Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:22:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ••• [ANN][SMC] SmartCoin • KGW • Cryptsy • Reduced Block Rewards • Update your wallets • 10 EXCHANGE  (Read 298747 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:38:02 PM

Hehehe, people started to realize the potential in this coin with the update from smartcoin.
Buy walls going insane a lot Wink  Soon price will be never back under 1000 Sat.

In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
metstijl

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:18:07 PM

Can anyone explain me very short what pos is ? (srs)
metstijl

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:23:02 PM

This is for smartcoin, the dev.

I am thinking of buying a btc worth of SMC at this price buy before I do, I'd like to advise the dev. on one thing (Please don't take it the wrong way or in any personal way). Please refrain from using any abusive languages or profanity. As a dev., you are the brand of Smartcoin as you are the only dev. working on Smartcoin and the creator of Smartcoin. You are the face at the least. Anything you do will be monitored by the community on here and a dev. that uses profanity does not really leaves a good image on the brand Smartcoin. Even with the trolls, the haters, the overzealous people unsatisfied with the current results of smartcoin, please refrain from using profanity as it leaves a bad taste with new and current investors. This is only an advice and you can take it either way, but realize that people are more invested in projects with a competent, professional developer and believe it or not, profanity could be a deciding factor. I have watched this post with awe that the language that you speak to metjisi (however you spelled it) is rude and very unprofessional to Smartcoin brand even though he constantly trolls and is a negative impact on the community. Still, I ask of you from a current small investor of Smartcoin to think of the words you are posting on here because you are the developer of smartcoin.

I have maintained a calm composure through out the entire life of SMC, if you look through all of my posts, I have never used any insanely profane language. I have tried to tell him to leave politely, or just stop posting in this thread as none of it has been constructive. This was a notable exception. I hope you understand that this is not my normal behavior. I have not talked to anyone else like that, ever, and I don't plan on doing so.

If you feel like that post is that destructive to the reputation of SMC, I'd be happy to delete all of the relevant posts.

I <3 mr smartcoin , she is my sister irl.
Dont worry about pumping btc in to smartcoin.
Invisible Hands

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:34:28 AM

Also, I'm working on the new wallets. Got to add some extra stuff (new logo, checkpoints, version/protocol number) and clean up a few stuff.

can you tell us which reward you plan on changing it to??
and do you have an eta of when this will be done by?

The winner of the poll. 16 SMC being halved every 6 months. I think the best thing after we reach a 1 SMC reward would be to switch to Proof of Stake.

The changes don't take very long. It's getting all of the wallets compiled and ready to go. The guy who builds the Windows wallets for me isn't responding at the moment, so I don't want to release anything without working wallets on both platforms.

I understand, give the people what they want.  I politely disagree with two instant halvings to 16 SMC blocks, therefore I'm out.  Good luck to you guys.
smartcoin (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

smartcoin.io

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 03:09:16 AM

Also, I'm working on the new wallets. Got to add some extra stuff (new logo, checkpoints, version/protocol number) and clean up a few stuff.

The winner of the poll. 16 SMC being halved every 6 months. I think the best thing after we reach a 1 SMC reward would be to switch to Proof of Stake.

The changes don't take very long. It's getting all of the wallets compiled and ready to go. The guy who builds the Windows wallets for me isn't responding at the moment, so I don't want to release anything without working wallets on both platforms.

I understand, give the people what they want.  I politely disagree with two instant halvings to 16 SMC blocks, therefore I'm out.  Good luck to you guys.

Any reason for that? I'm genuinely interested in why you find it so appalling.

Wolodarsky

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:47:42 AM

Just an observation: with a halving to 32, then 16, etc., the original SMC schedule is preserved, albeit on a different schedule than originally intended.  Most people would understand the need to combat inflation, but overall the change wouldn't seem overly heavy-handed or manipulative.

An immediate shift to 16 or lower is obviously more drastic, and it also implies a major departure from the original plan--not just tinkering and improvement, but a total and somewhat arbitrary shift.  Now consider the potential of introducing PoS sometime in the future: another major departure.

My point is that this seems great for those of us with existing SMC holdings, but consider from the perspective of someone just getting into the coin.  The existing community mines millions of SMC at relatively low diff, then goes and quarters the reward, and even introduces a means of further rewarding those that already have large holdings.  It comes across almost as a premine on a larger scale.  Although a coin that started out with the proposed new specs would interest a lot of people, wouldn't a reboot as drastic as the one being proposed cause some resentment among prospective new miners, given that it would effectively create a caste system?

I'm not arguing that nothing should be done.  I'm just suggesting that, all things considered, it might make sense to accelerate the timescale but not alter other fundamental aspects of the coin as drastically as is being proposed.
Antebellum

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:42:58 AM

An immediate shift to 16 or lower is obviously more drastic, and it also implies a major departure from the original plan--not just tinkering and improvement, but a total and somewhat arbitrary shift.  Now consider the potential of introducing PoS sometime in the future: another major departure.

My point is that this seems great for those of us with existing SMC holdings, but consider from the perspective of someone just getting into the coin.  The existing community mines millions of SMC at relatively low diff, then goes and quarters the reward, and even introduces a means of further rewarding those that already have large holdings.  It comes across almost as a premine on a larger scale.  Although a coin that started out with the proposed new specs would interest a lot of people, wouldn't a reboot as drastic as the one being proposed cause some resentment among prospective new miners, given that it would effectively create a caste system?

They had everytime in the world to jump on the ship like eveyone else, they didnt, sorry but thats their choice nothing i can decide for them or feel sorry for. And for the newcomers the change isnt something that happened over a night, it is still not even implemented so if theyre such true belivers the still have their change of buying in and/or mining now. . . dont see that is a problem if they want in they can start now before the changes take place the rest no sayers of them is just to late, and thats life. The even was a poll up for voting, if they wanted  another block reward their was plenty of options in that to choose from, again to late to the party and now cries to parents that the cake is gone just because every kid that wanted cake got their in time instead, and he just wanna be out and do other things then.   every coin that wanna last need to make improvements to do so, and this is one step in making Smc better!

halinyo
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:48:46 AM

They had everytime in the world to jump on the ship like eveyone else, they didnt, sorry but thats their choice nothing i can decide for them or feel sorry for. And for the newcomers the change isnt something that happened over a night, it is still not even implemented so if theyre such true belivers the still have their change of buying in and/or mining now. . . dont see that is a problem if they want in they can start now before the changes take place the rest no sayers of them is just to late, and thats life. The even was a poll up for voting, if they wanted  another block reward their was plenty of options in that to choose from, again to late to the party and now cries to parents that the cake is gone just because every kid that wanted cake got their in time instead, and he just wanna be out and do other things then.   every coin that wanna last need to make improvements to do so, and this is one step in making Smc better!

++++1111111
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:00:43 AM

Someone is selling a lot of SMC... but let him do it.

Also, I would also kindly ask smartcoin for what he spent 60k from the premined coins? : http://altexplorer.net/address/SQJdz9FwYWowrGXdg47Jiv2mLqm3qwcnRK

No offence. Just to make it clear for everybody and for the future of the SMC.

Thank you.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
whale123

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:30:21 AM

Where are we on finding the new marketing person? It's been weeks since we started recruiting.

CrayjeksAjek

Activity: 186

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 01:19:51 PM

I think a droid and apple wallet should be created to help boost this coin a bit. Not too many alt coins go as far and as legit as droid and iphone wallets. Id start working on it if I knew how, just a thought Smiley

Antebellum

Activity: 374

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:15:53 PM

I think a droid and apple wallet should be created to help boost this coin a bit. Not too many alt coins go as far and as legit as droid and iphone wallets. Id start working on it if I knew how, just a thought Smiley

that would be awesome, also starting some kind of foundraising for a good cause, would be win win, Smc community get to help some in need and hopefully get  "free" awarness because of it, Doge community is very good at this i must say. and they even was in swedish newspaper earlier this week just because their doge for water foundation, quite simple and brilliant! Smiley im looking into it but need a bit more webbdesign skill to pull it off. . but hey it a thought for those know to handle the big wide web! Smiley Or is something like that planned already, that i missed?

Symbiont

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:07:24 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 07:33:27 PM by Symbiont

Where are we on finding the new marketing person? It's been weeks since we started recruiting.

I´ve offered my help several times! Nobody wanted it. Now I´m out. I don´t have time for it anymore. So sorry about.

I´ll hold my coins and keep on mining SMC and I still believe in the marketing potential.
Symbiont

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:16:28 PM

16 SMC is the right way in my opinion. But we have to think about the 6 month halving. Even if we change to Proof of Stake after we hit 1 SMC... and this will be in 30 month!!!
After that we will have 20 million SMC.

In my optinion a 18 month halving would be much better:

Let´s make a new poll for the halving time, please!!!
gavgav

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:29:51 PM

16 SMC is the right way in my opinion. But we have to think about the 6 month halving. Even if we change to Proof of Stake after we hit 1 SMC... and this will be in 30 month!!!

There is really no need for a new poll. The 16 halving every 6 months is the best and safest option for the future of this brilliant coin!
gavgav

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:52:32 PM

smartcoin gamble no longer works! can we have the link removed or updated. it seems we could do with some more games for SMC. any ideas ppls?

Dev can you please do this asap!
Symbiont

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:27:05 PM

There is really no need for a new poll. The 16 halving every 6 months is the best and safest option for the future of this brilliant coin!

Can´t you see the problem with the 6 month halving??? We will never reach the 52 million coins. We will only reach 20 million coins with this halving. BTC has a halving time of 4 years for a good reason.
halinyo
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:14:06 PM

We need a marketing person like him:  Shocked Grin Grin Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I14b-C67EXY
Crypto Whale

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:13:58 PM

Investing another good .4 into this..also did you ever think of selecting a few useful and loyal people and making them part of the official Smartcoin team? I think it would help this coin out tremendously if the right people were aboard along with you and it would be better anyways so you wouldn't have to do everything yourself.
Crypto Whale

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:22:08 PM

Also could anyone edit together a video promoting Smartcoin? and mention how bitcoin blew up etc for people who don't yet know about cryptocurrency's  I may be able to get it seen by a good few thousand people.. let me know.
Pages: « 1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 »
  Print  

Jump to: