Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:11:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 [526] 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3056938 times)
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:34:57 AM

HR,

As always, beautiful insight. You have a way with words to put things very concisely in a pragmatic manner. We have arrived at the conclusion that what is tried & true is the best course of action in this modern crypto business. Why re-invent the wheel when it is already circular and rolls down the road to success just fine? Smiley

And there is that fine line between staying with the tried and true, and innovation. Some things, like the wheel, work so well that it's impossible to make them better; however, if we were to reject all innovation, we'd still be moving ox carts with oxen.  Undecided

This is the main reason why I'm always so quick to say, "this is just my opinion" - I know I am super conservative and probably about as close to the "stable" end of the spectrum as you can get, and that I do have a way of making a very strong and convincing case, that might not be, often isn't, at the end of the day, the best. Strong arguments have a way of stifling counterarguments that ultimately are absolutely necessary in order to reach 'equilibrium', so keep in mind everyone, these are just my ultraconservative ideas that desperately need your input as well. This is also why I suggest a slow but sure approach - algo change today, maybe payout adjustments tomorrow, probably a more advanced wallet before that, etc.

The algo change will get miners back on DigiByte, and I think that is paramount right now. Everything else with great care, lots of study and analysis, and even more due diligence.

Oh, and just to end with my main "extreme argument", DigiByte should look to be one of the few eventual standalone leaders in the industry, not DigiByte and, but just DigiByte. (and maybe I'm wrong)

tdcooper99

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:45:05 AM

The algo change will get miners back on DigiByte, and I think that is paramount right now. Everything else with great care, lots of study and analysis, and even more due diligence.

I sure hope so...  I miss mining DGB. Something uniquely satisfying about getting thousands of something in your wallet each day, even if they aren't worth much right now, but the "what if?" factor is a powerful motivator! So, for the moment I am using NiceHash to rake in a few BTC but once the update is out I am ALL IN again with DGB mining.

ycagel

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:48:15 AM

More info:

So, we have some fairly big news here at Moobase Alpha.

Lately there have been a number of rumors flying around in the aftermath of the recent attack on the MintPal trading exchange. One of the most prominent has been a number of people stating that we are taking over MintPal… and we’re happy to say that this is true!

In my opinion they were (and still are) one of the better exchanges out there. They have a great UI, a number of diverse markets and a highly active user base. The exchange has a number of great points, and the entire moolah.io team felt as if we could take it to the next level. With a full revamp in terms of security and performance, MintPal could be taken to new heights.

I (Alex Green, Founder and CEO of Moopay LTD) tentatively reached out to their management and let them know that we were interested in opening up talks in regards to an acquisition, if it was something they were interested in. After a number of conversations with the current management of MintPal we reached an agreement that both parties were comfortable with, and are just waiting on the paperwork to be signed (which will be happening this week). The takeover will be executed during a handover period taking place in August, and there will be no downtime on the platform as a result of this. The first thing that we will be doing (starting today), is a full audit and review of the infrastructure and code base, and putting it in any necessary fixes. After this, we’ll be getting a 3rd party in to do an additional audit to see if there is anything we have missed. We intend to make MintPal a secure platform, and security is something we are very good at.

Our first action to take regarding MintPal, is to beef up the security, make a number of performance tweaks; do a formal audit and review of operational procedures. Once this is done, we will focus on introducing new features to both platforms. They already have a great platform, we just need to make sure that all the doors are locked, and that none of the windows are open.

As a result of this acquisition, we are intending to separate https://trade.moolah.io/ and https://mintpal.com/ as follows.

MintPal will now be the go-to place for divergent altcoin markets with coin based pairings. To start, we will be using BTC as a pairing coin. We will be culling a number of “dead” coins currently on the exchange, and will actively add and remove coins to the platform as required. We are unsure as of yet, as to whether or not we will reintroduce voting to the platform. One thing we are sure of though, is that we will be taking active measures to ensure that “scammy” premine coins will not be introduced to the platform, and will instead be focusing on proven or interesting new markets.

Our Moolah Trade platform will be the equivalent for FIAT markets, starting with USD (already present) – and AUD, CAD, EUR and GBP to follow. As a result, we will be removing the coin based pairings from Moolah Trade on August 7th, 2014. Moolah Trade will focus exclusively on making it easier to get involved with digital currencies, which means we will be working tirelessly in order to bring our instant buy/sell and local payment mechanisms online as soon as possible.

Both platforms will soon see the introduction of new features such as advanced trading options, stop losses, streamlined mobile and desktop interfaces, and much, much, more. We would love to hear from you in regards to what features you would like to see on either platform, or any issues you have with what is currently there.

We are focused on building secure scalable platforms, and we’ll be bringing this experience and mindset to the table with this new partnership. Whilst this is happening, we’ll be retraining our support staff and introducing a number of new tools to help make their jobs even easier. At the end of the day, this means an even higher level of customer service for our customers.

Source: http://blog.moolah.io/2014/07/28/were-taking-over-mintpal-heres-what-you-need-to-know/

This is a very interesting move. It would be nice to find how how much they sold it for.

Also today VISA announced they could facilitate Bitcoin payments on their network.

http://www.coindesk.com/visa-exec-network-support-bitcoin-payments/
ycagel

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:50:33 AM

Very well put and it's refreshing to hear your contributions to the community HR. We need more of this here. I totally agree. Slow and steady. I do believe the time to capitalize is now with all the carnage occurring in the alt coin space. I don't believe anything will be perfect as we need to continue evolving, but we do need to start somewhere. I am looking forward to see how the release will go.

YC

HR,

As always, beautiful insight. You have a way with words to put things very concisely in a pragmatic manner. We have arrived at the conclusion that what is tried & true is the best course of action in this modern crypto business. Why re-invent the wheel when it is already circular and rolls down the road to success just fine? Smiley

And there is that fine line between staying with the tried and true, and innovation. Some things, like the wheel, work so well that it's impossible to make them better; however, if we were to reject all innovation, we'd still be moving ox carts with oxen.  Undecided

This is the main reason why I'm always so quick to say, "this is just my opinion" - I know I am super conservative and probably about as close to the "stable" end of the spectrum as you can get, and that I do have a way of making a very strong and convincing case, that might not be, often isn't, at the end of the day, the best. Strong arguments have a way of stifling counterarguments that ultimately are absolutely necessary in order to reach 'equilibrium', so keep in mind everyone, these are just my ultraconservative ideas that desperately need your input as well. This is also why I suggest a slow but sure approach - algo change today, maybe payout adjustments tomorrow, probably a more advanced wallet before that, etc.

Oh, and just to end with my main "extreme argument", DigiByte should look to be one of the few eventual standalone leaders in the industry, not DigiByte and, but just DigiByte. (and maybe I'm wrong)

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 11:09:00 AM

I sure hope so...  I miss mining DGB. Something uniquely satisfying about getting thousands of something in your wallet each day, even if they aren't worth much right now, but the "what if?" factor is a powerful motivator! So, for the moment I am using NiceHash to rake in a few BTC but once the update is out I am ALL IN again with DGB mining.

This is a very valid point! This is why we feel multi-algo (not merge mined) DigiByte mining is the fairest and most attractive way to go. As such we have decided to finalize the update with Sha 246, Scrypt, Skein, Groestl & Qubit. Proven weighting with some tweaks. As well as a modified DigiShield re-targeting base.

ycagel

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 12:33:29 PM

Glad to hear the various algos. I believe these were the best from the beginning. Very excited to see the official release!

YC

This is a very valid point! This is why we feel multi-algo (not merge mined) DigiByte mining is the fairest and most attractive way to go. As such we have decided to finalize the update with Sha 246, Scrypt, Skein, Groestl & Qubit. Proven weighting with some tweaks. As well as a modified DigiShield re-targeting base.
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 03:18:24 PM

I sure hope so...  I miss mining DGB. Something uniquely satisfying about getting thousands of something in your wallet each day, even if they aren't worth much right now, but the "what if?" factor is a powerful motivator! So, for the moment I am using NiceHash to rake in a few BTC but once the update is out I am ALL IN again with DGB mining.

Currently mining DGB on p2phash.com with good returns. Not every pool is down....

Connection Info: cgminer --scrypt --queue 0 -o p2phash.com:9022 -u YourAddress -p x  (or whatever you use...)

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
haggis

Activity: 984

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 06:35:43 PM

Does anyone have any details on this new proposed "autoPOW" the Doge devs are talking about with the Litecoin merge? What do you all think about autoPOW multi-algo?

http://www.coindesk.com/dogecoin-allow-litecoin-merge-mining/
Come on Jared, are you serious? We've talked enough about merged mining weeks ago. Now just release the multi-algo update and stop thinking about other solutions and other algos every day. Please. Enough talk, enough brainstorming. Time for results Wink
Spoken like a true veteran of the BTC Talk forum... Haggis, thank you! Smiley
No offense, I was just smelling a spirit of "Here's another approach. Let's consider this and maybe use this one instead of multi-algo" five minutes before multi-algo release Wink
Here are many interested people with great ideas and good thinkings and discussions about the future of DGB are going far back to the past. This good spirit here is great but it will not last for an indefinite amount of time if we are just discussing but nothing producing.
I really hope for this coin that you can hold your announcement and release the new wallet until thursday (or at least this week). Another delay could annoy a lot of people, I fear.
ycagel

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 07:31:22 PM

Haggis,
 Good points. I think we should continue to follow the milestones that have been established so we remain on track. I think part of the crypto industry is constantly evolving with new technologies. Who knows? What is good now, may be obsolete in 90 days!

YC

Does anyone have any details on this new proposed "autoPOW" the Doge devs are talking about with the Litecoin merge? What do you all think about autoPOW multi-algo?

http://www.coindesk.com/dogecoin-allow-litecoin-merge-mining/
Come on Jared, are you serious? We've talked enough about merged mining weeks ago. Now just release the multi-algo update and stop thinking about other solutions and other algos every day. Please. Enough talk, enough brainstorming. Time for results Wink
Spoken like a true veteran of the BTC Talk forum... Haggis, thank you! Smiley
No offense, I was just smelling a spirit of "Here's another approach. Let's consider this and maybe use this one instead of multi-algo" five minutes before multi-algo release Wink
Here are many interested people with great ideas and good thinkings and discussions about the future of DGB are going far back to the past. This good spirit here is great but it will not last for an indefinite amount of time if we are just discussing but nothing producing.
I really hope for this coin that you can hold your announcement and release the new wallet until thursday (or at least this week). Another delay could annoy a lot of people, I fear.
DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:03:54 PM

It isn't just "what if" in my opinion it's simple question of "when" if jared will continue with his hard work on this currency.
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 09:48:57 PM

nueromode's article: http://coinbrief.net/myriadcoin-merge-mining/

Kayahoga

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:18:41 AM

Could someone elaborate more on what "Proven weighting with some tweaks" means?  Does it mean each algorithm has a variable weight to find a block or is it related to the block reward?

Is it possible to dynamically change the block reward to be based on the size of the network hashrate of that algorithm relative to the rest of the network?  This would perhaps encourage a more fair distribution of hashing power across the algorithms. 

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:07:54 AM

Could someone elaborate more on what "Proven weighting with some tweaks" means?  Does it mean each algorithm has a variable weight to find a block or is it related to the block reward?

Is it possible to dynamically change the block reward to be based on the size of the network hashrate of that algorithm relative to the rest of the network?  This would perhaps encourage a more fair distribution of hashing power across the algorithms.  

"Proven weighting with some tweaks"? I'll take a stab. Without getting too technical, I think what that means is that each algo is automatically weighted by its own individual difficulty derived from a shared ratio: SHA-256 could have a network hashrate that is sky high that would cause its individual diff to also be sky high, meaning that its proportionate payout weighting would be much less than the same MH/s Qubit payout with a low network hashrate and low diff. As for the "tweaking" part of that statement, we can only hope for what we'd each like to see, and then patiently wait and see. Wink

DigiShield dynamically changes the block reward on a per MH/s percentage basis - the total isn't changed, but the difficulty is changed such that it still takes the same time to solve then next block (on average) regardless of how much hashrate you throw at it, meaning that the per MH/s split is automatically lowered. All coins incorporate a diff algorithm of some sort. Other examples of dynamic block rewards would be DOGE, for example, that originally had a random block reward, and the most recent and creative that I've seen, AID, whose block reward actually increases on a rough 8:1 ratio to diff!

halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:53:36 AM

I am afraid the price of DGB may go to 10-15 SAT in a few months unless some other great features implemented apart from multi-mining algos. Maybe great marketing tecniques and a foundation will be necessary to keep this coin alive. We have to be careful about investor's interest. Once we start losing them, dgb will also lose. Only mining itself does not help the coin on the market... Multi algos can be good but can also be a danger... This is my estimation and a kind warning. Please don't troll on this.
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:37:24 AM

DGB need some significant status update as soon as possible. It's stuck at 30+ sat. After this flat the only way is way down.
appbox

Activity: 421
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:41:40 PM

DigiByte @DigiByteCoin  ·  25m
We will be releasing #DigiByte v 3.0 multi algo this Saturday! #bitcoin

T_T  coming soon.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
haggis

Activity: 984

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:50:43 PM

T_T  coming soon.
Just for sake of completeness: https://twitter.com/DigiByteCoin/status/497159066196905984
Smiley
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 12:25:10 AM

T_T  coming soon.
Just for sake of completeness: https://twitter.com/DigiByteCoin/status/497159066196905984
Smiley
+1 Yes. We will be releasing the update this Saturday! Smiley

sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:39:27 AM

T_T  coming soon.
Smiley
+1 Yes. We will be releasing the update this Saturday! Smiley

Cool, I see tiny market compliment right now.
freebitcoins4u

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:31:52 AM

no faucet?   Cry
Pages: « 1 ... 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 [526] 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: