Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:09:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232523 times)
hashnine

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:23:35 PM

i sold all my fcking LTC for buy DRK and VTC

Careful XC anonymous coin is a scam
deky_

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:37:46 PM

I`d like to hear from them on the issues of slower block propagation throughout the network with adaptive N algorithm, that Litecoin devs are talking about..

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=18166.0

+1

VTC Donations : VmdSExjrX9wxVt3mSq2mGXd4bLtNrpyGhJ
moonbat

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 07:57:47 PM

More stuff to buy with Vertcoin - now you can buy webhosting with VTC at http://www.cleverpuffin.com/

CrunchHarder Mining Pools https://crunchharder.net
PoolMingo

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:23:39 PM

2/10 rewarded with 20 VTC blocks found!

Come on you can be the next!

join now at http://vertcoin.mingopool.com . First 10 blocks finders will be rewarded with 20 VTC, not from the pool wallet, will be awarded from the admin wallet!

Give us some hashes! it will be worth!

AUTOMATED PAYMENTS
ONLINE SUPPORT
24/7 monitoring
Stratum
0% FEE
DDOS protection
PPLNS
VARDIFF
Powerfull server

WWW.MINGOPOOL.COM

DOGECOIN - 365 coin - CleanWaterCoin-  Vertcoin - RotoCoin - CatalonianCoin

CHAT CHANNEL #MINGOPOOL AT FREENODE

rapsac

Activity: 106

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:31:26 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2014, 12:12:32 AM by rapsac

I`d like to hear from them on the issues of slower block propagation throughout the network with adaptive N algorithm, that Litecoin devs are talking about..

Here is what i think (warning: rant)
The PoW for scrypt-n is slower than that of scrypt. Fact. The PoW of scrypt is slower than that of SHA256, also fact. What makes the slower PoW of scrypt-n any worse than the also slow scrypt? The answer: because litecoin said so. The time needed for validation depends on the PoW algo and of the speed of the hardware doing the validation. As computers/asics get faster the time needed decreases. So it used to take longer than it takes now. I can't draw any other conclusion from this.
There have been no obvious disadvantages for the slower PoW, not for scrypt and not for scrypt-n. I'm sure litecoin has a thorough analysis (fud) for that too, but i bet they forget to mention how slow their PoW was when litecoin was cpu minable only and how that caused those big problems then ... NOT!
I've read litecoin's reasoning for not changing the PoW, and they only talk more fud. Yes, changing a PoW is not easy and yes it will (for a short period of time) cause problems for users. But for a coin that was meant to be asic resistant the community should/would want it to remain true to its principles? The devs want a stable (unchanging) coin, well no-shit-sherlock! Maybe asics are the one thing that undermines just that?!

Ultimatly what is comes down to is what makes a coin a coin.

Properties of a coin:
- BEING ASIC RESISTANT or not or any other groundbreaking new development
- Block time
- Rewards for miners and transaction cost, max. coins
- any form of pre-mining
- The community and bussinesses that accept the coin
- and technically its PoW
The PoW is largely irrelevant to the coin's users, it is only there to support the rest of the coin's properties.
If any of the coin's properties is broken/threatened its users will expect that this will be solved! Hard fork or not. Asics threatening the coin's basic properties is for sure a good reason for a fork. If LTC had decided to fork when needed then most altcoins would be dead. Most altcoins only exist because the devs fail to support the most important properties of the existing coins.
I've said it before and will do so again; LTC is dead now asics have removed its only reason to exist. In 6 month LTC will follow FTC into oblivion. I can't think of any real reason for litecoin not to change its PoW, other than MONEY, DEV'S MONEY, ASIC-DEV'S MONEY and politics!

<edited for clarification/typos and a failed attempt to tame it down a bit>
othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 02:59:36 AM

I quote myself now:
   Running 1500 scrypt hashes with N=2048 - 0.00109417 avg. sec per hash
    Running 1500 scrypt hashes with N=4096 - 0.00216536 avg. sec per hash
    Running 1500 scrypt hashes with N=8192 - 0.00450547 avg. sec per hash
    Running 1500 scrypt hashes with N=16384 -  0.00928228 avg. sec per hash
    Running 1500 scrypt hashes with N=32768 -  0.01895874 avg. sec per hash
    Running 1500 scrypt hashes with N=65536 -  0.04028997 avg. sec per hash
    Running 1500 scrypt hashes with N=131072 -  0.08082690 avg. sec per hash

just some hacked up test written in python on an  i5-4250U CPU @ 1.30GHz, this can and should be heavily optimized with AVX and whatever else will come up in the future.

even with the current gen hardware the next nfactor adjustments are fast enough to solve on every fullnode running client - mobile phones and co will use liteweight wallets anyway.

spikers

Activity: 79

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:29:30 AM

VERTCOIN MINING POOL VTCWEB.POOLZ.NET
Powerful 16-core 32 Gb physical (not virtual) servers
Gigabit Connection and SSD drives
High Efficiency, fast payments
Almost 10% of the network, you won't wait for a block
One of the oldest VTC pools, trusted by many
STABLE AND DDoS PROTECTED
Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:36:06 AM

Mine with us on our low latency P2Pool Server.  Based out of New York.     Here is the server info:

Super Low .5% Fee

moonhost.kicks-ass.org:9171/

(no need for stratum+tcp argument, just point your miner to the above address)

View your stats here: moonhost.kicks-ass.org:9171/static/

Standard Mpos server to follow in the next few days.

VTC Donate: VmFiTqr9ShDD6ya7sdHHED11s8Dpk9T5Hq
BTC Donate: 1JUkLED44U8M9KWLuCKBtsexoXQpNdc6CH

CryptoWaves

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:37:46 AM

FYI

Today I opened new VTC pool at Coinotron.com

We already solved first block.

Legendary mining pool adds VTC!
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:03:52 AM

in case people are curious i did some cpu and gpu testing with nvidia and ati etc
i found that mining Vertcoin was close to 3x more profitable than mining Darkcoin.
So if you wanted darkcoins then mine VTC and buy them Wink

also i think VTC is more honest.. Dark coin is a rip off of Quark and they won't give any credit to Quark at all and play dumb about it.
they also have all kinds of trickery involved from day one like parading it around as a cpu only coin and not posting gpu miner links on the ANN page description.
Even though there was gpu miners around since day 1 ! so they have exploited the rep of being a cpu only coin to get people involved.. scammy !
Screw Darkcoin and their scammy bullshit.. their title boasts claims they can't back up too.. it's also listed on the CPU only coin listing topic.

FUD first & ask questions later™
markyminer

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 02:58:49 PM

The PoW for scrypt-n is slower than that of scrypt. Fact. The PoW of scrypt is slower than that of SHA256, also fact. What makes the slower PoW of scrypt-n any worse than the also slow scrypt? The answer: because litecoin said so. The time needed for validation depends on the PoW algo and of the speed of the hardware doing the validation. As computers/asics get faster the time needed decreases. So it used to take longer than it takes now. I can't draw any other conclusion from this.
There have been no obvious disadvantages for the slower PoW, not for scrypt and not for scrypt-n. I'm sure litecoin has a thorough analysis (fud) for that too, but i bet they forget to mention how slow their PoW was when litecoin was cpu minable only and how that caused those big problems then ... NOT!
I've read litecoin's reasoning for not changing the PoW, and they only talk more fud. Yes, changing a PoW is not easy and yes it will (for a short period of time) cause problems for users. But for a coin that was meant to be asic resistant the community should/would want it to remain true to its principles? The devs want a stable (unchanging) coin, well no-shit-sherlock! Maybe asics are the one thing that undermines just that?!

Properties of a coin:
- Block time
- any form of pre-mining
The PoW is largely irrelevant to the coin's users, it is only there to support the rest of the coin's properties.
If any of the coin's properties is broken/threatened its users will expect that this will be solved! Hard fork or not. Asics threatening the coin's basic properties is for sure a good reason for a fork. If LTC had decided to fork when needed then most altcoins would be dead. Most altcoins only exist because the devs fail to support the most important properties of the existing coins.
I've said it before and will do so again; LTC is dead now asics have removed its only reason to exist. In 6 month LTC will follow FTC into oblivion. I can't think of any real reason for litecoin not to change its PoW, other than MONEY, DEV'S MONEY, ASIC-DEV'S MONEY and politics!

VTC's problem right now is that it's price into BTC/FIAT is to low for anyone with GPU rigs paying $0.20 kwh or higher to breakeven on electricity costs due to it's slower hash rate for scrypt-n. But LTC is still slightly  profitable.

Personally I don't mine for the love of crypto, not using 2300 watts 24/7 over 8 gpus!  If it don't make a few $ a day over the cost of energy I just shut down. For this reason alone I have scrypt asics on order. We will need the next generations of AMD GPU with better hash/watt ratios to keep mining VTC long term.

I'm pretty sure the majority of miners don't do it for love!

M

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
layyen

Activity: 172

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:02:13 PM

hope the price will rise again, this should be only temporary, we will see, diff on ltc is not going up, sometimes it went down a bit, its not "good for vtc"  but when this will be opposite, then vtc will profit from this
DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:31:10 PM

Properties of a coin:
- Block time
- any form of pre-mining

VTC's problem right now is that it's price into BTC/FIAT is to low for anyone with GPU rigs paying $0.20 kwh or higher to breakeven on electricity costs due to it's slower hash rate for scrypt-n. But LTC is still slightly  profitable.

Personally I don't mine for the love of crypto, not using 2300 watts 24/7 over 8 gpus!  If it don't make a few $ a day over the cost of energy I just shut down. For this reason alone I have scrypt asics on order. We will need the next generations of AMD GPU with better hash/watt ratios to keep mining VTC long term.

M

hmm i don't see a real difference at profitability atm btw ltc and vtc.
example with current price/diff atm:
8000 mhs scrypt / 4000 mhs scypt-n with 25 cents kwh:
ltc  -$5.13
vtc - $5.43
difference hardly worth mentioning ...
edit: calculated with 4000 Watts
markyminer

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:01:30 PM

Properties of a coin:
- Block time
- any form of pre-mining

M

ltc  -$5.13
vtc - $5.43

I don't know many who in real world mining manage to achieve 50% of scrypt hashrate with scrypt-n. Best I can get stable on 7950's is 45%.  try the calculation x 0.45 of scrypt hashrate.

M

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
aleks648

Activity: 230

Bounty Manager

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 04:24:59 PM

One of VTCs oldest pools, http://VTC.KILOVOLT.CO.UK is now on 0%!  Come join us again!

*High End Dedicated Servers
*Fully Redundant, Fault-Tolerant Architecture
*Automatic Backup of Wallets and Databases
*Technical Support from Experienced Coin Devs and Pool Owners (Aleks_N from Team VTC Dev)

*Mining here supports the development of VTC.  25% of pool profits go to fund the ongoing dev of VTC.

Please send some hash back our way.

Look forward to seeing you all soon!

Aleks_N

Bounty Manager http://t.me/aleks648
DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:47:33 PM

Properties of a coin:
- Block time
- any form of pre-mining

M

ltc  -$5.13
vtc - $5.43

I don't know many who in real world mining manage to achieve 50% of scrypt hashrate with scrypt-n. Best I can get stable on 7950's is 45%.  try the calculation x 0.45 of scrypt hashrate.

M

i use 11 x Asus r9 280x
normal scrypt 720 - 740 kh/s (depends a bit on coin and setting)
scrypt-n = 360 - 370 kh/s (no overclocking)
so in fact i get 50%  and my calculation is right for my card. can not speak for your card ...
BorisTheSpider

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:17:56 PM

It's really a non-issue - here is current BTC propogation: http://bitcoinstats.com/network/propagation/

Block validation is for sure more intensive on VTC than on normal scrypt, but the difference is insignificant in the context of modern hardware.
PoolMingo

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:46:54 PM

2/10 rewarded with 20 VTC blocks found!

Come on you can be the next!

join now at http://vertcoin.mingopool.com . First 10 blocks finders will be rewarded with 20 VTC, not from the pool wallet, will be awarded from the admin wallet!sou you'll receive pool earnings + 20VTC!

Give us some hashes! it will be worth!

AUTOMATED PAYMENTS
ONLINE SUPPORT
24/7 monitoring
Stratum
0% FEE
DDOS protection
PPLNS
VARDIFF
Powerfull server

WWW.MINGOPOOL.COM

DOGECOIN - 365 coin - CleanWaterCoin-  Vertcoin - RotoCoin - CatalonianCoin

CHAT CHANNEL #MINGOPOOL AT FREENODE

JohnnyDaMitch

Activity: 135

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:27:47 PM

I don't know many who in real world mining manage to achieve 50% of scrypt hashrate with scrypt-n. Best I can get stable on 7950's is 45%.  try the calculation x 0.45 of scrypt hashrate.

M

i use 11 x Asus r9 280x
so in fact i get 50%  and my calculation is right for my card. can not speak for your card ...

Yeah I get 50% too.
zero3112

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:30:32 PM

M

i use 11 x Asus r9 280x

Yeah I get 50% too.

I am not getting any pool confirms what miner does this coin use. scrypt not working.

Pages: « 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: