Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:24:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HBN Investment Journal - 2% returns every ten days - 90,000+ HBN Porfolio  (Read 69821 times)
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:49:37 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2014, 08:03:04 PM by glendall

is it good to buy at thoses prices? 30K seems a bit high  to me even tought bids are still huge

Wow!  Shocked  guess so !

Couldn't believe it, woke up and checked out HBN on Cryptsy which I do daily, and, wow, selling for .0005 !  Did not see that coming.

The whole 'hindsight is 20-20' thing kicked in a moment later when I wish I bought a whole bunch more in the low teens, after it dipped down from the low 20's for a while, but hey, when trading you can't beat yourself up much against shots not made or made.

Anyways, I'm in the same position as a lot of people here it seems -- such is the beauty and attraction of PoS coins -- do you you sell when it is so high, or do you want to hold on even tighter now that your interest generating coins are worth all that much more?

I think I'm going to just generate stake coins for 6 months (which was my plan when I bought them originally) and then I'm going to sell the generated coins after that time is up. But I think the future looks bright for Hobonickels just alone on the strength of their wallet, which looks and functions better than any PoS coin wallet I know of.  I would not be shocked if we go back down to the '20s anytimes soon but I really highly doubt that HBN will ever fall below the point I bought into it (mostly around .00017-20).

Thanks Tokyo for starting your journal. HBN was a diamond in the rough and you got the coin some well-deserved attention. You helped grow your own portfolio's value while helping others do the same thing, on the up-and-up, and that's a great move in my books.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:24:02 PM

big pump n dump today. missed it totally tho Sad(

yolo
MarketNeutral

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:31:01 PM

Despite the pumps and dumps, I've never seen a coin with so many strong hands. Even such volatility doesn't seem to faze most HBN enthusiasts——more long-term steady confidence with this coin, which quickly settles the pumpers. This bodes well for the price long-term.
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:44:33 PM

Its actually because cryptsy took the HBN daemon offline to rescan the block chain. This made it so transfers into cryptsy didn't work.  Demand for coins was allowed to run wild without and supply able to come in. Once the daemon came back online all of the transfers came through at once and people dumped their coins. So not really a pump and dump, just technicalities with cryptsy. Wish they would announce it sooner.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:46:17 PM

my HBN journal is all about steady, sustainable profits. Plenty of people won and lost during that pump but remember this, quick buck artist come and go, but its the steady players who make money in any market condition.

If pump and dumps isnt a part of your trading style, then ignore them completely.
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:50:06 PM

Its actually because cryptsy took the HBN daemon offline to rescan the block chain. This made it so transfers into cryptsy didn't work.  Demand for coins was allowed to run wild without and supply able to come in. Once the daemon came back online all of the transfers came through at once and people dumped their coins. So not really a pump and dump, just technicalities with cryptsy. Wish they would announce it sooner.

Thanks for that info Presstab. It seems that project pump either picked the best or the worst time to pump HBN. Im pretty sure people lost plenty of coin-age trying to chase the dump. Which means that the professional PoS miners will have more weight against the network and mint more PoS blocks sooner.

I guess this pump just worked out to my advantage and I haven't sold a single HBN.
rgm108

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:50:35 PM

Sound advice. I was in it to buy some HBN when it came down.
Unfortunately it did not dump to better buying levels but now I have a few more to stake in the next 10 days.

SPECTRE                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
     ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
            │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │    ███
███  │    ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:42:27 AM

Pretty exciting day  Wink

Loved that action!  Didn't sell a µHBN today though, I'm still waiting to reach my goal so the stake can be that much more interesting... loved that idea Tokyo about grabbing a cold one while my 3 years old laptop's CPU churns away those numbers!

Stake away my friends... stake away and let them grow!  It will pay soon enough Smiley

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
Mr. Net

Activity: 517
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 09:40:18 AM

Lets get HBN on Mintpal!

I just voted with 0.14 BTC.

Money Is Information
FlungSpun

Activity: 414

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 10:48:29 AM

When I hover my mouse over the little green arrow on the 1.4 client it tells me

Staking..
you have 50% chance of producing a stake in xx hours

Is it just me or does anyone else get this stuck in their head ?

http://youtu.be/RWTHxt1XTfs

Maybe tomorrow I'll wanna place a sell
until tomorrow I'll just keep staking coin.

yeah I have probably just lost the plot .......
maybe at these prices I'm just in a hysterically good mood
unick

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 02:40:56 PM

When I hover my mouse over the little green arrow on the 1.4 client it tells me

Staking..
you have 50% chance of producing a stake in xx hours

Is it just me or does anyone else get this stuck in their head ?

http://youtu.be/RWTHxt1XTfs

Maybe tomorrow I'll wanna place a sell
until tomorrow I'll just keep staking coin.

yeah I have probably just lost the plot .......
maybe at these prices I'm just in a hysterically good mood

haha that's funny  Grin

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
coinerer

Activity: 1274
Merit: 588

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 12:14:12 PM

my HBN journal is all about steady, sustainable profits. Plenty of people won and lost during that pump but remember this, quick buck artist come and go, but its the steady players who make money in any market condition.

If pump and dumps isnt a part of your trading style, then ignore them completely.

2% every ten days?  Grin Sustainable?  Grin   

You must be joking Smiley

Pump and dump is your scamming style and you are ... ?   (Insert correct word instead of ...)

FlungSpun

Activity: 414

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 02:19:15 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2014, 05:47:50 PM by FlungSpun

^^ he obviously read and understood all the info ........

*edit to insert more obvious hostile sarcasm Smiley
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 03:21:49 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2014, 05:18:03 PM by presstab

2% every ten days?  Grin Sustainable?  Grin  

Pump and dump is your scamming style and you are ... ?   (Insert correct word instead of ...)

It sounds aggressive but when you do the numbers you will see that the monetary expansion is only a few 100 k coins ahead of the PoW target because often very small PoS blocks will crowd out the PoW blocks.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:35:27 AM

2% every ten days?  Grin Sustainable?  Grin  

Pump and dump is your scamming style and you are ... ?   (Insert correct word instead of ...)

It sounds aggressive but when you do the numbers you will see that the monetary expansion is only a few 100 k coins ahead of the PoW target because often very small PoS blocks will crowd out the PoW blocks.

Good points.

Also as the staking difficulty goes up, the interest declines. I guess once there are 8 million coins out there, maybe 1 year from now, the interest rate will be in the 90 percentage.

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
Gabri

Activity: 856
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:42:11 PM

This is one of my favorite posts on BitcoinTalk. I follow it since you opened it but I didn't invest on HBN from the begining because I didn't know the dev, the coin history... I entered a month ago aprox when it was at 10000. I can't be more happy of the decision and I'm not thinking of selling at all. I feel really safe with Tranz as dev and I'm convinced this coin has so much further to go. Thank you for opening this journal and helping others invest in real/valuable coins!
Jamesco

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:27:44 AM

Hey guys,

I was hoping you could help me with an idea I have. I have been following new scrypt asics for a while now, nearly buying a miner a few times. Now I was wondering(attempting to justify) buying a new miner and thought what if I divested 50% of HBN position to buy a miner and then pointed it at the multi pool to be paid out in HBN daily.

My question is wouldn't this increase the value of my other 50% HBN investment because the muli-pool would be buying HBN in the market to pay me? So I would not only be making a ROI through HBN mined but also increasing the price of my remaining position?

Also if we all agreed to buy miners together for the multi pool wouldn't this substantially increase the value of HBN as well?

Note: this is assuming I buy the latest best value ASIC as soon as it is released. Ofcourse I am also not including % lost due to 2% stake and increases in mining difficulty as well.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:00:19 AM

Whitecoin technical issues creating volatility for an entry point.  When the new devs take over, I don't think it's possible for the coin to never see 1000 again.  Seems like guaranteed money.  1000 is just the absolute lowest, low ball figure.  2000-4000+ is pretty easily achievable.

I am prepared to do battle on the orderbook if they want to battle me.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:43:33 AM

Hey guys,

I was hoping you could help me with an idea I have. I have been following new scrypt asics for a while now, nearly buying a miner a few times. Now I was wondering(attempting to justify) buying a new miner and thought what if I divested 50% of HBN position to buy a miner and then pointed it at the multi pool to be paid out in HBN daily.

My question is wouldn't this increase the value of my other 50% HBN investment because the muli-pool would be buying HBN in the market to pay me? So I would not only be making a ROI through HBN mined but also increasing the price of my remaining position?

Also if we all agreed to buy miners together for the multi pool wouldn't this substantially increase the value of HBN as well?

Note: this is assuming I buy the latest best value ASIC as soon as it is released. Ofcourse I am also not including % lost due to 2% stake and increases in mining difficulty as well.

Miners depreciate through time, so far HBN has appreciated with time Smiley

unick

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 10:40:11 AM

Hey guys,

That would be an interesting idea but a few issue must be taken into consideration.

Miners depreciate over time
ASIC miners wont be shipped before 2-3 months waiting time
Difficulties will likely rise rendering the miners less competitive and less profitable

What is unknown is how fast is the difficulty will rise in SCRYPT mining.

I don't think I would personally continue the mining race.  The window of ROI is rather small and you have to be quick to turn over your asset.

That being said, if you don't own any mining rigs you could have a few ASICS since mining is not only important to secure the block chain, it's also fun and can give you a way to enter any given market without investing BTC you previously have.

If you already own a rig, I would point it to hashco.ws and get paid in HBN right away.

The sell side of HBN has low volume, so we don't need that much people to point their rigs to the multipool to see a nice appreciation of the value of HBN.

Your reasoning about the multipool and appreciation of the other half of your investment by rising the price is correct.  What is hard to evaluate is, will HBN rise faster than the ASIC depreciate (and will your ASIC be able to buy you enough HBN at the multipool).  If you believe so, might be worth a shot, if you fear it's not, better hold to your current HBN position.  You also have to consider delivery time of your ASIC... if it takes 3 months to ship, where will HBN price be in 3 months? (if price goes up, it's good for your other half, but you will be buying less from the market with your ASIC miner, not even considering the negative impact of difficulty rising)

3 months ago, HBN was trading around 8k-10k sat, while I'm writing this it's at 53k sat.  Not only will you lose your stakes (2%) for that waiting period, but you might lose a nice appreciation too!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: