Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:32:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 [422] 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 ... 563 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SCRYPT] KlondikeCoin ★ Cryptsy.com ★ Prepaid VISA Cards ★ 0% Premine [KDC]  (Read 554373 times)
jackdminer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:59:15 PM

You know, what is different between Leafcoin and Klondikecoin.

I believe the Leafcoin have a block halvering every month. Klondikecoin had it every 3 months.

LeafCoin                       Klondike coin
1. 1 - 500,000               1. 77
2. 1 - 250,000               2. 77
3. 1 - 125,000               3. 77 (normally but now 16)

So what is the difference? It should have been

1. 77
2. 38.5
3. 19.25

But in fact we just modify the reword to do the same as a lot of the other coins. The block reduction bring us on the level like a lot of the other coins.What happened is just a little adjustment, the people that mine the first 2 month received a lot, but on the first month this is for EVERY coin the same so Klondike miners that keep on mining the second month received more coins then when you check it against Leafcoin for example, and now for the third month we are doing the same as Leafcoin.

Anybody thought about this Wink

The difficulty of Leafcoin is about 10 with a 60 second block time so the NET HASH is about 715 Mh/s, I didn't check but rough math.  
Before the fork KDC was only 400 Mh/s with a FORK HYPE spike to just over 600 Mh/s.  

Since the reward is just a form of payment for network hash FIRST AND FOREMOST any decision to adjust the block reward lower should place the highest weight to the impact to network hash, and the lowest weight to impact of inflation.  

This is one of those things that is counter intuitive to someone who views the block reward as the 'printing press' and not the 'pay check'. Once you see it as the 'pay check' you start to see the whole landscape differently.

You have to have the network hash and coin value in place to support a reward reduction.  You can not influence price with reward adjustments, you only distort the price as NET HASH finds equilibrium.
Since KDC went from paying roughly 3.8 BTC a day it bought about 450Mh/s. (.008378 BTC/ Mh day)
Now it only pays .7 BTC a day and is currenty getting a 'bargain' and buying 130 Mh/s paying only .005317 Mh day.  

The market rate in the world that is all alt coins for hash power is around .0075 BTC or so per Mh day. Some pay workers more, some pay workers less.

Jack, you seem to have a mathematical answer for every issue, so answer this question for me (this doesnt relate to KDC). Why are EAC, Noble, Digibytes prices scraping the bottom now? They are all 3 a miners paradise...easy to mine, none have forked or halved. They have huge block rewards (lots of coin), plenty of NHR. So why Jack are they failing?

DGB has been a good coin to mine the past 2 days about .008 BTC for 1 Mh/s day.  See the value of the coin is irrelevant all that matters is what is the rate of pay in BTC is for 1 Mh/s over 24 hours.If this rate of pay is fair and consistent you will have a popular coin.

This is easiest way to achieve this is with a coin at the lowest possible price and the highest possible block reward that produces the fair market rate for hash power.  Nothing magical about it  

And someone else mentioned DOGE and how its lower in price and that its hash rate hasn't gone anywhere, that's simply not true either as the difficulty (NET HASH) has been cut in half since the halving from 2K to 1K, and DOGE has been pretty consistent earning 10% more per day over LTC. I

ts easier for DOGE considering the low price/ high block pay.  I don't care much for DOGE or any random reward coin for that matter since it introduces  a second variance in the coins mined a day/ Mh.

placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:14:03 PM

DGB has been a good coin to mine the past 2 days about .008 BTC for 1 Mh/s day.  See the value of the coin is irrelevant all that matters is what is the rate of pay in BTC is for 1 Mh/s over 24 hours.If this rate of pay is fair and consistent you will have a popular coin.

Look, you're right, but if people only mine and dump it the day later then they all miss opportunities. LTC was trading at $2, so you mine it and you directly dump it, and a few weeks later it was at $50.

Your point is valid if you only care about dumping a coin, but some people want to hold their coins for the long run. Lets take time back. September 2013, you're mining Quark, NETCoin, whatever, and you mine your .008BTC for 1MH/s day, great, superb, then then i'm a person that like to wait a little longer, and then suddenly we arrive in November, oeps, what i have been mining in September is suddenly not .008BTC for 1MH/s day but .080BTC per 1Mh/s per day.

As a miner you don't need to look at today i can mine .008BTC here and there i only can mine .006BTC, no as a miner you have your favorite coins and out of those coins you select the coin that you think will give you the best return IN A FEW DAYS/WEEKS not in a few hours.

As a investor you just look at profit, buy today, sell today, buy back tomorrow, but miners mine coins not for selling it directly, at least not the believers of a coin.
KlondikeCoin (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:16:56 PM

Suppot KlondikeCoin Send 0.0002 BTC To UpVote On Cryptsy 1C361EZLHMfQUEajKvJct6fxFtQyQGwdxy

Or If you are a cryptsy user Upvote 1X for Free and 5X every Cryptsy Point used. Approx 8.2 BTC needed to place it on the Top.

At the moment i think we should concentrate on Mintpal:

http://mintpal.com/voting

10,000 (0.5 btc) votes and we're second, so as long as we keep up the pace we can be added in as little as 3 days! (would be alot to be continnium)
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:17:33 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 11:06:50 PM by bangomatic

You know, what is different between Leafcoin and Klondikecoin.

I believe the Leafcoin have a block halvering every month. Klondikecoin had it every 3 months.

LeafCoin                       Klondike coin
1. 1 - 500,000               1. 77
2. 1 - 250,000               2. 77
3. 1 - 125,000               3. 77 (normally but now 16)

So what is the difference? It should have been

1. 77
2. 38.5
3. 19.25

But in fact we just modify the reword to do the same as a lot of the other coins. The block reduction bring us on the level like a lot of the other coins.What happened is just a little adjustment, the people that mine the first 2 month received a lot, but on the first month this is for EVERY coin the same so Klondike miners that keep on mining the second month received more coins then when you check it against Leafcoin for example, and now for the third month we are doing the same as Leafcoin.

Anybody thought about this Wink

The difficulty of Leafcoin is about 10 with a 60 second block time so the NET HASH is about 715 Mh/s, I didn't check but rough math.  
Before the fork KDC was only 400 Mh/s with a FORK HYPE spike to just over 600 Mh/s.  

Since the reward is just a form of payment for network hash FIRST AND FOREMOST any decision to adjust the block reward lower should place the highest weight to the impact to network hash, and the lowest weight to impact of inflation.  

This is one of those things that is counter intuitive to someone who views the block reward as the 'printing press' and not the 'pay check'. Once you see it as the 'pay check' you start to see the whole landscape differently.

You have to have the network hash and coin value in place to support a reward reduction.  You can not influence price with reward adjustments, you only distort the price as NET HASH finds equilibrium.
Since KDC went from paying roughly 3.8 BTC a day it bought about 450Mh/s. (.008378 BTC/ Mh day)
Now it only pays .7 BTC a day and is currenty getting a 'bargain' and buying 130 Mh/s paying only .005317 Mh day.  

The market rate in the world that is all alt coins for hash power is around .0075 BTC or so per Mh day. Some pay workers more, some pay workers less.

Jack, you seem to have a mathematical answer for every issue, so answer this question for me (this doesnt relate to KDC). Why are EAC, Noble, Digibytes prices scraping the bottom now? They are all 3 a miners paradise...easy to mine, none have forked or halved. They have huge block rewards (lots of coin), plenty of NHR. So why Jack are they failing?

This is easiest way to achieve this is with a coin at the lowest possible price and the highest possible block reward that produces the fair market rate for hash power.  Nothing magical about it  

And someone else mentioned DOGE and how its lower in price and that its hash rate hasn't gone anywhere, that's simply not true either as the difficulty (NET HASH) has been cut in half since the halving from 2K to 1K, and DOGE has been pretty consistent earning 10% more per day over LTC. I

ts easier for DOGE considering the low price/ high block pay.  I don't care much for DOGE or any random reward coin for that matter since it introduces  a second variance in the coins mined a day/ Mh.

Jack, what you are saying has merit. I think all you look for is "how much money can I make today on mining X coin". Thats where we differ, and I'm not saying your method will not make you money because it certainly will. I'm just saying I'm mining KDC because I believe in the coin and the community and the possibilities it holds.

EDIT: BTW I wasnt asking why DGB is good to mine the last 2 days, I was asking why the prices of all these coins is bottoming out when they have strong networks, excellent communities, strong developers.  The answer is they are being diminished by daily mine and dumps. "I gotta sell these coin X today so let me undercut the lowest sell price." say this miner, the next miner, and so forth. then the price is in a free fall until the miners arent making enough money per mh and they move to the next coin.
BitcoinStacker

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:22:22 PM

Dont forget to vote every hour and donate for Klondikecoin :

https://www.mintpal.com/voting

0.5 BTC will take us to rank 2, that would mean being added Sunday maybe? and if we get added then pushing Cryptsy as hard as we can would mean people buying since it would hit Cryptsy so if we push hard,we can get added to mintpal by the end of this week and (maybe) cryptsy next week.

I try to vote 48x in a day, already donated 3$ to Mintpal for votes, i will donate $6 more but we need more ppl to do the same..
Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:14:57 PM

already blew my wad on mintpal voting (0.5 btc), all I have left is free voting
24Kilo

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:03:33 AM

Speaking directly to jackdminer as well kheg.

To repeat... I was absolutely opposed to the block reward reduction... read my posts on this thread and here - http://klondikecoin.com/forum/index.php?topic=7.msg50#msg50

The fork was a very risky move that did not pan out and now KDC is on life support and will only survive by the sheer determination of the dev team and community.

I will not support another fork nor will the Criptoe team. I am not spending another 12 hour day glued to computer screens with my farm mining 4 fork simultaneously while the rest of the CripToe spends half of their day coding and testing. And we got nothing out of this effort, but some momentary credit and more than a few community members disliking us for taking the initiative. KDC CripToe Pool is costing us money to keep it up and running, we are making nothing from the pool.  

So to jackdminer and kheg... I agree with 100% of what you are posting.

To the dev team and community... to not acknowledge they are right in their observations is suicidal.

BUT!!!

What is done is done... the fork happened and now we choose to keep this coin from sinking or jump ship.

So to jackdminer and kheg... we are on this side of the fork... so we have to work with it and do the best we can. Stop rehashing the should-haves, could-haves, and would-haves... it is too late. We have to choose to work out or leave it. At this point, I and the CripToe Team are choosing to attempt to work it out. And to be honest, there are no easy answers to be found.

KDC must gain hash-rate to ensure security of value. The network hashrate is so low that between the miners owned by the CripToe Team we could fork it, create double transactions, and merge back leaving everyone with orphans. Free coins are free coins and can sold to the highest bidder for a profit. KDC is very vulnerable to a malicious 51% attack.

But no miner is his right mind is going to through large amounts of hash-rate at a coin that has to increase in price by 700% to become profitable. I cannot afford it, I am sitting on a huge stash of KDC and at this time of the month I have to be mining something to cover my $3000 power bill. So KDC is in a very precarious position.

So I thought... I will spend some KDC... buy some Raspberry Pi's and etc with KDC... only to find that the KDC I would be spending would be going right back to CoinedUP within 24 hours and being sold at whatever price needed to fill the sell order. And this is what any retailer must do to cover the real costs of inventory, so I am not criticising the admin of altoutlet in anyway. But spending KDC is not going to the answer either.

Then I see members of the community throwing away BTC to buy a spot on an exchange... the amount of BTC wasted on this effort would have been able to clear the sell orders on all exchanges, CoinedUP and SwissCEX, up to 5000 at least and started creating some trading volume. <shakes head> Why isn't the community investing in their own coin?

I do not have the answers, but going in circles about how KDC shot itself in the leg with the fork is not the answer.

We have to focus on the now and work together to find solutions in spite of the fork or KDC is dead.
roctiv

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:33:33 AM

To repeat... I was absolutely opposed to the block reward reduction... read my posts on this thread and here - http://klondikecoin.com/forum/index.php?topic=7.msg50#msg50

The fork was a very risky move that did not pan out and now KDC is on life support and will only survive by the sheer determination of the dev team and community.

I will not support another fork nor will the Criptoe team. I am not spending another 12 hour day glued to computer screens with my farm mining 4 fork simultaneously while the rest of the CripToe spends half of their day coding and testing. And we got nothing out of this effort, but some momentary credit and more than a few community members disliking us for taking the initiative. KDC CripToe Pool is costing us money to keep it up and running, we are making nothing from the pool.  

To the dev team and community... to not acknowledge they are right in their observations is suicidal.

BUT!!!

What is done is done... the fork happened and now we choose to keep this coin from sinking or jump ship.

So to jackdminer and kheg... we are on this side of the fork... so we have to work with it and do the best we can. Stop rehashing the should-haves, could-haves, and would-haves... it is too late. We have to choose to work out or leave it. At this point, I and the CripToe Team are choosing to attempt to work it out. And to be honest, there are no easy answers to be found.

KDC must gain hash-rate to ensure security of value. The network hashrate is so low that between the miners owned by the CripToe Team we could fork it, create double transactions, and merge back leaving everyone with orphans. Free coins are free coins and can sold to the highest bidder for a profit. KDC is very vulnerable to a malicious 51% attack.

But no miner is his right mind is going to through large amounts of hash-rate at a coin that has to increase in price by 700% to become profitable. I cannot afford it, I am sitting on a huge stash of KDC and at this time of the month I have to be mining something to cover my $3000 power bill. So KDC is in a very precarious position.

So I thought... I will spend some KDC... buy some Raspberry Pi's and etc with KDC... only to find that the KDC I would be spending would be going right back to CoinedUP within 24 hours and being sold at whatever price needed to fill the sell order. And this is what any retailer must do to cover the real costs of inventory, so I am not criticising the admin of altoutlet in anyway. But spending KDC is not going to the answer either.

Then I see members of the community throwing away BTC to buy a spot on an exchange... the amount of BTC wasted on this effort would have been able to clear the sell orders on all exchanges, CoinedUP and SwissCEX, up to 5000 at least and started creating some trading volume. <shakes head> Why isn't the community investing in their own coin?

I do not have the answers, but going in circles about how KDC shot itself in the leg with the fork is not the answer.

We have to focus on the now and work together to find solutions in spite of the fork or KDC is dead.

"Then I see members of the community throwing away BTC to buy a spot on an exchange... the amount of BTC wasted on this effort would have been able to clear the sell orders on all exchanges, CoinedUP and SwissCEX, up to 5000 at least and started creating some trading volume. <shakes head> Why isn't the community investing in their own coin?"

++++++++++10000000000000000000000     well said ... and well spoken.
Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:49:40 AM

BUT!!!

"Then I see members of the community throwing away BTC to buy a spot on an exchange... the amount of BTC wasted on this effort would have been able to clear the sell orders on all exchanges, CoinedUP and SwissCEX, up to 5000 at least and started creating some trading volume. <shakes head> Why isn't the community investing in their own coin?"

Are you guys that dense?  Exposure is absolutely needed.  Coinmarket died in a fire.  Coinedup has no volume.  Poloniex?  lol.

Money well spent.  How much did you guys put forward to get listed?
McNulty

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:01:15 AM

BUT!!!

Are you guys that dense?  Exposure is absolutely needed.  Coinmarket died in a fire.  Coinedup has no volume.  Poloniex?  lol.

Money well spent.  How much did you guys put forward to get listed?

poloniex has some issues, but it's becoming a serious exchange
24Kilo

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:04:44 AM

Are you guys that dense?  Exposure is absolutely needed.  Coinmarket died in a fire.  Coinedup has no volume.  Poloniex?  lol.

Money well spent.  How much did you guys put forward to get listed?

No... I am not dense... I am realistic... why is any exchange going to deploy the infrastructure to exchange a coin that has less than 4 BTC volume across all exchanges?

Exchanges exist to make a profit... a low volume coin is not profitable.

And you can cite dozens coins on exchanges that are less then 4BTC... but they had far more volume when they listed... they have lost volume since listing.

The community is eating itself by not listening folks with business and economical experience, but going with the majority voice that just want to see a price rise without any fundamental justification.

I will not buy any votes at Mintpal... any spare BTC I have is going to buying KDC to prop it up and increase volume.

I had a private PM with the admin of altoutlet about KDC... he is struggling to even price products in KDC because of low volumes and the spread between bid and ask.

KDC is not so special that it can defy the laws of economics. I may refuse to believe in gravity, but that does not change the fact that if I jump off a 20 story building that I am going to hit the ground.

jackdminer, khag, the CripToe Team, myself and many others are not screaming that KDC is dead... we are screaming to try to keep KDC from committing economic suicide... KDC suffered a near fatal blow with the fork... we are trying to help heal KDC and get it healthy again.

When I can not even spend KDC without risking further damage... something is very wrong!!!
xspeed9190

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:06:31 AM

Totaly agree, voting is new BS way of exchanges monetizing

BTC:19vSvHFzpFegJJsqCnkXTSPQF4UE3Vsm6i
Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:25:17 AM

Are you guys that dense?  Exposure is absolutely needed.  Coinmarket died in a fire.  Coinedup has no volume.  Poloniex?  lol.

Money well spent.  How much did you guys put forward to get listed?

No... I am not dense... I am realistic... why is any exchange going to deploy the infrastructure to exchange a coin that has less than 4 BTC volume across all exchanges?

Exchanges exist to make a profit... a low volume coin is not profitable.

And you can cite dozens coins on exchanges that are less then 4BTC... but they had far more volume when they listed... they have lost volume since listing.

The community is eating itself by not listening folks with business and economical experience, but going with the majority voice that just want to see a price rise without any fundamental justification.

I will not buy any votes at Mintpal... any spare BTC I have is going to buying KDC to prop it up and increase volume.

I had a private PM with the admin of altoutlet about KDC... he is struggling to even price products in KDC because of low volumes and the spread between bid and ask.

KDC is not so special that it can defy the laws of economics. I may refuse to believe in gravity, but that does not change the fact that if I jump off a 20 story building that I am going to hit the ground.

jackdminer, khag, the CripToe Team, myself and many others are not screaming that KDC is dead... we are screaming to try to keep KDC from committing economic suicide... KDC suffered a near fatal blow with the fork... we are trying to help heal KDC and get it healthy again.

When I can not even spend KDC without risking further damage... something is very wrong!!!

Not trying to be divisive here.  I have a bunch of BTC in KDC, and view exchange listing as being just as vital as existing exchange volume.  For the record, if you read back, I opposed the fork as well. 
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:28:19 AM

Totaly agree, voting is new BS way of exchanges monetizing

100% agree.  These new "pay to vote" exchanges are a tad ridiculous.  What's to say the next doesn't take us all for fools and take the BTC and run?

24Kilo is correct in that the money going into "voting" could have gone a long way in buy orders on already existing exchanges.  I really think getting listed on 1500 exchanges will only thin out the already thin orders.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
awright

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:46:01 AM

I think we are putting way too much emphasis on the fork, yes miners are important and we have lost some of our hash rate, but as some of the biggest alt coins around have shown , exposure is everything.

The volume of btc that mintpal goes through for example is probably 500x more daily then all of kdcs current exchanges combined.

We lost our main trading source in coinmarket.io , that is where I personally purchased every part of my KDC and none of the other exchanges kdc currently has come close to that.

You have coins like ultra coin , maza and aurora being pumped (and dumped) like crazy

Mint was nothing until it moved onto mintpal and even though it had a huge pump and dump, the price has stabilised and things are looking up for the coin

Coins like this and digital coin (for example) have some of the best developers and infrastructure in place (dgc has its own exchange...) yet the price is nothing because of lack of exposure.

The only way this coin is going to move forward is by getting more eyes on it, personally I am voting everyday on mintpal to get this coin more eyes, this should of been the priority a long time ago, but what has happened has happened.

Just realise that what this coin has what a lot of coins do not have, no pre mine, a solid community, solid development team and constant new ideas being used. This is a long term coin which i believe can happen become something great

Kdc will be where it should be if we keep working together.

Going to enjoy the gold rush Smiley

24Kilo

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:21:44 AM

yes miners are important and we have lost some of our hash rate

1. Miners are not important... miners are the coin. Crypto 101 - without miners to mint and confirm transactions, there is no coin. Miner are the very foundation of crypto currency, they provide the coin, they provide the means to transact, they guard the security of the coins.

2. We did not lose some hash-rate... We lost 75% of our hash-rate and now have an insecure blockchain which no large investor is going to ignore or be comfortable with.

All of this is a result of the fork. That is an undeniable fact. This is what jackdminer and kheg are raising a ruckus about.

Yes, KDC needs exposure and publicity... tons of it.

In simple and practical terms here is where we are...

Last night I was going to spend 10,000KDC to buy 2 - Raspberry Pi's I need for another project. Crazy I know, but I wanted to promote KDC circulation. If I had spent that 10,000KDC last night, those 10,000KDC would have landed on CoinedUp, SwissCex or other exchanges today to be sold at market price. The means that the sell order would have been placed to be filled, not placed to wait until the price rises to be filled, no... sold at market price.

Go look at all of the exchanges that KDC is listed, this amount of KDC would have cleaned up the buy orders into the low 20's or even into the teens. Someone just a few minutes ago put a 1BTC buy at 2500... so if those 10,000KDC did not hit until later today that would have been the floor. Earlier today, KDC would have looking at the teens.

This is the problem with KDC.

For KDC to gain sustainable hash-rate to secure the blockchain the price has go above and stay above 6000. Even then KDC is less than 50% as profitable as before the fork. For any real hash-rate to arrive, price must go above 10,000. You can bash miners all you want. If a miner cannot see a profit or at least a break-even, he is not going to mine long. He can't even if he wants to or he plans to hold for a mid-term gain. A decent size mining farm costs too much to run and maintain to operate long without a cash-flow.

KDC is in serious trouble.

And the only way out that I see at this point is for the community once more band together and invest heavily in KDC. Buy KDC until the price reaches sustainable mining levels and the network hash-rate returns along with higher trading volume with a close bid/ask spread to enable retailers to price products competitively in KDC.

I see adding KDC to more exchanges as wallpapering over the fundamentals and further dilution of trading volume.

And why not use SwissCEX... faster and for more secure than CoinMarket ever was/is... and makes CoinedUp look like a glorified spreadsheet.
jackdminer

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:30:01 AM

This might be a bit rambling but I wanted to touch on a few things.

Ok so to be clear those despised for profit miners that flooded the market with cheap coin is not exactly the story.

You see the profit miner doesn't just liquidate is order at the BID, he works his order, legs it out and tries to get the highest price he can, but he does get the buyers bought, that's important.  Usually he also has some supporting BIDS as well. He exchanges all this for processing power and electricity.

Those that think the seller is setting the price now or before the fork just isn't participating or paying attention to which side a trade is closing on.  The buyer has been in control on over 80% of trades.

This community needs to decide if they want a transactional coin with a stable inexpensive price to facilitate trade, or a speculative instrument.  Once we figure that out we can proceed and build the coin.  You cannot create both instruments from the same coin.

In the meantime we need to do a few things.

Coined up is the exchange we have we need to use it.  Sell some coin, buy some coin, keep the spread tight.  If you want to 'donate' your coin so we can get listed somewhere else feel free, but the bang for the buck is on trading the coin from both sides, your risk is small.  This helps keep both ideas alive especially the transactional coin because a tight liquid market will reflect true value and build confidence.

If your hoarding the coin, stop mining.  Yes another stupid idea, but you will reduce the net hash increasing the reward ratio for those that wish to make a market and provide liquidity.  Liquidity drives action.

Mining the coin and putting it under your matress is fine, but the coin just isn't paying for hash with the current reward structure to support hoarders and market makers.

We need to hash out a new block time / reward system, convince the devs and fork the coin.  But we need the goals of the coin to do this since a speculative coin would look very different from a transactional coin. The current system is just not designed for the realities of the alt coin market as a whole.

We seem to have a lot of marketing effort here and a few innovative ideas for crypto to fiat exchange.  It's exciting for sure!
24Kilo

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:46:49 AM

@jackdminer -

KDC will not survive another fork fiasco like the last one. And I nor anyone in the Criptoe Team is going to work another day on KDC for nothing to save it from itself.

KDC does not have enough network hash-rate to stay secure or handle multiple forks... at one time we were inputting nearly 100Mh/s to keep KDC from forking further.

KDC cannot wind the clock back... the only way is forward with the cards we have been dealt.

No more forks.

And no one at CripToe is mining KDC at the moment for the very reason you state. We are trying let KDC find an equilibrium of price/hash-rate/volume. If there is a threat of a 51% attack, we will bring hash-rate back to help secure KDC. But a balance must be found to move forward.

Edit - I am posting here because I believe that KDC and the community can work together to rebuild and grow KDC. When I stop posting...
DailyModo

Activity: 812

www.gamebet.gg

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:07:06 AM

@jackdminer -

KDC will not survive another fork fiasco like the last one. And I nor anyone in the Criptoe Team is going to work another day on KDC for nothing to save it from itself.

KDC does not have enough network hash-rate to stay secure or handle multiple forks... at one time we were inputting nearly 100Mh/s to keep KDC from forking further.

KDC cannot wind the clock back... the only way is forward with the cards we have been dealt.

No more forks.

And no one at CripToe is mining KDC at the moment for the very reason you state. We are trying let KDC find an equilibrium of price/hash-rate/volume. If there is a threat of a 51% attack, we will bring hash-rate back to help secure KDC. But a balance must be found to move forward.

Edit - I am posting here because I believe that KDC and the community can work together to rebuild and grow KDC. When I stop posting...

I think everything should start by a higher ratio of hasrate\reward. When the price will start to go up more miners will come. The price will raise on the markets exchanges and then after maybe a month or 2 you can lower the reward again since the price will be established on the markets to show people it can grow continiously.

Betting on esports with crypto's and steam items has never been easier.
CONTACT
dailymodo@gamebet.gg @GamebetGg
CriptoePools

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:32:14 AM

Announcement - KDC CripToe Pools - Announcement

Criptoe KDC is discontinuing the 10% Block Finder Reward of 1.6KDC to focus on the JACKPOT

After handing out over 4100KDC in Block Finder Rewards, KDC CripToe is discontinuing this reward bonus. With diminished network hash-rate and miner participation this reward is not sustainable while still giving away 10 blocks of KDC every 10,000 network blocks in a Jackpot to KDC CripToe miners.

The jackpot system will be run as follows:

A drawing will be held every 10000 network blocks, where 10 blocks worth of KDC(160KDC) will be split up and given to three random miners.  If the pool runs into issues during the week, either global KDC issues or extended pool downtime, the 160KDC will remain in the pool's jackpot fund to carry over until the next round.  There will be a first, second, and third place prize of 50%, 30%, and 20% of the jackpot total.

To be considered for the jackpot, you have to have submitted shares to at least 75% of the blocks mined that jackpot round, from block 1 of that jackpot's round to block 10,000.  This will be easy to follow, as the first jackpot will be calculated at block 94576(10k past the start of the fork).  I believe the 75% requirement to be fair.  It benefits any miner that sticks with the pool through the 10k network blocks, from the 20MH/s mining farm to the guy mining on an Nvidia GTX 8800.

In addition, if you win a jackpot one week, you can not win the next week's jackpot.  You can however win the jackpot the following week.  If you are caught using multiple accounts to cheat the system, all accounts connected to your main account, and your main account, will be deleted instantly, no questions asked.  This should be a fair system, and something people can enjoy.

KDC CripToe has reduced the pool to only 1%

So point your miners at kdc.criptoe.com
Pages: « 1 ... 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 [422] 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 ... 563 »
  Print  

Jump to: