Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:14:43 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058423 times)
creativecuriosity

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

DGB.Get-By.com Admin

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 09:32:44 AM

Oh, so it IS an official lottery of DGB Devs and your not making any profit at all on the lottery?

Lol, I never claimed I did this for free. People should get something for putting in a lot of time and effort - do you work for free?? Even the guy who did the German "translation" on Google translate got paid 250,000 DGB for his 5 min. of "work".

The dicegames and bet races are complete ripoffs though. In comparison I believe the lottery is fair as it now stands considering risk/reward

That is all good and fine, but you are making 20% profit if my math serves me.  Welcome to capitalism, that is not my primary concern.

My primary concern is that this is NOT an OFFICIAL DigiByte Lottery and you are MISLEADING in your title of the lottery as THE DigiByte Lottery.  

Please correct any misleading statements about Dev support, involvement, or the OFFICIAL status of this lottery.  The Devs accepting an offer to roll a random number for the draw does NOT = official or support.  

And that includes in your OP post @ topic: 423204.

sakkosekk

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 09:39:49 AM

Oh, so it IS an official lottery of DGB Devs and your not making any profit at all on the lottery?

Lol, I never claimed I did this for free. People should get something for putting in a lot of time and effort - do you work for free?? Even the guy who did the German "translation" on Google translate got paid 250,000 DGB for his 5 min. of "work".

The dicegames and bet races are complete ripoffs though. In comparison I believe the lottery is fair as it now stands considering risk/reward

That is all good and fine, but you are making 20% profit if my math serves me.  Welcome to capitalism, that is not my primary concern.

My primary concern is that this is NOT an OFFICIAL DigiByte Lottery and you are MISLEADING in your title of the lottery as THE DigiByte Lottery.  

Please correct any misleading statements about Dev support, involvement, or the OFFICIAL status of this lottery.  The Devs accepting an offer to roll a random number for the draw does NOT = official or support.  

You are right. No offence zaloultra, I am sure it is all with good intentions Smiley You should change the title if it isn't official
zaloultra

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 09:55:03 AM

What would you call it then, I don't really see the problem. The dev team haven't complained. It's THE lottery on the DigiByte thread. This isn't North Korea you know, where the leaders do and decide EVERYTHING. It's a silly argument, it bears no real significance for anyone.
creativecuriosity

DGB.Get-By.com Admin

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 10:02:39 AM

What would you call it then, I don't really see the problem. The dev team haven't complained. It's THE lottery on the DigiByte thread. This isn't North Korea you know, where the leaders do and decide EVERYTHING.

The first 21 characters of the thread title are IDENTICAL to the OP launch post for this coin.  That is misleading at best, fraudulent at worst.  There needs to be a large unmistakable statement at the top of your thread and posts declaring that the lottery is NOT official.

The Devs are currently busy working on, wait for it......... Developing.  I am certain you will see a comment in the near future asking similar changes for them.  In the meantime, if it doesn't change in the next ten minutes I am reporting it to the moderators of this sub-forum.

It isn't personal, look at my other posts.  I tend to be a positive person.  There is just too much potential for abuse in this situation.

zaloultra

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 10:07:07 AM

What would you call it then, I don't really see the problem. The dev team haven't complained. It's THE lottery on the DigiByte thread. This isn't North Korea you know, where the leaders do and decide EVERYTHING.

The first 21 characters of the thread title are IDENTICAL to the OP launch post for this coin.  That is misleading at best, fraudulent at worst.  There needs to be a large unmistakable statement at the top of your thread and posts declaring that the lottery is NOT official.

The Devs are currently busy working on, wait for it......... Developing.  I am certain you will see a comment in the near future asking similar changes for them.  In the meantime, if it doesn't change in the next ten minutes I am reporting it to the moderators of this sub-forum.

It isn't personal, look at my other posts.  I tend to be a positive person.  There is just too much potential for abuse in this situation.

Are you for real, you crack me up LOL. Do whatever you want. I'm not changing anything. Do your worst LOL. Could be worth a laugh.

I don't see anything wrong with the current format.
creativecuriosity

DGB.Get-By.com Admin

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 10:13:00 AM

Are you for real, you crack me up LOL. Do whatever you want. I'm not changing anything. Do your worst LOL. Could be worth a laugh.

I'm somewhat dis-heartened by the levity of your comments.  There have been a great number of scams and thefts in this community and it should not be taken lightly or in jest. 

I have reluctantly reported your thread, despite the fact that I absolutely love it when people want to promote this coin, even if it is for monetary gain.

boozoodoo

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 10:15:46 AM

Join http://digi.morecoins.org/

1% fee. Stratum with VARDIFF, Proportional Payout!, SSD cloud hosting,  auto-payment, 20 network confirmation, salt user passwords, uptime 99%, Alive after 10 DDoS attacks!

zaloultra

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 10:20:43 AM

I'm somewhat dis-heartened by the levity of your comments.  There have been a great number of scams and thefts in this community and it should not be taken lightly or in jest. 

I have reluctantly reported your thread, despite the fact that I absolutely love it when people want to promote this coin, even if it is for monetary gain.

If you want to complain about something, complain about the ripoff dicegames. That's a complete scam whatever way you look at it. This is mainly for fun and for promoting the coin and for creating some excitement and buzz for the coin.

Btw. the devs aren't THAT bussy, they comment here all the time, he has also commented on the lottery.
I dont really get your resentment for the lottery, are you a part of the dicegame scam or something??
eboard10

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 10:25:02 AM

Very nice indeed. Is this the beta for the upcoming DGB/USD exchange?

yes

Cool! Just out of curiosity, which payment types will be allowed? (Paypal too?) 
esotericizm

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 10:27:22 AM

usually paypal won't deal with crypto's at all Sad
creativecuriosity

DGB.Get-By.com Admin

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 10:28:40 AM

The problem is that crypto's are nearly instant and non-reversible.  Where-as PayPal is reversible.

sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 10:33:24 AM

Have we ever wrote to Coins-E? Can't remember. It's currently a bit lifeless.
truin

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 10:45:06 AM

The point of lotteries usually is that the prize pool is so big that it will have a significant impact on the players life if he hits the jackpot. For example you get a chance to win 10 000 000 x bet even if the organizer cuts 50% of the pool. Now from your lottery if you hit a jackpot you get a massive 75x your bet which is a real game changer.

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with that dieroll place in any way, it's also a -EV game and should be avoided.

If I wanted to gamble for similar sized "jackpot" I would take my bet and decide to flip it 6 times in that dieroll place. If a flip fails I'll just stop playing and move on.

So I would run like this:
bet x 2, 2 x bet x 2, 4 x bet x 2, 8 x bet x 2, 16 x bet x 2, 32 x bet x 2 = 64 x bet
Note that if any of the flips fail, that's it. You didn't win the jackpot and you lost your money, time to move on. Do not even think of devising a "surefire system" as such does not exist.

How high is the chance to nail 6 consecutive slightly rigged flips? I'm assuming 0.5% house edge.
chanceToWin = (49.75%/100%)^6 x 100% = 1.5162%

How high is the return % on this kind of a gamble?
prize x chanceToWin / bet = 64 x bet x 0.015162 / bet = 97.0368%

Your lottery's return % (I'll demonstrate this with 150 player pool)
(300 000 + 120 000 + 60 000)/3 x 3/150 / 4 000
480 000 / 150 / 4 000 = 80%

So which form of gamble has a fairer risk/reward ratio? (both are -EV games and should be avoided IMHO)
Your lottery or slightly rigged die roll game with preset amount of rolls and bet doubling?

If you are going to provide some kind of a gambling service, never, ever start talking about fairness, risk/reward ratios or call your competition a scam to your customers. Your bullshit will be called out quite swiftly and quite often there are fairer ways to gamble. I wouldn't have posted this if you didn't start blabbing about the aforementioned things.
eboard10

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 10:51:23 AM

The problem is that crypto's are nearly instant and non-reversible.  Where-as PayPal is reversible.

I see. Well, as long as it accepts wire transfers I'm happy, SEPA would be nice too.
zaloultra

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 10:51:32 AM

DigiByte Lottery

Welcome to the first ever DigiByte Digi-Lottery.

Tickets sold: 24
Tickets left: 126
Here is your chance to win up to 300000 DGB if all tickets are sold.

Prizes!
1st price - 50% of the prize pool (300,000 DGB if all tickets are sold)
2st price - 20% of the prize pool (120,000 DGB if all tickets are sold)
3rd price - 10% of the prize pool (60,000  DGB if all tickets are sold)

How will the lottery be done

• A dedicated new account/wallet will be used for this purpose only. Payment for tickets and winnings will be paid from same wallet.
• When 150 tickets are sold I will take the amount of tickets and correspond them with the paymentaddress used.
• If less than 150 tickets have been sold within 5 days, the lottery will start regardless. If less than 5 tickets are sold, the lottery will be cancelled and fully refunded.
• I will use a randomizer from 1 to a 150 (if the number of tickets sold are less than a hundred, say 64, then the randomizer will be set to draw from 1 to 64 and so on).
• Each ticket will cost 4000 DGB. Pay to this address DEB9iMJzdkFa8FWsRVabzUzuJLfaEVk746
• Notify your payment and number of tickets at this thread ➜ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=423204.0

Lottery drawing will take place on Friday the 24th or when all tickets are sold out.
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Edit: The dev Mr. DigiByte has agreed to draw first prize. I will send the info to him before he draws it. Completely transparent and now with the participation of the devs.
Edit: I have raised First Prize to a whopping 300,000 DGB to make the DigiByte Lottery even more exciting.

On another note. Don't waste your Digi's on a worthless dicegame. It's a complete ripoff. Those dice games are set up for ALL of you to lose against the "house". They are meant to be played again and again and again in a short period of time and you lose a little almost all the time. If you play that boring dicegame for an hour you will probably have lost 95% of your funds - giving a payout in real termes of 5%. Play the dicegame with 50,000 DGB for an hour and your left with 2,500 DGB, making a loss of 47,500.
Any of those dicegames or bet races will make you broke.

Play the DigiByte Lottery on the other hand and you may win up to 300,000 DGB  Grin
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 10:53:38 AM

DigiByte Lottery
You finally got me, stop spammin 2 times per page with your shitscamlottery.
creativecuriosity

DGB.Get-By.com Admin

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 10:56:37 AM

If you want to complain about something, complain about the ripoff dicegames. That's a complete scam whatever way you look at it. This is mainly for fun and for promoting the coin and for creating some excitement and buzz for the coin.

Btw. the devs aren't THAT bussy, they comment here all the time, he has also commented on the lottery.
I dont really get your resentment for the lottery, are you a part of the dicegame scam or something??

I own no dice game sites or gambling businesses whatsoever.  I have simply been participating in this thread since before the launch of DigiBytes and care that some of the people I have grown to enjoy their company have the potential to be robbed.

zaloultra

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 10:56:44 AM

The point of lotteries usually is that the prize pool is so big that it will have a significant impact on the players life if he hits the jackpot. For example you get a chance to win 10 000 000 x bet even if the organizer cuts 50% of the pool. Now from your lottery if you hit a jackpot you get a massive 75x your bet which is a real game changer.

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with that dieroll place in any way, it's also a -EV game and should be avoided.

If I wanted to gamble for similar sized "jackpot" I would take my bet and decide to flip it 6 times in that dieroll place. If a flip fails I'll just stop playing and move on.

So I would run like this:
bet x 2, 2 x bet x 2, 4 x bet x 2, 8 x bet x 2, 16 x bet x 2, 32 x bet x 2 = 64 x bet
Note that if any of the flips fail, that's it. You didn't win the jackpot and you lost your money, time to move on. Do not even think of devising a "surefire system" as such does not exist.

How high is the chance to nail 6 consecutive slightly rigged flips? I'm assuming 0.5% house edge.
chanceToWin = (49.75%/100%)^6 x 100% = 1.5162%

How high is the return % on this kind of a gamble?
prize x chanceToWin / bet = 64 x bet x 0.015162 / bet = 97.0368%

Your lottery's return % (I'll demonstrate this with 150 player pool)
(300 000 + 120 000 + 60 000)/3 x 3/150 / 4 000
480 000 / 150 / 4 000 = 80%

So which form of gamble has a fairer risk/reward ratio? (both are -EV games and should be avoided IMHO)
Your lottery or slightly rigged die roll game with preset amount of rolls and bet doubling?

If you are going to provide some kind of a gambling service, never, ever start talking about fairness, risk/reward ratios or call your competition a scam to your customers. Your bullshit will be called out quite swiftly and quite often there are fairer ways to gamble. I wouldn't have posted this if you didn't start blabbing about the aforementioned things.

I can see your promoting this scam hard with your lies and bullshit LOL. Any sane person knows the dicegame is a huge lossmaker for anyone that plays it.
It's a scam straighforward.
Nocturnal2112

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 10:58:44 AM

How in the hell did the equivalent of a "digital raffle" meant to generate some interest in the coin, turn into a full blown argument over it's legitimacy, and odds? When you buy a raffle ticket for $5 do you question who is drawing the ticket, or what the odds are? It's a damn raffle...buy in or don't...Jesus.
xabrabris

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 10:59:55 AM

Have we ever wrote to Coins-E? Can't remember. It's currently a bit lifeless.

I quote from https://anoncoin.net//Exchanges.html

"This is a risky exchange that either works, or simply steals your coins. For this reason use of coins-e is Not Recommended."
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: