Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:18:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 [650] 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058426 times)
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:52:08 AM

If crypto survives and DGB goes ahead with a little bit better development and PR strategy, then my guess, yes we may see that price within 4-5 years...

I imagine we'll see that price a lot sooner, but whether it stays at that level for any meaningful time is anybody's guess.

I hope it won't take too long before we see a lot of copy/paste coins die and let the other survive and represent the CC community the right way. When it'll happen the price of the surviving coins will rise for sure.
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 07:42:20 AM

Hi there

Have you seen that you can buy DGB at litebit.eu with Visa .... woot! just ordered a million.
already bought some millions with SEPA, lets see how this Visa transaction goes, suppose its faster than SEPA bank transfer Smiley

Regards   

Wow! The price is 0.00001400 instead of 0.00000020.

In addition, with max 1000 DGB per order did you fill 1000+ orders to get million? I doubt.

Buy BTC, take it to Cryptsy, and use it to buy DGB!

yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 09:42:10 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2014, 09:53:11 AM by yoyoamigo

I have been following Digibyte for a long time now, started mining and then started buying. they are serious about this crypto business.

On a side note, there's way too many alt coins. according to coinmarketcap.com, there's like 500++! I seriously think we need to start blacklisting some of them if some of those coins are already obsolete or are really out to scam people. Once we have that, the confidence of those alt coins in the whitelist will get boosted, which may in turn boost their price value, or at the very least, remained in tact.

Does Cryptsy do any Integrity Check on any of these alt coins before deciding to add them? It would be good to only add those who are seriously into the crypto business. They will need some guidelines or standards to follow by. such as properly contacting with the alt-coin devs to discuss and ensure that its all real before adding them. stuff like that.

But of course, if any serious alt coins intend to take advantage of this crypto situation as part of their strategy, by all means. But in time to come, we will eventually need to separate the real ones from the fake.

Continue whatever you are doing Digibyte TEAM! Keep things real and keep in touch with the community!  Grin

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 10:39:34 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2014, 11:28:58 AM by halinyo

I have been following Digibyte for a long time now, started mining and then started buying. they are serious about this crypto business.

On a side note, there's way too many alt coins. according to coinmarketcap.com, there's like 500++! I seriously think we need to start blacklisting some of them if some of those coins are already obsolete or are really out to scam people. Once we have that, the confidence of those alt coins in the whitelist will get boosted, which may in turn boost their price value, or at the very least, remained in tact.

Does Cryptsy do any Integrity Check on any of these alt coins before deciding to add them? It would be good to only add those who are seriously into the crypto business. They will need some guidelines or standards to follow by. such as properly contacting with the alt-coin devs to discuss and ensure that its all real before adding them. stuff like that.

But of course, if any serious alt coins intend to take advantage of this crypto situation as part of their strategy, by all means. But in time to come, we will eventually need to separate the real ones from the fake.

Continue whatever you are doing Digibyte TEAM! Keep things real and keep in touch with the community!  Grin

The thing you are telling here can be Easily achieved with regulation. Only serious coins have to register officially and they will need to get into business after at least 1 year beta phase or trial time. And there will be steps to take during this 1 year for those serious coins to prove, like registration fee, official company registration, declaring belongings, etc. Those coins left with premine would not register after the trial phase... Etc...

I am personally not against regulation as long as it is fair to everyone.
And i think regulation is gonna happen sometime sooner or altcoin will die right away.

To be honest, speedy transactions are not necessary while shopping. Therefore lots of attributes of those coins, who advocates they are "unique" is not necessarily unique and may even be worthless. These attributes of bitcoin, named as drawbacks, can easily be eliminated with a few software controls and tricks. It is not a problem. Hence, I believe either bitcoin and litecoin will be the only coins with regulation (rest will be illegal) or regulation will come in place for all those coins in existence.
suchPotato

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 11:35:42 AM

Continue whatever you are doing Digibyte TEAM! Keep things real and keep in touch with the community!  Grin

The thing you are telling here can be Easily achieved with regulation. Only serious coins have to register officially and they will need to get into business after at least 1 year beta phase or trial time. And there will be steps to take during this 1 year for those serious coins to prove, like registration fee, official company registration, declaring belongings, etc. Those coins left with premine would not register after the trial phase... Etc...

And i think regulation is gonna happen sometime sooner or altcoin will die right away.

To be honest, speedy transactions are not necessary while shopping. Therefore lots of attributes of those coins, who advocates they are "unique" is not necessarily unique and may even be worthless. These attributes of bitcoin, named as drawbacks, can easily be eliminated with a few software controls and tricks. It is not a problem. Hence, I believe either bitcoin and litecoin will be the only coins or regulation will come in place for all those coins in existence.

I think the opposite: this chaotic situation is pretty good, the pump and dumps only have the effect of immunizing the crypto communiy from price manipulation in the end the crypto community will progress however it finds a way, without big artificial swings.

Besides insignificant coins die on their own, let them be.

Regulation will definitley come at some point, but it'll probably be a mess and nobody will follow it, to the detriment of all, it's nothing to look forward to (policymakers, time after time, have proven to be unable to understand how these things work, and intend to keep ignoring simple math, but math > any regulation).

Lawzt

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:26:00 PM

Hi there

Have you seen that you can buy DGB at litebit.eu with Visa .... woot! just ordered a million.
already bought some millions with SEPA, lets see how this Visa transaction goes, suppose its faster than SEPA bank transfer Smiley

Regards   

In addition, with max 1000 DGB per order did you fill 1000+ orders to get million? I doubt.

Sorry but maybe I misunderstand you, but what is the point to buy BTC and take it to Cryptsy to buy DGB, when you can buy DGB directly with fiat at litebit. What is the point in paying fees 2 times? Smiley
ycagel

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:32:52 PM

Lawzt,
 I think what HR was saying is forget about what DGB's rate is and just go buy it for long term!

YC

Hi there

Regards   

Sorry but maybe I misunderstand you, but what is the point to buy BTC and take it to Cryptsy to buy DGB, when you can buy DGB directly with fiat at litebit. What is the point in paying fees 2 times? Smiley
Lawzt

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:36:59 PM

Well that I DO understand, and that I certainly recommend everyone to do as well  Wink

Lawzt,
 I think what HR was saying is forget about what DGB's rate is and just go buy it for long term!

YC

Hi there

Regards   

halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:42:12 PM

To be honest, speedy transactions are not necessary while shopping. Therefore lots of attributes of those coins, who advocates they are "unique" is not necessarily unique and may even be worthless. These attributes of bitcoin, named as drawbacks, can easily be eliminated with a few software controls and tricks. It is not a problem. Hence, I believe either bitcoin and litecoin will be the only coins or regulation will come in place for all those coins in existence.

I think the opposite: this chaotic situation is pretty good, the pump and dumps only have the effect of immunizing the crypto communiy from price manipulation in the end the crypto community will progress however it finds a way, without big artificial swings.

Besides insignificant coins die on their own, let them be.

Regulation will definitley come at some point, but it'll probably be a mess and nobody will follow it, to the detriment of all, it's nothing to look forward to (policymakers, time after time, have proven to be unable to understand how these things work, and intend to keep ignoring simple math, but math > any regulation).

I respect.

We agree to disagree on how crypto should be. However, seems like we agree on the inevitability of regulation coming. Cheers.
CryptoLTD

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:52:53 PM

take a look at this

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/silver-law-group-files-lawsuits-against-cryptocurrency-exchanges-bitcoin-savings-trust-and-cryptsy-2014-10-23

looks like cryptsy is in deep shit , I just transfered my digibyte from the exchange to my wallet .

Make sure to transfer all your DigiBytes out of Cryptsy to protect from losses in case this goes south for them. It is never a good idea to leave your DigiBytes or Bitcoin on any exchanged for too long. We have all seen too many exchanges fail.

It seems Cryptsy's practice of putting up a new pump & dump coin every week is now catching up with them. They are partially to blame for the eruption of new scam clones every week.

Unfortunately the timing of this cannot be any worse. Combined with the Mintpal fiasco the alt coin market as taken a huge blow. There is definitely a vacuum right now for a trusted alt coin exchange. We are working hard to fill this void, we  have an exchange in alpha, but there is still much work to be done. We are not going to release a platform that is not very solid & secure. We also want to get the exchange insured, but this process is not easy.

Has anyone still not been able to withdraw their coins from Mintpal?

Shocked that the dev made this statement, when there are clearly other exchanges that are far FAR worse. You should keep your nose out of the politics and fix your own issues. Making bold statements like this against the ONLY decent exchange that is US based will hurt your credibility far worse that brick & mortar claims adaptation claims while you still had pre-mine funds, now we look @ weeks for fixes for inoperable algos. Funny how this all works.. when theres premine funds, hype it as much as possible, travel the world.. now that 'suposedly' you dont have premine funds (it seems this is actually the case), its all 2nd priority now. Typical. Want to cast stones, cast them @ exchanges like polo who is the epicenter of IPO scam coins. One more time for clarity, jumping on gossip trains makes you look very unprofessional. That being said, I still have my DGB, but for pete's sake..lets act like grown educated people & not 13 year old pre-pubecent little girls.

Jared has already clarified it above if you put your glasses on ! ... What is your point with this pointless post ?

In case you did not put your glasses on:

We have conducted our own research into this matter, including reading the actual suit: http://www.silverlaw.com/files/BitcoinComplaint.pdf

It does appear this lawsuit doesn't have much ground to stand on. Cryptsy is a very easy target, because there is an easy avenue for consumer recourse ( State of Florida, FinCEN). We hope this turns out well for them as this would be a huge blow to everyone in the alt market if they were to shutdown. As always, it is a good idea to only move coins to an exchange when you are ready to trade.

My point is QUITE clear. Jared, Like most youngins tend to jump on bandwagons of gossipy crap in hopes to go with the ebb & flow of what 'appears' to be 'FACT' & 1st glance. In fact, part of taking him & digibyte seriosly as anything other than a pump & dump so he could get some world travel time in on our dimes is essential right now. Jumping to conclusions and then retracting statements is NOT the way to do business. May want to see a recent case of this with chip MFGR FTDI. They pretty much just within the past few days destroyed themselves. Retracted now means nothing, its already been documented that jumping to non-factual conclusions is OK for this coin team.Rubbish. See you all on the LTC markets in 2 months. :-D
Lawzt

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:01:46 PM

Hi There

Well that was certainly a fast transaction!
Placed the order 26-10-2014 @ 17:05
Got the DGB in my wallet 26-10-2014 @ 17:37

Hi there

Regards   

Thx, keep us updated please.

Thx again!

tdcooper99

Activity: 215

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:23:00 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2014, 01:56:44 PM by tdcooper99

Hi There

Hi there

Regards  

Thx again!

Very cool...  just ordered a million myself! Even with card surcharge price is pretty much the same or maybe even a little cheaper as currently trading for BTC...! Not sure how they are making money on this?

UPDATE: Order placed at 13:17 GMT, in my wallet at 13:25!

CryptoLTD

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:25:32 PM

Hi There

Hi there

Regards   

Thx again!

Very cool...  just ordered a million myself! Even with card surcharge price is pretty much the same or maybe even a little cheaper as currently trading for BTC...! Not sure how they are making money on this?

It's called taking a lower loss than they will tomorrow & the next day..and a week from now.
Kayahoga

Activity: 146

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:05:04 PM

How are things with the new Android wallet and the Wiki coming?  Have those been released yet?
24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 02:06:24 PM

Litebit and litepaid are the same.  They make the most money with litepaid!

I asked them to add dgb so i can use it for my webshop and they added it the day after!   They are awesome!     Now my new webshop platform needs to accept there payment api!

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
ycagel

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:15:25 PM

Another nice news bit:

Why Wall Streeters Are Turning to Bitcoin for a Living

Joon Ian Wong (@joonian) | Published on October 26, 2014 at 13:12 GMT   

When banking giant Citi announced it would lay off 11,000 employees last May in a bid to save a billion dollars in expenses, Arthur Hayes was one of the staffers given a pink slip.

Hayes had been a 'Delta One' proprietary trader for Citi in Hong Kong, acting as a market-maker for the bank's Asian exchange-traded fund products. He had spent his career in financial institutions, starting out at Deutsche Bank.

While polishing his resume to rejoin the job market, Hayes came across bitcoin. He couldn't resist trading the cryptocurrency. To his delight, the markets turned out to be a gold mine for him:

"I found there were lots of inefficiencies. If you apply traditional financial theory, it was mispricing everything. There was lots of money to be made trading bitcoin."

Suddenly, reporting to yet another managing director at a bank became less attractive to Hayes. Trading bitcoin for a living beat hitting targets for bonuses.

"You work all year for someone else [at a bank], then they'll tell you what you're worth with your bonus. With bitcoin, it's better. Everything you make is yours," he said.
Wall Street's calamities drive bitcoin trading

Hayes isn't the only one to turn his back on traditional finance to seek opportunities among cryptocurrencies. In the cryptomarkets, traders are finding the volatility they used to find in stocks, currencies and commodities – even as big banks continue to cut jobs and pay billions in fines in the aftermath of the financial crisis.

Regulators have slapped big banks with huge fines in the last two years. The biggest and most recent fine has been Bank of America, which agreed to pay $16.65bn to the Securities and Exchange Commission in August. The six biggest banks have paid $130bn in fines and settlements since 2009.

It's not just money that's flowing out of the banks. They're continuing to shed jobs around the world, too. Citi announced this month that it would shutter its consumer banking business in 11 countries, including Japan. JP Morgan is on track to make 17,000 positions redundant by the end of the year. According to research by Johnson Associates, banking as a whole is 20,000 jobs below the level of employment before the financial crisis.

All of this means that bank employees with a yen for cryptocurrency are more likely to make the jump now rather than wait to be pushed out. One of those people is George Samman, who managed portfolios at Wellington Shields, a New York brokerage. Today, he's trying to build a bitcoin derivatives exchange at BTC.sx.

"Finance isn't the glorious place it once was. Bonuses are low, salaries are low. It's not where you want to be any more," he said.

Samman describes meeting "old-school" former colleagues recently who bombarded him with questions about getting into the bitcoin markets. They were tired of watching placid equity markets at work:

"It's been slow for awhile ... Everyone's in a sad, miserable state because there's no money to be made. Trading volumes have been low, commissions have been slashed over time and it's a completely different place to what it was – and it's not coming back."

Stagnant markets shrink opportunities to profit

Although the markets – particularly US equities – have been roiling in the last two weeks, they have been placid in recent years. From stocks to oil, traders have struggled for years to find the volatility they need to make money.

The VIX, known colloquially as the 'fear index', is the most widely used gauge of volatility in the US equities market. Last year it hit a five-year low of 11.3, well below its range the previous year. The Federal Reserve's quantitative easing policy is generally held to be the cause of low volatility in the financial markets.
Source: Yahoo FinanceSource: Yahoo Finance

Traders are hurting. A survey of the financial industry conducted in July by brokerage ConvergEx found traders grousing over the difficulty of trading profitably in a low volatility environment. More than 60% of firms on the sell-side –  those who deal in products and services supplied to buyers like hedge funds and other institutions – said low volatility had been 'bad or very bad' for business.

Jean Marie Mognetti ran a commodities fund under the Global Advisors banner in Jersey. But as commodities trading ground to a halt because of low volatility, he and his partner, Daniel Masters, a former top trader at JP Morgan, began trading bitcoin for themselves.

"We had a simple bullish view, and the more we saw, the more we wanted to see. It came to the point that we said we need to share this investment opportunity with other people," he said.

Mognetti and Masters launched Global Advisors Bitcoin Investment Fund, a hedge fund for bitcoin based in Jersey, in July. They plan to have $200m under management, and have bought a first tranche of bitcoin from Digital BTC, the miner that listed on the Australian Stock Exchange.

Mognetti said the bitcoin markets have supplied more trading opportunities – and thus chances to make money – than his old stomping grounds of spot oil prices.

"I can tell you right away, crude oil is extremely boring for the last year and a half [...] We're still trading commodities, but our commodity focus is slowing down because clients are not liking them. It's just like us being bored of crude oil."

By contrast, clients are clamouring to get in on the cryptocurrency action, Mognetti claimed:

"We never managed to sell anything in Jersey in six years. Now we get people in Jersey calling us," he said, days after his fund announced its launch in August.
Wall Street is losing its lustre among graduates

Former Wall Streeters who cross over to cryptocurrencies say they are hardly being ostracised for dealing in exotic digital assets. Instead, ex-colleagues are peppering them with questions and giving them kudos for closing profitable trades in digital currency markets.

Gavin Smith, who heads First Global Credit, a firm that provides contracts-for-difference on global equities that can be bought with bitcoin, said the cryptocurrency markets are what traders have been looking for since volatility died down in recent years. He used to devise risk-hedging strategies for Credit Suisse and Trafigura, the commodities trading giant.

"[Cryptocurrencies] are more comfortable for people with our background because we're used to hedging what is quite a volatile underlying [asset]. The oil side of things has been especially quiet over the last three to four years. but we're used to the challenges of protecting your position in a more volatile environment."
Source: UniversumSource: Universum

Earning big bucks at a bank appears to have lost its lustre among young people joining the workforce for the first time. Research by Universum, a consultancy that advises companies on how to position their brands for recruiting, shows that the attractiveness of joining a bank has dropped among business and commerce students over the last three years.

According to Universum, finance students, meanwhile, are still enthusiastic about bank careers, but they now see it as a stepping stone towards being an entrepreneur.

Hayes, the former Citi prop trader who has now started BitMEX, another bitcoin derivatives platform, said:

"No one in banking loves their job. They're there because they're making money – currently. But they all understand that if there's something new and exciting, and there's a possibility of making great returns, they're totally supportive of it. All the startup guys make way more money now than banking guys, anyway."

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/wall-streeters-turning-bitcoin-living/
AizenSou

Activity: 938

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:16:42 PM

Someone knows cryptomining pool owner ? Their pool is down for over 24h, stratum server still works and my miners still mining there, but no payout for over 24h.
Thanks in advance.

Seconded. The site went down right before I was go hit my payment threshold. They don't seem to have an active thread here and their twitter hasn't been updated in over a month. Any info regarding the pools status would be much appreciated. 

Yes at least they stole 300k DGBs payment from me until now. Nowhere to contact them and IMHO Digibyte should remove their pool from the OP for further inspection.
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:39:41 PM

Someone knows cryptomining pool owner ? Their pool is down for over 24h, stratum server still works and my miners still mining there, but no payout for over 24h.
Thanks in advance.

Seconded. The site went down right before I was go hit my payment threshold. They don't seem to have an active thread here and their twitter hasn't been updated in over a month. Any info regarding the pools status would be much appreciated. 

Yes at least they stole 300k DGBs payment from me until now. Nowhere to contact them and IMHO Digibyte should remove their pool from the OP for further inspection.

Any notice should be made about the site, to keep people from mining on it until any update from the owner.
24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 09:05:02 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2014, 09:46:32 PM by 24hralttrade

Thanks in advance.

Any notice should be made about the site, to keep people from mining on it until any update from the owner.

Sad to see this.
thrassos is the owner of cryptopoolmining,Not online for 1 month.
I did send him a message so let's hope there will be some answers.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=203841

Digibyte please clear the OP so there is not any confusion.

How many coins are lost in total?
please report this!

@ Digibyte team, Please keep us posted with updates and how things going atm.

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
bogglor

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

DigiByte? Yes!

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:41:46 PM

Looks like the cryptopoolmining website is back, and I got a payment today:

Here's a link to the transaction.

My current miner setup: Linux - Ubuntu 12.04, Two 1.3Mh/s Scrypt ASICs, Two Radeon HD 7850 GPU mining different algos (usually qubit or skein).
Click here for my DGB Address QR code.   DGB Address: D6ZLjbSWu2mse3EqtoSn93nFrJ85wPKBF5
I have the DGB Gaming Wallet on my Galaxy S6
Pages: « 1 ... 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 [650] 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: