakiig

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
dedicatedpool

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:49:06 AM

So I'm curious where your getting off saying these are the only legit pools? Just cause I have less hash and have only found 1 block at my pool does that mean I am less legit? I think not it just means people are less hesitant to try some of us smaller ones because of all the scams that have been going around. I have over 48 hours of server uptime with no issues. I have had at least 1 miner on this pool for the entire uptime period.

http://42.argakiig.us has a nice stable pool with low pool hash rate meaning lower hasher still get a piece of the coin when it drops. Feel free to check this out or any other pools I run. I strive for transparency in regards to transactions with my pools so if you have a questions feel free to pm me or join me on freenode irc at #argakiig

It's just FUD.  You can't say anything is legit and be serious without including the most honest and trustworthy mining site on the Internet, dedicatedpool.com.

The select statement is a very nice offering from DTWO.  Thank you for that and the mining community thanks you.

http://dedicatedpool.com
Ryan, dedicatedpool.com support/admin
admin@dedicatedpool.com / IRC on freenode #dedicatedpool
http://dedicatedpool.com/images/l.png
techbytes
Legendary

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:55:03 AM

Actually, the most honest and trustworthy mining site on the planet is CryptoPools...   Grin

-tb-

dedicatedpool

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:05:40 AM

Actually, the most honest and trustworthy mining site on the planet is CryptoPools...   Grin

-tb-

Wink

Coin-Moron

Activity: 540

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:26:29 AM

This thread had finally become pool obsessed. Grin
Pythonideus

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:34:44 AM

Earlier this evening, amid complaints of fraudulent withdrawals from many of our miners, we at Hackshard launched a full investigation into our databases, websites, and other software with the goal of identifying and eliminating the faulty code, hardware, or security. We discovered no fault in the cronjobs, databases, stratum servers, wallets, or any of the other various components of the Hackshard mining pools. While this did confirm that the Hackshard infrastructure was not at fault, our findings hinted at something perhaps even more worrisome. We found that several dozen miners had recently withdrawn to a single address: the same address as that which many of those claiming fraud had presented to us as having stolen their coins. Given the extreme unlikelihood of so many miners being host to the same keylogging virus, and given the complete lack of evidence that our own pools have been infiltrated by malicious agents, we have concluded that the issue could only have arisen from miners using identical login credentials with multiple pools. If this is the case, with a significant portion of our miners having been victims, we further conclude that only one with access to the database of a rather large pool could have been the thief. As such, we request that all miners who have been affected by this theft respond immediately with a full list of pools which they have recently used so that we may attempt to identify the malignant pool. We further request that all pool owners search their outgoing transactions for multiple usernames withdrawing to a few addresses.

We strongly urge everyone to use separate credentials on each and every pool he or she uses and to enable automatic payments.
dedicatedpool

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:49:15 AM

That's basically what it comes down to.  We had over 150 accounts on our pools hacked as well.   Those who were smart enough to use separate passwords just had their accounts locked.

You can't force people to use different pins and passwords unfortunately, you can only educate them and let them make their own decisions.

Also judging by the number of people who use gmail accounts as well, I'm assuming that the problem goes farther than just hacking on a pool. People will have their egmail accounts hacked as well and possible banking information stolen, paypal funds stolen, and the list goes on.

I can't stress enough how important password security is.  And how important it is not to just run and sign up to the latest 0% pool out there.  Think about it.

http://dedicatedpool.com
Ryan, dedicatedpool.com support/admin
admin@dedicatedpool.com / IRC on freenode #dedicatedpool
http://dedicatedpool.com/images/l.png
seftonde

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:13:55 AM

Earlier this evening, amid complaints of fraudulent withdrawals from many of our miners, we at Hackshard launched a full investigation into our databases, websites, and other software with the goal of identifying and eliminating the faulty code, hardware, or security. We discovered no fault in the cronjobs, databases, stratum servers, wallets, or any of the other various components of the Hackshard mining pools. While this did confirm that the Hackshard infrastructure was not at fault, our findings hinted at something perhaps even more worrisome. We found that several dozen miners had recently withdrawn to a single address: the same address as that which many of those claiming fraud had presented to us as having stolen their coins. Given the extreme unlikelihood of so many miners being host to the same keylogging virus, and given the complete lack of evidence that our own pools have been infiltrated by malicious agents, we have concluded that the issue could only have arisen from miners using identical login credentials with multiple pools. If this is the case, with a significant portion of our miners having been victims, we further conclude that only one with access to the database of a rather large pool could have been the thief. As such, we request that all miners who have been affected by this theft respond immediately with a full list of pools which they have recently used so that we may attempt to identify the malignant pool. We further request that all pool owners search their outgoing transactions for multiple usernames withdrawing to a few addresses.

We strongly urge everyone to use separate credentials on each and every pool he or she uses and to enable automatic payments.

All,

My career is in information security.  I am not affiliated with, nor have I mined at Hackshard's pool, but what this gentleman (or lady) states does make sense.  I urge you all to do as Hackshard recommends.  Many other people here on this forum have given the same or similar advice:

Use different login credentials for each pool you visit - even for different coins.
Use a complex password - not from the dictionary, not your cat's middle name, not your mom's maiden name. 
AGAIN, Do NOT reuse passwords accross different systems.  Make your passwords are different for your mining accounts, your bank, your email etc. etc.  I know it's a pain in the ass, but it is doable.  Remember, the current recommendation is to write them down and put them in your (physical) wallet or purse.  It is a lot easier to lose your passwords on your computer than to have a thief break into your home and steal your wallet.  And, if your wallet is stolen, you will know about it and take action for your credit cards, driver license etc as well as your passwords. If a hacker steals your on-line password that is on your computer, you may not find out about it until he/she does a lot of damage.

Good luck and lets keep mining clean.

d

Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 221 »
  Print  

Jump to: