Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:02:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 [387] 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 ... 563 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SCRYPT] KlondikeCoin ★ Cryptsy.com ★ Prepaid VISA Cards ★ 0% Premine [KDC]  (Read 554373 times)
barryzand

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Growcoin Chief

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:29:45 AM

And someone has just hammered the Windows wallet as well...

me thinks we have a big solo miner on a different fork...

so he wants your pool to be delayed in finding blocks... so he can get a few blocks before us? is that how it works?
barryzand

Growcoin Chief

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:31:56 AM

well i put my auto payout to zero man... what is the max amount of coins i can held in "my" pool wallet? i dont want to add changes to my klondike folders without official backup of the devs Wink
24Kilo

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:32:09 AM

so he wants your pool to be delayed in finding blocks... so he can get a few blocks before us? is that how it works?

Well the opposite happened... now Criptoe is ahead...
24Kilo

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:33:30 AM

Hi,

I'm currently doing further testing on the update provided by fuse, will confirm if this is the new official chain asap and push everyone to update, at the moment id either reccomend mining on that chain or not at all Smiley

The windows wallet won't be correct as it will still be open to the same problem as before - we'll compile and update that asap, once we are sure which chain we're using etc

Someone is DDOS'ing stratum on the CripToe.Com pool.  Payouts have been shut down for now.

Looks like someone didn't like us encroaching on their forking profits.

-Fuse

I doubt you're being ddos'd, it is probably because everyone is currently using you as the only node to re sync the blockchain

Thanks!!! Just hoping we can get this fixed and move on... has been an exhausting few hours and we are ready to get back to business.
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:34:28 AM

well i put my auto payout to zero man... what is the max amount of coins i can held in "my" pool wallet? i dont want to add changes to my klondike folders without official backup of the devs Wink

You can hold as many as you want on the pools.  The pool just starts yelling at you to set a value if you go over the pool's set threshold.  It's not a big deal.  Just be careful with where you leave coins.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
SparkIt

Activity: 714
Merit: 529

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:34:32 AM

Hey guys, I'm one of the community leaders.
To you guys who just got here and wonder what happened:

For a while after the fork everything went smooth, blocks were found and no issues were found. Some pools had forgot to update wallet so they were on their own block chain still finding 77KDC/block.

Then KDC forked and coins that were sent didn't arrive to the other wallet.
Some kind of wallet error was affecting every pool out there. Every pool went down until this was fixed. Criptoepool team started working on it and got it working. THOUGH THERE IS NO GREEN LIGHT FROM DEVELOPERS YET!

Wallets went to several different blockchains and KDC was forked.
Market at coinedup is temporarily halted until everything is fixed.

DO NOT SEND COINS TO ANOTHER WALLET UNTIL DEVELOPERS GIVES US THE GREEN LIGHT! BY SENDING COINS TO ANOTHER WALLET RIGHT NOW YOU CAN LOSE YOUR COINS!

I don't think criptoepool team wants to harm KDC.
Please don't DDOS their pool and start mining there instead.

I have no expertise in this subject but logically I think the right thing to do is to get the longest block chain and by this helping the developers. They will know which block chain is the longest and can pull the data from there and use it.
Can anyone with knowledge in this subject confirm or deny this?
LeBarton

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:36:25 AM

Well the opposite happened... now Criptoe is ahead...

That's a good news but I wonder how many coins that guy has mined so far with this trick
barryzand

Growcoin Chief

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:37:51 AM

You can hold as many as you want on the pools.  The pool just starts yelling at you to set a value if you go over the pool's set threshold.  It's not a big deal.  Just be careful with where you leave coins.

-Fuse

always! i had it set though... but like i said.. i dont want to update wallet with these settings for now... i'm waiting for dev response before i fuck up anything lol.. having said that i trust your pool since you even helped the devs with this  Wink
24Kilo

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:43:24 AM

For a while after the fork everything went smooth, blocks were found and no issues were found. Some pools had forgot to update wallet so they were on their own block chain still finding 77KDC/block.

Some kind of wallet error was affecting every pool out there. Every pool went down until this was fixed. Criptoepool team started working on it and got it working. THOUGH THERE IS NO GREEN LIGHT FROM DEVELOPERS YET!

DO NOT SEND COINS TO ANOTHER WALLET UNTIL DEVELOPERS GIVES US THE GREEN LIGHT! BY SENDING COINS TO ANOTHER WALLET RIGHT NOW YOU CAN LOSE YOUR COINS!

I have no expertise in this subject but logically I think the right thing to do is to get the longest block chain and by this helping the developers. They will know which block chain is the longest and can pull the data from there and use it.

Thanks... we mean no harm!!!

I feel quite responsible for dragging Criptoe into this as I have been the KDC supporter of the group. We have a very vested interest in seeing this resolved ASAP. We gave away over 1800KDC in block finder rewards leading up to the fork... we have invested heavily in the KDC community and pool to ensure success of KDC as a coin.

Causing forks and fracturing the community and blockchain is counterproductive for all of us... miners, pool operators, investors, merchants... everyone.

What we would like to see is another pool grab the fix we pushed to Github and use and create some stability for the time being. It will give all us a breathing space to test and deploy a proper fix.

Thanks!
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:44:40 AM

always! i had it set though... but like i said.. i dont want to update wallet with these settings for now... i'm waiting for dev response before i fuck up anything lol.. having said that i trust your pool since you even helped the devs with this  Wink

My only intention in my actions was to provide an immediate response to the problem at hand.  I don't want to step on anyone's toes here.  If I did, I apologize.  I just have a vested interest in this coin succeeding, as well as my pool.  If my fix doesn't solve the issue, then at least it's a step toward insuring that people update to the proper version.  If it is the fix, then the devs need to keep on eye on these things in the future so this doesn't happen again.

Again, I'm sorry if I over-stepped my bounds.  I'm just a take charge kind of guy, and I hate waiting around for things that I can try to fix myself.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
SparkIt

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:47:59 AM

I feel quite responsible for dragging Criptoe into this as I have been the KDC supporter of the group. We have a very vested interest in seeing this resolved ASAP. We gave away over 1800KDC in block finder rewards leading up to the fork... we have invested heavily in the KDC community and pool to ensure success of KDC as a coin.

Causing forks and fracturing the community and blockchain is counterproductive for all of us... miners, pool operators, investors, merchants... everyone.

What we would like to see is another pool grab the fix we pushed to Github and use and create some stability for the time being. It will give all us a breathing space to test and deploy a proper fix.

Thanks!
What happened with pool? 700% shares
barryzand

Growcoin Chief

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:49:15 AM

Thanks!
What happened with pool? 700% shares

look at the "blocks" tab.. we found more of those lol
roastbeef

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:53:55 AM

I just put latest version of kdc from github up on chunky:

https://chunkypools.com/kdc/

0.8 diff -- is this correct?

https://chunkypools.com - POT | WC | DOGE | MUN | RPC | DEF | DGB | KDC | RUBY | POT | STP | SPN | PCN

1% PROP - SSL - custom MPOS - profit-switching port - single-sign on - great IRC community - scalable architecture - no downtime
24Kilo

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:54:02 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2014, 01:04:58 AM by 24Kilo

KDC CripToe has closed temporarily closed registrations.

We do truly appreciate the hash-rate... but we do not want to own the network... and miners are piling in on KDC Criptoe... and this going to result in a lot of coins turning into dust for many people... all the way around.

Can another pool operator please speak with the dev team and take the risk to use our fix so we can do as much as we can to protect miners hard work and hash-rate.

Thanks!

I just realised I had my whole mining farm pointed at KDC Criptoe from when we were testing... I pulled all my miners to help reduce hash-rate.
SparkIt

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:54:29 AM

Oh, good. I thought something went wrong.
Didn't think that could happen with like 100% hashrate!
roastbeef

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:56:18 AM

We do truly appreciate the hash-rate... but we do not want to own the network... and miners are piling in on KDC Criptoe... and this going to result in a lot of coins turning into dust for many people... all the way around.

Can another pool operator please speak with the dev team and take the risk to use our fix so we can do as much as we can to protect miners hard work and hash-rate.

Thanks!

Is there something I need to do besides use the latest code from github? I see my pool has the same difficulty as yours.

https://chunkypools.com - POT | WC | DOGE | MUN | RPC | DEF | DGB | KDC | RUBY | POT | STP | SPN | PCN

1% PROP - SSL - custom MPOS - profit-switching port - single-sign on - great IRC community - scalable architecture - no downtime
KlondikeCoin (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:57:43 AM

Thanks!

I have pm'd some pool ops.

@roastbeef - there was a problem with the update, a fix was supplied by another user and the wallet can be grabbed from here:

https://github.com/ny2cafuse/klondikecoin

At the moment that will put you on the new official/unofficial chain. We will confirm 100% asap if we need to rollback or anything else.

I'm currently updating some of our nodes and the block explorer so we can get a better idea of whats going on. The windows wallet will also need to be recompiled.

The official github will be updated once we are 100% happy this has resolved everything.
roastbeef

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:59:29 AM

Thanks!

I have pm'd some pool ops.

@roastbeef - there was a problem with the update, a fix was supplied by another user and the wallet can be grabbed from here:

https://github.com/ny2cafuse/klondikecoin

At the moment that will put you on the new official/unofficial chain. We will confirm 100% asap if we need to rollback or anything else.

I'm currently updating some of our nodes and the block explorer so we can get a better idea of whats going on. The windows wallet will also need to be recompiled.

The official github will be updated once we are 100% happy this has resolved everything.

ok, I can set this up. do you have new nodes?

ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 01:07:09 AM

ok, I can set this up. do you have new nodes?

You can add me right away with :

Code:
addnode:kdc.criptoe.com

My peer info list, as follows:

Code:
    {
        "addr" : "178.32.52.52:52640",
        "services" : "00000003",
        "lastsend" : 1393808796,
        "lastrecv" : 1393808796,
        "bytessent" : 83446074,
        "bytesrecv" : 6236232,
        "blocksrequested" : 73438,
        "conntime" : 1393803778,
        "version" : 70003,
        "subver" : "/Satoshi:0.8.6.2/",
        "inbound" : true,
        "startingheight" : 0,
        "banscore" : 0
    },
    {
        "addr" : "148.251.70.243:10691",
        "bytessent" : 99063554,
        "bytesrecv" : 3221429,
        "blocksrequested" : 84986,
        "conntime" : 1393804960,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "184.69.136.30:40517",
        "lastrecv" : 1393808771,
        "bytessent" : 90489688,
        "bytesrecv" : 2994851,
        "blocksrequested" : 79063,
        "conntime" : 1393805640,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "37.59.28.23:56680",
        "bytessent" : 36041264,
        "bytesrecv" : 1905696,
        "blocksrequested" : 36940,
        "conntime" : 1393806389,
        "inbound" : false,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "88.208.205.38:59736",
        "lastsend" : 1393808801,
        "lastrecv" : 1393808801,
        "bytessent" : 29834277,
        "bytesrecv" : 7708829,
        "blocksrequested" : 30259,
        "conntime" : 1393807955,
        "startingheight" : 4,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "94.23.152.226:54027",
        "lastsend" : 1393808798,
        "lastrecv" : 1393808798,
        "bytessent" : 1399634,
        "bytesrecv" : 189208,
        "blocksrequested" : 5000,
        "conntime" : 1393808771,
    }

Community > Devs
KlondikeCoin (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 01:08:26 AM

Cryptofountain confirmed using new build

@roastbeef - you can use the below as nodes to sync from as they are confirmed updated

kdc.cryptofountain.com
kdc.criptoe.com
Pages: « 1 ... 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 [387] 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 ... 563 »
  Print  

Jump to: