Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:38:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052989 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Regecide

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:40:11 PM

I would like to thank the sellers for allowing me to buy back half the coins I lost in coinex Cheesy

Now if only that coinex turd would get online and give me my noble back.
ZBBBB

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:04:42 PM

I would like to thank the sellers for allowing me to buy back half the coins I lost in coinex Cheesy

Agreed. I just put in a buy wall @ 22 for 22 Mill. Good luck selling through that Wink
pikuchato

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Activity: yes

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:13:54 PM

Agreed. I just put in a buy wall @ 22 for 22 Mill. Good luck selling through that Wink

I just put a mini-wall before you  Tongue

0.00000023   5176973.53534920   1.19070391
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:14:17 PM

Discussion is always good and should not be confused with attacking someone. I like that you are into that! Smiley

I also like the idea of merge mining too. It can create massive exposure to miners currently only mining LTC, never hearing of other coins except the ones on btc-e.

Downside is that current pools have nothing anymore after the merge. The hashrate would simply be too low.

It might create more individuals selling, as they got it for "free" while mining for instance LTC, but a lot will hold as well. As there are more individuals with a small amount of coins, they can do less harm to the market than few individuals holding large amounts.

i wouldn't say that the normal pools have nothing to offer... (to be honest i personally love the layout of the charityminingpool site). especially in the case of Noble, mainly the charity pools... which i do recommend by the way. also the normal pools would still have a place for new and beginner miners. just some of my thoughts.

as far as the selling... i thought that that is a good thing, creating circulation. and in total volume not large lump sums. it could do much for many coins.

a thought... if merge mining gains a stronger footing, could the normal pools begin to offer incentives? like frequent flier points?

also i'm not sure if all algos are compatible with merge mining, so there is that, and new algos are coming out every month, just most of them are not utilized ( from my understanding)
I’m glad you enjoy the back and forth discussion. I enjoy it quite a bit too!

Merged mining is tricky because it functions as a double-edged sword in a way. Merged mining brings in the all so valuable boon of network security (at least in the perspective of a single hashing algorithm) at the cost of financial dilution due to the relative lack of “competition.” The way the various markets work, it’s kinda like watching a weird combination of ForEx and Stock Market trading (although the level of financial sophistication is not quite the same). Part of me strongly believes that it’s the competition (whether or not they are in same hashing space), that drive a lot of the price at times; although I can’t prove this is the case since there aren’t too many merged mined coins. The other issue is how many chains would be reasonable to merge mine with? That inherently brings the question of which coins should get to merge mine and what the parent chain is (although, it’s likely going to be Litecoin).

That said, I still like the prospect of merged mining Noblecoin down the road, even it is means a hit due to dilution. I think the infrastructure that has already been built and continues to be built around Noblecoin will go very far in negating the effects that would likely come with merged mining.

Speaking of dilution, as noted, the spread of coins would also be diluted. This actually can act as a financial boon since it would generally cause an influx of market activity for various reasons (making gains from “free” coins being one of the primary impetuses; whether that means going long or short is another story), and the well-established infrastructure would actually help foster the market impact in the right direction. Dilution also, as noted, provides further awareness to proponents of the parent chain which can generally be looked at positively.

Regarding which algorithm to merge mine on, the idea of sticking to a chain with a lot of POW (i.e. sCrypt in this case) is usually a good idea, especially with the added security benefit of ASICs (we could get into all of the financial implications of them, but that’s a whole other can of worms). I like the idea of pool loyalty (especially when merged mining occurs), as long as the threats of 51% can be reconciled.
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:19:18 PM

I just put a mini-wall before you  Tongue

Ha, if someone sells into both walls, that'd be something. Plus you'd be getting an awesome amount of coins on the cheap. Having that many coins, just imagine how awesome that'd be in a year!
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 5030

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:19:32 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2014, 10:01:38 PM by Hueristic

No worries Hueristic*, I meant cringe in a good way (though I'm sure you understood the meaning). Smiley What we're going to do should keep everyone happy. It's just something that needs a lot of thinking, contingency planning and even acceptance that there will be room for improvement as it progresses.

We're also going to be moving the reserve coins so expect a lot to appear on the chain today. I need to move them to new addresses and post them so that the amounts match what is listed on the ledger.

Looking forward to it!

Just sent you a little something, so you're a bit more invested now Wink

Well thank you kind sir! Smiley

As a long time supporter, investor and miner of Noble I'd just like to say that the developers and community are still doing an excellent job.
Even after months of $hitcoins, pumpndump coins and 'flavour of the month' coins coming and going, Rofo and the Noble team have stayed true to the vision.  They know what is required to turn a revolutionary technology into something the world needs. Noble may just be a currency right now, but it has the potential to be an international brand (dream big)!

The current low price of Noble is unsettling. So if you are scared, now is the time to buy. No other new coin that I can find has the long term potential of Noble.

I mine Noble 24/7 and will be adding another 11 m hash Gridseed Asic to the pool soon, so for me, making Noble asic resistant is not the answer. Asics are inevitable and necessary! They run cheaply (saving massive amounts of power) and are far more efficient than GPUs will ever be.
There will be an influx of coins when the asic arms race begins, but that is only a problem if miners are stupid enough to sell for crazy cheap prices and supply exceeds demand. I mine to hold and support the infrastructure.
While I agree Noble is a great coin I'm not sure about the future of any scrypt coin when it comes to ASICs. ASICs only benefit the ASIC seller, the hardware makers in China. They presell and wont ship until its absolutely not profitable. Before that they just use it themselves to mine with it, using the hardware you PRE-PAID for. This is a known fact. Thats why all ASICs are "always LATE for shipping and months behind" because they are using the hardware and waiting for difficulty to skyrocket before they ship them to the poor buyer. Gridseed seems to be the only exception ATM.The buyer spends $4000 on a piece of hardware that just makes it harder for him and anyone else to mine. Exactly what happened to BTC. Buying a $4000 BTC miner makes you $12/day at current prices, that's BS. With the best scrypt price (LTC) at around 2% of the price of BTC how long will it take to pay for that $4000 miner? ASICs do kill mining.

GPU mining is never antiquated because its Windows based and possibilities are limitless. There will be constant new algorithms and ways to make new coins. JMHO

GPU miners are selling just as hard as asic miners. Miners are for network security and distribution (through selling) of coins. In general (there are always exceptions), miners are not "holders" of value. GPU miners are against asics because they can make less money by selling their now fewer coins.

EDIT: as reference: I do not own, nor plan to own an asic and I stopped GPU mining.

I paid 2200USD for 11,000 khashes of Gridseed equipment running for $1 per day @ 200watts, mining $30 of coins. I also have 5 x R9 280X GPUs running at 3700 khash using 1430watts and mining at around $4 LOSS per day.
The main reason I still run the GPUs is because I have a 2.6Kw PV solar system powering them. Without my solar system it would be stupid to continue GPU mining. If everyone stopped mining, the coins won't exist and the network collapses.
So to say "ASICs only benefit the ASIC seller, the hardware makers in China" is wrong. Once all the greedy GPU miners stop because they aren't getting rich, who is left to support the network? Only dedicated miners like me that embrace progress and realise you don't mine to get rich now. You mine and HOLD to get rich in years to come like with BTC.

There really isn't much of a point to argue, when we are seeing history repeating. BTC went through the exact same process and it's easily the biggest and strongest network thanks to efficient asics. GPUs just help to consume the earths resources turning electrons into heat.

New algorithms will constantly be developed to try and be one step ahead of asics (which is good for the development of cryptocurrencies), but the fact is they are just delaying the inevitable and slowing the integration of cryptocurrencies into the real world.

"how long will it take to pay for that $4000 miner?" - If I mine LTC and hold them for 5 years, chances are it took 2 days to pay off my mining hardware!

ASIC does not secure the network, It does quite the opposite.

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/03/meet-the-manic-miner-who-wants-to-mint-10-of-all-new-bitcoins/

http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/22lm0b/breaking_one_man_can_now_mine_13_of_all_dogecoins/

Now imagine if someone like warren buffet decided to step in. ASIC makes it too easy to centralize.

Emma in IRC just mentioned she had a buy sitting at 30 that didn't get filled on the ride down to 17. Anyone else have a similar experience?

My bye at 31 got filled on pol.

SWEET! Trying to BTC there now but having issues withdrawing at AGX

I just put a mini-wall before you  Tongue

!@$@$@!$#  you guys beating me to it!

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
pikuchato

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:22:54 PM

I just put a mini-wall before you  Tongue

Ha, if someone sells into both walls, that'd be something. Plus you'd be getting an awesome amount of coins on the cheap. Having that many coins, just imagine how awesome that'd be in a year!

I will try to remember to re-quote it when we hit 200-300 sat, people will try to build a time machine after they will read this  Wink
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:41:51 PM

Emma in IRC just mentioned she had a buy sitting at 30 that didn't get filled on the ride down to 17. Anyone else have a similar experience?

There are something fishy with exchanges i've used. I remember putting a buy order for a coin at a price of 11 sats and no one had any orders up, hence i was in the front of the queue. Weeks later i checked that some of my orders were matched and looked at the trade history and saw more coins matched at 11 than what i got matched. If i was in the front of the queue then my partial matched orders would match the trading history.

I got the feeling that exchange operators can jump themselves in front of the queue if they wanted to.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

james6546

Activity: 691

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:46:30 PM

Wow, some pretty big buy orders, well done guys  Smiley

If the price is still like this on Monday I'll be getting in on it.
Uponnothing

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:55:49 PM

Why is the Noble market on Poloniex frozen?

I'm tempted to buy a few million at this price, at 25 even a modest rise to 50 doubles your money...
biggernugs

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:58:17 PM

gobbling up cheap NOBL  Grin

The One
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:01:54 PM

I wouldn't be concern about the price of Noble, it has more development behind it than other shitcoins and still young. When you put money in bank, do you check everyday for interest? Please it takes years to see the value of your savings go up. Noble coin is just the same.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:02:28 PM

@%#$%@#$ finally got withdrawal but it's still pending. Sad

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
pikuchato

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:03:19 PM

I wouldn't be concern about the price of Noble, it has more development behind it than other shitcoins and still young. When you put money in bank, do you check everyday for interest? Please it takes years to see the value of your savings go up. Noble coin is just the same.

It wont take years, but +1 for your patience  Wink
WalletIsfull

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:15:27 PM

@%#$%@#$ finally got withdrawal but it's still pending. Sad

How long do you wait??
cdg1941

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:20:18 PM

Discussion is always good and should not be confused with attacking someone. I like that you are into that! Smiley

I also like the idea of merge mining too. It can create massive exposure to miners currently only mining LTC, never hearing of other coins except the ones on btc-e.

Downside is that current pools have nothing anymore after the merge. The hashrate would simply be too low.

It might create more individuals selling, as they got it for "free" while mining for instance LTC, but a lot will hold as well. As there are more individuals with a small amount of coins, they can do less harm to the market than few individuals holding large amounts.

i wouldn't say that the normal pools have nothing to offer... (to be honest i personally love the layout of the charityminingpool site). especially in the case of Noble, mainly the charity pools... which i do recommend by the way. also the normal pools would still have a place for new and beginner miners. just some of my thoughts.

as far as the selling... i thought that that is a good thing, creating circulation. and in total volume not large lump sums. it could do much for many coins.

a thought... if merge mining gains a stronger footing, could the normal pools begin to offer incentives? like frequent flier points?

also i'm not sure if all algos are compatible with merge mining, so there is that, and new algos are coming out every month, just most of them are not utilized ( from my understanding)
I’m glad you enjoy the back and forth discussion. I enjoy it quite a bit too!

Merged mining is tricky because it functions as a double-edged sword in a way. Merged mining brings in the all so valuable boon of network security (at least in the perspective of a single hashing algorithm) at the cost of financial dilution due to the relative lack of “competition.” The way the various markets work, it’s kinda like watching a weird combination of ForEx and Stock Market trading (although the level of financial sophistication is not quite the same). Part of me strongly believes that it’s the competition (whether or not they are in same hashing space), that drive a lot of the price at times; although I can’t prove this is the case since there aren’t too many merged mined coins. The other issue is how many chains would be reasonable to merge mine with? That inherently brings the question of which coins should get to merge mine and what the parent chain is (although, it’s likely going to be Litecoin).

That said, I still like the prospect of merged mining Noblecoin down the road, even it is means a hit due to dilution. I think the infrastructure that has already been built and continues to be built around Noblecoin will go very far in negating the effects that would likely come with merged mining.

Speaking of dilution, as noted, the spread of coins would also be diluted. This actually can act as a financial boon since it would generally cause an influx of market activity for various reasons (making gains from “free” coins being one of the primary impetuses; whether that means going long or short is another story), and the well-established infrastructure would actually help foster the market impact in the right direction. Dilution also, as noted, provides further awareness to proponents of the parent chain which can generally be looked at positively.

Regarding which algorithm to merge mine on, the idea of sticking to a chain with a lot of POW (i.e. sCrypt in this case) is usually a good idea, especially with the added security benefit of ASICs (we could get into all of the financial implications of them, but that’s a whole other can of worms). I like the idea of pool loyalty (especially when merged mining occurs), as long as the threats of 51% can be reconciled.

from what i've seen a "parent" chain can be what ever the pool operator decides on, also i have seen one site that you can chose from 5 different "primary" coins, the down side to that site is they all have the same secondary coins ( which kinda makes me wonder about the intentions of the pool operator, since some of the coins arn't even on an exchange yet, or they have been taken down).

what i was referring to, as far as merge mining is concerned, was a pool that used Noble as a primary and a series of other coins to be mined along side as secondaries. this would allow the community at large to not only mine Noble, but also mine other coins ( in my case) to be able to build up a reservoir of capital. so that way we, as a community or individually, can then generate buy support in the interest of stabilizing the marketplace and retaining and gaining value.

with the increase in value within the crypto economy, it would then become easier to maintain commerce since more people will be less inclined to "JUST HOLD", thereby generating additional circulation and gaining a broader utilization of the currency.

as far a asics go, i've been looking at a few and i've been seeing a drastic drop in price, almost to the point of universal affordability. that being said if we were to go into merge mining, it might be prudent to impose hashrate limits. say a cap of 60mhs for example. so as to not give the big guys such a huge advantage over the people just coming into crypto, that said i must acknowlege that the vast majority of the people involved in crypto are not miners, most seem to be investors and speculators playing it like a stockmarket.

as long as there are caps on total hashrate per account, that should help to even the playing field, since the price of asics are coming down to below that of a good GPU.

NOBLECOIN                 NobleCoin Marketplace Beta NOW LIVE!    

noblecoin: 9jgw7GbHzLQ2pRjpu7yWbP8VrShSxvG89F
cdg1941

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:47:06 PM

does anyone have any idea as to what is causing all of the orphan blocks, i just checked poolerino and charityminingpools and ther seems to be a fairly large amount of orphans, especially at poolerino.

NOBLECOIN                 NobleCoin Marketplace Beta NOW LIVE!    

noblecoin: 9jgw7GbHzLQ2pRjpu7yWbP8VrShSxvG89F
bonesoul

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 10:58:01 PM

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:00:47 PM

does anyone have any idea as to what is causing all of the orphan blocks, i just checked poolerino and charityminingpools and ther seems to be a fairly large amount of orphans, especially at poolerino.

I blame Asic's. Cheesy

Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 11:02:40 PM

We're very much alive. I'm not going to touch the reserves until this is resolved.

Pages: « 1 ... 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: