Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:27:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052963 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
murkster

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

CLOAKCOIN. NOBLECOIN. VERICOIN.

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 09:50:28 PM

Nice one James...

Don't worry about me, use the bounty for other miners.. Wink

~NOBLE: 9nob1eN1GAte3sbZsfPDkw74JDxT2hbXRo ~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 10:08:44 PM

Time for X11? ASIC's and one hit multi's looking for targets.

Most coins are getting protected and now that doge is the field of targets has diminished considerably.

Rofo you need to seriously think on this. This coin cannot afford to be massively dumped.

Yesterday Dif rose to 7.5 then dropped to 2 or so so they are getting a quicker switching algorithm that is getting around the 1 dif retarget.

AFA Pools. I have used Poolerino from day 1 and have never had an issue (Except that pita invalid token so i have to enter the friggin captcha twice every friggin time). And Mike is always available and a supporter and follower of this thread. I can also vouch for Hash.So, I use it alot when I am fast switching coins.

We need the P2pool setup. I miss the days I could code. Never grow old and broken.

These scrypt ASICs are gonna totally decimate the entire altcoin market unless coins take steps to protect themselves.
That wouldn't even make sense... People pay big cash for those ASIC miners, why would they destroy the coins they mine. They need to get their investment money back. Coins will however have to prove themselves more then ever because the weak and unsupported coins may not survive it. And the coins you are mining right now might even be worth a lot more because there will be a much much higher difficulty and a lot less people will be able to mine. Sure, in the transition period where only a few ASICs are out the difficulty will be in between and you get mined away by them but once the market settles and adjusts to these new changes the stronger coins will live.

If someone spent $5,000 on an ASIC machine, they will want that $5,000 back and to do it is by mining and dumping as many coins they can.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

GBattaglia

Activity: 735
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:41:45 PM

I'm sorry guys but I would like to try and bring some logic to lessen ASIC worries.  So I'll address these issues one at a time:

• "People using ASICs to mine will ultimately bring more coins into the ecosystem and more large sell offs [also known as "dumping]."
Okay, this can be argued both on the technical level regarding coin production, and argued on the economic level regarding miner selling habits.
First off ASICs do not mean more coins will be produced.  It means difficulty will rise, which in-turn helps keep coin production constant.  Very few people will mine at
a loss electricity wise, meaning that a higher difficulty very often leads to a higher price.  Note:  ASICs will push difficulty higher but lower coin production [mining] costs,
so it should not adversely effect values.  Secondly, nearly all miners with more than 2MH/s in hash-power are looking to pay expenses and get a return on their investment,
GPU miners are no different from ASIC users in this regard.

• "ASIC miners will ultimately decimate the Alt-Coin scene in both profitability and value" 
    I'm sorry but I fail to see the basis for this argument.  Yes, GPU miners will be pushed out, just like they were in regards to SHA-256 mining, that didn't mean Bitcoin died out. 
    Refer to the above points for more reasoning behind why it ultimately won't "destroy" these currencies.

• "Scrypt ASICs favor those with more investment capital, meaning the rich get richer and it is unfair in regards to cryptocurrency."
    Again, this is no different from GPU mining.  There are those with numerous GPUs running solely for the sake of mining, it is no different from
    ASICs.  More capital ultimately means more currency for an individual, its just how it all works.  ASICs don't change this.

Note I do not own any ASIC mining hardware, so I say all of this not to protect my own investments.  I do run multiple GPU mining units though,
and while I can see that in regards to Scrypt I am a dying breed, I'm not going to spread FUD to try and help secure my economic position.
Thank you for reading.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 11:53:48 PM

We will be releasing a bit of a 'manifesto' over the weekend regarding everything that has been in discussion across the entire forum (our ANN and BTCT) for the last three months to clear the air and answer any questions. It will answer everything on tech., forks, algorithms, and everything non-technical. I have literally spent 18 hours a day for 3 months on NobleCoin and very deep in this scene, too deep if I wanted to keep my idealistic view on crypto. (a year beforehand on cryptocurrency but not as time intensive or at the same level). I think it's time we set our gameplan, intentions, 'standards' and 'policies' in stone. I don't think anyone who has stuck with us at this point will be unhappy with how we're going to take it forward as the 'short-term profit-taking coin-hoppers' have long moved on (I don't begrudge them, but at this point they are no longer a part of Noble). In fact I'm hoping it sets a solid anchor for us to move forward and brings a lot more people into the community to support us in one way or another.

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4891

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:17:18 AM

Ok, so this is a one time only offer. The first 10 people to mine on the charity pool at https://nobl.charityminingpools.com and stay on there for at least 24 hours get 1000 noble each.

Either reply on this thread, or PM me.

Under 100kh gets 500 Noble.

James

Edit: No I am not affiliated with the pool, I just hate a good idea going to waste

OK, I'll throw my main card from poolerino on there. whats the addy.

Send the 1k to the water charity.

Just had another card die so down to 2 on my mining rig and it's hitting Doge while price and dif are LOW!

Gigabyte RMA's are slow. 2 cards in as many weeks is lousy.

Anybody else get sticker shock from elec bill this month? :eek: doubled!

Thanks Smiley

https://nobl.charityminingpools.com

My electric for mine equates to roughly £1 a day. Though I only have 1 280x

James tried to join. Signed up created worker but stratum+tcp://noblus.charityminingpools.com is not responding and cannot ping it.

C:\Users\LicheLord>ping noblus.charityminingpools.com

Pinging uslb1.charityminingpools.com [162.243.236.107] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

I'm sorry guys but I would like to try and bring some logic to lessen ASIC worries.  So I'll address these issues one at a time:

• "People using ASICs to mine will ultimately bring more coins into the ecosystem and more large sell offs [also known as "dumping]."
Okay, this can be argued both on the technical level regarding coin production, and argued on the economic level regarding miner selling habits.
First off ASICs do not mean more coins will be produced.  It means difficulty will rise, which in-turn helps keep coin production constant.  Very few people will mine at
a loss electricity wise, meaning that a higher difficulty very often leads to a higher price.  Note:  ASICs will push difficulty higher but lower coin production [mining] costs,
so it should not adversely effect values.  Secondly, nearly all miners with more than 2MH/s in hash-power are looking to pay expenses and get a return on their investment,

• "ASIC miners will ultimately decimate the Alt-Coin scene in both profitability and value" 
    I'm sorry but I fail to see the basis for this argument.  Yes, GPU miners will be pushed out, just like they were in regards to SHA-256 mining, that didn't mean Bitcoin died out. 
    Refer to the above points for more reasoning behind why it ultimately won't "destroy" these currencies.

• "Scrypt ASICs favor those with more investment capital, meaning the rich get richer and it is unfair in regards to cryptocurrency."
    Again, this is no different from GPU mining.  There are those with numerous GPUs running solely for the sake of mining, it is no different from
    ASICs.  More capital ultimately means more currency for an individual, its just how it all works.  ASICs don't change this.

Note I do not own any ASIC mining hardware, so I say all of this not to protect my own investments.  I do run multiple GPU mining units though,
and while I can see that in regards to Scrypt I am a dying breed, I'm not going to spread FUD to try and help secure my economic position.
Thank you for reading.

Good points and I disagree. I'm not going to go into a lengthily point by point but I am going to state you cannot equate alt coins to BTC. Period, so your premise is flawed from inception.

We will be releasing a bit of a 'manifesto' over the weekend regarding everything that has been in discussion across the entire forum (our ANN and BTCT) for the last three months to clear the air and answer any questions. It will answer everything on tech., forks, algorithms, and everything non-technical. I have literally spent 18 hours a day for 3 months on NobleCoin and very deep in this scene, too deep if I wanted to keep my idealistic view on crypto. (a year beforehand on cryptocurrency but not as time intensive or at the same level). I think it's time we set our gameplan, intentions, 'standards' and 'policies' in stone. I don't think anyone who has stuck with us at this point will be unhappy with how we're going to take it forward as the 'short-term profit-taking coin-hoppers' have long moved on (I don't begrudge them, but at this point they are no longer a part of Noble). In fact I'm hoping it sets a solid anchor for us to move forward and brings a lot more people into the community to support us in one way or another.

I will be looking forward to this, your insights are spot on as far as I've been able to glean so far.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
GBattaglia

Activity: 735

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:37:48 AM

Ok, so this is a one time only offer. The first 10 people to mine on the charity pool at https://nobl.charityminingpools.com and stay on there for at least 24 hours get 1000 noble each.

James

Edit: No I am not affiliated with the pool, I just hate a good idea going to waste

Just had another card die so down to 2 on my mining rig and it's hitting Doge while price and dif are LOW!

Thanks Smiley

James tried to join. Signed up created worker but stratum+tcp://noblus.charityminingpools.com is not responding and cannot ping it.

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Thank you for reading.

Good points and I disagree. I'm not going to go into a lengthily point by point but I am going to state you cannot equate alt coins to BTC. Period, so your premise is flawed from inception.

I will be looking forward to this, your insights are spot on as far as I've been able to glean so far.

Looking forward to it Rofo. 

@Hueristic, I'd like to hear it.  Calling a whole premise flawed without addressing primary reasons as to why helps no one.  Smiley
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:45:59 AM

I do want to say, we can't equate altcoins to BTC in the sense that ASICs entering the scene will help the price of altcoins. The main reason for this is due to the proliferation of scrypt-based altcoins that have a supporting community. Sure there may be several SHA-256 alts, but the way profitability functions, BTC is usually the most profitable. As for scrypt-based altcoins, there is no clear "standard-bearer" so with the advent of scrypt-based ASICs, it will most likely force one coin to stand above the rest based on the amount of investment that goes into it. This inherently implies two things: 1) in all likelihood, the price of one coin along with the price of several alts will go up (most likely, those alts will not necessarily be scrypt-based; in fact, I expect most of them to not be) 2) the coins not "fortunate" to be caught up in the upswing will likely fade away.

The trickiest thing is that because of the proliferation of altcoins, and because there won't be enough to be "spread around" there will be quite a few communities that will be adversely impacted. That is unfortunately going to be the case. As for the miners with the ASICs, they'll be setting the pace for which coins will make it. Those with GPUs will have no choice but to follow suit onto those coins or to move on to coins that are more ASIC-resistant.

[This brings up another problem as to what is more "ASIC-resistant" as even things like scrypt-jane actually aren't all too resistant given the right type of characterization and modification. And the problem with creating new and unique algorithms is that many of them do not start out as GPU-mineable. In a sense, we're kinda stuck with "scrypt-based" mining. (Even X11 counts as scrypt-based since it's just a chain of algorithms.) Anyhow, I'll leave that problem for another post.]

That said, where does that leave NOBL? I'm curious to see Rofo's response. I know that it will have a lot of critical thought behind it like many of the things that he does.
CharityMiningPools

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 03:02:02 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2014, 12:43:15 PM by CharityMiningPools

CharityMiningPools - Donate to Charity while you Mine!

nobl.charityminingpools.com

Come mine while making a difference.

All donations raised during the month of April will go to The Water Project.

STRATUM, VARDIFF, Datacenter Redundant Server Farm, Load Balanced Servers, Frequent Backups
0.5% Mandatory Donation fee to a Good Cause, 0.5% Pool Fees, 0% AP TX Fees

Who Are We?
CharityMiningPools was created to allow miners the ability to mine coins while still knowing that their hashing power is going towards something good.  Our goal is to provide a positive and reliable service while delivering a small portion of the proceeds to a deserving recipient.  Plans are in the works to allow individual miners to choose where they would like to donate to based on a pool of available recipients.

How Does This Work?
All coins minded at CharityMiningPools will require a mandatory 0.5% Donation fee.  This donation fee will be collected and donated to the designated charitable recipient for that given month.  Though we only require a minimum 0.5% Donation fee, we welcome and encourage our miners to raise the stakes and donate more to a good cause.

Cheers!
CharityMiningPools

CharityMiningPools.com - Donate to Charity While you Mine!
BTC: 1AytEqfVYAywzM1BAKdjZWyjdiok8LgGeS     LTC: LWVPLBniwxBbEizjbe2Ab98Vubq18QGTBt
DOGE: DK4VKsA8kdVbZ2dc2CjNCsEPiPa8a2SF6B     NOTE: DrADbGTxvp4jbDFVgnwTiqk5vbAvqq2xi9
duola9527

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:15:40 AM

a loss electricity wise, meaning that a higher difficulty very often leads to a higher price. 
jamieb81

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:52:16 AM

can someone tell me what it means to have my coins orphaned, still finding my feet, thanks for the imput

hmm dont know exactly how to explain but in short it's something like someone was mining the same block as you but he was faster than you at confirming so he got them.

someone might explain much better than me  Cheesy
d2dtk

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:25:36 AM

can someone tell me what it means to have my coins orphaned, still finding my feet, thanks for the imput

hmm dont know exactly how to explain but in short it's something like someone was mining the same block as you but he was faster than you at confirming so he got them.

someone might explain much better than me  Cheesy

Best explanation that I've read so far and easy to understand!

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:45:48 AM

Please don't forget to submit to the running contests! Great prizes up for grabs..!

Meme and Slogan contest: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=504414.0
Video and Design contest: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=508340.0

No submission for paper wallet design yet.. Almost guaranteed to win 400k Noble Smiley

Second video (that was announced Wink) might be in the making.

Also, for general bounties offered by Rofo, please see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=519909 !

Entries (and bumps) are appreciated Wink

Hi guys, been a very busy week for me, so haven't been around too much.

Please remember te submit to the contests!

The meme contest is ending in 2 days, I think we have some nice submissions already, but more is always welcome Cheesy

james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 08:36:50 AM

James

Thanks Smiley

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

I wonder if this is why not many people are on it, because they can't connect?
Uponnothing

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:13:10 AM

This is fantastic. Would it be possible to show the top 50 richest wallets?

Noblecoin is not far off 10,000 wallets?

Added a link to show Top 100 addresses. There are 9211 addresses holding value at the moment.

However these aren't wallets/users, as a wallet can have many addresses, and not just primary addresses (the ones you created), but also so-called "change" addresses (created automatically).

I've got a beta feature for "guesstimating" wallets (check an address page), but it won't be able to fully identify a wallet (can't be done), however on NOBL it can say so far with confidence that 1000 of these addresses belong to the same wallet, ie. there are certainly no more than 8000 wallets, but whether there are 8000 or 80 can't be asserted from the blockchain alone Smiley

Fantastic, many thanks for this. How can you match a wallet on that list to your own? Does the list show current holdings in the wallet, or merely the total Noble that has even been sent to it?

Sorry for the questions, just trying to understand how it works. On current holdings in my Wallet I should be around 35 on that list.
murkster

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 10:23:17 AM

James

Thanks Smiley

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

I wonder if this is why not many people are on it, because they can't connect?

root@nobleminer1:~# ping nobl.charityminingpools.com
PING cf-ssl55397-protected-nobl.charityminingpools.com (162.159.248.203) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 162.159.248.203: icmp_seq=1 ttl=57 time=8.65 ms
64 bytes from 162.159.248.203: icmp_seq=2 ttl=57 time=8.72 ms

Wrong IP/Domain name.. Where did noblus.charityminingpools.com come from..??

Ignore above.. I'm connecting fine still??

Sorry to state the obvious but did you add port number for mining connection? (Ping requests are just dropped)

jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 10:28:07 AM

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/2014/3/29/noblecoin-offering-plenty-of-bounties-anyone-can-participate

Small article to promote NobleCoin & the bounties a bit Smiley
murkster

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 10:31:01 AM

Nice one thanks.. Smiley

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:31:58 AM

Great to have you covering stories on Noblecoin Smiley
vectisitch
Legendary

Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:04:48 PM

something seriously wrong with cryptotycoons pool, i had coins stuck on unconfirmed for 2 days. i sent emails and eventually they got cinfirmed. i then put in a manual withdrwal which went through buy the coins were still stuck on the pool 24 hours later.now the site won't load. anyone know anything???
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:03:49 PM

Thank you for reading.

You do have several points but you have ignored 1 fundamental economic, the law of supply and demand. It worked for Bitcoin as Bitcoin was the original coin, wider adoption rate and can be used to buy goods/services in the marketplace. With so many shitcoins, not Noble by the way, the supply of investors to soak up the demand of the shitcoins is limited at the present moment and can not satisfy the demand, thus all coins value, even the established ones like Megacoin, Franko, etc have dropped. There are many investors who are bagholders of shitcoins who are hoping the price will rise in order to get their investment back and they won't face reality, that is to cut their losses and transfer the money to good coins like Noble. The point of ASIC is that because it's cheaper to operate and has greater hashing power, it will dominate and take greater share of the coins and rising difficulty means smaller miners will leave. Bitcoin is different as those ASIC are a permanent fixture of mining Bitcoin. If more and more coins change their algorithm to anti-ASIC then the ASIC holders will get desperate to mine something to get their investment back.

Pray tell what if Litecoin were to become anti-ASIC? God forbid, Noble and others will be raped fanatically.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: