Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:04:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ####[ANN][SCRYPT][0% PREMINE]CCOIN LAUNCHED!!! EARN SOME CCOINS NOW!####  (Read 33855 times)
WASPJoe

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:42:45 PM

Nice and easy does it, but I think this coin needs a boost.  I agree that a slow buildup is positive if you want the coin to last, but it would be a shame if it would die.
Hashrate is  going down, which is good for miners, but I hope its not caused by loss of interest.  I am a small miner, been on this for about a week now and have a little over 200k,
but Ive seen miners taking in millions per day.  Not sure if that discourages smaller miners or not.  Maybe it would be good to try to push for an exchange? https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/

I don't think its a lack of interest, i actually think it's more of the coming btc diff rise that's causing a bit of a decrease in hashrate. I think people are trying to hash a few more mbtc before the diff rise and give up on GPU mining BTC completely.

I think that it might seem a bit discouraging for a small miner not to get millions, but you have as much if not more ccoin than I do. As i said before I want people to not think i'm premining, or doing it to get rich. I'm doing it to spur some unique developments that I want to do. Hopefully next week I can get more things done on the code. I'm going back and forth about doing a hardfork to add tx messaging right now or if i want to wait for when i have a few more things finished in the code.

I do feel like it should eventually reach an exchange, and sooner rather than later. I am not overly worried though as not having a coin on an exchange form the start (imo at least) gives it a bit more legitimacy as not a p&d scheme

I've been talking to one of my other fellow miners about using this coin for education and showing people step by step how a coin is created, why you should investigate code, how to and not to do things, and my experiences with diff filters. Also, AFAIK CCoin was the first "Alt" scrypt coin to have a scrypt asic mining on it. So that should make history.

I personally do like slow build up soft start coins .. good small coins will get an exchange just like propsercoin did hang in there very similar coin just prosper is 21 million and ccoin is larger volume but i am sure this coin will get an exchange soon. This is so much better than reddcoin and its so called ipco hmmm
Thank you for your support. I am looking long term as are the other miners of the coin. We're a small bunch of people but we like to see it as a way to enjoy mining and it's fun to help new users get set up and see them get a few hundred cc with their cpu Cheesy .

Beastly and I decided on this number for a few reasons, partially for the fun factor of being a billion zillion coin and partially because it would give users the chance to get an entire coin. I also decided against decreasing block rewards because heck its going to take a long time to mine all of these anyway.

As I said I appreciate your guys support and hope that it continues.

I want to note to people that I also made a conscious choice not to run a pool for CCoin because i did not want a conflict of interest both with my current alt-coin pool nor any chance of a conflict of interest if there would be a majority of miners on my pool. But there is also no need because mineabit and squiggie do a good job.

mineabit's pool op and I were talking this morning and i believe he is moving out of his previous datacentre and moving over to a new centre that should do a lot better for his pool. That is exciting news for me to hear!

Please keep in touch and keep this thread active. My apologies for the delayed response. I am pretty busy between finishing up the WPC pool with the Wasp group and getting ready for a consulting gig and family visit this weekend and early next week. (No worries, I've got gogoflight wifi both ways so I will be around and SSH tunneling is always great on those services).

Another note: I can write a faucet if someone is willing to fund it and host it, i've got a fork of greedi's old faucet that has some added security to keep people from hitting it hard over and over (email verification etc).

Anyway, time for me to get going for now. It's a pleasure as always to get to talk to my fellow cryptocoin enthusiasts. I *MIGHT* be going to the canadian BTC conference depending on dates and if i can get a passport. If i do go, I will give you guys a heads up.

Developer CCoin ccoin.info / Proof-of-Pizza | Help me dig out of school debt 14VcK4aTHDcu9NEwrD4FhxfwVsFoKP5ic7
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tron666

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:23:47 PM

I'm going back and forth about doing a hardfork to add tx messaging right now or if i want to wait for when i have a few more things finished in the code.

A few coins have messaging, do you know how that has worked out?

I am not overly worried though as not having a coin on an exchange form the start (imo at least) gives it a bit more legitimacy as not a p&d scheme

I agree, there are so many coins coming out every day and too much p&d hype.  We want this to last even if it is "worthless" for a while.

AFAIK CCoin was the first "Alt" scrypt coin to have a scrypt asic mining on it. So that should make history.

did not know that, guess that had to come sooner or later.

I can write a faucet if someone is willing to fund it and host it, i've got a fork of greedi's old faucet that has some added security to keep people from hitting it hard over and over (email verification etc).

Thats great!  I think a well organized faucet is a great way to get the coin some attention and get people to try it.  Before we have to make sure the wallets are all working without any problems.  I could donate some coins and Im sure others are willing to, esp the fat wallets Smiley

CCO   MNVPaetsHpxr97mRDqqPuV6PQoSVbFgPVE    NEM-test  TBZXHE-TD6AO6-PHSFZL-SZ7MWS-JEEI7C-EFCUC2-7Y7V
LTC    LcAQUMNhqDYesRRYMxMAsE5rhAAseDMDp7
XPM   AHDtLd993oYke4Zrm5dDG5WGtgyaUaMTCK
NXT   16706883867271464458
DOGE DBGiKBD1HZ8yfTdTcX5m8T7mY4X4cUVnEz
WASPJoe

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:34:57 AM

I'm going back and forth about doing a hardfork to add tx messaging right now or if i want to wait for when i have a few more things finished in the code.

A few coins have messaging, do you know how that has worked out?

I'm trying to find a case study or whitepaper on it but haven't found anything im really interested in...

I do know it requires modified pool code and miners. i believe they are already out there but i am just wondering if ti will be an increased barrier to entry. I do want to add it at some point though so it will happen but might just need to contact those coins devs and see what's up

I am not overly worried though as not having a coin on an exchange form the start (imo at least) gives it a bit more legitimacy as not a p&d scheme

I agree, there are so many coins coming out every day and too much p&d hype.  We want this to last even if it is "worthless" for a while.

Agreed, it's sad to say but at least it shows people we are not in it for a get rich quick scheme

AFAIK CCoin was the first "Alt" scrypt coin to have a scrypt asic mining on it. So that should make history.

did not know that, guess that had to come sooner or later.

We all knew they were coming. To think that scrypt is asic resistant is like saying that drinking a coca-cola will not re-hydrate you. It's just a misconception many have had for a while. But currently asic chips are uber expensive for scrypt mining though.

I just think GPU mining is really bad for the environment. I really would like to see curecoin actually get finished, or better yet, find some devs who are willing to work on this with me (I'm a Registered Nurse so I'm all for development of ways to make mining a scientific procedure)

I can write a faucet if someone is willing to fund it and host it, i've got a fork of greedi's old faucet that has some added security to keep people from hitting it hard over and over (email verification etc).

Thats great!  I think a well organized faucet is a great way to get the coin some attention and get people to try it.  Before we have to make sure the wallets are all working without any problems.  I could donate some coins and Im sure others are willing to, esp the fat wallets Smiley

Yeah, the bounty still stands for someone to put up an OS non virus ridden/keylogger/death free VM for gitian builds. The bounty is currently a total of 50K cc. I'm even willing to throw some of my other coins on it too as i want the community to be able to easily crosscompile their own windows clients. There should not be a hard entry to gitian builds.

I want to see the ccoin community work on sponsoring bounties to get these kind of things out there. Make it easier for people to get in to cryptos even if its bitcoin/litecoin/etc over ccoin. It just makes sense for us to work as a group of developers across chains to get things going. and make it possible for some mid-level experienced developers at least cross compile the qt clients.

thinks again for the great discussion. Hope to keep talking to you

Developer CCoin ccoin.info / Proof-of-Pizza | Help me dig out of school debt 14VcK4aTHDcu9NEwrD4FhxfwVsFoKP5ic7
tron666

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:54:54 PM

I really would like to see curecoin actually get finished

What a great idea?  I think its totally awsome.  With the right ideas there is so much good work that can be done with crypto.  I had no idea about this development.

CCO   MNVPaetsHpxr97mRDqqPuV6PQoSVbFgPVE    NEM-test  TBZXHE-TD6AO6-PHSFZL-SZ7MWS-JEEI7C-EFCUC2-7Y7V
squiggie

Activity: 147

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 03:08:08 PM

Yeah, the bounty still stands for someone to put up an OS non virus ridden/keylogger/death free VM for gitian builds. The bounty is currently a total of 50K cc. I'm even willing to throw some of my other coins on it too as i want the community to be able to easily crosscompile their own windows clients. There should not be a hard entry to gitian builds.

I want to see the ccoin community work on sponsoring bounties to get these kind of things out there. Make it easier for people to get in to cryptos even if its bitcoin/litecoin/etc over ccoin. It just makes sense for us to work as a group of developers across chains to get things going. and make it possible for some mid-level experienced developers at least cross compile the qt clients.

I'm going to try and work on a gitian build env for you. Up until today, I knew nothing abou Gitian  Cool

So it might take me some time, and I don't really need the bounty, so feel free to stash it and use it for another giveaway. I'll report back if I can get it working.

tron666

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:03:49 AM

Its been a couple of days since someone posted here.  Maybe its all the maxcoin craze Smiley.
I hope you guys are still going strong.

happy mining!

solvent

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:24:37 AM

Congrats to a working source code.
compiled without error, both qt-wallet and daemon.

For comparison, maxcoin daemon doesn't compile yet after 24 hours+, and the qt-wallet took me 3hrs to debug. FUCK MAX. Hail YOU!
squiggie

Activity: 147

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 02:52:12 PM

For comparison, maxcoin daemon doesn't compile yet after 24 hours+, and the qt-wallet took me 3hrs to debug. FUCK MAX. Hail YOU!

There is a stark contrast between the rushed scam coin, copy code devs that are just trying to make a quick buck and real devs with experience. This coin is sticking around for the long term.

tron666

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:38:42 PM

How are any of these altcoins supposed to survive?  Its all p&d now.  You see on the same day:launch, pool, exchange and crash.  This game is only for people that are in IT or tech savy and obviously dont have a "normal" job.  No one else is getting in on this, and that spells eventual death too me.  Im new to this stuff and just realizing how insane this game is.  And it seems nobody is supporting any or really few of the altcoins long  term, cos its much "better" to just launch a new one every time and p&d it.  Now btc is under siege.  It seems like this is an almost guaranteed self destruct buisness.

Im still small time mining ccoin on pure faith, cos it seems to have skipped the radar of the locust players.  But why has it not been devoured by the crazy mob?  It seems to have been a totally fair launch and still very mineable for someone low profile and the biggest complaints you see on newly launched altcoins is "scam, unfair launch, premine" etc.

Dont misunderstand me, I love that ccoin is not being raped by the altcoin "monsters".

just a thought.

Dallas5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 08:37:37 PM

Community Ran

Only stays alive if you make it survive!

So you have no team behind this? How much time do you, the dev, have to invest and promote this coin?

J4bberwock

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:35:37 PM

Community Ran

So you have no team behind this? How much time do you, the dev, have to invest and promote this coin?

There are devs, plus people like me supporting it.
I mined "too much" of it so I temporarily removed my hashing for now to let others get some too.

I'm also offering CCO for the actual bounties.

I can even arrange a pizza delivery if you pay with cco.
Sushi could be possible on request.

This slow start is nice because everyone can grab some.

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
Btc: 1J4bberWs6f6XVQ53gn3BNc8qHAicmm7wu
Ltc: LNDmMBtzD3cduwjfxANm2wDrxt9jXRk5ZP
Dallas5

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 10:38:37 PM

Community Ran

I mined "too much" of it so I temporarily removed my hashing for now to let others get some too.

Cool, I'm in. Do you deliver Pizza's in Europe Smiley

J4bberwock

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:44:56 PM

Community Ran

France will obviously be easier for me, but if you have a place where I can pay online by creditcard, it can be done worldwide.

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
Btc: 1J4bberWs6f6XVQ53gn3BNc8qHAicmm7wu
Ltc: LNDmMBtzD3cduwjfxANm2wDrxt9jXRk5ZP
WASPJoe

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:10:06 PM

I really would like to see curecoin actually get finished

What a great idea?  I think its totally awsome.  With the right ideas there is so much good work that can be done with crypto.  I had no idea about this development.
agreed, im a bit worried because they are doing premine though. but i think there's potential in a coin like that as a complement to other coins for those who do not see the point in hashing without a cause

I'm going to try and work on a gitian build env for you. Up until today, I knew nothing abou Gitian  Cool

So it might take me some time, and I don't really need the bounty, so feel free to stash it and use it for another giveaway. I'll report back if I can get it working.
Thanks, let me know how it goes! it's great to see such support from you over the last while. It's much appreciated.

Its been a couple of days since someone posted here.  Maybe its all the maxcoin craze Smiley.
I hope you guys are still going strong.

happy mining!
'
I was on a consulting gig and vacation and forgot to post before I left, and I'm too paranoid to log in via a network that is not my own. Sorry about that!

Thanks, some people will say that we did not have a "fair" launch because we did not have the QT binary for windows at the launch, but I also want to point out that we are still at a low enough diff that even cpu miners could get some coins at this point. I'm hoping we can spur the altcoin community to actually assist bitcoiners with development tools such as a VM with gitian builds ready to go.

There is a stark contrast between the rushed scam coin, copy code devs that are just trying to make a quick buck and real devs with experience. This coin is sticking around for the long term.

+1
Cheesy

Community Ran

Nope, I'm a dev. So is beastlymac. My repo is always up to date and i try to add checkpoints regularly... In fact i should do that now.

I have been working on transaction messaging as well as looking at the possibility of adding the getauxwork getauxpow calls ect so we can be a parent chain for any merged mined scrypt coins. So i hope that gives you some insight in to what we are doing here. We are community driven which means it's people like you and I that keep this coin coing. Sure I'm a dev, but I'm a community member first. I feel that differentiating between a developer and a community member just puts unneeded space between us. It also causes devs to get their heads too big and i would like to avoid that (I'm a down to earth kind of guy, or at least try to be).

Community Ran

France will obviously be easier for me, but if you have a place where I can pay online by creditcard, it can be done worldwide.
Awesome to see that jabber is able to help out while I'm not available. This is a perfect example of being "community driven".

Thanks everyone for the support.

I want to give a small update, it appears that an exchange (I have never heard of them so use extreme caution till I get the chance to gain a rapport with the admin) will be adding CCoin for trading (https://swisscex.uservoice.com/forums/238010-general/suggestions/5492167-ccoin-). I'm glad that we are able to finally get an exchange going. It is nice to know that we are not a pump and dump and that we actually had to work towards this. So thanks to the community members that found out about this and made it happen.

Swisscex: could an admin contact me so we can talk, i want to make sure that everything goes smoothly and I want to make certain you are using my sourcecode as it is the most up to date.

tron666

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:58:30 PM

Good to have you with us again WASP!  Grin  Im always interested in reading your posts.  Exchange news is good, I hope it doesnt attract too much the crazy locust miners the systematically devour and destroy the smaller promising coins.

Dallas5

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 07:09:39 PM

Swisscex.com is a really nice good working exchange I've been using it for a while now.

For all you redditors outthere!

I've created a subreddit, join to be notified about CCoin related stories and news.

reddit.com/r/ccoin

Will soon announce a give away on reddit, so stay tuned!

(donations for the giveaway are welcome, see my sig)

tron666

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:09:10 PM

Swisscex.com is a really nice good working exchange I've been using it for a while now.

For all you redditors outthere!

I've created a subreddit, join to be notified about CCoin related stories and news.

reddit.com/r/ccoin

Will soon announce a give away on reddit, so stay tuned!

(donations for the giveaway are welcome, see my sig)

I have joined.  For some reason it didnt accept tron666 so Im registered as Tron-666.  Its a really strange
coincidence if tron666 is taken.  Keep up the good work Smiley

Dallas5

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 10:56:43 AM

The pools are currently having a problem, at http://cco.pool.mineabit.com
"Unable to connect to wallet RPC service: Unable to connect: "

Raghiot

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:06:32 PM

Any news?

MINT = MkcZw2Shxb81yQQnxL6r6vCrm7GsaBxgnu
tron666

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 02:56:18 PM

The pools are currently having a problem, at http://cco.pool.mineabit.com
"Unable to connect to wallet RPC service: Unable to connect: "

looks like squiggie is working.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: