Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:42:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 [347] 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232466 times)
turtoro

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:04:34 PM

turtoro,

my apologies. English is not my 1st language. Sometimes I can be misinterpreted.

I' try again:

I believe that everything that is good for vtc should be done. We, the community, could drive things up. In my opinion, it doesn't matter that much if this convention its the major one, or not (to be honest I didnt knew there was a cryptocoin convention in first place).

You're pointing the right questions, and maybe I replied you thinking you were some kind of troll, raging against everyone/everything, so again, my apologies for that.

mega

all good mega.

Disclaimer: I have donated already to the campaign, and all other ones. Just looking for further clarification that the money is being put in the right place before tossing more in.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
maxvolts

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:38:40 PM

Could we have some details from the devs regarding their plan of action and specific goals with this convention. It hasn't been addressed.

Indeed. Maybe its because its kind of obvious Tongue
being present at such convention is a big thing for a coin and we cant wait to dev's to all the funding. A coin succeed by his community, not just they dev.s Just my opinion, tho.

Edit: Of course this is not the kind of thing that DnP's appreciate Tongue

sigh.

That was an unusually snide response mega.

This conference doesnt seem to be a particularly premier one, my question is why focus on this one. Also the fees associated with it  are higher than most. The quality of speakers is a mix bag, with some notable ones, but also questionable ones (titiecoin). So is the aim that the dev team just gets some convention experience (fine), network (fine), or something else. I would like to know how this fits into the general strategy which is reasonable to know in situations like this, whether is a donation to a charity, church, or the girl scouts.

Also, there has been a lot of crowd founding in recent weeks which is great. But its getting to the point where things are getting spread thin among a number of products. Jballs and the media release was funded and we havent received an update, and the animation, water well stuff on reddit etc.

Throwing silly money at everything is not a solution, it has to be done efficiently.

So again, whats the general plan boris and crew? (I know you have a media strategy coming out soon so I can wait for details until then)

Tldr; why are we focusing on this conference and not at some of the more notable ones

Totally agree mate, it feels like things are all over the place without any clear direction? I guess peeps are finding there feet and all that, and I understand that the devs are extremely busy though. Just think things need 'tightning up' for want of a better word! Not knocking anyone here by the way, as a whole the launch and subsequent events have been fantastic!

M-S-K

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:36:28 PM

Could we have some details from the devs regarding their plan of action and specific goals with this convention. It hasn't been addressed.

Indeed. Maybe its because its kind of obvious Tongue
being present at such convention is a big thing for a coin and we cant wait to dev's to all the funding. A coin succeed by his community, not just they dev.s Just my opinion, tho.

Edit: Of course this is not the kind of thing that DnP's appreciate Tongue

sigh.

That was an unusually snide response mega.

This conference doesnt seem to be a particularly premier one, my question is why focus on this one. Also the fees associated with it  are higher than most. The quality of speakers is a mix bag, with some notable ones, but also questionable ones (titiecoin). So is the aim that the dev team just gets some convention experience (fine), network (fine), or something else. I would like to know how this fits into the general strategy which is reasonable to know in situations like this, whether is a donation to a charity, church, or the girl scouts.

Also, there has been a lot of crowd founding in recent weeks which is great. But its getting to the point where things are getting spread thin among a number of products. Jballs and the media release was funded and we havent received an update, and the animation, water well stuff on reddit etc.

Throwing silly money at everything is not a solution, it has to be done efficiently.

So again, whats the general plan boris and crew? (I know you have a media strategy coming out soon so I can wait for details until then)

Tldr; why are we focusing on this conference and not at some of the more notable ones

Definitely with you on this. Getting the feeling that too many projects going on at once and we are starting to spread thin. I am on hunt for Jballs and have not heard from him anywhere. Guy made a lot of noise and ran off. He has not responded to my PM. First he was writing press releases then started working on a localvertcoin site...Zero focus, like some ADHD kid all over the place.
I think it would be good to hear a really solid plan from the crew sometime this weekend and we start all working efficiently to achieve calculated steps to success.
xorion

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:12:04 AM

how do u choose which pools to mine from? http://vertcoin.com or http://scanner.etyd.org

also how do i get it auto-sold to cryptsy?

tyyy!
BorisTheSpider

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:27:22 AM

It's entirely reasonably to want to know where your money is going. We actually think this looks like a really notable conference and will grow in future - unlike some of the Bitcoin-centric conferences, this one seems more interested in innovation and fresh ideas. I hesitate to give it any kind of endorsement (because, until it's happened, I can't really say much more than you) but it seems, at this stage, like it's going to be a good one.

Jballs I can't speak for - I haven't seem him either, I hope he's OK, and that he comes back. The press release that was funded via vertcoinmarket.com has been upgraded - casp3r traded the VTC for BTC and sent it to me. I want it to go out via the best channels possible, so we're going to pay for release through a higher-premium service to get it out there. We didn't want to come back and ask for more VTC again, so me and another guy on the dev team (one of our PR experts) are paying the difference ourselves. I expect the press release will come out next week, but it might be the following week - the reason for the delay is entirely my fault, everything was in place but I've been to busy with other things the past couple of days to do my part, and there is a specific time/day we want to release it which fits in with the standard editorial calendar, so it's not just a matter of getting round to it ASAP - it also has to tie in with that.

CoinBuzz

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:20:57 AM

Is there any PPS pool for vertcoin?

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
tazcatlicoatlus

Activity: 171

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:26:58 AM

I still cant get the vert cudaminer to work, it just shuts off right away  Undecided  Anyone have success with a GTX 560 EVGA?

The Jesuits = The Money Changers - Executive order 11110, Green Hilton Memorial Agreement, Global collateral accounts.. The US Treasury needs to print United States Notes backed by any physical assets; unlike this debt tool 'federal reserve note' printed by a private central bank that is 100% unconstitutional
maxvolts

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:24:50 AM

It's entirely reasonably to want to know where your money is going. We actually think this looks like a really notable conference and will grow in future - unlike some of the Bitcoin-centric conferences, this one seems more interested in innovation and fresh ideas. I hesitate to give it any kind of endorsement (because, until it's happened, I can't really say much more than you) but it seems, at this stage, like it's going to be a good one.

Jballs I can't speak for - I haven't seem him either, I hope he's OK, and that he comes back. The press release that was funded via vertcoinmarket.com has been upgraded - casp3r traded the VTC for BTC and sent it to me. I want it to go out via the best channels possible, so we're going to pay for release through a higher-premium service to get it out there. We didn't want to come back and ask for more VTC again, so me and another guy on the dev team (one of our PR experts) are paying the difference ourselves. I expect the press release will come out next week, but it might be the following week - the reason for the delay is entirely my fault, everything was in place but I've been to busy with other things the past couple of days to do my part, and there is a specific time/day we want to release it which fits in with the standard editorial calendar, so it's not just a matter of getting round to it ASAP - it also has to tie in with that.

Thanks for the update Boris, I too hope jballs is OK.

gerbill2

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 09:28:10 AM

http://pool.mn/images/gif/vtc.gif

Welcome to VertCoin Pool!

vtc.pool.mn offers:
http://pool.mn/imgsss/nyancoin2.gif 0% fee
http://pool.mn/imgsss/nyancoin2.gif 100% uptime
http://pool.mn/imgsss/nyancoin2.gif Powerful dedicated server
http://pool.mn/imgsss/nyancoin2.gif Friendly support via email, jabber or support forums
http://pool.mn/imgsss/nyancoin2.gif Skilled admin
http://pool.mn/imgsss/nyancoin2.gif DDOS protection
http://pool.mn/imgsss/nyancoin2.gif Giveaways - stay tuned!

Join us!

derbrause

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:34:14 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2014, 10:44:58 AM by derbrause

Without bashing or building up a deeper argumenting - But: Why are you prefering to join a conference than spread the word through the worlds greatest conference - the internet?! E.g. Google Ads, Marketing campaigns on trader-sites joint-ventures with other coins... i just dont get it ^^
Why bring a cryptocurrency to "the real world" when everything joining such a conference brings us .. well.. someone who had not heard the Name of the coin yet (Which is.. LOL...guess the audience of this conference is all crypto addicted ) had heard about it now but is more interested to speak about their coins.

Furthermore i dont see the need of a 5000$ invest for a fair booth....

EMC2: ESnKiK1Bbd1qt8h2bUNPvymy4aFPoAuQRo
Join the Einsteinium - Community! - Einsteinium.org - bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494708
Pelok66

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:12:36 AM

http://vertcoinmarket.com/campaigns/vertcoin-at-the-cryptocurrency-convention-in-nyc/

3%~ in 24hr Sad
maxvolts

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:17:12 AM

Hi guys,

I emailed pock.io yesterday regarding adding vert to their payment gateway.

Just received this:

Thanks for the email. We are very close to rolling out our vertcoin implementation, it has taken a little while to get everything in place but we are pretty much there!

Excellent news, and a very quick reply from Polk. Good on you guys :-)

Vertcoin (OP)

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:44:00 AM

Hi guys,

Just received this:

Thanks for the email. We are very close to rolling out our vertcoin implementation, it has taken a little while to get everything in place but we are pretty much there!

Excellent news !!!

VTC Stealth Address : vJmt8sF4iySr2RnJdZJdqk7CbJMQzwPwQwUsQwKF27qPE7qv9gfhjYqD6VapALi6jv8j6VKUvXYEto6 xmtxoq9oUyBXbV9XsYdt6sA
Please contact us via contact[at]vertcoin.org only, do not PM.
voephilis

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:31:01 PM

Hi guys,

Just received this:

great!  Smiley
enerbyte

Activity: 556
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:16:22 PM

Is there any PPS pool for vertcoin?
http://vertmining.com/
CoinBuzz

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:28:28 PM

BTW, is there any update from dev team?

what is their plan and future of vertcoin?

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
cgminer-o

Activity: 350

1$ =1 MEC 2013 (2,56 $) 5$ =1MEC 2014 ?

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:34:29 PM

Nice Coin

▓▓▓ MEC Megacoin POW▓▓▓https://forum.megacoin.co.nz/ ▓▓▓ New Economy Movement▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ LimecoinX X11 ▓▓▓
SnakeEater

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:41:56 PM

After VTC buy wall manage to push the network hashrate and difficulty up the buy wall retreat.   The buy wall of 40 BTC last less than 24  hours when the buy wall retreat 6% from 317,999 satoshi to 300,000 satoshi.

DOGECOIN now less profitable to mine than LTC.  If DOGECOIN GPU miner has shifted, The scrypt ASIC remains is nearly 60GH/s.

I estimate the total world wide GPU mining hashrate is less than 40 GH/s only about 160,000 pcs of 280X.  VTC is only 4 GH/s or 8 GH/s scrypt equivalent.
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:56:46 PM

After VTC buy wall manage to push the network hashrate and difficulty up the buy wall retreat.   The buy wall of 40 BTC last less than 24  hours when the buy wall retreat 6% from 317,999 satoshi to 300,000 satoshi.

DOGECOIN now less profitable to mine than LTC.  If DOGECOIN GPU miner has shifted, The scrypt ASIC remains is nearly 60GH/s.

I estimate the total world wide GPU mining hashrate is less than 40 GH/s only about 160,000 pcs of 280X.  VTC is only 4 GH/s or 8 GH/s scrypt equivalent.

I estimate the total world wide GPU mining hashrate is much much greater.
bengtåke

Activity: 309

confused developer

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:00:56 PM

I'd say the future for gpu mining regular scrypt doesn't look promising; http://hashra.com/gridseed-6-mh-s-scrypt-sha-miner-including-psu-accessories/

6 MHash at 1200W Shocked

Note: I don't know if store is real or not

BTC: 1HoDKDn6Gk7mggAhbRVA1T9UAU8kFAA6sy
Pages: « 1 ... 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 [347] 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: