Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:03:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 [397] 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232521 times)
styxical

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:27:35 AM

VTC RIGHT AFTER BTC & LTC IN VOLUME ON COINMARKETCAP.COM!!!!
1    Bitcoin   $ 7,099,236,235   $ 565.76   12,548,050 BTC   $ 17,346,048   -0.91 %   
3    Litecoin   $ 421,271,393   $ 15.71   26,814,854 LTC   $ 6,325,487   +0.57 %   
16    Vertcoin   $ 5,130,116   $ 1.82   2,814,850 VTC   $ 884,099   +30.42 %   

but obviously you guys don't know how to hold! Total marketcap $5M, traded $0.8M! Shame on you! Wink

I made > 200 coins trading today. Shame on me all you want.  Grin
MinerP

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:31:02 AM

i have two 6 card r9 270 rig. the gpu that has the connected monitor on it crashes all the time... the other gpus work perfectly. i have two r9 270 rigs with different motherboards and both have the same problem. I have used stock settings 1000 core 1400 mem even went down to 900 core. it seems anything over intensity 13 crashes the GPU with the monitor.. also have 8 gigs of ram. please help!
pjr77

Activity: 299

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:56:14 AM

This might help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn_cz9em6HA&feature=youtu.be

Alternatively check our settings thread

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=416572.0
BorisTheSpider

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:05:35 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 02:20:23 AM by BorisTheSpider

SECURE THE NETWORK

In the name of being diplomatic and not making a fuss, I've held back on saying anything about this for a while, but now we need to talk about it.

While we've achieved fantastic things in terms of p2pool, and Vertcoin has the highest proportion of p2pool mining of any chain I'm aware of, we do have an issue with one or two pools, as Verters great work has revealed at http://www.verters.com/block-analysis

Namely, bitcrush and vertco.in are both rather too big. I have no doubt they are good pools (after all, so many of you wouldn't be there if they weren't) but that's not the point.

Some of you may believe, because it's called a 51% attack, that you need 51% of the network hashrate to do it. Not so - it's just that if you have 51% of nethash you can _ALWAYS_ do it. If you have less, you have a smaller probability of accomplishing it, in proportion to how small your hashrate is (ie. it's incredibly unlikely, but you could in theory do it with 1kh/s).

Let me put some figures on this for you:

With 25% of nethash (which is what bitcrush and vertco.in both have at present), the probability of an attacker successfully orphaning the commonly used 6 confirmations is about 5%. It rises exponentially though, and if these pools grow to 30% of nethash, they would have a 13% chance of accomplishing that attack. Let them get to 35% of nethash and it's a 28% probability.

On the flip side however, it doesn't take a massive reduction in their hashrate to vastly reduce that probability - for example, with 20% of nethash a pool has only a 1.5% probability of accomplishing such an attack, and at 15% of nethash it's down to a much more acceptable 0.2% probability.

The other issue is, two big pools could in theory collude. I am personally satisfied this is no issue here, because I know that Bushido runs vertco.in and is not about to attack his own coin, but it still is an issue, and we shouldn't need to trust anyone here - the whole point of this is to make things trustless and secure by design.

I'm very proud of the way we've managed to get the p2pool adoption in VTC so strong, but let's not rest on our laurels - there is still much work to be done. Please consider moving if you're on bitcrush or vertco.in, preferably to p2pool.

Remember fees are lower on p2pool generally, payouts are higher and you're helping the network - http://p2pool.vertcoin.org/ will show you all the p2pool nodes that can be detected and selecting one close to you geographically is best (also setting one or two others as failover in your miner config) - the advantages of p2pool are manyfold, including that the pool operator cannot lose or steal your coins either through malice, incompetence or getting hacked, because they never hold the coins (they are paid directly to the miner), also, if the p2pool node you are on fails, you still get paid your shares because they are distributed on the sharechain, and not stored on any one node to be lost due to a failure.

If you don't wish to use p2pool, at least try to join a smaller pool. Ideally I'd love to see everyone using p2pool but that's not realistically going to happen and it's actually not ideal for very small (ie. less than one modern GPU) miners, but even if we could get all the traditional pools down to at most 15% of nethash, that would be a very significant achievement.

TheCoinFinder
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 02:09:50 AM

The other alternative is get another two or three pools to the same size as the top two. Alongside P2pool, this would effectively stop this from being an issue.

SECURE THE NETWORK

In the name of being diplomatic and not making a fuss, I've held back on saying anything about this for a while, but now we need to talk about it.

While we've achieved fantastic things in terms of p2pool, and Vertcoin has the highest proportion of p2pool mining of any chain I'm aware of, we do have an issue with one or two pools, as Verters great work has revealed at http://www.verters.com/block-analysis

Namely, bitcrush and vertco.in are both rather too big. I have no doubt they are good pools (after all, so many of you wouldn't be there if they weren't) but that's not the point.

Some of you may believe, because it's called a 51% attack, that you need 51% of the network hashrate to do it. Not so - it's just that if you have 51% of nethash you can _ALWAYS_ do it. If you have less, you have a smaller probability of accomplishing it, in proportion to how small your hashrate is (ie. it's incredibly unlikely, but you could in theory do it with 1kh/s).

With 25% of nethash (which is what bitcrush and vertco.in both have at present), the probability of an attacker successfully orphaning the commonly used 6 confirmations is about 5%. It rises exponentially though, and if these pools grow to 30% of nethash, they would have a 13% chance of accomplishing that attack. Let them get to 35% of nethash and it's a 28% probability.

On the flip side however, it doesn't take a massive reduction in their hashrate to vastly reduce that probability - for example, with 20% of nethash a pool has only a 1.5% probability of accomplishing such an attack, and at 15% of nethash it's down to a much more acceptable 0.2% probability.

The other issue is, two big pools could in theory collude. I am personally satisfied this is no issue here, because I know that Bushido runs vertco.in and is not about to attack his own coin, but it still is an issue, and we shouldn't need to trust anyone here - the whole point of this is to make things trustless and secure by design.

I'm very proud of the way we've managed to get the p2pool adoption in VTC so strong, but let's not rest on our laurels - there is still much work to be done. Please consider moving if you're on bitcrush or vertco.in, preferably to p2pool.

Remember fees are lower on p2pool generally, payouts are higher and you're helping the network - http://scanner.etyd.org/ will show you all the p2pool nodes that can be detected and selecting one close to you geographically is best (also setting one or two others as failover in your miner config) - the advantages of p2pool are manyfold, including that the pool operator cannot lose or steal your coins either through malice, incompetence or getting hacked, because they never hold the coins (they are paid directly to the miner), also, if the p2pool node you are on fails, you still get paid your shares because they are distributed on the sharechain, and not stored on any one node to be lost due to a failure.

If you don't wish to use p2pool, at least try to join a smaller pool. Ideally I'd love to see everyone using p2pool but that's not realistically going to happen and it's actually not ideal for very small (ie. less than one modern GPU) miners, but even if we could get all the traditional pools down to at most 15% of nethash, that would be a very significant achievement.

.Deviant.io.                ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄
             ▄█▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄
           ██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
         ▄█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄
        ▐█░░░▄████████████████▄░░
        █▌░░███▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▌▐█
        █▌░░█████▌  ▐▄▄   ██████░▐█
        ██░░▀██████████████████░▒██
        ▄██▄▄███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀███▄░▄███▄
     ▄██▓▓▓██▓▓███▀▀▒▒▒▀▀███▓▓██▓▓▓▓██
    ▐█▓▓▓▓█▓██▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▀████▓█▓▓▓
    ▀███████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀█▒▒▒████████▀
      ▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄█▀▒▒█▒██▀▒████▀
      ▐█▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▓▓▓▒▀▒▒▒▒▓██▓█▌
      ██▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒██▓████▓▒▒▒▓▓▒███▓█▌
      ▐█▓██▒▒▒▒███▀▒▒▒█▌▓▓▓██▀▒██▓█▌
       ██▒█▌▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▌▓██▀▒▒▒▒█▒██
        ██▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒██
         ▀█▓▓██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▓▓█▀
           ▀██▒▀█████▄█████▀▓██▀
         ▄▄▓▓▓█████▄▄▓▄▄█████▓▓▄▄

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▀▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓        ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓               ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓               ▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▄▄         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓         ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀      ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌

░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓²         ` ║▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓              ╢▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓Γ    ▓╥  ╓▓┐    ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓     ╙`   ╙     ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓╥   ─,,  ,,─   ╓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓   `▓▓▓▀        ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▌            ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓       ,▄▄▓▓   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▄,▄▄   ▐▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▀ '▀▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▓▀▀▀       ▄▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀       ▄▄▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▄,▄▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Kalizar

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:22:44 AM

SECURE THE NETWORK

Remember fees are lower on p2pool generally, payouts are higher and you're helping the network - http://scanner.etyd.org/ will show you all the p2pool nodes that can be detected and selecting one close to you geographically is best (also setting one or two others as failover in your miner config) - the advantages of p2pool are manyfold, including that the pool operator cannot lose or steal your coins either through malice, incompetence or getting hacked, because they never hold the coins (they are paid directly to the miner), also, if the p2pool node you are on fails, you still get paid your shares because they are distributed on the sharechain, and not stored on any one node to be lost due to a failure.

I honestly was kind of skeptical on using a P2Pool because of what was required to make a server. After reading further into it and realizing I can pick a node in P2Pool based on the ping, fee, and uptime. I picked one with a low ping, .5% fee, and uptime of over 30 days for my primary mining pool. You simply just copy and paste the address into your mining config for cgminer/vertminer, like you typically would.

Compared to using a pool it seems I get paid more coins and exceed my profits from using a pool. It also feels nice to have my coins directly put into my wallet and see exactly how many confirmed/ immature(freshly mined) coins I have

At this point, if you are still pool mining Vertcoin (VTC) on a regular pool, you are only sacrificing profits, decentralization of mining power, and a chance of leaving the blockchain susceptible to an attack.
rapsac

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:38:42 AM

I honestly was kind of skeptical on using a P2Pool because of what was required to make a server. After reading further into it and realizing I can pick a node in P2Pool based on the ping, fee, and uptime. I picked one with a low ping, .5% fee, and uptime of over 30 days for my primary mining pool. You simply just copy and paste the address into your mining config for cgminer/vertminer, like you typically would.

If you switch to a p2pool pool try lowering your intensity by 1 or 2, you will get much less rejects resulting in a higher hashrate.
If you are running a single thread/card (-g 1) try this
7850 normal -I 18  p2pool -I 16
7950 normal -I 18  p2pool -I 17
270 normal -I 18 p2pool -I 17 or -I 16
290(x) normal -I 20 p2pool -I 18 or -I 17
So slower cards need to lower intensity more. Why the 290 needs a lower I i don't know though.

BBristow79

Activity: 230

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:39:43 AM

I tried p2p a while back and never got paid out a single coin. At a pool at the time I would have made 50-60 coins.

I asked around a bunch talked to the pool made inquiries but never got them. I likely would have gone back with my 3.5 Mh/s but it left a bad taste in my mouth. Seems like it's improved since then though...
mooncake

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:43:45 AM

Why has VERT been going north for the past few days?  Huh
Kalizar

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:46:57 AM

I tried p2p a while back and never got paid out a single coin. At a pool at the time I would have made 50-60 coins.

I asked around a bunch talked to the pool made inquiries but never got them. I likely would have gone back with my 3.5 Mh/s but it left a bad taste in my mouth. Seems like it's improved since then though...

That's strange. Make sure you are putting your VTC Wallet address as your user parameter in vertminer. About 10-15 minutes later I started getting confirmations. I have a 3 MH/s rig.
jacknb1ack

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:00:29 AM

The other alternative is get another two or three pools to the same size as the top two. Alongside P2pool, this would effectively stop this from being an issue.

SECURE THE NETWORK

Actually i really like mining on p2pool, but with current sharerate is too high, is almost impossible to get share for little miner.

I'm sorry if this already asked, but is it possible to divide p2p network into two ? i mean, make another with less share spread but with lower sharerate so little miner can join p2pool too ? like the old p2p network if i remember correctly.

i don't mind getting pay less frequent but with high possibility to get share. Last time i try p2pool, only get 1 share /12h with my 280x ...

*i don't really understand how p2pool work, but it is possible to do this ?
noerc

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:15:46 AM

SECURE THE NETWORK

Actually i really like mining on p2pool, but with current sharerate is too high, is almost impossible to get share for little miner.

I'm sorry if this already asked, but is it possible to divide p2p network into two ? i mean, make another with less share spread but with lower sharerate so little miner can join p2pool too ? like the old p2p network if i remember correctly.

i don't mind getting pay less frequent but with high possibility to get share. Last time i try p2pool, only get 1 share /12h with my 280x ...

*i don't really understand how p2pool work, but it is possible to do this ?

In many pools it is required to set the difficulty manually for smaller rigs in order to get shares accepted. Have a look at: http://p2pool.be:9171/static/ for example. I even set slightly lower difficulties as suggested there and then I get a significant larger amount of shares. This has to be done for every worker.
Shameless Beggar

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:16:30 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 03:36:41 AM by Shameless Beggar

Can someone please tell me, if there are any fixed diff non-p2 pools? It's getting pretty annoying when pool keeps unintelligently raising my difficulty so I have zero shares across several blocks.

edit: well, I guess I'm gonna try the p2pool suggested by the previous poster. I was under impression that to join p2pool requires some crazy setup. Apparently not.
Smooking

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:20:05 AM

P2Pool Located in EU

http://212.114.110.57:9171

Use Vertcoin Miner

Username = Vertcoin Wallet address
Password = Anything

-o 212.114.110.57:9171 -u VertCoinWalletAddress -p x
BorisTheSpider

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:26:57 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=526315.0
Coelacanth

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:07:37 AM

Uptime doesn't matter. Node operators may restart p2pool to update to the latest git release. This resets uptime. Only thing you need a low latency and low fee node with backup pools configured in vertminer.conf
georbitc

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:20:46 AM

Can anyone get the machine readable pages of the vertcoin block explorer to work?

I can't

sample non machine readable

http://explorer.vertcoin.org/address/VpkQn9PuNi7mLpuQy7Qmcf4CyfQyMBmP1n

gives

"
Short Link: http://explorer.vertcoin.org/a/VpkQn9PuNi

Balance: 7.49186164 VTC
Transactions in: 9
Received: 7.49186164 VTC
Transactions out: 0
Sent: 0 VTC

"

but machine readable

http://explorer.vertcoin.org/q/addressbalance/VpkQn9PuNi7mLpuQy7Qmcf4CyfQyMBmP1n

gives

"
returns amount of money at the given address
/chain/CHAIN/q/addressbalance/ADDRESS

"

which is a description of what it should do but doesn't do.

for bitcoin the machine readable can be loaded into a php variable like this

$bitcoinaddressbalance = file_get_contents('http://blockchain.info/q/addressbalance/16M9iBxfJsLjR8hHY7zs1qnikS51mCTu5o');

so for vertcoin it should also be like

$vertcoinaddressbalance = file_get_contents('http://explorer.vertcoin.org/q/addressbalance/VpkQn9PuNi7mLpuQy7Qmcf4CyfQyMBmP1n');

but it doesn't work becuase the machine readable part of the vertcoin explorer doesn't work.

Can anyone get a machinereadable vertcoin explorer address value?

Vertcoin (OP)

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:25:12 AM

Can anyone get the machine readable pages of the vertcoin block explorer to work?

I can't

gives

"

"

but machine readable

http://explorer.vertcoin.org/q/addressbalance/VpkQn9PuNi7mLpuQy7Qmcf4CyfQyMBmP1n

gives

"

"

$bitcoinaddressbalance = file_get_contents('http://blockchain.info/q/addressbalance/16M9iBxfJsLjR8hHY7zs1qnikS51mCTu5o');

$vertcoinaddressbalance = file_get_contents('http://explorer.vertcoin.org/q/addressbalance/VpkQn9PuNi7mLpuQy7Qmcf4CyfQyMBmP1n');

but it doesn't work becuase the machine readable part of the vertcoin explorer doesn't work.

https://explorer.vertcoin.org/chain/Vertcoin/q/addressbalance/VpkQn9PuNi7mLpuQy7Qmcf4CyfQyMBmP1n

VTC Stealth Address : vJmt8sF4iySr2RnJdZJdqk7CbJMQzwPwQwUsQwKF27qPE7qv9gfhjYqD6VapALi6jv8j6VKUvXYEto6 xmtxoq9oUyBXbV9XsYdt6sA
Please contact us via contact[at]vertcoin.org only, do not PM.
toxicwaltz

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:52:02 AM

It's happening. Grin
I'm so glad I invested heavily on vertcoin more than on any other altcoins.
georbitc

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:55:14 AM

I have no idea why it is done that way but it works so thank you!

I can't

gives

"

"

but machine readable

gives

"

"

https://explorer.vertcoin.org/chain/Vertcoin/q/addressbalance/VpkQn9PuNi7mLpuQy7Qmcf4CyfQyMBmP1n
Pages: « 1 ... 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 [397] 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: