Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:54:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 [551] 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SCRYPT] KlondikeCoin ★ Cryptsy.com ★ Prepaid VISA Cards ★ 0% Premine [KDC]  (Read 554368 times)
hennessyhemp

Activity: 511
Merit: 500

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 06:32:37 PM

I started mining this pretty early from initial launch, and my holdings are literally worth about $5.00 now, so if you want to re-work the code to get this ship sailing again, by all means, make it worth something.  I think the goal should be to get onto Shapeshift.io as quickly as possible, and they are connected with Cryptsy (don't know how much, possibly just API).

That way, Amagi and any other bullion dealer can easily work with KDC, because they can immediately convert it to BTC.

So anything you do to revive any life back into this project, you have my blessing, buyout and lets call it a "Bounty-mine" (Pre-mine sounds solely beneficial to the creator).  Write some code, I'll try to let people know about it.

If the pre-mine was strictly a "bounty-mine" and the addresses and rewards were public and maybe even added to this thread, I think it'd go over better than if it's done at all privately, this coin was supposed to be 0% premine, but clearly that led to a lack of development, so bounties may be better, especially if those bounties included physical gold bullion. 

It'd be awesome to make a physical KDC coin.

I'd rather see people invest btc into bounties versus seeing a bounty-mine of sorts. Should never use the currency we are trying to build up in the sense of coding more, it dilutes itself as we are now acting like the FED and printing money to ensure KDC success. Agreed that it's a one time deal, but see the parallel? Not a guarantee that people with think that this is a problem, it may not be.  But even if Fuse coded in a million KDC, that's $300-400? The possible short-term negative impact could be more than the worth of the amount of KDC being put in a bounty-mine ---- unless he's buying gold with it, and there's not much gold he can buy with that. Credibility is still not the issue here, Fuse is the man and Criptoe is the team behind/with the man!

The solution is to find investors with BTC in hand. It will take the faith of a few people with a few btc to spare. To do this, miners who are holding a LOT of KDC may be called upon to sell some of their stashs via escrow for BTC to be held by Criptoe, or issue promissary notes to those investors to be rewarded after KDC really kicks off. We need investment backing, not for price exploitation either. A small pump would be good to draw the crowd back to signal that KDC is back, mainly for the people watching the exchanges, but nothing to high. Moderation is key with that. And we're going to have to escrow all the gold and btc collected into a KDC, L.L.C. holding company. Time to get serious and official if we want KDC to live. That's down the road, yes, but it can't be too far down the road.

So Fuse, if you want to code in the bounty-mine, go for it. While it's not going to affect the long term as it's a drop in the bucket, it's not going to affect the short term either unless KDC is worth more today or tomorrow, but short-term with with a chance of negative impact. If I'd start to invest $1000's in to KDC, I'd definitely want some of the bounty-mine, so that means you're going to have to sell the bounty-mine at a much higher price than what's available at cryptsy. I'm not saying I'm going to invest $1000's, but ya never know. Wink But that's the mindframe we need to have. Think about how GAW raised all the money to get where Garza is today with his bank investor guy, I forget his name at this moment, and aside from the other businesses Garza owns. But point is, GAW has financial backing up the arse. We need to replicate.

I'd be really hesitant to use GAW as an example...scamming people isn't the way to do it either.  His BS PR campaign and company that "bought" the domain BTC.com from his other company for 1million dollars so they could say they bought it for 1mil, when in fact, that money doesn't exist.

I get how pre-mining is like the fed to some degree, which is why I expressed how I didn't like the idea to begin with, making it investor-centric seems like it games the system into becoming a pump and dump.  I don't really know how to solve this issue, but like I said, don't use GAW's impressive snake oil sales as an example.

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 07:55:58 PM

I started mining this pretty early from initial launch, and my holdings are literally worth about $5.00 now, so if you want to re-work the code to get this ship sailing again, by all means, make it worth something.  I think the goal should be to get onto Shapeshift.io as quickly as possible, and they are connected with Cryptsy (don't know how much, possibly just API).

That way, Amagi and any other bullion dealer can easily work with KDC, because they can immediately convert it to BTC.

So anything you do to revive any life back into this project, you have my blessing, buyout and lets call it a "Bounty-mine" (Pre-mine sounds solely beneficial to the creator).  Write some code, I'll try to let people know about it.

If the pre-mine was strictly a "bounty-mine" and the addresses and rewards were public and maybe even added to this thread, I think it'd go over better than if it's done at all privately, this coin was supposed to be 0% premine, but clearly that led to a lack of development, so bounties may be better, especially if those bounties included physical gold bullion. 

It'd be awesome to make a physical KDC coin.

I'd rather see people invest btc into bounties versus seeing a bounty-mine of sorts. Should never use the currency we are trying to build up in the sense of coding more, it dilutes itself as we are now acting like the FED and printing money to ensure KDC success. Agreed that it's a one time deal, but see the parallel? Not a guarantee that people with think that this is a problem, it may not be.  But even if Fuse coded in a million KDC, that's $300-400? The possible short-term negative impact could be more than the worth of the amount of KDC being put in a bounty-mine ---- unless he's buying gold with it, and there's not much gold he can buy with that. Credibility is still not the issue here, Fuse is the man and Criptoe is the team behind/with the man!

The solution is to find investors with BTC in hand. It will take the faith of a few people with a few btc to spare. To do this, miners who are holding a LOT of KDC may be called upon to sell some of their stashs via escrow for BTC to be held by Criptoe, or issue promissary notes to those investors to be rewarded after KDC really kicks off. We need investment backing, not for price exploitation either. A small pump would be good to draw the crowd back to signal that KDC is back, mainly for the people watching the exchanges, but nothing to high. Moderation is key with that. And we're going to have to escrow all the gold and btc collected into a KDC, L.L.C. holding company. Time to get serious and official if we want KDC to live. That's down the road, yes, but it can't be too far down the road.

So Fuse, if you want to code in the bounty-mine, go for it. While it's not going to affect the long term as it's a drop in the bucket, it's not going to affect the short term either unless KDC is worth more today or tomorrow, but short-term with with a chance of negative impact. If I'd start to invest $1000's in to KDC, I'd definitely want some of the bounty-mine, so that means you're going to have to sell the bounty-mine at a much higher price than what's available at cryptsy. I'm not saying I'm going to invest $1000's, but ya never know. Wink But that's the mindframe we need to have. Think about how GAW raised all the money to get where Garza is today with his bank investor guy, I forget his name at this moment, and aside from the other businesses Garza owns. But point is, GAW has financial backing up the arse. We need to replicate.

I'd be really hesitant to use GAW as an example...scamming people isn't the way to do it either.  His BS PR campaign and company that "bought" the domain BTC.com from his other company for 1million dollars so they could say they bought it for 1mil, when in fact, that money doesn't exist.

I get how pre-mining is like the fed to some degree, which is why I expressed how I didn't like the idea to begin with, making it investor-centric seems like it games the system into becoming a pump and dump.  I don't really know how to solve this issue, but like I said, don't use GAW's impressive snake oil sales as an example.

Lets be honest about the outlook.  For KDC to become a valid altcoin, especially with it's current branding, it will need to be tied to gold in some way.  Whether thats a partnership with Amagi/Agora or similar, or directly tied to the fluctuating price of gold(which is an idea that I am proposing for future updates).  Either way KDC needs to have a purpose.

At this time, we're not talking about purpose.  That shouldn't even be in our vocabulary until we can provide the basic services and features that this coin needs.  These services should include exchange trading, a block explorer, mobile wallets, and most importantly- steady, consistent mining.  The blockchain is the heart of any coin.  If it stops beating, or it beats irregularly, you have problems.  So for the time being, my primary focus is to get mining to a place that will sustain heavy adoption by miners.

As far as the pre-mine/bounty-mine goes, I am in full agreement that it should be a publicly accountable entity.  All transactions will be recorded in a ledger, viewable by the community.  Bounties and fees will be approved by the community before large amounts are spent on outside dev work.  Transparency is key here.  If I had to compare the proposed rollout of the pre-mine to another coin, I would say NLG(Guldencoin) would be the desired model.

I don't necessarily agree with the idea of promissory notes, or bonds, of any kind.  It screams IPO to me, and I don't want to be responsible or accountable for any failure to repay investments.  While investors would be nice, we need to get to a place where we have purpose for the investment.  And as I've said before, our focus right now needs to be blockchain stability and mining adoption.  When we can provide solid foundations to build on, we can look for investments to make some of those wow moments to happen.

100% agree with the statements about snake-oil.  I'm not about smoke and mirrors practices, and neither are my team.  I'm sure Halofire agrees, and his statements were more about the investor backing of GAW rather than GAW itself.  He's been pretty clear in the NLG thread that he's anti-GAW.  As am I.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 02:29:49 AM

snip quotes for TL,DR  Roll Eyes

Lets be honest about the outlook.  For KDC to become a valid altcoin, especially with it's current branding, it will need to be tied to gold in some way.  Whether thats a partnership with Amagi/Agora or similar, or directly tied to the fluctuating price of gold(which is an idea that I am proposing for future updates).  Either way KDC needs to have a purpose.

At this time, we're not talking about purpose.  That shouldn't even be in our vocabulary until we can provide the basic services and features that this coin needs.  These services should include exchange trading, a block explorer, mobile wallets, and most importantly- steady, consistent mining.  The blockchain is the heart of any coin.  If it stops beating, or it beats irregularly, you have problems.  So for the time being, my primary focus is to get mining to a place that will sustain heavy adoption by miners.

As far as the pre-mine/bounty-mine goes, I am in full agreement that it should be a publicly accountable entity.  All transactions will be recorded in a ledger, viewable by the community.  Bounties and fees will be approved by the community before large amounts are spent on outside dev work.  Transparency is key here.  If I had to compare the proposed rollout of the pre-mine to another coin, I would say NLG(Guldencoin) would be the desired model.

I don't necessarily agree with the idea of promissory notes, or bonds, of any kind.  It screams IPO to me, and I don't want to be responsible or accountable for any failure to repay investments.  While investors would be nice, we need to get to a place where we have purpose for the investment.  And as I've said before, our focus right now needs to be blockchain stability and mining adoption.  When we can provide solid foundations to build on, we can look for investments to make some of those wow moments to happen.

100% agree with the statements about snake-oil.  I'm not about smoke and mirrors practices, and neither are my team.  I'm sure Halofire agrees, and his statements were more about the investor backing of GAW rather than GAW itself.  He's been pretty clear in the NLG thread that he's anti-GAW.  As am I.

-Fuse

I am very anti-Gaw. So anti-gaw that I still have an $850 store credit I haven't used, and probably can't since they don't offer anything for sale at their website. He thinks he's won an extra $850 but I never accepted terms to have a "store credit" and is why I haven't used it after selling me an ASIC with double the power specs than advertised. (I also have over 20 emails of how GAW tried to sucker me into buying 3 or 4 5-chip gridseeds for $1200 when they were selling for $100 a pop, and that's if I bought a bulk amount - math doesn't lie.) I offered him to pay me in LTC or BTC in exchange for my store credit, I'd even take less than $850 in coins, I have since deleted any posts about that but the offer is still there, Mr. Garza -- if you're reading this. But that's my personal thing. So yeah. I'm anti-GAW and see right through everything he does. I was DEFINITELY just pointing out about his original investor and financial backing, not his methods of obtaining more $$$ at the expense of the world. I hope this made my reference clear enough now.

Anywho, back to KDC.

Fuse, everything goes hand-in-hand. I guess that's the point I was trying to bring across, to attract miners, we need more than blockchain stability although that's a start. There's no way to check on the blockchain or obtain a wallet so I wouldn't be able to speak on that, I've picked up a few coins along the way as I saw opportunity but I can't even put them in a wallet. I see your point but you made it sound like you didn't want to put in the effort if no one commented, so I commented and then commented some more.
-snip-
Is it too late for KDC?  I'm ready to put some time into getting this running again, but is the community interested in bringing this back?

-Fuse
So all these ideas I'm flooding the forum with are meant to stimulate more conversation and to spark interest and keep you going, my friend. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

To requote you on the issues at hand:
...our focus right now needs to be blockchain stability and mining adoption.  When we can provide solid foundations to build on, we can look for investments to make some of those wow moments to happen
I feel it's going to take more than just fixing the what the other dev left behind. Sorry if I'm throwing things off-course, it's just my experience and observations for the last 1.5 years that have been leading me to say the things I've said, and you know I'm all for the greater good. I was trying to attract those miners we are trying to gain. Maybe I am a minute too early, maybe not. We'll see. I support you in however or whichever way you decide to go. I know you aren't looking negatively at my ideas and are fully receptive, like we both say, maybe it's just the wrong time.

I'm also trying to bring awareness to the BCT community by keeping KDC up front in the altcoin forum, and that I know we are doing well. Wink

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 04:32:01 AM

I am very anti-Gaw. So anti-gaw that I still have an $850 store credit I haven't used, and probably can't since they don't offer anything for sale at their website. He thinks he's won an extra $850 but I never accepted terms to have a "store credit" and is why I haven't used it after selling me an ASIC with double the power specs than advertised. (I also have over 20 emails of how GAW tried to sucker me into buying 3 or 4 5-chip gridseeds for $1200 when they were selling for $100 a pop, and that's if I bought a bulk amount - math doesn't lie.) I offered him to pay me in LTC or BTC in exchange for my store credit, I'd even take less than $850 in coins, I have since deleted any posts about that but the offer is still there, Mr. Garza -- if you're reading this. But that's my personal thing. So yeah. I'm anti-GAW and see right through everything he does. I was DEFINITELY just pointing out about his original investor and financial backing, not his methods of obtaining more $$$ at the expense of the world. I hope this made my reference clear enough now.

Anywho, back to KDC.

Fuse, everything goes hand-in-hand. I guess that's the point I was trying to bring across, to attract miners, we need more than blockchain stability although that's a start. There's no way to check on the blockchain or obtain a wallet so I wouldn't be able to speak on that, I've picked up a few coins along the way as I saw opportunity but I can't even put them in a wallet. I see your point but you made it sound like you didn't want to put in the effort if no one commented, so I commented and then commented some more.
-snip-
Is it too late for KDC?  I'm ready to put some time into getting this running again, but is the community interested in bringing this back?

-Fuse
So all these ideas I'm flooding the forum with are meant to stimulate more conversation and to spark interest and keep you going, my friend. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

...our focus right now needs to be blockchain stability and mining adoption.  When we can provide solid foundations to build on, we can look for investments to make some of those wow moments to happen
I feel it's going to take more than just fixing the what the other dev left behind. Sorry if I'm throwing things off-course, it's just my experience and observations for the last 1.5 years that have been leading me to say the things I've said, and you know I'm all for the greater good. I was trying to attract those miners we are trying to gain. Maybe I am a minute too early, maybe not. We'll see. I support you in however or whichever way you decide to go. I know you aren't looking negatively at my ideas and are fully receptive, like we both say, maybe it's just the wrong time.

I'm also trying to bring awareness to the BCT community by keeping KDC up front in the altcoin forum, and that I know we are doing well. Wink

I fully appreciate your comments, and I welcome any suggestions you may have.  My comment about the community not commenting was more towards anyone that may be reading this thread and not commenting, not you.

I'll be working on verifying all the code this weekend, and running a small testnet.  If all looks good, I'll post the updated code by Monday.  Between now and then, we can continue the conversation and see how things go.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 04:52:28 PM

Anywho, back to KDC.

-snip-

-Fuse

I fully appreciate your comments, and I welcome any suggestions you may have.  My comment about the community not commenting was more towards anyone that may be reading this thread and not commenting, not you.

I'll be working on verifying all the code this weekend, and running a small testnet.  If all looks good, I'll post the updated code by Monday.  Between now and then, we can continue the conversation and see how things go.

-Fuse

What I made blue above, I know it had nothing to do with me. I was stoking the forum brainstorm, to attract people. Smiley

Yay, new wallet release coming soon! Smiley

KickAzzDude

Activity: 519
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 05:24:49 PM

About the premine you suggest, I think it would be better just buying out some coins and donating some to the team. The price is really low right now and it would help stimulate the market a bit, could catch more peoples attention. There isn't many for sale as far as I can see on cryptsy tho, what amount did you plan to premine for development and such?

ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 04:09:13 AM

About the premine you suggest, I think it would be better just buying out some coins and donating some to the team. The price is really low right now and it would help stimulate the market a bit, could catch more peoples attention. There isn't many for sale as far as I can see on cryptsy tho, what amount did you plan to premine for development and such?

Current volume is the issue with trying to buy out existing coins on the exchange.  Additionally, it could be perceived as an attempt to pump and dump.  Honestly, I'd much rather mine a single block for the pre-mine and not worry about the exchange and user donations as a means to raise coin capitol.  Users donated a lot to this coin originally, and look where it ended up.  I don't want users having to go through that again.

As far as a pre-mine amount goes, I was thinking something in the ballpark of 500k-1mil.  The problem with picking a number is what happens if KDC skyrockets and the coin becomes extremely valuable?  On the other hand, if we don't pre-mine enough and the coin stays at current levels, your talking pennies.  1 million KDC at current rates is less than $400.  It's a drop in the bucket at current rates, and it isn't going to get us anywhere until the community starts getting involved again and the coin is working.  Essentially the pre-mine will come in to play a few months down the road when this coin comes back to life.

Another thing to note is if the community wants to donate their money towards making KDC a viable altcoin, I'd rather see them work on individual projects to promote the coin rather than throwing money at the team and developers.  Take the $10, $25, $50 in BTC you were going to use to make a donation and make some info sheets to send to coin shops and PM dealers.  Put together business cards sized info cards to hand out to people.  Buy a shirt with the KDC logo on it and where it places where people will ask what the shirt is about.  IMO, that's a much better use of community funds if a pre-mine can take it's place.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 04:44:55 AM

Current volume is the issue with trying to buy out existing coins on the exchange.  Additionally, it could be perceived as an attempt to pump and dump.  

snip

-Fuse

I disagree if there's an announcement of who is buying what, in the official thread, like so:

Person "A" is buying "x" amount of KDC to donate for bounty/fund "z".

Transparency at it's best. It doesn't have to be you Fuse, any community member can do this, but the follow-through of why they are buying the KDC is key as to not set off flags for that pump and dump scenario.

People with KDC could sell some of their KDC the old fashioned way via the WTS or WTB in the forum here. If an escrow is necessary, I can make my services available once we have a wallet up and running, and I can provide details such as credentials. But this is down the road. Feedback on this would obviously be necessary before you make the premine block.

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 05:37:09 PM

What's the story, morning glory?  Wink

ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 05:44:33 PM

I've been banging my head against the wall trying to get a windows compile environment configured.  Who would have thought that the windows compile process would be such a pain in the ass?  I have been pretty busy the last week with work though, so it's been a slow going process.

I've been looking at people who offer compile/qt design services.  I might just bite the bullet and hire someone.  Some even offer custom wallet design, which may be a nice bonus.

Also, I'm still on the fence about the pre-mine, and I need to make a final decision before I push a final wallet build.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
macorcina

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 11:12:22 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2015, 11:25:08 PM by macorcina

I see that the KDC reborn.  Roll Eyes  in a backup I have wallet.dat with coins.
i download :
klondikecoin-qt-V2-fixed.rar 8.2 MB
https://mega.co.nz/#!ch5E0AIB!iJ5FVIHepDkW1y07_bglE855MoV5Zb0EOMgNZBDalfQ
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=407705.msg8690914#msg8690914
and conf
addnode=criptoe.com
addnode=217.146.78.88
addnode=199.103.61.149
addnode=5.9.73.53
addnode=66.172.33.47
addnode=162.243.6.127
addnode=37.187.9.53
addnode=188.226.176.232
addnode=203.20.114.252
addnode=50.46.227.59
addnode=162.243.47.14
addnode=204.11.237.73
addnode=94.23.241.56
addnode=54.90.115.191
addnode=188.165.194.96
addnode=192.99.148.34
addnode=107.170.142.25
addnode=50.149.31.242
/////////////////////////////////////////

My question is whether this is the last functional version of wallet. ?I started to synchronize wallet from zero.   I have 8 network connections.
whether it is correct blokchain ?
for new development ,  my suggestion is  POS., and CPU minig, like CSD coin , or XMG coin....
sorry for my English .
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 12:05:26 AM

I see that the KDC reborn.  Roll Eyes  in a backup I have wallet.dat with coins.
i download :
klondikecoin-qt-V2-fixed.rar 8.2 MB
https://mega.co.nz/#!ch5E0AIB!iJ5FVIHepDkW1y07_bglE855MoV5Zb0EOMgNZBDalfQ
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=407705.msg8690914#msg8690914
My question is whether this is the last functional version of wallet. ?I started to synchronize wallet from zero.   I have 8 network connections.
whether it is correct blokchain ?
for new development ,  my suggestion is  POS., and CPU minig, like CSD coin , or XMG coin....
sorry for my English .

That is the last functional compiled windows wallet.  The github repo was the last code change made by the old team, so the code can be compiled from there if needed.

As far as the coin specifics go, it will stay POW.  I may at some point look at moving over to the Digibyte codebase for multi-device mining, but it will never go CPU mining only.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 11:26:29 AM

Is it just me, or is the network stuck? It's coming up to 3 days since the last block. I had 30MH/s on KDC for about 15 hours today, and it didn't find a block. Should have found several over that time period.
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 03:17:45 PM

Is it just me, or is the network stuck? It's coming up to 3 days since the last block. I had 30MH/s on KDC for about 15 hours today, and it didn't find a block. Should have found several over that time period.

What are you syncing your wallet to?  Do you have Criptoe.com in your config as an addnode.  If you've spent 15 hours mining, regardless of the hashrate, you would have pulled every block that should have been found in that span of time.

The reason it has been 3 days since the last block is because I turned my miners off 3 days ago.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:04:33 PM

I've been banging my head against the wall trying to get a windows compile environment configured.  Who would have thought that the windows compile process would be such a pain in the ass?  I have been pretty busy the last week with work though, so it's been a slow going process.

I've been looking at people who offer compile/qt design services.  I might just bite the bullet and hire someone.  Some even offer custom wallet design, which may be a nice bonus.

Also, I'm still on the fence about the pre-mine, and I need to make a final decision before I push a final wallet build.

-Fuse

Yeah, I hear that about compiling a wallet. DIEM dev maybe able to help compile with you. He's a nice guy, and rescued CGA from major issues.

You can always push a new wallet through, and add a premine in another wallet later on. That's an option, too. The network is small enough for now that it won't be hard to get everyone on the same wallet. But this would be a great way to feel out the community and give you more time, while still providing the stability to attract steady mining.

almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 09:48:08 AM

What are you syncing your wallet to?  Do you have Criptoe.com in your config as an addnode.  If you've spent 15 hours mining, regardless of the hashrate, you would have pulled every block that should have been found in that span of time.

The reason it has been 3 days since the last block is because I turned my miners off 3 days ago.

-Fuse

That's the point, even if I had forked away, a 30MH/s miner for 15 hours @3.3 difficulty should have found multiple blocks.

I doubt that you switching off your miner would stop the network. I run a private 50-80MH/s multipool which pokes KDC several times per day, and in this instance, I noticed the long time since the last block, and manually set some hashing power on it.

I'm connected to 107.170.142.25 (criptoe.com) and 21 other peers.

25-Jan-2015 03:22:30 height: 412300  difficulty: 0.05964668  tx: 1
25-Jan-2015 03:22:32 height: 412301  difficulty: 0.10737282  tx: 1
25-Jan-2015 03:22:33 height: 412302  difficulty: 0.19775793  tx: 1
25-Jan-2015 03:22:35 height: 412303  difficulty: 0.21350105  tx: 1
25-Jan-2015 03:22:36 height: 412304  difficulty: 0.31846344  tx: 1
25-Jan-2015 03:22:39 height: 412305  difficulty: 0.45474732  tx: 1
25-Jan-2015 03:22:40 height: 412306  difficulty: 1.12833801  tx: 1
28-Jan-2015 14:46:48 height: 412307  difficulty: 3.36813906  tx: 1     *****
28-Jan-2015 14:47:00 height: 412308  difficulty: 0.00025198  tx: 1
28-Jan-2015 14:47:07 height: 412309  difficulty: 0.00024414  tx: 1
28-Jan-2015 14:47:13 height: 412310  difficulty: 0.00024414  tx: 1
28-Jan-2015 14:47:19 height: 412311  difficulty: 0.00024414  tx: 1
28-Jan-2015 14:47:25 height: 412312  difficulty: 0.00024414  tx: 1
28-Jan-2015 14:47:32 height: 412313  difficulty: 0.00024414  tx: 1
28-Jan-2015 14:47:38 height: 412314  difficulty: 0.00024414  tx: 2
28-Jan-2015 14:47:44 height: 412315  difficulty: 0.00024414  tx: 1
28-Jan-2015 14:47:50 height: 412316  difficulty: 0.00024414  tx: 1

Block 412307 was finally solved earlier today, after nearly 3 1/2 days. Because of the large gap between blocks, difficulty immediately dropped to minimum; some lucky miner(s) would have made some quick and easy KDC.

My miner has found plenty of blocks since the freeze. (edit: although I didn't solve 412307, I see I'm one of those lucky miners. Wink )
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 02:22:56 PM

What are you syncing your wallet to?  Do you have Criptoe.com in your config as an addnode.  If you've spent 15 hours mining, regardless of the hashrate, you would have pulled every block that should have been found in that span of time.

-Fuse

That's the point, even if I had forked away, a 30MH/s miner for 15 hours @3.3 difficulty should have found multiple blocks.

I doubt that you switching off your miner would stop the network. I run a private 50-80MH/s multipool which pokes KDC several times per day, and in this instance, I noticed the long time since the last block, and manually set some hashing power on it.

I'm connected to 107.170.142.25 (criptoe.com) and 21 other peers.

Block 412307 was finally solved earlier today, after nearly 3 1/2 days. Because of the large gap between blocks, difficulty immediately dropped to minimum; some lucky miner(s) would have made some quick and easy KDC.

My miner has found plenty of blocks since the freeze. (edit: although I didn't solve 412307, I see I'm one of those lucky miners. Wink )

I can assure you that until I switched my miner off, my miner was the sole miner on whatever chain I was on.  I'd turn them off and the wallet wouldn't update, saying the last block was the last one my miner found.  When I turned them back on, the chain would update.  I was finding close to the exact number of blocks that should be found in a day.

So I'm wondering now if you forked those 15 hours, regardless of the peers you were connected to.  It wouldn't be hard to cause a fork with the non-existant hashrate.  But you would have eventually written that 15 hours of mining into the chain, and the chain would have taken your fork.

But you're saying that you didn't find any blocks in that 15 hours.  I'm at a loss on that one, mate.  The only thing I could think was that the blocks were rejected.  Have you checked your debug.log file, or your multipool log file?  Either would provide explanation as to what happened during that time.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 10:08:50 PM

It was literally no blocks found - 0 accepted, 0 rejected. I switched the miner to another coin momentarily to confirm it was working.

My system has had no apparent problems finding blocks up to the 'freeze', nor after the network started moving again.
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 11:07:17 PM

It was literally no blocks found - 0 accepted, 0 rejected. I switched the miner to another coin momentarily to confirm it was working.

My system has had no apparent problems finding blocks up to the 'freeze', nor after the network started moving again.

So your logs themselves didn't show block data?  That sounds like the mining on your end wasn't running properly then.  If it was submitting shares or block hashes for confirmation or rejection, you would have at least seen this in the debug.log file for the wallet, or the pool logs, if you set up logging.

The only other explanation would be that the wallet wasn't fully synced, but even then your pool software would have notified you or your miner would have shut down due to wallet connection errors.

Not exactly sure what else it could be at this point  Huh

-Fuse

Community > Devs
toldy

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 01:16:26 AM

To find out if you are on the right chain is quite easy.

Buy a few KDC from Cryptsy and transfer them to your wallet. If you get them, you're on the right chain.

Or vice-versa, send cryptsy some KDC and see if they get it.

Also your "getinfo" on the wallet, should show this:

"version" : 80602,
    "protocolversion" : 70003,
    "walletversion" : 60000,

Protocol version is the most important.

As far as restarting KDC, a lot of people would come back to this coin, it left a soft spot in their heart when it didn't "pan out" [pun intended].

The thing I for-see though, is that how can new devs get control of the github? Or are you thinking of a community take over with hard fork?  If it is the latter, you'd have to find out what obstacles are in your way as far as getting Cryptsy or other exchanges to support it.

Have you tried contacting any of the previous devs or community leaders? I bet some of them have private email addresses to the original dev team and could help get you access to the official github.

Good luck.

New venture: Your data in an real underground bunker. Interesting. http://tinyurl.com/msm8t3u
Pages: « 1 ... 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 [551] 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 »
  Print  

Jump to: