Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:07:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HBN Investment Journal - 2% returns every ten days - 90,000+ HBN Porfolio  (Read 69826 times)
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:40:01 AM

I am running off a Pi.

Sweet. I'd like to try that approach as well.

Could you give me a pointer on how to set up HoboNickels to run off a Raspberry Pi?

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:50:33 AM

I am running off a Pi.

Sweet. I'd like to try that approach as well.

Could you give me a pointer on how to set up HoboNickels to run off a Raspberry Pi?

Enjoy!
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/8233-pihobonickels/

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
gentacomp

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:18:31 AM

Hello Sir,
I did invest to pow/pos coin, let say 2 months ago, and Ive been read all your journal again and again since a month ago. But seems I cant find new coin like HBN. I did buy 0.1 each for YC WC YIN etc but all of them have many problem, not really big problem but I cant see any coin as stabil as HBN. I wish I can buy HBN but price to high now.

My guess right now is I should invest POW/POS no IPO with no PREMINE, or atleast premine as low as possible.

My question is :
How can you be sure to choose HBN for your investment ?
If you are me now and have 1 BTC, which coin will you invest ?

Thank you...

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/  Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Freebiescoin- 100% Free Distribution
Coffeecoin- 100% FREE Distribution:CC8zeK5Mq19W2yUdmhMXbLCmRqEkG7axTW
Let's color the MOON: YCtgk5JaBEt1WT7js29sh6W5my8dgcP2Sp
Meska

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 09:57:17 AM

Yeah, if the wallet is auto-combining that is definitely news to me. I was leaving it be but then everyone keeps claiming that combining into bigger chunks produces a bigger return over time so I just combined all my small pieces (anything under like 25hbn) together to see if I stake better.

I calculated returns based on small and big block scenarios.  Big blocks have a slight advantage but that assumes you combine blocks right after stake... So might have a disadvantage if you calculate lost age.

The more I lists. To Tranz the more I think everyone should aim to have small blocks that are up for stake.  The more blocks you have with weight the safer hbn will be against attacks. 

For me, who is PoW mining, and I think you're too presstab, I think the "small block" are bad for the PoW mining, because it makes the diff go to the moon.
We still have the 30s block, and after a lot of small blocks, the PoS blocks are appearing every "seconds", so it makes the diff goes really high.

I was thinking about this, like launching a "coin control combining blocks" campaign, to "motivate" HBN users to combine their small blocks.

So for me, as a PoW miner, I think "bigger" blocks give more return because the diff will increase "less" fast.

BTCTC: 1JiQmXauxsgc5aEygF7soxkaB717VgWVdH
HBN: EtWqbeUGWNYoB7WgW8ML14rxoxx7Bs4ySw
HBN 0.5% fees pool https://scrypt.io/hbn/
CrazyLoaf

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:54:15 PM

Any thoughts on AC? I recall you were heavily in it, but now the FUD going around is that there are 300M more coins floating around.
MarketNeutral

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:03:51 PM

Hello Sir,
I did invest to pow/pos coin, let say 2 months ago, and Ive been read all your journal again and again since a month ago. But seems I cant find new coin like HBN. I did buy 0.1 each for YC WC YIN etc but all of them have many problem, not really big problem but I cant see any coin as stabil as HBN. I wish I can buy HBN but price to high now.

My guess right now is I should invest POW/POS no IPO with no PREMINE, or atleast premine as low as possible.

My question is :

Thank you...

Only you can choose for yourself, and you should choose what you understand.

In my opinion, I suggest that you do not buy or support and IPO or premined coins. I cannot speak for any coin in particular, but I personally avoid almost every altcoin.

I do suggest Hobonickels because it has a strong dev and mature community support. Short-term profits are great, but most of us are here for the long run. 

Remember that ALL cryptocurrencies, including bitcoin, are very high risk. Do not invest any money you cannot afford to lose.
mighty jol

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 04:06:02 PM

i have been looking into AC myself, the dav looks like he knows what he s doing and market cap is greatly rising as volume is so fundamentals looks nice to me. i just don t like the new update they are doing right now (well i don t understand why they are doing it anyway). still it looks like a good investment to me.
still waiting to get tokyoghetto's opinion on this coin tought, could be interresting.

CrazyLoaf

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 04:09:27 PM

i have been looking into AC myself, the dav looks like he knows what he s doing and market cap is greatly rising as volume is so fundamentals looks nice to me. i just don t like the new update they are doing right now (well i don t understand why they are doing it anyway). still it looks like a good investment to me.
still waiting to get tokyoghetto's opinion on this coin tought, could be interresting.

Ummmm, you have heard about the potential 3B extra coins floating around right?
mighty jol

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 04:19:14 PM

yeah and guess what i ve heard about the fix from the dev too. thoses coins are not going to be a problem before months and the fix is in some days...so nothing to worry about honestly nothing has changed and you should consider it fixed

gentacomp

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 04:33:05 PM

Hello Sir,

My question is :

Thank you...

In my opinion, I suggest that you do not buy or support and IPO or premined coins. I cannot speak for any coin in particular, but I personally avoid almost every altcoin.

I do suggest Hobonickels because it has a strong dev and mature community support. Short-term profits are great, but most of us are here for the long run. 

Remember that ALL cryptocurrencies, including bitcoin, are very high risk. Do not invest any money you cannot afford to lose.

Thank you Sir,
Last question how to see it has strong dev ?
Wanna try new coin...

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/  Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Freebiescoin- 100% Free Distribution
Coffeecoin- 100% FREE Distribution:CC8zeK5Mq19W2yUdmhMXbLCmRqEkG7axTW
Let's color the MOON: YCtgk5JaBEt1WT7js29sh6W5my8dgcP2Sp
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 04:58:56 PM

my opinion about AC changed over night. I just woke up with a wicked hangover, only to see that AC dev may have pulled off a scam. I invested small size and I actually was going to use AC PoS mined coins to purchase distressed PoS/PoW coins. I never planned to hold AC past the 1 year mark when it goes from 100% to 2%.

I would probably stay away from AC until things settle down. The AC dev has promised a new blockchain with the correct amount of coins. But this is only because his scam was exposed. AC is a huge gamble right now, I am currently holding my coins to see if the dev follows through on his word. Its a lesson learned for me and I am thankful that I am diversified across the board.

Bansheroom

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 05:54:40 PM

my opinion about AC changed over night. I just woke up with a wicked hangover, only to see that AC dev may have pulled off a scam. I invested small size and I actually was going to use AC PoS mined coins to purchase distressed PoS/PoW coins. I never planned to hold AC past the 1 year mark when it goes from 100% to 2%.

I would probably stay away from AC until things settle down. The AC dev has promised a new blockchain with the correct amount of coins. But this is only because his scam was exposed. AC is a huge gamble right now, I am currently holding my coins to see if the dev follows through on his word. Its a lesson learned for me and I am thankful that I am diversified across the board.

AC? Look here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=594148.0 and read about this 3.2 BILLION premine SCAM!

Always get cryptonews, free bitcoins, free altcoins and free mining opportunities: follow @Bansheroom on Twitter
mighty jol

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 05:55:16 PM

hmm if it was a scam then why would he propose a fix to the community like that instead of running with the money.? it makes little sense to me, even tought the situation looks odd i want to hold and see what happens trough this update before i settle an opinion on if it s a scam or not

Bansheroom

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 07:34:52 PM

hmm if it was a scam then why would he propose a fix to the community like that instead of running with the money.? it makes little sense to me, even tought the situation looks odd i want to hold and see what happens trough this update before i settle an opinion on if it s a scam or not

because the old scam was exposed to fast to take enough profit?

Always get cryptonews, free bitcoins, free altcoins and free mining opportunities: follow @Bansheroom on Twitter
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 07:42:34 PM

Any thoughts on AC? I recall you were heavily in it, but now the FUD going around is that there are 300M more coins floating around.
http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/2014/5/3/asiacoin-proof-of-3-billion-extra-coins-in-existence?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
ASIACOIN : PROOF OF 3 BILLION EXTRA COINS IN EXISTENCe

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
MarketNeutral

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 07:42:43 PM

Hello Sir,

My question is :

Thank you...

Thank you Sir,
Wanna try new coin...

Tranz is here almost every day helping people with HBN. He's been around for a long time, and he's always been very professional. The HBN wallet has many features not found in other wallets, and the overall quality of the HBN wallet is because Tranz works so hard on it. When the OpenSSL heartbleed bug was found, for example, HBN was one of the first wallets to be updated.

For more information, go to the official website: hobonickels.info
unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 07:51:33 PM

because the old scam was exposed to fast to take enough profit?

This is a bit off topic for this journal, but maybe the precaution aspect is still relevant.

Come on!  how bad a dev team can you be that you launch a coin based on existing source, and you talk about "professionals" "hacks" "bugs" in your statement about the issue!?!

I read it was supposed to be 150 million coins, yet in the source it's more like 360 millions (I'd have to check again to make sure).  That is NOT a bug... that is just plain negligence or deliberate attempt in fooling people.

And then, when this gets exposed, in just a few hours, website, block explorer github is taken down!

The success in any business is constant work and dedication OVER TIME.  This sadly looks like a terrible attempt to make a quick profit coin.

I mean this is open source world.  Maybe try to look into these kind of obvious things before investing too much time/efforts/money into a project.

Plus, if you find a coin with the developer name being the same as the coin name... know to be careful (I'm not saying not to go for it, just pay more attention)!  Why wouldn't the dev to put a "real" handle with history there in the first place. If you come to think of it, take all those coins (dev name = coin name ) out and you should get a pretty interesting list of coins worth looking into!

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
Bansheroom

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:25:58 PM

Hello Sir,

My question is :

Thank you...

Thank you Sir,
Wanna try new coin...

Tranz is here almost every day helping people with HBN. He's been around for a long time, and he's always been very professional. The HBN wallet has many features not found in other wallets, and the overall quality of the HBN wallet is because Tranz works so hard on it. When the OpenSSL heartbleed bug was found, for example, HBN was one of the first wallets to be updated.

For more information, go to the official website: hobonickels.info

I agree, HBN is one of the coins thats best looked after at all.
The dev is very active, the homepage is one of the best out there in altcoin universe.
Also the wallet is really unique in a way that shows that Tranz has a very good understanding not only of coding but also of cryptocoins in general.

forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 01:59:06 PM

this journal is good i also got fooled by it but there is one thing u are all missing - tokyo is actually selliung you his HBNs PHS all the time.
he is proven to be in pump n dump groups, he made you follow - now you are feeding his pocket.

i sold all my PHS due to that, HBN is still have because i got on right time - before tokyo scammer changed price and i made him earn nothing.

now there is other coins based on PHS wallet which are staking even better but he lost the boat so he doesnt speak of them. instead of feeding pocket of tokyo bu buying his overpriced HBN/PHS better get into other coins based on PHS wallet:
LGD
ZC
UVC

and just laugh this guy in his face.

yolo
MarketNeutral

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 02:11:17 PM

this journal is good i also got fooled by it but there is one thing u are all missing - tokyo is actually selliung you his HBNs PHS all the time.
he is proven to be in pump n dump groups, he made you follow - now you are feeding his pocket.

i sold all my PHS due to that, HBN is still have because i got on right time - before tokyo scammer changed price and i made him earn nothing.

now there is other coins based on PHS wallet which are staking even better but he lost the boat so he doesnt speak of them. instead of feeding pocket of tokyo bu buying his overpriced HBN/PHS better get into other coins based on PHS wallet:
LGD
ZC
UVC

and just laugh this guy in his face.

Eagerly awaiting tokyoghetto's rebuttal.....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: