Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:12:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 [502] 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 ... 563 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SCRYPT] KlondikeCoin ★ Cryptsy.com ★ Prepaid VISA Cards ★ 0% Premine [KDC]  (Read 554370 times)
tuner

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:41:06 PM

looks like only klondikecoin.conf works, just tested now
Is klondike.conf the proper name for this file or is it klondikecoin.conf?
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vlight

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:56:59 PM

looks like only klondikecoin.conf works, just tested now
Is klondike.conf the proper name for this file or is it klondikecoin.conf?
ok, thanks. That's a start.  Shocked
MaKii

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:06:20 PM

Blockexplorer down again..

buy gold !
viriat0

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:15:14 PM

Blockexplorer down again..

+1 Faucet Down !!
vlight

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:15:19 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 11:29:08 PM by vlight

Finally i've managed to start sync the wallet  :')

What worked is i've created 'klondikecoin-qt-V2-fixed.bat' file with
Code:
klondikecoin-qt-V2-fixed.exe -addnode=88.208.205.216

No luck with the klondikecoin.conf .. a bug?

Edit: it works with klondikecoin.conf after full sync   Grin

Edit 2: after a few minutes it does not even need klondikecoin.conf  wtf has happened  Huh Shocked
MaKii

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:45:39 PM

i am glad that my wallet is working the hole time without an config file ^^

yaaay price is rising on mintpal  Grin

buy gold !
LeBarton

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:49:07 AM

Fuck men, those altcoins has been suffering. Lost 80% of my investment in the last few weeks Sad, sometimes i'm wondering, are people really selling with a lose? Why did they mine it? etc...

Now the problem is , every day new coins, but not everyday new investors that want to in invest 10BTC or so.

KDC and SUN.. both im on loose now [if i sold at current price] but both i love heh.

I'm also back mining SUN Smiley I will just mine , mine, mine, mine and wait, maybe a very long time, but waiting till some of them fly to the moon Smiley Saturn was also trading at 2sats a long time and it hit 10 sats, so...

Saturn was hit hard by Cryptsy now it's selling at 3/4 sat, almost the minimum that's why many are buying. I grabbed a few. Now only two things can happen. Or it dies or it rises. I think big investors still prefer Dodge - with v1.6 smaller miners are set to get more and the diff has suddenly gone up.

What possible scenarios could KDCs landing on Cryptsy open? That's the big question. Would it attract more miners, big investors or will it suffer like Saturn? Whatever the case 80% of its survival depends on the devs [No-premine is always a good start] and 20 on this encouraging community.   
As the price hasn't significantly raised since we are on mintpal, the landing on cryptsy won't be that hard imo. And so far, it's good news for me, I see posts with people trying to sync their wallets, so we have new fellow klondike believers/miners/investors. The community is growing and volume is steady, the coin is healthy. The dev is good and listening the community, and we have another secret weapon: the marketing team! They have done an amazing work in a short time period ! Thanks to them.
LeBarton

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 01:54:01 AM

Finally i've managed to start sync the wallet  :')

What worked is i've created 'klondikecoin-qt-V2-fixed.bat' file with
Code:
klondikecoin-qt-V2-fixed.exe -addnode=88.208.205.216

No luck with the klondikecoin.conf .. a bug?

Edit: it works with klondikecoin.conf after full sync   Grin

Edit 2: after a few minutes it does not even need klondikecoin.conf  wtf has happened  Huh Shocked
A gold rush requires some efforts before picking up that golden nugget  Grin
jackdminer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:07:59 AM

How can you be a BEAR in a market where you cannot establish a short position?  

Your either BUYING to OPEN (BULL) or SELLING to CLOSE (NEUTRAL).  No market I have seen allows you to SELL to OPEN (BEAR).  If you cannot SELL which you do not own you cannot SHORT, if you cannot sell SHORT you cannot be a BEAR!!  Of course in the world of ALT COINS you can also 'mine to open' but since your a net holder of the underlying (coins) your technically LONG making you a BULL.

A BEAR in true terms sells first to open a position and buys back to close a position hopefully at a lower price so he can profit.  If he buys back at a higher price he takes a loss.

Being short or long is about the trade/position you take. Being bear is about the opinion you have. So yes you can be bear on a market that cannot be shorted. It just means that in your opinion the price of the asset will go down.

For example you can even say a news is bearish for a market and as far as I know, news dont put on trades : people do.
Correct, you can have a bearish opinion but there is no mechanism to deploy to profit from or express such an opinion in the market if you can not sell to open.  Bears can not influence price when the market order mechanism is one sided.  This is why politicians always want to ban short selling when the shit hits the fan.  Smiley

You don't seem to have a very firm grasp for how markets work. Short selling has zero to do with the price of anything, its just someone betting that the price of whatever you are selling short will go down at some point in the future. However, if the majority of a market has a bearish attitude then that decreases the number of buyers in that market, while also increasing the number of sellers, and thus prices go down. There are less buyers because most rational people will not purchase something they believe is going to go down in value and more people will sell because they believe they can get in cheaper in the future.

From investopedia:
Definition of 'Bear Market'

A market condition in which the prices of securities are falling, and widespread pessimism causes the negative sentiment to be self-sustaining. As investors anticipate losses in a bear market and selling continues, pessimism only grows.

...short selling has nothing to do with price movement...

Now that's the funniest thing I have heard all day...  That might be true if your trading 10 lots of SPY.  It's not my market knowledge I'd question with a statement like that!

AIG, FRE,FNM, AND C didn't crash and burn 5 years ago because longs sold, or no buyers were in sight.  No those stocks cratered because they were borrowed and sold...  Actually several firms didn't even secure the borrow and shorted positions they had no right to. 

Short selling certainly can impact price, but what do I know! LOL.

forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:50:27 AM

sad price is bak to low now.. im loosing hope here. i may sell all my 6k left and just move to others.

yolo
jackdminer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:00:21 AM

Your either BUYING to OPEN (BULL) or SELLING to CLOSE (NEUTRAL).  No market I have seen allows you to SELL to OPEN (BEAR).  If you cannot SELL which you do not own you cannot SHORT, if you cannot sell SHORT you cannot be a BEAR!!  Of course in the world of ALT COINS you can also 'mine to open' but since your a net holder of the underlying (coins) your technically LONG making you a BULL.

A BEAR in true terms sells first to open a position and buys back to close a position hopefully at a lower price so he can profit.  If he buys back at a higher price he takes a loss.

Being short or long is about the trade/position you take. Being bear is about the opinion you have. So yes you can be bear on a market that cannot be shorted. It just means that in your opinion the price of the asset will go down.

For example you can even say a news is bearish for a market and as far as I know, news dont put on trades : people do.
Correct, you can have a bearish opinion but there is no mechanism to deploy to profit from or express such an opinion in the market if you can not sell to open.  Bears can not influence price when the market order mechanism is one sided.  This is why politicians always want to ban short selling when the shit hits the fan.  Smiley

You don't seem to have a very firm grasp for how markets work. Short selling has zero to do with the price of anything, its just someone betting that the price of whatever you are selling short will go down at some point in the future. However, if the majority of a market has a bearish attitude then that decreases the number of buyers in that market, while also increasing the number of sellers, and thus prices go down. There are less buyers because most rational people will not purchase something they believe is going to go down in value and more people will sell because they believe they can get in cheaper in the future.

From investopedia:

A market condition in which the prices of securities are falling, and widespread pessimism causes the negative sentiment to be self-sustaining. As investors anticipate losses in a bear market and selling continues, pessimism only grows.

Now that's the funniest thing I have heard all day...  That might be true if your trading 10 lots of SPY.  It's not my market knowledge I'd question with a statement like that!

AIG, FRE,FNM, AND C didn't crash and burn 5 years ago because longs sold, or no buyers were in sight.  No those stocks cratered because they were borrowed and sold...  Actually several firms didn't even secure the borrow and shorted positions they had no right to. 

You obviously have no clue how markets work or a flawed understanding of causality. Those stocks cratered because of the panic caused by the financial crisis and their exposure to subprime mortgages, credit default swaps, the collapse of the housing market, etc. This caused market sentiment to turn against those companies and there were more sellers than buyers which in turn caused the price to go down. Even an intro. economics class would have taught you about supply and demand.

Short selling will increase during a bear market, but thats doesn't mean that short selling was the cause. In fact, its the exact opposite by definition. People don't short stocks if they believe the price is going to increase (i.e. they are bullish.) They short a stock when they believe the price is going to decrease (i.e. they are bearish.)

If only the real world would fit those simple textbook definitions.
http://necsi.edu/research/economics/bearraid.pdf
tminer

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:47:37 AM

klondikecoin Chinese thread seems not updated, any Chinese here ?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=425231.0

BTC   188Voq78hJpfTg7CQKACiy4XbaN1UxdGqf
tminer

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:53:57 AM

klondike coin listed for voting at a Chinese site

http://www.guogao.com/vote/

a post about KDC at a Chinese blog

http://coinfriend.blog.sohu.com/300592776.html

kdc at bter

MysticDOGE

Activity: 126

KlondikeCoin - Get Real Gold !

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:38:13 AM

This A HUGE call-out to the Klondike Community. We are in URGENT need of your help!

What we talking about?
The April 9th official CryptoCurrencyConvention that will take place in New York. This is THE platform for alt-coins to promote and attract investors. KDC must be represented there if we want to be taken serious!

Ok, what you need from me?
Simple: we are in need of donations to get us up there in New York. KDC delegation is from all over Europe. We need to pay for flight, hotel and entree fees for 3 persons. For this we are in desperate need for funds. Please get KDC up there and donate towards the success of Klondike.

HELP KDC TO NEW YORK:

BTC donation wallet: 1DF5Ugmx2bTEB17SvGvtSF7Q3fPQKMMbeR
KDC donation wallet: LAHSi3VSofimRS4sMmZnfYdhq6Jm6bpwAF
DOGE donation wallet: DS59HRWAtzYF732RRJ6Jf46vLgM2eNE6cj
LTC donation wallet: LY3dBRJPS82zTLhhVuydWsmkiiK1QoRBm6

Donations in EURO, USD or GBP are welcome too. PM for details.

View a spreadsheet here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuWudbaJrQcFdEZGbzRPbi1pdEtpUUxmbk1qdE55bVE&usp=sharing

Latest update:

If it keeps going like it is right now, we wont be able to get to New York! Where other coins have fallen in value, KDC hold strong. Show others our strong cryptocurrency and donate for KDC to New York !

The bare, bare minimum we need to get up there (without doing promotions) is:

- 3x flight tickets Europe - New York
 > ~ 3x 600 euro
- NY Hotel (i.e. Dorm for 250 euro )
- Entree fees convention 3x 200 dollar (150 euro)
- Eat and drink (40 dollars a day)

This adds up to: 3500 euro for tickets, hotel, eat/drink and entree fee (for 3 persons)

3500 euro = BTC 8.5

We have currently raised ~3,39 BTC

WE STILL NEED BTC 5.11 AS A BARE MINIMUM TO GO !
Including marketing materials etc, we are still looking to raise ~8 BTC

Please help us out !! I already got free from my work for those days.

My Coins of Choice // Donations accepted 24 hours, 7 days a week \\
DOGE: DBdnFUqigpJ3gjWPNmC8T9rHo9Q7M16mKu - KlondikeCoin: LGsd3mnFdJZTXek2VumBTajE96ur2AAWrv  - Follow me: Twitter.com/MineCrypto
KlondikeCoin - KDC - Join the Gold rush! NO PREMINE
NetAlp

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:35:56 AM

we'll add cryptsy today?
today 21 march friday

BigVern ‏@cryptsy  7 Mar
The following markets have been added:  UTC, MZC, FLAP, & TAK
7 march friday

BigVern ‏@cryptsy  14 Mar
The following new markets have been added:  DGB/BTC, SAT/BTC, RDD/BTC, ZED/BTC
14 march friday

▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
          █   █▄  ▀▀▀██▄▄
       ▄▄▀▀█  ██  ▄ ▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▄
 █▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀▀      ▐███▄ ▀ ▀▀▄
  ▀██▄    ▀▄    ▄ ▄  ▀▀▀▀▀█    ▄██
    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄  █▌ ▀▀▄▄▄  ▄█     ▐█
   ▀▄▄ ██▀▀   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  █▄▄    █▀
     █▌ ██    ▐████▀▀   ▄██▄▄▄▄██
      ▌ ▐█   █ ▀▄    ▄ ▐██▀    ▀
        █▀  █    ▀     ▐██
       ▄▀ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀████
      ▄▀    ▄█▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▄     █▀
    ▄▀   ▄█▀▀█▀        ▀█▄▄▀
 █     ▄█▀              ▀
██   ▄█▀
█▀ ▄█▀
██▄██
▀███
 ▀██
  ▀█
Tigereum             ▀▀▄▄
                ▀█▄▄
▀▄▄      ▄▄       ▀█▄▄
  ▀█▄     ▀█▄       ▀██▄
    ▀█▄    ███▄▄     ▀██▄
      ██▄▄   ▀███▄    ▀██▄
       ▀█▄▄    ████   ▀▀██▄
        ███    ▀████   ▐███
        ▀██▄    ████▄   ████
        ████    ▀████▌   ▐██▄
         ▀███    ▀███    ▐███▐
          ▀███    ▀███     ███
          ▀████    ▀███     ██▄
            ███      ██      ██▄
             ███      █▌      ███
              ▀█▄      █       ██
               ▀█▄▄     ▀       █▄
                ▀█▌              ▀
                 ▀█
                  ▀▄
              ' WHITEPAPER '             
Join Us on Telegram
Facebook   Twitter   Linkedin
MineP.it

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:37:01 AM

Hey guys

We've launched a new service called MinePit. It is a client application that allows you to monitor, and remotely control your miners from any web browser, and additionally is a collection of pools that can be mined with or without the software.

We've launched with 9 pools to start with and have chosen KDC coin as one of those. Feel free to have a look and jump in with the mining at https://www.minep.it.

Our main thread is here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=523986.0

Many thanks,
MinePit Team

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin
MysticDOGE

Activity: 126

KlondikeCoin - Get Real Gold !

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 09:46:30 AM

Hey guys

We've launched a new service called MinePit. It is a client application that allows you to monitor, and remotely control your miners from any web browser, and additionally is a collection of pools that can be mined with or without the software.

We've launched with 9 pools to start with and have chosen KDC coin as one of those. Feel free to have a look and jump in with the mining at https://www.minep.it.

Our main thread is here:

Many thanks,
MinePit Team

Very nice and innovative !

My Coins of Choice // Donations accepted 24 hours, 7 days a week \\
DOGE: DBdnFUqigpJ3gjWPNmC8T9rHo9Q7M16mKu - KlondikeCoin: LGsd3mnFdJZTXek2VumBTajE96ur2AAWrv  - Follow me: Twitter.com/MineCrypto
KlondikeCoin - KDC - Join the Gold rush! NO PREMINE
SparkIt

Activity: 714
Merit: 529

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:45:49 AM

From investopedia:

You obviously have no clue how markets work or a flawed understanding of causality. Those stocks cratered because of the panic caused by the financial crisis and their exposure to subprime mortgages, credit default swaps, the collapse of the housing market, etc. This caused market sentiment to turn against those companies and there were more sellers than buyers which in turn caused the price to go down. Even an intro. economics class would have taught you about supply and demand.

Short selling will increase during a bear market, but thats doesn't mean that short selling was the cause. In fact, its the exact opposite by definition. People don't short stocks if they believe the price is going to increase (i.e. they are bullish.) They short a stock when they believe the price is going to decrease (i.e. they are bearish.)

If only the real world would fit those simple textbook definitions.
http://necsi.edu/research/economics/bearraid.pdf

GUYS! Take that discussion in PM!
You went too off-topic after a while!
tminer

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:47:35 AM

Hey guys

Our main thread is here:

Many thanks,
MinePit Team

an alternative to mpos,where is the  link to android version of monitoring tool ?

MineP.it

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:48:19 AM

Hey guys

Our main thread is here:

Many thanks,
MinePit Team

Very nice and innovative !

Thanks - we just need some users mining to get the ball rolling!

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin
Pages: « 1 ... 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 [502] 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 ... 563 »
  Print  

Jump to: