Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:17:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 [507] 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055611 times)
tdcooper99

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:45:50 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 03:05:14 PM by tdcooper99

FRENCH P2POOL NODE

LIMP2POOL.FR:9022
Based in Strasbourg (France)
DDoS resistant
Up 24h/24h
No registration needed

Anyone here mining on P2Pool right now? I am getting ZERO work when i connect to any of several live nodes, the above one included. Just wondering if it's me or the Pool itself is busted....  if it's me, then i can investigate.  if not..  then something else is up...

Edit: Adding screenshot...  when I mine on morecoins pool I see this:

When I switch to a P2Pool node I see this...  and nothing more. No scrolling work.....  and I do not appear on the node static page as an active miner. I've been mining P2Pool for a long time, so I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right  Smiley:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mintzone

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:29:25 PM

Anonymous transactions aren't inherently evil, as already said in this thread.
You can make completely anonymous cash transactions as well. The big problem with anonymous cryptos is the speed at which they can make these transactions though, and the relative ease I guess.
Also thanks for the continued work, guys! I'm holding and not mining atm, but once multi-algo comes out I'll probably dip into mining once again.

DGB is my and the future's coin of choice! Don't cry if you don't invest Wink
The_Cashier

Activity: 335

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:10:47 PM

Better rewards
Coins deposited directly in your wallet
DDoS resistant
Up 24h/24h
No registration needed, just a DigiByte address as username
If node is down, you don't lose your DigiByte, your work is saved on network.

JOIN US TO MINE
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 07:25:51 PM

Well, I think, if that matters at all, that almost ALL AltCoins are going the wrong way. Why has no coin even come close to Bitcoin itself? You may say because BTC was the first, early adopter, big PR, etc but, one fact stands out above ALL others:

It is being USED in the real world!

The key to success here is not the gimmicks like Anon, Dark, multi-algo, etc it's acceptance and use by the public, not the geeks, that will get you $500 plus per coin value. The average Joe who knows just enough about Bitcoin to think it's cool isn't thinking about the technical aspects of a coin, he's thinking where he can spend it and why use it instead of his credit card!

This, IMO, is the key to success. The coin that truly solves this problem will rule all others, possibly even surpassing Bitcoin itself. Obviously, I don't have the answer or I'd have my own coin moving up the charts but, I have laid out the problem. We need to think long and hard about making changes based on what others are doing, I believe that's a trap and will result in little more than survival as "second fiddle"

Remember, the view only changes for the lead dog... We need a visionary, someone OUTSIDE the community who does not have blinders on to lead the way. Please don't take this as in any way disparaging DigiByte or any other coin. Quite the contrary, I admire the Devs and all the hard working folks behind the scene but, we need to poke our heads out of the sand and have an epiphany of thought. Someone will come up with the answer and soon, will it be you?

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Ryven Cedrylle

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:18:52 PM

Well, I think, if that matters at all, that almost ALL AltCoins are going the wrong way. Why has no coin even come close to Bitcoin itself? You may say because BTC was the first, early adopter, big PR, etc but, one fact stands out above ALL others:

The key to success here is not the gimmicks like Anon, Dark, multi-algo, etc it's acceptance and use by the public, not the geeks, that will get you $500 plus per coin value. The average Joe who knows just enough about Bitcoin to think it's cool isn't thinking about the technical aspects of a coin, he's thinking where he can spend it and why use it instead of his credit card!

This, IMO, is the key to success. The coin that truly solves this problem will rule all others, possibly even surpassing Bitcoin itself. Obviously, I don't have the answer or I'd have my own coin moving up the charts but, I have laid out the problem. We need to think long and hard about making changes based on what others are doing, I believe that's a trap and will result in little more than survival as "second fiddle"

Remember, the view only changes for the lead dog... We need a visionary, someone OUTSIDE the community who does not have blinders on to lead the way. Please don't take this as in any way disparaging DigiByte or any other coin. Quite the contrary, I admire the Devs and all the hard working folks behind the scene but, we need to poke our heads out of the sand and have an epiphany of thought. Someone will come up with the answer and soon, will it be you?

Yes and no. I agree with your conclusion, but not how you got there. Bitcoin has barely done any organized courting of outside business in its lifetime. It's simply had 5 years of existence and complete novelty to generate word-of-mouth support that most coins don't. Also, you can't underestimate the impact Silk Road had on Bitcoin's future. I prefer good publicity to bad publicity of course but in today's world I'll also take bad publicity over no publicity. Coinmap lists about 2000 places in the US and Canada that accept Bitcoin; this includes people buying and selling the coin so knock out a few hundred of those as exchanges and things. Even old grandpa Bitcoin isn't really that big a deal in the grand scheme of things. I can buy cards at my local Sheetz for payment and money transfer services I've never heard of before but not Bitcoin. So far, this is all a game of patience and constant low-level exposure. That's not to say someone couldn't break out big time with a killer marketing plan somehow but no one's done it. Really, that's what crypto in general needs - marketing.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 08:47:41 PM

...Really, that's what crypto in general needs - marketing.

Agreed, 100% and, yes, Bitcoin sort of "self marketed", good news or bad news it's still news...  Smiley

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
benjamoyne

Activity: 274
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:07:47 PM

Nice little article about Digishield

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/multipools-worth/2014/07/08
imicaihi

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:20:26 PM

For those who have been concerned about some of the issues with DigiShield we wanted to re-post what we just posted in the Nautilus forum:

Current Difficulty   2130  Shocked Shocked

That will take some time to find the next block, or some multipool needs to hit it.

Mining diff up to 2840. I really hope that proof of stake bug gets fixed really soon. My earlier statement looks potentially accurate, this keeps up with as long as blocks are taking to be solved, at the point of that bug being fixed "the next block" after review and fixing could really be the fork block.
Why is the difficulty going up? It should drop off when things like this happens, as that's the whole point of Digishield  Undecided

It's been well established that Digishield is a bit buggy. But ultimately since Proof of Stake is just around the corner, Digishield fixing isn't as much a priority. However, I'm sure other coins that decide to make use of it will have the issue resolved.

DigiShield by itself is fine, especially with the amplitude DigiFilter applied. DigiShield + 0.9.1 Bitcoin core update + Scrypt ASICs is the problem. We are updating this in the next DigiByte update when we switch to multi-algo mining.

Bitcoin is actually having some issues as well since the 0.9.1 protocol update that no one is talking about and the Bitcoin core dev team is ignoring when you ask them.

Look at this chart to see the average Bitcoin block time is now around 8 Min instead of 10 Min since the 0.9.1 core update on April 8th: https://blockchain.info/charts/avg-confirmation-time

We are experiencing the same issue as NAUT. We are the only coins with 0.9.1 + DigiShield. We live and we learn, & we should of tested it better and it goes to show we cant rely on the Bitcoin core dev team to be perfect. Smiley The 0.9.1 core update was not around when we initially developed DigiShield.

Good news is much fewer coins are in circulation for the short term. DigiShield still prevents multi-pool attacks & too many coins being produced to quickly, but a bit sluggishly at the moment. We are very much looking toward the future success of both coins and we cant wait to see POS implemented for NAUT. Cheers!

Jared,
Would you kindly provide a bit of in depth technical information on a) the problematic symptoms digishield is experiencing under the 0.9.1 codebase and b) What is the root cause of it and, if possible at the moment, c) how it will be solved?

Also, is Dogecoin for example experiencing anything similar now that they have switched to the 0.9(.1?) codebase?

Thank you.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 12:40:19 AM

+1 Thank you for sharing!

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 12:42:19 AM

For those who have been concerned about some of the issues with DigiShield we wanted to re-post what we just posted in the Nautilus forum:

Current Difficulty   2130  Shocked Shocked

That will take some time to find the next block, or some multipool needs to hit it.

Mining diff up to 2840. I really hope that proof of stake bug gets fixed really soon. My earlier statement looks potentially accurate, this keeps up with as long as blocks are taking to be solved, at the point of that bug being fixed "the next block" after review and fixing could really be the fork block.
Why is the difficulty going up? It should drop off when things like this happens, as that's the whole point of Digishield  Undecided

It's been well established that Digishield is a bit buggy. But ultimately since Proof of Stake is just around the corner, Digishield fixing isn't as much a priority. However, I'm sure other coins that decide to make use of it will have the issue resolved.

DigiShield by itself is fine, especially with the amplitude DigiFilter applied. DigiShield + 0.9.1 Bitcoin core update + Scrypt ASICs is the problem. We are updating this in the next DigiByte update when we switch to multi-algo mining.

Bitcoin is actually having some issues as well since the 0.9.1 protocol update that no one is talking about and the Bitcoin core dev team is ignoring when you ask them.

Look at this chart to see the average Bitcoin block time is now around 8 Min instead of 10 Min since the 0.9.1 core update on April 8th: https://blockchain.info/charts/avg-confirmation-time

We are experiencing the same issue as NAUT. We are the only coins with 0.9.1 + DigiShield. We live and we learn, & we should of tested it better and it goes to show we cant rely on the Bitcoin core dev team to be perfect. Smiley The 0.9.1 core update was not around when we initially developed DigiShield.

Good news is much fewer coins are in circulation for the short term. DigiShield still prevents multi-pool attacks & too many coins being produced to quickly, but a bit sluggishly at the moment. We are very much looking toward the future success of both coins and we cant wait to see POS implemented for NAUT. Cheers!

Jared,
Would you kindly provide a bit of in depth technical information on a) the problematic symptoms digishield is experiencing under the 0.9.1 codebase and b) What is the root cause of it and, if possible at the moment, c) how it will be solved?

Also, is Dogecoin for example experiencing anything similar now that they have switched to the 0.9(.1?) codebase?

Thank you.
Doge is not seing the same problem for two reasons. A) They implemented an additional filter. B) Their net hash is much hire. There was a change in 0.9.1 we were unaware of that calculates difficulty differently. This has caused Bitcoin block times to go down to 8 minutes, and our block times to be significantly longer.  We are still looking to see if any other code is effecting things.

PocketCrypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 01:58:10 PM

Hello DigiByte  Community!

We've just released PocketCrypto, a new Cryptocurrency Management App that will allow you to easily manage your DigiByte investment.  Hope you guys will check out the app and Good Luck to All!

We currently support all coins on Mintpal and Cryptsy. Polo and Bittrex will be added in approximately a week.

Pro Version (super awesome!) (no ads) (earlier updates)(no coin limit) (just because you love us Cheesy)

Free Version (still awesome!)(10 coin limit)

Please check out our main post for additional info, Thanks!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=660696.0

Thanks to everyone that has supported our app. Smiley   Bittrex is now live on the newest update!

Blockfolio  ~Bitcoin/Altcoin Portfolio App~ Charts & Price Alerts BCT thread
Download Now: Blockfolio App Twitter: @BlockfolioApp
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 02:30:10 PM

Thanks to everyone that has supported our app. Smiley   Bittrex is now live on the newest update!

IOS version?

DNotesVault
imicaihi

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:13:28 PM

Doge is not seing the same problem for two reasons. A) They implemented an additional filter. B) Their net hash is much hire. There was a change in 0.9.1 we were unaware of that calculates difficulty differently. This has caused Bitcoin block times to go down to 8 minutes, and our block times to be significantly longer.  We are still looking to see if any other code is effecting things.

Thanks Jared,
Could you point in the direction of the specific code for that additional filter by dogecoin?

Much appreciated.
rayaodi

Activity: 275

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 05:48:43 AM

how is Multi-Algo now ....
what's the dev plan?
The_Cashier

Activity: 335

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 01:51:17 PM

Better rewards
Coins deposited directly in your wallet
DDoS resistant
Up 24h/24h
No registration needed, just a DigiByte address as username
If node is down, you don't lose your DigiByte, your work is saved on network.

JOIN US TO MINE
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 02:28:36 PM

how is Multi-Algo now ....
what's the dev plan?
To give everyone an update:

We have set the mining pool up to organize a large scale final test. We had planned on doing this last night but we are still experiencing an issue with 1 of the algos we are trying to work out. We hope to wrap this up today / tonight. Then we will do a 24 hour test which we will invite everyone to participate in. Then hopefully release the updated wallet by Saturday/ Sunday.

Then we we will have to give everyone a couple weeks to update before the specific block of the switch kicks in.

schnötzel
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:46:05 PM

Is digibyte represented on coinsummit london?
Kayahoga

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:54:41 PM

Will we need a special miner ( or kernel )  for the new algorithm?  For instance, there is myriad-groestl for the Groestl algorithm, will there be a digibyte-groestl ?

Also, will the single pool handle every algorithm?  Or is there a separate pool for each algorithm. 

A special thanks to the DigiByte team, really looking forward to the new changes!
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 03:19:56 PM

What is merged mining launch ETA?
mintzone

Activity: 285

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 04:13:20 PM

I guess I should go pick up some DGB while they're still cheap Wink
Looking forward to this update, guys!

DGB is my and the future's coin of choice! Don't cry if you don't invest Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 [507] 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: