Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:31:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people think income tax is ok?  (Read 17825 times)
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:39:45 AM

The power to tax is the power to destroy. I think income tax and property tax are just wrong. What do you think?

Without taxes city and country will not stay alieve in this case.

I'd love this. No more armies, no more NSA to spy on everything we say and write, no obligation to wear a seat belt if you drive or a helmet if you ride... Freedom. A more dangerous world for sure, but a world for men and not sheep. A world for responsible men and women, and not for puppet citizens sometimes asked to choose between established leaders.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
salstimda

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:42:46 AM

funny...using all the infrastructure and the environment thats built upon taxes to make a quick buck, and then cry about it...this is the entitlement-generation
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:47:56 PM

The power to tax is the power to destroy. I think income tax and property tax are just wrong. What do you think?

I'd love this. No more armies, no more NSA to spy on everything we say and write, no obligation to wear a seat belt if you drive or a helmet if you ride... Freedom. A more dangerous world for sure, but a world for men and not sheep. A world for responsible men and women, and not for puppet citizens sometimes asked to choose between established leaders.
You sir are living in a bubble. I hope it get's bursted in time for your 15th birthday.
"A world for men and not for sheep". How bout the laws to protect children, who evidently are not 'grown men' yet?
You seem to have some ridiculous freedom obsession, to a degree where you feel robbed of your freedom if you have to use your seatbelt? Grow up.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
Bitware

Activity: 926
Merit: 1001

weaving spiders come not here

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:45:29 PM

Because people are weak, fearful, uncertain and doubtful - without the skills we once had for survival. Basic skills like the ability to walk into the wilderness with a pocket knife and not only survive, but thrive. We have been conditioned to require tax based safety nets. We have been conditioned to believe we cannot survive without government and taxation. The overwhelming vast majority of the taxed believe their taxes keep them safer and allow them better jobs, living conditions and lives in general. The key is to keep us ignorant of reality, divided and fearful.
countryfree
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:51:08 PM

You sir are living in a bubble. I hope it get's bursted in time for your 15th birthday.
"A world for men and not for sheep". How bout the laws to protect children, who evidently are not 'grown men' yet?
You seem to have some ridiculous freedom obsession, to a degree where you feel robbed of your freedom if you have to use your seatbelt? Grow up.

In Africa, I've seen children aged 10 working 12 hours a day. They have no parents (they're dead), no laws and no state to protect them, so the only choice they have is between working or dying. Welcome to my world, which is actually better than most of what Europeans know because it makes more responsible adults. That's the real drama in developed countries: all the tax money is now used to shape people's minds. The governement is responsible for everything, and people are only doing what it says. Drivers fasten their seat belts not to protect them, but to avoid getting a fine.

Now let's guess what will happen when the government crashes down? Greece is leading, and we'll see other countries follow its path. Men will be freed, but those who have never experienced freedom will be lost.

westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:10:32 PM

you feel robbed of your freedom if you have to use your seatbelt? Grow up.

I'd argue that the people who advocate pointing guns at adults in order to force them to wear seatbelts (among other petty tyrannies) are the ones who need to grow up and join civilized society.

That these people can't see how wrong such things are also speaks volumes about how thoroughly modern society has indoctrinated this last generation of youth, to the point where things that would have been seen as unconscionable just when I was a child (hint: not the 18th century) are now defended like it's the Perfect Will of God (tm).

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
Kaligulax

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:15:40 PM

Who think that? I dont think like that...
Present taxes are a robbery. Present taxes must be abolished. You have heard the "White Berets" repeat these two sentences many a time. You might believe that they are but pure propaganda slogans used to strike the imagination!

A businessman who stopped by the "Michael" Office, told us as he left our house: "I am very happy with my visit here. I learnt something that I did not know : that the present taxes are truly a robbery, that they must disappear and can disappear. I did believe that your posters only expressed a slogan. But I now see that it is a truth established on solid arguments."

A young student of the University of Ottawa attended one of our meetings. He declared that he was delighted to finally understand how public works could be financed without taxes by a provincial credit system, and how the withdrawal and issuing of money would be done by a Social Credit financial system.

Present taxes are a robbery. We will repeat this with conviction and obstinacy until they are abolished. For they are the ruin of our families and of society.

The income tax, with its intolerable reports, is a nightmare for all. The property tax and school taxes that constantly increase, that chase the families from their homes, snatch farms and enterprises from the hands of those who built them; the school taxes of the small towns have already chased towards the cities the heirs of the country's founders.

1FxCUCAij9FT9fXQSqYHHMiaELhRTAhui6
practicaldreamer

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:23:56 PM

Drivers fasten their seat belts not to protect them, but to avoid getting a fine.

Not me sir - I wear a seatbelt to protect myself.

And if ever one of my children (when they are old enough) are caught driving without a seatbelt I will be hoping and very much expecting that they receive a fine for their stupidity.
Kiki112

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:46:25 PM

Because we finance the goverment that way, the goverment pays for teachers,doctors,roads..

It is a way we live, the only way we could remove it is if we had individual taxes for teachers,doctors,politicans and extra taxes which would be discussed if someone suggested to buld something Smiley

TheButterZone
Legendary

Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 12:33:29 AM

Drivers fasten their seat belts not to protect them, but to avoid getting a fine.

And if ever one of my children (when they are old enough) are caught driving without a seatbelt I will be hoping and very much expecting that they receive a fine for their stupidity.

If all stupidity resulted in a government fine... we'd all be infinitely worse off than letting Darwinism take its natural course.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
apsvinet

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:14:36 PM

Income tax is good
I have to disagree. There is nothing good about it, it's just pure communism. Income tax basically says: "you are smart, hard working, prospering person - pay more so we can take your money and redistribute (give it away on things that are important to us). You are a lazy, wife beating, alcoholic - we will give you social benefits, rehabilitation and help you pay taxes, because you are sick and need the society's help.
The only thing you leave out of the equation is the value of life.
If we can't corporate as a species in smaller communities we're
further down on the evolutionary scale than a pack of wolves.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
westkybitcoins
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:05:16 AM

Income tax is good
I have to disagree. There is nothing good about it, it's just pure communism. Income tax basically says: "you are smart, hard working, prospering person - pay more so we can take your money and redistribute (give it away on things that are important to us). You are a lazy, wife beating, alcoholic - we will give you social benefits, rehabilitation and help you pay taxes, because you are sick and need the society's help.

The key word there being cooperate, which is the opposite of forcing those who disagree through threats and coercion.

Somehow Western society seems to have gotten it into their heads that "cooperate" really just means "obey every dictate of public servants."

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
countryfree
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:04:42 AM

Good, but not everybody's like you. I wish countries which impose fines on drivers who don't wear their seat belts stop doing that. It would be highly educative for the population to see more people dying.

countryfree
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:17:07 AM

Because we finance the goverment that way, the goverment pays for teachers,doctors,roads..

It is a way we live, the only way we could remove it is if we had individual taxes for teachers,doctors,politicans and extra taxes which would be discussed if someone suggested to buld something Smiley

No, in most countries, income tax doesn't pay for doctors or roads. There are payroll taxes and fuel taxes for this. Income tax pays for the army, for spying on the global population, financing subsidies to the big oil companies, the best restaurants for officials, etc...

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:52:44 AM

Your definition of cooperation is so loose, it becomes impossible to see why slavery is no longer practiced--after all, the slaves and the slave-owners were cooperating, so it can't have been a big deal, right?  If the only difference between a slave and a citizen to you is whether they get struck by their owner on a regular basis, then it comes as no surprise why you accept and advocate the use of violence against your fellow man in the name of "cooperation" and attack anyone who dares ask that you stop.

Furthermore: why is it that only a man with the mentality of a child will demand that others "grow up"?  There's an extremely unusual phenomenon among much of society in which every negative quality the individual owns is projected onto others who clearly do not have them, thus allowing the individual to feel as though his traits are not negative, but normal; this concept even fits with an individual's belief systems, i.e. "Anarchy is chaos and the state is order," when clearly the opposite is true, as the individual cannot accept that his own beliefs are causing chaos in the world; anyone who asserts warfare and democide is justice and order needs to get out of his bubble, as there has never been so much chaos amongst human beings as with the state--lo and behold, you assert this exact same notion to someone else, but unlike me, without any reasoning or evidence as to why, ergo: the only other place you can get these baseless assertions from is within.

You have a propensity to lecture others on your beliefs due to your fatherhood, which has worked well on your children assuming you've stopped them from questioning anything you don't agree with, but works horrendously on anyone you have no power over, i.e. people who don't share your biases.  If you're not here to learn and grow, you're wasting your time: argument is not about winning, which is why you never will.

dx5

Activity: 303
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:30:04 AM

I don't mind. I mind more on how the money is wasted.
imready2rock

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 11:10:34 AM

Agree ! It's better not to dispute if income tax is good or bad it's better to think about how the government use this budget income and carry the bag!

westkybitcoins
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:31:52 PM

Agree ! It's better not to dispute if income tax is good or bad it's better to think about how the government use this budget income and carry the bag!

Disagree.

How the funds are used isn't the issue. The fact remains that an income tax is immoral, destructive, and unnecessary, and should be abolished.

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:00:18 PM

The endless debate.

Most of the time people don't have any argument. You just say that the other is stupid.

I don't like paying income tax but in my country (France), education and healthcare are free. This is priceless.

On the other hand you Americans are paying taxes for nothing. You get fucked by your government and most of you agree with it. Priceless.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 10:05:39 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 07:44:24 PM by Maged

Tax reform will never happen because the politicians would lose out. Doesn't matter who you vote for.

Indeed, as it's only who counts the votes that matters.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: