Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:32:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 [372] 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052966 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cdg1941

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:04:13 PM

jdebunt said it

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/heres-why-noblecoin-is-one-of-the-best-all-round-altcoins-out-there-it-has-actual-value-and-use#

we will keep working and striving

NOBLECOIN                 NobleCoin Marketplace Beta NOW LIVE!    

noblecoin: 9jgw7GbHzLQ2pRjpu7yWbP8VrShSxvG89F
Coinler

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:04:55 PM

noble if you're having an asic problem.. the easiest way to combat this is to change the algorithm.. perhaps to the grostl algorithm. i think now all of us realize that asics dont pump the price.. investors do. and the less coins they have to face on the market each day the easier it is to pump the price. but with growing asic power i can tell u.. asics are not interested in anything else atm but dumping to regain their investment in said asic.

i have supported noble from the very beginning in the sidelines. and still support it as i can. anything i recommend is for what i believe, the best for the coin.

noble should consider adding pos, oir some form of anonimity code no matter how meagre... or both. these are features that are in demand and proven with small pos interests like 1-3% generate a larger interest in holding the coins from both a miner and investor/trader perspective.

i see no problem with changing algorithms as we move along to asic resistant ones.. each time the asics follow us.. we can implement the latest algorithm to which they cant yet use.. but they will always eventually catchup and be able to use that algorithm. crypto just like all other technology must travel with the wind. and not resist it's change or advancement.
JasonSW

Activity: 186

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:05:31 PM

Stop fantasizing and complaining about ooh the bad mojo, do something for real.
Cheap talk won't fix it. This coin is dead for now. You failed at each and every challenge.

How about some market making activity, theres nothing bad about it.
And the market doesn't care wether you like it and if it fits your narrow moral understanding of how things should be.

You were trying to sell camel shit on a camel market.
You've been fighting windmills, and you lost. You've ended up being a waste of energy for me and a lot of other people.
Just another bunch of crazy, delusional losers who collected time and money from their deplorable followers.

Brave! Dozen of people (looks like from one person) will bury what's being said "hard" words here.  Wink
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4923

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:12:34 PM

Why would people attack this coin?

Do they target all scrypt coins and try to make double spend attacks?

Or is it noble that get a special treatment for some reason?

I think we have some enemies, probably the same people who are involved in the scam coins and see us as a threat.

My opinion is that we should stay with scrypt, inevitably this will happen with any algo. The only way to not have this happen is to constantly switch algos, which is a crap idea.

I think there will only be a temporary spare of attacks, then the "good side" will catch up in terms of hash power.

Please explain why that is a crap idea? Without it the fork comes anyway unless you have not noticed. at least with changing with the times we control how the fork is handled.

Well the way I see it (and I am aware that I am not that experienced), if you fork to a certain flavour, and then an ASIC is developed for that, you would have to then fork again to avoid ASICs.

Correct.

To me this shows weakness and that the coin is scared and running from change rather than embracing it. It also shows that the devs are a little too trigger happy to fork the coin and that it could potentially mean that they unknowingly fork to an untested method and ruin everything.

Does it show weakness to step out of the way of a car when walking down the sidewalk? There is a thing called testnet so untested methods do not get pushed.

ASICs are inevitable and I think that us weathering the storm and fighting back, rather than running would be the sensible and strong thing to do.

This shows that you are not grasping my argument. OK Yes they are inevitable as long as they are profitable but If a coin proves it will move to an un asic mineable algo when one is created for it then those companies that create asic's will not create one for that algo as it will not be profitable. But for this to happen a coin must make that pledge and stick to it. It will happen, It is a question of when and what coin will do this. Noble should lead the way as it is doing is so many other ways.

hhhaaayyy... Poolerino and Coinmine are both still down... ah, had just directed my GPUs to mine Bitcoin head-on... hope tomorrow, everything will be normal then we can mine NOBL again... i'm just doin' a positive thinking...

Smiley

W0w good luck on that! I would love to hear tomorrow you hit the Jackpot!

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
flipme

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:13:58 PM

noble if you're having an asic problem.. the easiest way to combat this is to change the algorithm.. perhaps to the grostl algorithm. i think now all of us realize that asics dont pump the price.. investors do. and the less coins they have to face on the market each day the easier it is to pump the price. but with growing asic power i can tell u.. asics are not interested in anything else atm but dumping to regain their investment in said asic.

i have supported noble from the very beginning in the sidelines. and still support it as i can. anything i recommend is for what i believe, the best for the coin.

noble should consider adding pos, oir some form of anonimity code no matter how meagre... or both. these are features that are in demand and proven with small pos interests like 1-3% generate a larger interest in holding the coins from both a miner and investor/trader perspective.

i see no problem with changing algorithms as we move along to asic resistant ones.. each time the asics follow us.. we can implement the latest algorithm to which they cant yet use.. but they will always eventually catchup and be able to use that algorithm. crypto just like all other technology must travel with the wind. and not resist it's change or advancement.

Yeah, rah rah rah, bla bla bla, Noble could, Noble should, Noble would.
What happens? Nothing.....

ASICS? Who in the world needs ASICS to challenge this piece of shit?
Every other hobby miner could fork you any day twice now.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Coinler

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:19:33 PM

u can see them coming out of the woodwork now with the change of algorithm challenge now noble. now you know what they dont want you to do. consider it seriously. Rofo start working on some form of anonimity, that you can call your own tech.. even if it takes ideas from other coins. let's seriously look at always changing our algorithms to antiasic. when noble is at 1000 satoshi.. those asics will cry that they sold at 20.

we can do this. i believe in noble dev! we're not going to run.. we're going to keep the class..

dear asics.. you guys should try to keep up with technology not fight it.. new algorithms are cool.
james6546

Activity: 691

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:20:50 PM

True that.

Also whoever posted that comment in the article was spot on.
JasonSW

Activity: 186

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:35:16 PM

Can't agree more. Hard fork may or may not happen, sooner or later, be prepared for this, nothing to do with ASIC. Bitcoin is still around not because it's been keeping changing algo.
flipme

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:51:20 PM

Sure, was it you writing that piece for the underprivileged?
Couldn't get much cheaper.

But I'm stopping now, its pretty pointless beating on a dead horse.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:52:11 PM

Clearly you are overwhelmingly enamored with NOBL becoming successful aren't you? Rofo has stated his intent with NOBL in regards to other algorithms.

Frankly at this point it’s a matter of deciding which is the greater of two evils: doing a short-term change that’ll likely lead to a bunch of necessary forks as time goes on or attempting to stick it out with the craziness that currently pollutes scrypt coins. Each has their own pros and cons.

I do agree that there are some who can easily 51% NOBL at the moment, but they aren't gonna be “hobbyists” as you state so blasé.
voephilis

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:58:23 PM

we are on the winners and losers list on CryptoCoinsNews Smiley

(shouldn`t be any advertising for the page - just good news)
Coinler

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:58:48 PM

Can't agree more. Hard fork may or may not happen, sooner or later, be prepared for this, nothing to do with ASIC. Bitcoin is still around not because it's been keeping changing algo.

yes but bitcoin got sorely unprofitable to mine or gain a return on investment. much like noble.. also.. bitcoin grew it's foundation on gpus and cpus.. noble has been out for only months and already asics are hitting it. so no.. it's not the same playing field. altcoin markets have more to offer, newer technologies which help to further cause of crypto itself... distribution and decentralization.

u simply cannot compare bitcoin to noble and say.. let's follow in the shadow of bitcoin.
kresu

Activity: 326

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:05:31 PM

From all the puzzles that i collected, i think that someone has something personal to Rofo, maybe after reading the PDF's and Rofo's strong points there.
So that person(s) wants to prove that Rofo's coin fails (and in that way prove that his opinions are also wrong).

Which, as we all know, is very childish.

So, as they form maybe a group with LOT of btc (look at extraction. also consider that only the last attack should have costed easily more than 12-15 btc, depends if the rigs were rented), now they can do all kinds of dirty tricks (dbl spending, fud on this thread, ddosing the pools (?), renting high hashrates from time to time for another fork etc.) just to prove some point and without any obvoius reason.

At least to me.

And the funny part is, that you cannot even prove who is "they", because they never stand clearly in the front row, telling: "My name is... AND I want from your coin this and that." No. Always messing things up from the background, speading fud and dezinformation, playing those little kid's games. ...
Something like 4chan but worse.
Coinler

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:22:05 PM

From all the puzzles that i collected, i think that someone has something personal to Rofo, maybe after reading the PDF's and Rofo's strong points there.
So that person(s) wants to prove that Rofo's coin fails (and in that way prove that his opinions are also wrong).

So, as they form maybe a group with LOT of btc (look at extraction. also consider that only the last attack should have costed easily more than 12-15 btc, depends if the rigs were rented), now they can do all kinds of dirty tricks (dbl spending, fud on this thread, ddosing the pools (?), renting high hashrates from time to time for another fork etc.) just to prove some point and without any obvoius reason.

At least to me.

And the funny part is, that you cannot even prove who is "they", because they never stand clearly in the front row, telling: "My name is... AND I want from your coin this and that." No. Always messing things up from the background, speading fud and dezinformation, playing those little kid's games. ...

indeed there really is no point to harming a coin like this that aims to help so many people. it would take a rather decrepid sort of individual or group. there is no scam here and noble team are from what i gather very respectable people.

i will remain in the thread to counter fud with intelligent justification. for those who left their morality caps at home.. that's all on you.
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:23:22 PM

At least to me.

I definitely see glimmers of that on a more and more regular basis with NOBL.

To me, it looked like within the last two months the effort has been centered around one of two things:

1) Pump the price and then crash it back down so that people will avoid this coin (along with the according "sky is falling" posters in this thread).
2) Attack the coin directly (using various types of concerted efforts) to maintain consistent downward pressure on NOBL (along with the according "this coin is crap" posters in this thread).

When I take a look at a bunch of these posters that fall into one of these two categories, they only post on this thread a few times but their post history usually shows hints of an allegiance to another coin that has had a community subset that has attacked NOBL in some fashion.
kresu

Activity: 326

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:26:05 PM

So, i forgot to add, i choose the Rofo's mature vision over those kids' plays, even if those kids have lots of monies.
Rofo and community want to build, create something substantial. I do.
Kids prefer to destroy. But this is the nature of kids...

In case of grownups it's called frustration, i think.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4923

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:54:53 PM

At least to me.

indeed there really is no point to harming a coin like this that aims to help so many people. it would take a rather decrepid sort of individual or group. there is no scam here and noble team are from what i gather very respectable people.

i will remain in the thread to counter fud with intelligent justification. for those who left their morality caps at home.. that's all on you.

QFT

At least to me.

QFT

At least to me.

I definitely see glimmers of that on a more and more regular basis with NOBL.

To me, it looked like within the last two months the effort has been centered around one of two things:

1) Pump the price and then crash it back down so that people will avoid this coin (along with the according "sky is falling" posters in this thread).
2) Attack the coin directly (using various types of concerted efforts) to maintain consistent downward pressure on NOBL (along with the according "this coin is crap" posters in this thread).

When I take a look at a bunch of these posters that fall into one of these two categories, they only post on this thread a few times but their post history usually shows hints of an allegiance to another coin that has had a community subset that has attacked NOBL in some fashion.

QFT

It is a long hard road but what worthwhile cause is not?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
james6546

Activity: 691

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:59:06 PM

The way I see it, the Noble team has produced as much if not more than other coins, but the reason that it has failed to be recognised is that the price never reflects the news so there is no media coverage that is linked with the big price rise.

It has to be intentional that someone is trying to keep the price down, and it is a shame. As is all the FUD that is being spread at the moment.

Fortunately the core supporters of Noble can see past the price into the future and can see how great this coin is going to be. Essentially they rock!

I personally think we need to make a big deal out of the block halving (I know it is a long way away yet) and try to get the news out there.
pikuchato

Activity: 728

Activity: yes

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 08:04:29 PM

So, as they form maybe a group with LOT of btc (look at extraction. also consider that only the last attack should have costed easily more than 12-15 btc [...]

This exactly what I think,
The first attack was profitable because mintpal had 3-6 confirmations for nobl deposits so they could double spend or whatever they do with 51%,

After mintpal raised it to 999 conformations attacks become useless (not profitable) and that is why I must assume it is something personal against ROFO/NOBL.

cdg1941

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 08:39:45 PM

if i may paraphrase Winston Churchhill,

We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in pools, we shall fight on the threads and forums, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the net, we shall defend our island of HONOR, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the exchanges, we shall fight in the market places, we shall fight in facebook and in twitter, we shall fight in social media; we shall never surrender!!!

NOBLECOIN                 NobleCoin Marketplace Beta NOW LIVE!    

noblecoin: 9jgw7GbHzLQ2pRjpu7yWbP8VrShSxvG89F
Pages: « 1 ... 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 [372] 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: