Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:59:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052961 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kov

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 09:18:05 AM

On a sidenote, great how you corrected my misplaced "," in quoting me  Grin

Sorry I'm sometimes pedantic like that. Tongue

Made me laugh mate, no worries Smiley

Don't you mean:

"Made me laugh mate ,no worries Smiley

??
 Cheesy

Edit: I really liked the slogan too.

"To speculate is human, to accumulate is Noble"

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
james6546

Activity: 691

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:32:39 AM

Hi IceCube,

If you read this, can you please unlock my account on your pool?

Not really sure what happened, I got page could not be displayed, then it was locked!
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 09:36:31 AM

Hi IceCube,

Not really sure what happened, I got page could not be displayed, then it was locked!

He's not on IRC at the moment so not sure when he'll back back on to see this. :S

coinfingers

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:44:57 AM

On a sidenote, great how you corrected my misplaced "," in quoting me  Grin

Sorry I'm sometimes pedantic like that. Tongue

Made me laugh mate, no worries Smiley

Don't you mean:

"Made me laugh mate ,no worries Smiley

??
 Cheesy

Edit: I really liked the slogan too.

"To speculate is human, to accumulate is Noble"

+1! ,:)
james6546

Activity: 691

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:55:23 AM

Hi IceCube,

He's not on IRC at the moment so not sure when he'll back back on to see this. :S

Don't worry, I am on crytotycoons at the mo (as I like to be in the top 15 list). Whenever he is back is fine, you guys are allowed lives too!
ster123456

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:15:52 AM

9hTt7k776gneVpas9dgAZTy9HFu1HiBEyZ
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 10:29:29 AM

Updated Public Ledger.

YourMine.org

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 10:50:25 AM

PPLNS Pay System
2 min Auto Payout
0% fees for the first two weeks! - Ends Jan 30th (1% Thereafter)

Advanced Security
1Gbp European Servers
Ddos Protection
SSD HDDs
Mobile / Tablet Friendly

Hi, So for some time we have been building the framework to offer you all professional, stable and secure Mining Pools and we are pleased to announce the third pool is up and running: Noblecoin!

We will be adding more pools as we go for various coins & hope to build a great relationship with our users.

In the coming weeks we will be adding some pretty cool features to the control panel which we believe your going to love, swing bye and give us a try you won't be disappointed and we would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks for supporting NobleCoin with your pool. I've signed up and started mining on it in hopes that others will follow. Cheers

Thanks WhyS, we appreciate the support!

Come and have a look guys and girls!, we are here for the long run not just a quick buck!
a3tje

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:02:37 AM

i actually message that idea to ROFO about 5 hours ago.. which is kinda why i brought up the the topic of PoS and the need to give an incentive to save..

I imagine Rofo is asleep so will be interested to hear his response..

On maintaining an interest account i would say set aside a fixed amount say 50k and use a simple day trade mechanism.. the reality of the market is that we will see eventual dips.. so buying back more with the BTC earned with initial sale is a given... thats pretty much the simplified way of how a bank does it.. of course they have more options...

In the interest of transparency we can even create a www.myaltcoin.com account for the specific trading account..so that any investor could log on to see the status of the transactions...though i am unsure if accessing a site from multiple locations will force account to be closed... we could even choose an Ambassador to give us a status update on the particular account.. Screenshots and all... and no i dont believe this qualifes as a pump and dump system.
Good to hear, hope rofo will give an reply or his thoughts about this.

Maybe a more "simple" method instead of implementing POS would be to adjust the Noble Wallet client. For example when you recieve the coins in your wallet that you have the option to "store" them, giving you +X% interest over a month or to transfer them to your spending wallet. You could also turn it around and implementing an "spending" fee for mined coins. It would make mining more interesting for people who are in for the long run and also it would kind of make "pump and dump" less interesting as your mining reward is lower.

When writing this I realized that the "fee" could then be distributed over people who store their coins. Kind of how a bank works, a saving account and a spending account (one with interest rate and one without, however for this coin instead of giving interest you take a fee and distribute that amongst the other accounts)....

What are everybody's thoughts about this?

NOBLECOIN - 9fvwjckaumnb6jMXtBsE3tdtsN3V5SLBU1
Polobyxa

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:23:52 AM

Hello everyone!

I'm announcing a giveaway for my pool!

The person that finds the block closest to block number 13220 (or the block itself) will win 15 k

RULES OF CONTEST:

Must be mining in pool for at least 2 hours

In the event that two miners find blocks, the same distance apart, I will reward them both 15k

Happy Hashing
icecube45

http://noblepool.zapto.org

EDIT: If your coins aren't instantly sent, please allow me some time, as I may take a nap

I never win anything, so I can't imagine winning this either.. Wink
damnation

Activity: 98

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434996.0

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 11:24:41 AM

i actually message that idea to ROFO about 5 hours ago.. which is kinda why i brought up the the topic of PoS and the need to give an incentive to save..

On maintaining an interest account i would say set aside a fixed amount say 50k and use a simple day trade mechanism.. the reality of the market is that we will see eventual dips.. so buying back more with the BTC earned with initial sale is a given... thats pretty much the simplified way of how a bank does it.. of course they have more options...

In the interest of transparency we can even create a www.myaltcoin.com account for the specific trading account..so that any investor could log on to see the status of the transactions...though i am unsure if accessing a site from multiple locations will force account to be closed... we could even choose an Ambassador to give us a status update on the particular account.. Screenshots and all... and no i dont believe this qualifes as a pump and dump system.

Maybe a more "simple" method instead of implementing POS would be to adjust the Noble Wallet client. For example when you recieve the coins in your wallet that you have the option to "store" them, giving you +X% interest over a month or to transfer them to your spending wallet. You could also turn it around and implementing an "spending" fee for mined coins. It would make mining more interesting for people who are in for the long run and also it would kind of make "pump and dump" less interesting as your mining reward is lower.

When writing this I realized that the "fee" could then be distributed over people who store their coins. Kind of how a bank works, a saving account and a spending account (one with interest rate and one without, however for this coin instead of giving interest you take a fee and distribute that amongst the other accounts)....

its a good idea but I think some significant coding will have to be done.. and also we need to consider ways for premine to pay for itself. . nothing lasts forever.. and so to protect the noble movement we might need to adjust our thinking abt the way we normally do things. .

im toying with ideas on how to dispose of a bit of the premine without killing the market.. will have to flesh it out..but I would prefer to have this conversation at our own forum. . do we have a nobletalk.org yet?

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Noble:9ZQo8HaeCjporC7T4PFgVcqzXc5KLyGrnV
LOT: LzUoeyakB8DRoHgqMgHSWMzipW5Nr63zkg
BTC: 1EiY4FqGbbfL6VUhiVLe8Z5R7BVVyyLTmw
LTC: LaGJ2utSYG4bhQ882mJ8QkS1bq45p25vcD
damnation

Activity: 98

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434996.0

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 11:25:14 AM

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Noble:9ZQo8HaeCjporC7T4PFgVcqzXc5KLyGrnV
LOT: LzUoeyakB8DRoHgqMgHSWMzipW5Nr63zkg
BTC: 1EiY4FqGbbfL6VUhiVLe8Z5R7BVVyyLTmw
LTC: LaGJ2utSYG4bhQ882mJ8QkS1bq45p25vcD
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 11:44:25 AM

Hey guys,

The idea of a 'savings account' to soften landing on an exchange and promote some of the larger holders to save (giving us even more time to build value/potential in the meantime) is honestly something we hadn't thought of but are now very intrigued by it. It is moments like this that make us see the true potential value of some of our reserves.

Just some initial points for you guys on how we feel at the moment, but we think with more discussion it is a very good idea.

1) We feel it would be best for a larger exchange (aka Cryptsy) should that ever happen in the future. With larger volume and amount in circulation they are the ones with the potential to affect the price too much? It also gives us time to work on it and iron out any details (we have a lot to do at the moment - but waiting for a larger exchange gives us perhaps at least a month or two?)

2) We would like to keep it simple - fees, taxes, etc. etc. would be a no. Remember, a lot of us are here because crypto lacks a lot of that and allows more freedom/less control and paperwork?

3) It does feel like in some ways we would be manipulating the market - but if it was a community thing and everyone thinks it is a great idea to build the coins core strength, protect it somewhat from market dumps and improve value then we're all ears. This sounds quite 'controlled' and 'centralized' which we don't want to pursue unless there is a lot of positive feedback on it.

4) It could be as simple as having a savings address for each user who wanted to get on board (with the help of an enhanced block explorer we could simply check the addresses and make sure the amounts are saved). Savers create a new address, transfer the amount they want to 'save' and sit it in their wallet. This safely resolves a few potential issues, a) no-one has to hand over any coins to a 3rd party (trust), b) we don't have to micro-manage anything (besides checking the wallets once the saving period is up) (work) and c) holders still retain the power to sell should they so desire at any point, it simple means they are sacrificing their next 'interest' payout (control). We feel like trying to hold on to savings somewhere externally and not allowing miners/holders access to it until a certain point is far too out of the NOBLE character and would be nowhere near as popular with our community.

5) 'Interest' to be received is pre-determined, paid out at specific intervals - perhaps monthly or bi-weekly - and comes out of pre-determined NOBLE reserve addresses. It acts in a way that naturally rewards savers but does not amount to a massive 'interest' payout that then floods the exchange. Interest is only paid out once we have confirmed that nominated addresses have not been used to spend the saved amount.

This is not something that we had even considered, but if we continue to get PM's about the idea then let's get some feedback and discussion going on. I have set up a forum for this topic also here. These are our initial thoughts - so nothing is set in stone or decided.

Thanks for the idea - this could make for some very interesting (and challenging) discussion. Cheers!

ZBBBB

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:51:37 AM

Hey guys,

The idea of a 'savings account' to soften landing on an exchange and promote some of the larger holders to save (giving us even more time to build value/potential in the meantime) is honestly something we hadn't thought of but are now very intrigued by it. It is moments like this that make us see the true potential value of some of our reserves.

Just some initial points for you guys on how we feel at the moment, but we think with more discussion it is a very good idea.

1) We feel it would be best for a larger exchange (aka Cryptsy) should that ever happen in the future. With larger volume and amount in circulation they are the ones with the potential to affect the price too much? It also gives us time to work on it and iron out any details (we have a lot to do at the moment - but waiting for a larger exchange gives us perhaps at least a month or two?)

2) We would like to keep it simple - fees, taxes, etc. etc. would be a no. Remember, a lot of us are here because crypto lacks a lot of that and allows more freedom/less control and paperwork?

3) It does feel like in some ways we would be manipulating the market - but if it was a community thing and everyone thinks it is a great idea to build the coins core strength, protect it somewhat from market dumps and improve value then we're all ears. This sounds quite 'controlled' and 'centralized' which we don't want to pursue unless there is a lot of positive feedback on it.

4) It could be as simple as having a savings address for each user who wanted to get on board (with the help of an enhanced block explorer we could simply check the addresses and make sure the amounts are saved). Savers create a new address, transfer the amount they want to 'save' and sit it in their wallet. This safely resolves a few potential issues, a) no-one has to hand over any coins to a 3rd party (trust), b) we don't have to micro-manage anything (besides checking the wallets once the saving period is up) (work) and c) holders still retain the power to sell should they so desire at any point, it simple means they are sacrificing their next 'interest' payout (control). We feel like trying to hold on to savings somewhere externally and not allowing miners/holders access to it until a certain point is far too out of the NOBLE character and would be nowhere near as popular with our community.

5) 'Interest' to be received is pre-determined, paid out at specific intervals - perhaps monthly or bi-weekly - and comes out of pre-determined NOBLE reserve addresses. It acts in a way that naturally rewards savers but does not amount to a massive 'interest' payout that then floods the exchange. Interest is only paid out once we have confirmed that nominated addresses have not been used to spend the saved amount.

This is not something that we had even considered, but if we continue to get PM's about the idea then let's get some feedback and discussion going on. I have set up a forum for this topic also here. These are our initial thoughts - so nothing is set in stone or decided.

Thanks for the idea - this could make for some very interesting (and challenging) discussion. Cheers!

I will go on record and say that every noble I have would go directly into this account. The more visible and transparent the community is the stronger the value of the coin I feel.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 11:58:15 AM

We'll I'd advise not all of it, we would like to have merchants and markets at that point so you can spend them on something besides an exchange. Wink

ZBBBB

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:59:52 AM

We'll I'd advise not all of it, we would like to have merchants and markets at that point so you can spend them on something besides an exchange. Wink

That I "have"...today. You think I'm done mining Rofo? lol. Am I cut off? I plan on making a little more Smiley
ctenc001

Activity: 910

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 12:01:46 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2014, 12:12:35 PM by ctenc001

http://noblecoin.cryptotycoons.com/

North American Pool
only 1% fee Now .5% Fee!!!  
Never down
FAST!!

Free escrow service to all active miners! Lets get our trade volume up so we can hit an exchange!

Now Optimized for Noble Coin! Finding blocks over 5 times faster!!!

And also, I'd just like to thank the current miners! The fees are so low because the donations are so high!!!! You guys are great!!

Come join CryptoTycoons!
its one of the cheapest pools around, its never been down, and the owner (ME) is almost always available!
To vouche for my reputation, go to cryptotycoons.com and check out all the other pools and websites I currently own =)
vrm86

Activity: 676

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 12:56:41 PM

Hey guys,

That idea would be something new and unique. Also, it would prevent Noble Coin from dumping coins after it reaches exchanges and encourage people to mine, buy and hold coins instead of selling for quick profit. Devs, please consider that Smiley
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 01:06:05 PM

Don't worry we are - that's why I posted it. Tongue

Edit: The block explorer (and hopefully a better one) currently also helps with watching whether we're dumping or not - http://www.noblecoin.info/public-ledger/

ctenc001

Activity: 910

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 01:19:23 PM

Hey guys,

That idea would be something new and unique. Also, it would prevent Noble Coin from dumping coins after it reaches exchanges and encourage people to mine, buy and hold coins instead of selling for quick profit. Devs, please consider that Smiley

I think this is a great idea; it would prevent the massive dump when it first hits the market.

No idea if this is even remotely doable, i'm sure it'd be a ton of work and is far beyond me. But this dev team is awesome so.. =)

You could take this a step further and have people pledge to not withdrawal until a certain date. It would work like this.
1. User decides to deposit coins into a personal savings account, stored on there own computer/ in there wallet.
2. They are presented with a list of dates, and interest rates. The longer they store the coins, the higher the interest rate.
3. User selects a day.
4.The address is immediately Encrypted using an encryption key that is unique to the day they chose to withdrawal the coins.
5. Every day (or each time one of the predetermined dates that were on the list comes up, every day is probably overkill) the dev (or maybe the wallet already has these?) teams sends out the days unique encryption key so that the wallet/ savings account can be decrypted and the coins can be withdrawn. The interest rate could either be added straight to the savings account, for compound interest, or to the users regular wallet for immediate use.

This would stagger the withdrawals so that there is never a big dump. Interest fees could be paid out with premine? or using transaction fees?

Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: