Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:29:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 [1524] 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055610 times)
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 04:10:38 PM

Do you think your "innocent" posts has no influence on market? This is place, where people follow everything regarding alt.

Tell that to Jared who has spent the better part of a year trying to destroy this board and keep everything "secret" on Telegram!

You tell me what I'm trying to do. At the end of the day, that's what we'll have to settle on since you will settle for nothing else but what you think.

But I will tell you this: transparency and integrity are two words under my avatar that will give you a hint . . . if you really wanted to know.

And no, for as important a source of information that you might think this is, one person's opinion is not going to move the market in the least. In fact, the current correction on the 15 minute chart started hours before this exchange began.

Sorry. Try again.

P.S. I will give you this though, the community as a whole can certainly have longer term affects on price (as Jared well knows) as well as Dev remarks can (as Jared also well knows  Wink ).

HR,

Emotions have been stirred this week for sure. Many peoples lives have been changed, and many more will be. But let us all take a step back and put everything in perspective and look at the bigger picture.

We have been public, transparent and open since day one. There is no agenda to keep anything secret on Telegram to destroy this board. Telegram happens to be a very efficient form of communication that many people are now drawn to. We are pushing 2,000 people there now. It is the easiest way for people to get direct help and feedback without scrolling here through dozens of pages looking for answers.

We have many things we can improve on for sure and we value and take note of everyone's opinions and feedback. We would love to have thoroughly detailed documents, videos, guides etc. However, this all takes time and resources which are a scarce commodity for anyone. We are not perfect.

Before this rise we have been stretched very thin to get things to this point. The Segwit upgrades and 0.14 upgrades we worked on for almost 6 months while working on everything else. That is why we are the most up to date chain out there. Even litecoin did not fully upgrade to all 0.14 enhancements. Finding quality developer and marketing talent is very hard. We have been burned by several people over the last three years offering marketing or developer services. Or people we hired.

There are millions of people in crypto now, each with their own opinion and perspective of how, when and why things should be done. We are never going to satisfy everyone's wants, needs, and emotions all at once.

This is a decentralized blockchain, anyone can help create how-to guides, help develop platforms and applications as well as help make marketing materials.  We warmly welcome all the help we can get. To borrow from the spirit of JFK's inaugural address: "My fellow DigiByters, ask not what DigiByte can do for you, ask what you can do for DigiByte." Everyone is benefiting here after all. We work together and we all win.

For those searching for "roadmaps" "visions" etc this has been posted, changed and updated many times in many places. Most recent being in January where we laid out what we are working on and have actively been working on. Check YouTube.  Over the past three years, this industry has changed rapidly and so has the roadmap. Being flexible and innovative has given us our advantage. We will be updating the website very soon as we agree this needs to be much more clear on there.

We are working on better apps, better wallets, better guides and better marketing materials but there is only 24 hours in a day and we often work 14-16 hours a day for weeks on end with a focus on actual development and coding. We have demonstrated consistent committed development for 3 years with limited resources. However, given the current state of the market, we are able to get some more resources applied to where they are needed most here soon. So stay tuned.

Let us keep our own disagreement internal and move on. But please note your personal messages and attacks often cross the line. The points you are trying to make can be delivered much more eloquently without creating stiff resistance, not just from us but the community. We are not perfect, no one is perfect.

We have many new people here that we would like to warmly welcome to the community. So let's get on with things. Rome was not built in a day.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptmebro

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 04:15:58 PM

i was pages behind when I commented. I don't want to comment anymore. disregard
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 04:24:20 PM

And now, the bad:

-There doesn't appear to have been any serious activity in Github for a couple of months now.. I keep hearing about how active and dedicated the development team is, so is the apparent lack of development just a temporary post-release thing or is it something deeper?
-Some really instantly obvious bugs in the client (like the sync time remaining showing several years)... Not that this is necessarily a major issue but it doesn't leave a good impression, especially for a currency that wants to appeal to the masses.
-Stuff left outstanding on the repository that certainly doesn't demonstrate any care of the part of the developers, for instance the 'DigiByte vs DigiByte' paragraph on the README.md which is supposed to be about DigiByte vs. Bitcoin is big obvious front-facing error that was even pointed out in the github bugs a couple of months ago.. and weren't responded to or the issue addressed.
-On that note, there seems to be a lack of 'thin' wallets, meaning anyone wanting to hold essentially needs to run a full node.. there appears to have been one light 'gamer wallet' which was apparently pulled for being buggy. Of course these would appear if the currency took off in any way, which is a chicken and egg thing, I suppose.
-No Wikipedia page to speak of (just gives the impression this is not a real thing)
-Some reports on Reddit about Digibyte gaming being more or less unusable, people losing coins, etc... This is supposed to be a flagship application of the currency but it's obviously there yet.
-There seems to be quite a bit of hype around Minecraft integration, but there is no deal whatsoever with Mojang or Microsoft to justify this, just plans for a private server which gives out DGB.. not that this isn't an interesting project but it's pure speculation as to whether it will take off or receive sufficient attention to make it a factor, especially given there's no official sponsorship of it, or for any other games for that matter.
-I'd have some concerns about the potential size of the blockchain, especially if/when it gains more general adoption.

Thanks for your feedback!

As for Github, please note we have several accounts and repositories. digibyte-team, dgbholdings and digibyte. We also have private repos for projects such as DiguSign.com which has been under constant development by several people for 8 months now.

Check lates commits here: https://github.com/digibyte/digibyte/commits/master Yes it has been a month but look at last 3 years of hsitory. We switched into marketing mode as most people can see now.

Wikipedia page - great project for a community member to take on. Would be very helpful.

Minecraft - is a third party developer, not core dev team so can't comment.

Blockchain size  has plenty of room to grow and will be addressed as needed.

We will be posting much more on the cybersecurity front and upcoming DiguSign release soon. Very exciting stuff in the works.

Myriad Force

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Buy Low, Sell at Alpha Centauri

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 04:35:25 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2017, 04:54:49 PM by Myriad Force

Do you think your "innocent" posts has no influence on market? This is place, where people follow everything regarding alt.

Tell that to Jared who has spent the better part of a year trying to destroy this board and keep everything "secret" on Telegram!

You tell me what I'm trying to do. At the end of the day, that's what we'll have to settle on since you will settle for nothing else but what you think.

But I will tell you this: transparency and integrity are two words under my avatar that will give you a hint . . . if you really wanted to know.

And no, for as important a source of information that you might think this is, one person's opinion is not going to move the market in the least. In fact, the current correction on the 15 minute chart started hours before this exchange began.

Sorry. Try again.

P.S. I will give you this though, the community as a whole can certainly have longer term affects on price (as Jared well knows) as well as Dev remarks can (as Jared also well knows  Wink ).

HR,

Emotions have been stirred this week for sure. Many peoples lives have been changed, and many more will be. But let us all take a step back and put everything in perspective and look at the bigger picture.

We have been public, transparent and open since day one. There is no agenda to keep anything secret on Telegram to destroy this board. Telegram happens to be a very efficient form of communication that many people are now drawn to. We are pushing 2,000 people there now. It is the easiest way for people to get direct help and feedback without scrolling here through dozens of pages looking for answers.

We have many things we can improve on for sure and we value and take note of everyone's opinions and feedback. We would love to have thoroughly detailed documents, videos, guides etc. However, this all takes time and resources which are a scarce commodity for anyone. We are not perfect.

Before this rise we have been stretched very thin to get things to this point. The Segwit upgrades and 0.14 upgrades we worked on for almost 6 months while working on everything else. That is why we are the most up to date chain out there. Even litecoin did not fully upgrade to all 0.14 enhancements. Finding quality developer and marketing talent is very hard. We have been burned by several people over the last three years offering marketing or developer services. Or people we hired.

There are millions of people in crypto now, each with their own opinion and perspective of how, when and why things should be done. We are never going to satisfy everyone's wants, needs, and emotions all at once.

This is a decentralized blockchain, anyone can help create how-to guides, help develop platforms and applications as well as help make marketing materials.  We warmly welcome all the help we can get. To borrow from the spirit of JFK's inaugural address: "My fellow DigiByters, ask not what DigiByte can do for you, ask what you can do for DigiByte." Everyone is benefiting here after all. We work together and we all win.

For those searching for "roadmaps" "visions" etc this has been posted, changed and updated many times in many places. Most recent being in January where we laid out what we are working on and have actively been working on. Check YouTube.  Over the past three years, this industry has changed rapidly and so has the roadmap. Being flexible and innovative has given us our advantage. We will be updating the website very soon as we agree this needs to be much more clear on there.

We are working on better apps, better wallets, better guides and better marketing materials but there is only 24 hours in a day and we often work 14-16 hours a day for weeks on end with a focus on actual development and coding. We have demonstrated consistent committed development for 3 years with limited resources. However, given the current state of the market, we are able to get some more resources applied to where they are needed most here soon. So stay tuned.

Let us keep our own disagreement internal and move on. But please note your personal messages and attacks often cross the line. The points you are trying to make can be delivered much more eloquently without creating stiff resistance, not just from us but the community. We are not perfect, no one is perfect.

We have many new people here that we would like to warmly welcome to the community. So let's get on with things. Rome was not built in a day.

Wonderfully balanced response.

What I would love to see, is an articulate, and at least semi-attractive woman, who can also be the face and spokesman for Digibytes -
Joyce Kim from Stellar and Tiana Laurence from Factom, add that maternal dynamic and are always a pleasure to watch and listen to.

Before the big Stellar rise, I was pumping out Joyce Kim videos (Not Jed McCaleb) at the Trollbox-
No doubt that the more fresh Youtube videos we have to market DGB, the higher we will watch the price move.
bpanther

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 05:32:07 PM

Lets work together and make the digibyte what we want it to be. I know there can be some personal issues between the individuals and I am sure its only a misunderstanding. But one thing is sure that everyone of us who truly believe in Digibyte have only one vision, which is to see Digibyte dominating the crypto space. Jared to me feels like one of the most transparent leader and HR a very good market analyst, who believe in the project. Lets not waste the moment to celebrate the very early days of our success. Cheers   
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 05:43:10 PM

I rest my case. Everyone has said their piece and anyone with a cent of common sense can see what there is to see here and make their appropriate decisions.

When someone attacks you publicly accusing you of trying to extort them when they actually turned down the business deal of their lives, and then so calmly turns the world upside down and calls you the attacker, well, we all know what that is, or at least those of us who are successful do (because being successful means staying clear of those types).

Good luck Jared.

_______________________________________________________________________________ ________________

I made lots of money with DGB and I'll always remember it fondly, something that could have been great, but it's time to say goodbye. Always best to leave while you're a winner.

Oh, by the way, did anybody think to ask just how DigiByte got on CryptoID? They're soooo busy that they can't even document what they're doing (not even release notes? that should be a cut and paste of the coding . . . more or less . . . anybody with just a little exposure to that knows what I'm talking about), can't get anything right with lightweight wallets, DiguSign, etc., and complain about you reporting the issues, do you think it was DigiByte? Hell no! They don't want you to have that much blockchain info. They don't want you to have a rich list. Has anyone checked to see if what Jared said yesterday really jives with the real data rich list?

If you are answering these questions with a "no", or "don't know", do yourself a favor and do a reality check. That's just one of many examples too. And if you're asking what the others are, go back and read again, starting in 2014. And if you're too lazy, then save yourself the pain and start looking at the 2nd generation cryptocurrencies - many are already doing what DigiByte says it wants to someday do (without a road map of course, we all know the drill by now, maybe it'll change again, but by that time someone else will have it implemented - a day late, a dollar short). With these kinds of attitudes, complacency and arrogance, they wouldn't be able to make this thing successful even if someone gave it to them.

Just my assessment. Good luck with yours.

And don't blame me. 350 is still a phenomenal cash out level.

Cheers

bpanther

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 05:48:52 PM

I rest my case. Everyone has said their piece and anyone with a cent of common sense can see what there is to see here and make their appropriate decisions.

When someone attacks you publicly accusing you of trying to extort them when they actually turned down the business deal of their lives, and then so calmly turns the world upside down and calls you the attacker, well, we all know what that is, or at least those of us who are successful do (because being successful means staying clear of those types).

Good luck Jared.

_______________________________________________________________________________ ________________

I made lots of money with DGB and I'll always remember it fondly, something that could have been great, but it's time to say goodbye. Always best to leave while you're a winner.

Oh, by the way, did anybody think to ask just how DigiByte got on CryptoID? They're soooo busy that they can't even document what they're doing (not even release notes? that should be a cut and paste of the coding . . . more or less . . . anybody with just a little exposure to that knows what I'm talking about), can't get anything right with lightweight wallets, DiguSign, etc., and complain about you reporting the issues, do you think it was DigiByte? Hell no! They don't want you to have that much blockchain info. They don't want you to have a rich list. Has anyone checked to see if what Jared said yesterday really jives with the real data rich list?

If you are answering these questions with a "no", or "don't know", do yourself a favor and do a reality check. That's just one of many examples too. (And if you're asking what the others are, go back and read again, starting in 2014. And if you're too lazy, then save yourself the pain and start looking at the 2nd generation cryptocurrencies - many are already doing what DigiByte says it wants to someday do (without a road map of course, we all know the drill by now, maybe it'll change again, but by that time someone else will have it implemented - a day late, a dollar short). With these kinds of attitudes, complacency and arrogance, they wouldn't be able to make this thing successful even if someone gave it to them.

Cheers

Phew, you are really upset.
testnet.worker1

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 05:53:27 PM

Good luck Jared.

If you are answering these questions with a "no", or "don't know", do yourself a favor and do a reality check. That's just one of many examples too. And if you're asking what the others are, go back and read again, starting in 2014. And if you're too lazy, then save yourself the pain and start looking at the 2nd generation cryptocurrencies - many are already doing what DigiByte says it wants to someday do (without a road map of course, we all know the drill by now, maybe it'll change again, but by that time someone else will have it implemented - a day late, a dollar short). With these kinds of attitudes, complacency and arrogance, they wouldn't be able to make this thing successful even if someone gave it to them.

Cheers

Something tells me this post really ends with
Cheers ["b"]
bpanther

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 05:53:54 PM

HR, the way you are saying 350 is a good value now, contradicts hugely with your previous statements where you were seeing 0.001 BTC per DGB by July. How can this happen after you leave DGB? Will you start anti DGB campaign now? Take a brake man, don't miss out, lets thrive together.
cryptmebro

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 06:02:21 PM

Good luck Jared.

Cheers

This is an open source project and community; majority wins. If you really think it was such a great business deal, you can present it here. If the community believes it's great, then it will be the direction. If it's really that great, someone else will take you up on the offer. DGB doesn't need any one person to promote an idea or direction. If they are against DGB best interest, the majority will decide the path forward. Anyone can promote DGB. Anyone can contribute to the code, or direction of the project.

There is no reason for this bickering. You sound like a millennial. Too much good contribution from you over the years to succumb to this.
Yeastplume

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 06:22:15 PM

Thanks for your feedback!

As for Github, please note we have several accounts and repositories. digibyte-team, dgbholdings and digibyte. We also have private repos for projects such as DiguSign.com which has been under constant development by several people for 8 months now.

Check lates commits here: https://github.com/digibyte/digibyte/commits/master Yes it has been a month but look at last 3 years of hsitory. We switched into marketing mode as most people can see now.

Wikipedia page - great project for a community member to take on. Would be very helpful.

Minecraft - is a third party developer, not core dev team so can't comment.

Blockchain size  has plenty of room to grow and will be addressed as needed.

We will be posting much more on the cybersecurity front and upcoming DiguSign release soon. Very exciting stuff in the works.

Thanks very much for your response, completely understand from this and your other post earlier that bandwidth is limited and things have to be prioritised. The fact that the community seems to believe in (and care very deeply about) Digibyte is a really good sign. I look forward to following its development.
Amelek

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 06:33:52 PM

Is there any possibility to secure DGB with a lock-box or the LEDGER NANO S device? Are there any talks held with regard to implementation of DGB into hardware wallets?
Kinds regards,
Amelek from Poland
Myriad Force

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Buy Low, Sell at Alpha Centauri

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 07:02:19 PM

Will DigiByte be represented at Consensus 2017, May 22-24?
Telenong

Activity: 469
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 07:13:00 PM

Will DigiByte be represented at Consensus 2017, May 22-24?

nope

Digibyte donate : DGHhJ4r6QqW2GMXL9FcsHpteFLZV3V3VgN
ReSl

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 07:25:47 PM

Good luck Jared.

Cheers

HR it was a pleasure to had you here. You always welcome back. The Internet wont forget!
Here is a song for all you effort!

https://vimeo.com/164867542
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/tremonti/unabletosee.html
bpanther

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 07:27:24 PM

I can see someone trying so hard to drive the price down  Grin people will get some cheap DGB chap, don't waste them. Is this you HR?  Grin
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 08:30:27 PM

There’s one other concern mentioned here that I haven’t addressed. I’ll admit that this may look a bit sudden and somewhat dramatic, but when I saw what Jared said this morning, I said to myself, this is just unacceptable.

Peer reviewing a whitepaper is like dating your sister's friend. It never turns out quite like you expected it to. Plus everyone has a whitepaper...and a sister. The genius is in the code. The actual code is the proof. Review it here: https://github.com/digibyte/digibyte

When he said something similar to me last year, as mentioned earlier today, I attributed it to immaturity and inability to field very direct questions, but when I saw the same thing again this morning, said with such condescension, I couldn’t help but reiterate publicly that documentation is good, not bad.

When his response to that was character defamation, I realized that this guy is capable of shooting himself in the head, and I asked myself WTF I was doing here. Okay, with a cost basis of 22 SAT, I knew exactly why I had come back, why I had tried to get him to take DGB development seriously, etc., but the question now was WTF was I *still* doing here after realizing that nothing had changed with respect to long term viability and that this guy was even more unrefined than ever.

Nevertheless, being the ever hopeful person that I am – often to my detriment – I gave him a chance to set things right. We all saw what he did.

No thank you. I have enough information to go on, thank you, and even though this may look like a surprising change of heart, put into the context that goes back to 2014 and seeing that nothing has changed, it is clearly anything but an instant reversal. I’d call it a culminating event that made everything crystal clear and left me with no excuse what-so-ever to keep on trying to justify a long term hold for DGB, or any kind of collaboration, for that matter.

Last year, under similar stress, we saw a similar outcome.

There was something of a “lite” version the year prior.

All interesting development periods with a failure to capitalize.

All for all the same reasons.

Alright, I admit, on the surface it looks sudden, and to a certain extent it is, but when seen as a culminating decision based on years of experience, I think we can agree, it’s not really all that “sudden”.

Most certainly this is an issue I have with DGB. It’s not with the community. I’ve pushed this community hard in the past, but this time I have no intention. I’ve errored in the past in this regard by having unreasonable expectations with regards to community participation. No, I have no issue with you. We see each other on other boards, and we’re all friends.

Oh, and the fact that it happened today? Coincidence I tell you. You know, I obviously don’t control when the DGB god speaks and what he says. ;-)

legday

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 08:41:15 PM

and this is how troll is being born. It is funny how he entertains the idea of him effecting the price and denying it at the same time.

oh price just went up. better post again HR. it is directly linked to your posts
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 08:50:05 PM

HR, the way you are saying 350 is a good value now, contradicts hugely with your previous statements where you were seeing 0.001 BTC per DGB by July. How can this happen after you leave DGB? Will you start anti DGB campaign now? Take a brake man, don't miss out, lets thrive together.

Please! How many times are you going to ask something that's been answered 3 times already? The 0.001 question again? What is it that you don't understand about my answer? And it's childish to suggest that somehow there's a connection of some sort.

You know, this isn't with the community, but if you insist, it will be with you.  Cheesy

legday

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 08:51:42 PM

Please! How many times are you going to ask something that's been answered 3 times already? The 0.001 question again? What is it that you don't understand about my answer? And it's childish to suggest that somehow there's a connection of some sort.

You know, this isn't with the community, but if you insist, it will be with you.  Cheesy

dude how many times are you going to say goodbye?
Pages: « 1 ... 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 [1524] 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: