Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:54:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HBN Investment Journal - 2% returns every ten days - 90,000+ HBN Porfolio  (Read 69826 times)
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:25:30 PM

TEKcoin is a wild one. I have a decent position in TEK.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mighty jol

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:30:29 PM

wild one? yeah what does that even mean? XD

presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:44:45 PM

Believe it or not, the TEK dev was the lead HBN dev before Tranz took the lead.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:46:36 PM

wild one? yeah what does that even mean? XD

the price moves fast, its hard to get a decent amount and you get wicked returns.
mighty jol

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:50:41 PM

so you consider it as a good pos coin to hold (honestly if conversion of usd/btc was easier i would completely buy thousands worth of thoses pos coins). I just find it really difficult to acquire bitcoins right now

Gabri

Activity: 856
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:34:43 PM

I was looking into TEK last days and i think there is not enough volume - the 40% per month is nice, only if you can sell it.
precrime3

Activity: 84

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 07:42:01 PM

I was looking into TEK last days and i think there is not enough volume - the 40% per month is nice, only if you can sell it.

Theres a decent amount of volume on crypsty, as your not needing to sell them as you just need to run the client. Plus I would hold till I had enough to make a self-sustaining stream of revenue from just POS tekcoin. IMO all other POS coins seem to have a either low, fast yield, or high, slow yield.

tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:21:39 PM

Theres a decent amount of volume on crypsty, as your not needing to sell them as you just need to run the client. Plus I would hold till I had enough to make a self-sustaining stream of revenue from just POS tekcoin. IMO all other POS coins seem to have a either low, fast yield, or high, slow yield.

pretty much this. You need to time your buys accordingly with TEKcoin and be able to hang on tight for 30 days. A couple of minting cycles and you basically have a risk free trade. My position is just big enough that what ever PoS coins I mint I can sell at market and not crash the price. The bots love Tekcoin because the PoS miners feed them with liquidity. The bots then turn around and make the spread on the Cryptsy Orderbook, allowing traders and investors to both buy and sell.
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:33:11 PM

40% a month seems TOO high to me.  I think the coin will run out of people wanted to buy, as it inflates so fast.  I think <%15 is more reasonable, I think <6-9% a month is probably optimum.  I went from PPC to NVC to HBN for my POS holdings, and think I'll stay with HBN, it seems the best balanced PoS coin to me (and best wallet).

But this is a grand wacky experiment, no one can say exactly how it'll go Smiley

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 12:29:29 AM

Wow there is a richlist?  Shocked
And I am at the top 100  Roll Eyes
aiming for top 10
Remember someone might control multiple of those wallets.

Does anyone know the people behind these large wallets? Are they exchanges?

Obviously Tranz, the lead dev, will be a large stakeholder - but the question is does Tranz have a large wallet, or many wallets instead?  No one really knows - and for privacy reasons we don't need to know.

My personal guess is that the current 2nd largest wallet http://hbn.blockx.info/get/address/Evg3P2W4sdfEbXsN1p5YxbE84hJFYmAnjQ is Cryptsy. HBN was added to cryptsy early on, as it originally started as an idea on Cryptsy chatrooms.  This wallet hasn't been staked, which gives me the impression that it is an exchanges reserves.

...My wallet... well lets just say I wish I had as large of a wallet as TG does.

It is safe to assume that Tranz is smarter than the average bear and will most likely hold multiple wallets, thus he wouldn't be in the top ten. I did the same thing when blackcoin came around. I was a top 100 coin holder, but wasn't on the list because I spread my coins around in multiple addresses.

psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:18:06 AM

Hi tokyoghetto

What is the monthly % interest / proof of stake for Blackcoin?

Thanks for this thread and for turning me onto proof-of-stake coins Wink
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:21:34 AM

Ha ha ha glad you finally stopped counting PoS orphans, as they aren't really a loss of anything.

Staking looks nice, I am jealous.  Concerning scrypt asics coming, I am of the mindset that it will only make HBN more valuable. My reasoning is that right now a block of HBN is equivalent to a certain hash rate.  When difficulty goes up in the future, the same block of HBN will be equivalent to a higher hash rate. I am guessing it should be that simple, and that those interesting in mining will begin to head towards PoS/PoW hybrids that are somewhat immune to the affects of asics.

Keep up the staking, and also did you notice the new wallet positioned in 3rd on the rich list?  Someone is giving you a run for your money.

yea there was no point in tracking the orphans. it helps to look at them though, they tell you how big the next PoS mined block will be. I also noticed that the top address are adding to their positions. I don't let other peoples positions affect me. When it comes to trading, you are basically trading against yourself. The market is a living, breathing monster. No need to let others distract me.

I  am thinking that instead of joining the Scrypt ASIC arms race, I will go 100% PoS and just manage a portfolio of coins. It would be nice to get the space back from my GPU miners. I am not going to even bother with GRIDSEED miners, those things will be paperweights by the end of the summer. Once people start running KNC Titan mining farms, I will buy shares and collect dividends. This is what I did, I bought shares in  PETAMINE instead of buying SHA256 ASIC miners.
romang

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:08:43 AM

Way to high on this coin.

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:17:36 AM

yea there was no point in tracking the orphans. it helps to look at them though, they tell you how big the next PoS mined block will be. I also noticed that the top address are adding to their positions. I don't let other peoples positions affect me. When it comes to trading, you are basically trading against yourself. The market is a living, breathing monster. No need to let others distract me.

I  am thinking that instead of joining the Scrypt ASIC arms race, I will go 100% PoS and just manage a portfolio of coins. It would be nice to get the space back from my GPU miners. I am not going to even bother with GRIDSEED miners, those things will be paperweights by the end of the summer. Once people start running KNC Titan mining farms, I will buy shares and collect dividends. This is what I did, I bought shares in  PETAMINE instead of buying SHA256 ASIC miners.

That how I am thinking. I have been in the process of selling equipment on ebay and then buying HBN with the proceeds. It is a good time to trade the two.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:32:19 AM

How often is the rich list updated, continuously?
http://hbn.blockx.info/richlist

the list is updated every 10 minutes

That how I am thinking. I have been in the process of selling equipment on ebay and then buying HBN with the proceeds. It is a good time to trade the two.

It looks like we all are on the same page here about "Hardware" investments... I'm glad to have the rigs I have but I'm too in the process of slowly selling them off. 

What's the point in keeping hardware that depreciates, when you can buy HOBOs that appreciates? right?

Plus it's a never ending spiral of always keeping your rigs in top shape and you NEED to consistently add to them if you want to keep a good production!

I'm PoS all the way, not only it's fun, but it pays to hold on to your position, unlike holding on to your miners !

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
Mr. Net

Activity: 517
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:48:22 AM

Looks like people start to understand what hobonickels are all about!

4 BTC buy orders, 3 BTC buy orders...

People don't wanna sell at these low prices, especially if you assume that we are going to see an altcoin rush with the next BTC rise like in November.

I can see HBN having a Marketcap of 10 mil easily especially if you consider that HBN didn't have a rush up yet.

Money Is Information
lucazane
Legendary

Activity: 1198

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 08:55:15 AM

Looks like people start to understand what hobonickels are all about!

4 BTC buy orders, 3 BTC buy orders...

People don't wanna sell at these low prices, especially if you assume that we are going to see an altcoin rush with the next BTC rise like in November.

I can see HBN having a Marketcap of 10 mil easily especially if you consider that HBN didn't have a rush up yet.
And look at the sell orders, nothing ..

The Blocks Factory Mining POOL : DGB(sha256d, Skein, Qubit, Groestl & Scrypt), FTC
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:48:36 PM

It looks like we all are on the same page here about "Hardware" investments... I'm glad to have the rigs I have but I'm too in the process of slowly selling them off. 

What's the point in keeping hardware that depreciates, when you can buy HOBOs that appreciates? right?

Plus it's a never ending spiral of always keeping your rigs in top shape and you NEED to consistently add to them if you want to keep a good production!

I'm PoS all the way, not only it's fun, but it pays to hold on to your position, unlike holding on to your miners !

Exactly.  Unfortunately cards are being dumped on the market right now, so we get a bit less out of them than they have been worth in recent months, but the sooner I buy HBN, the sooner I will start collecting stake with those resources.

And BTC is cheap... just bought 1.6btc with $700 USD.  Which means I can load up on HBN for cheap Smiley

tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:55:00 PM

You guys are all correct. Its the reason this journal is an investment journal and not a pump and dump journal. If we were to look at our "core" position as mining hardware and compare it to asic miners ask your self this, which one goes and down and value and which one just goes down in value?

If the price of HBN goes down, buy more. If the price goes up, take a bit off the table and pat yourself on the back.

With ASICS, you are basically chasing dragons and unicorns. It never ends and very few win in this hardware race.

At this point my hands are tied and I wont be getting anymore BTC to buy HBN until the 10th. Basically waiting for Tekcoin to produce some delicious BTC that I will roll over into HBN, depending on the price.

Also, I noticed that HBN is reacting how it should when the price of BTC goes down. Most coins just drop with the price of BTC. Logically alts that trade against BTC should rise in price, HBN is one of the few coins that have done this.
Mr. Net

Activity: 517
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 04:08:18 PM

Tested 0.00025 a few times now... may break loos anytime now.

Money Is Information
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: