Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:49:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Introduction to DualMiner USB (could mine both BTC and LTC)  (Read 114581 times)
fasmax

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:50:32 AM

We really need to get this working on Linux.
I want to run on a Raspberry PI.

I don't like running unknown code on my windows PC.
My antivirus software wanted to delete the dualminer software when I install it.

I set the switch for LTC mode. Average hash rate is 70.30kh/s .

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cxboyminer

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:24:08 AM

I cant download the dualminer gui. Apparently it says virus... If someone can upload to mega.nz or other website (with DM's permissions), that will be great.

Thanks a lot!

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
dmpotter

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:47:23 PM

I cant download the dualminer gui. Apparently it says virus... If someone can upload to mega.nz or other website (with DM's permissions), that will be great.

Thanks a lot!

Many miner programs will generate a false alert. Something to do reputation or popularity.. not really even a virus.
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:48:46 PM

Thanks a lot!

why would it make a difference where you download it?

fnord123

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:51:39 PM

Has anyone figured out how to get the DualMiner software to automatically start mining?  I want to put a shortcut in my startup folder in case my system gets rebooted.

Tried the batch files that come in the CGMiner subdir but they only seem to give ~40Khs, when I use the GUI I get 70Khz.
dmpotter

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:11:35 PM

Has anyone figured out how to get the DualMiner software to automatically start mining?  I want to put a shortcut in my startup folder in case my system gets rebooted.

Tried the batch files that come in the CGMiner subdir but they only seem to give ~40Khs, when I use the GUI I get 70Khz.

I use the LTC Only batchfile and it worked. I just wish we could see the standard view and not the streaming view.

cgminer.exe --scrypt --lo -o site:port -u user.worked -p thatuberpassword -S //./COM22 -S //./COM23 -S //./COM24 -S //./COM25 -S //./COM26 -S //./COM27
bilbo333

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:51:56 PM

Hello everyone.  My first post here.  I have been reading the threads here and learning a lot...especially this thread.  If I might ask a few questions in regards to these dual miners.
My questions might lean towards some general bitcoin and litecoin mining questions but in regards to using these specifically.

I am building my first litecoin mining rig and ordered 3 of these dual miners.  My question is whether it makes sense to dual mine with them.  Does it make sense to utilize the bitcoin mining function?  Could you earn at all running 3..10 of these for bitcoin?  Is it more of a "mine solo" all year lottery and maybe get lucky on the bitcoin?  I am curious what the experienced miners here will do with them.
Thank you.
dmpotter

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:05:10 PM

Hello everyone.  My first post here.  I have been reading the threads here and learning a lot...especially this thread.  If I might ask a few questions in regards to these dual miners.
My questions might lean towards some general bitcoin and litecoin mining questions but in regards to using these specifically.

I am building my first litecoin mining rig and ordered 3 of these dual miners.  My question is whether it makes sense to dual mine with them.  Does it make sense to utilize the bitcoin mining function?  Could you earn at all running 3..10 of these for bitcoin?  Is it more of a "mine solo" all year lottery and maybe get lucky on the bitcoin?  I am curious what the experienced miners here will do with them.
Thank you.

This is my opinion, you will get much more return out of the 70kh/s than 40kh/s in Scrypt Mining than you would trying to use the 500 KH/s in btc.

500 to me is about the same as 2 block erupters and people are ditching those left and right, with the exception of maybe a bitcoin rapper who will gold plate them and wear them as a medallion.

Granted if you configure properly, you can use a multipool or something and attempt to dedicate the resources to only alt-coin mining.

I think the real value is when enough of these 70's are combined together to the size of a rig.

Too your last point, you will get more mining SHA-256 alt coins than trying to get a lotto run, I don't remember the odds for block erupter mining for a block, but I think it was somewhere in the time-frame that your great grand kids may discover a block.
fnord123

Activity: 47

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:12:05 PM

cgminer.exe --scrypt --lo -o site:port -u user.worked -p thatuberpassword -S //./COM22 -S //./COM23 -S //./COM24 -S //./COM25 -S //./COM26 -S //./COM27
Thanks for posting your batch file.  I had edited mine to only include the first COM port for each DualMiner (i.e. two dualminers --> two -S parameters), not both that each DualMiner exposes (i.e. two dualminers --> four -S parameters).  I will try the latter and see if it fixes things.
dmpotter

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:16:05 PM

Thanks for posting your batch file.  I had edited mine to only include the first COM port for each DualMiner (i.e. two dualminers --> two -S parameters), not both that each DualMiner exposes (i.e. two dualminers --> four -S parameters).  I will try the latter and see if it fixes things.

To that specific point, without using the -S, I'm sure you noticed cgminer doesn't work at all. Can't wait just plain ol' -S dualminer:all

You may want to make sure all your switches are pointed away from the usb connector, mine came mixed.
velvethammer2

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:37:30 PM

got my first 3

hashing on 3
http://screencast.com/t/E0DiaFQK

Did I Help?
BTC:   1CNjvKYdqXNmkNvt87fQSRbEftxsDanV1H
LTC:   LWUkLNiGTwBZkgKRH3VKuLvZHGVvjmxVXZ
matrixdog

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:53:09 AM

I would buy them and would like to be a reseller here in Canada for them it would help us Canadian with import charges. I know I could sale them all out within weeks. I have a big list of clients that would but and this would help out my mining business.
Anddos

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:04:51 AM

it would be helpfull if you can add how many is in stock now on your site

orcephrye

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:03:04 AM

Hello everyone.  My first post here.  I have been reading the threads here and learning a lot...especially this thread.  If I might ask a few questions in regards to these dual miners.

I am building my first litecoin mining rig and ordered 3 of these dual miners.  My question is whether it makes sense to dual mine with them.  Does it make sense to utilize the bitcoin mining function?  Could you earn at all running 3..10 of these for bitcoin?  Is it more of a "mine solo" all year lottery and maybe get lucky on the bitcoin?  I am curious what the experienced miners here will do with them.
Thank you.

This is my opinion, you will get much more return out of the 70kh/s than 40kh/s in Scrypt Mining than you would trying to use the 500 KH/s in btc.

500 to me is about the same as 2 block erupters and people are ditching those left and right, with the exception of maybe a bitcoin rapper who will gold plate them and wear them as a medallion.

Granted if you configure properly, you can use a multipool or something and attempt to dedicate the resources to only alt-coin mining.

I think the real value is when enough of these 70's are combined together to the size of a rig.

Too your last point, you will get more mining SHA-256 alt coins than trying to get a lotto run, I don't remember the odds for block erupter mining for a block, but I think it was somewhere in the time-frame that your great grand kids may discover a block.

I second dmplotter's post. You can calculate what your return sorta should be on:
http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/litecoin-mining-calculator

But I am going to do solo mining LTC/scrypt with these. And *hopefully* buy a bulk order to reduce upfront costs.
wpstudio

Activity: 660
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 01:06:38 PM

Pieces of crap.  They lasted less than 15 hours before they simply stopped working, stopped being recognized by the computer.  I had active airflow on them at all times, but they never got hot.  The USB sockets that they were plugged into still work perfectly fine for tons of other USB devices.  They are nothing more then paperweights and they don't even do that very well.

Don't waste your money on these, they will die in a day and support is non-existent on the site.
sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:08:36 PM

Pieces of crap.  They lasted less than 15 hours before they simply stopped working, stopped being recognized by the computer.  I had active airflow on them at all times, but they never got hot.  The USB sockets that they were plugged into still work perfectly fine for tons of other USB devices.  They are nothing more then paperweights and they don't even do that very well.

Don't waste your money on these, they will die in a day and support is non-existent on the site.
how many died?
all of them?
dmpotter

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:29:03 PM

Mine are running fine. Have you tried deleting the Serial Ports in Device Manager?
sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:49:24 PM

Mine are running fine. Have you tried deleting the Serial Ports in Device Manager?
i figured it might be software too...

those usb asicminers were whacky with winxp, but great on win7

antminer usb is a little more finicky yet....

wonder what these will be like?
dmpotter

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:54:28 PM

i figured it might be software too...

those usb asicminers were whacky with winxp, but great on win7

antminer usb is a little more finicky yet....

wonder what these will be like?

It's exactly what I had to do even after just simply stopping the application and restarting it. I like the use of the word finicky, because that is what I think too.
richmke

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:01:35 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 02:18:55 PM by richmke

How scalable are these? At 2.5 watts/unit, you could put 600 of them on a standard wall socket (110 volts @ 15 amps).

But...

What is the CPU load per unit? Per 10 units? Per 100 units?

What USB throughput is required? To install 100 of these on one USB port, you would need one Hub to plug the 10 hosting hubs. Does USB 2.0 have enough throughput (consolidating hubs)?  I think USB has a maximum of 127 devices per Controller, so 2 levels of hubs should be the max you need.

Does propagation delay (through each hub) affect throughput? How about contention problems (100 units contending for communications).

So, you scale to 100, 7 Mh/s. How about scaling to 600 (assume you have 6 USB ports on your computer)? That would give you a 48 Mh/s for $48,000. The max load on one 15 amp 110 volt circuit (800 for a 20 amp circuit). Could one computer handle the i/o traffic? BTW: What would be the required internet bandwidth for a 50 Mh/s computer? How many USB Controllers (not ports) does a typical computer have? If you need more controllers, you could use PCI-E USB cards.

Note: I have heard that some 10 port USB 2.0 hubs have power problems, can't deliver the full 500ma to each port. Since each dualminer seems to need the full 500ma, it might be better to use a USB 3.0 hub, that can provide 900ma per port. The USB 3.0 hub may allow higher i/o throughput for daisychained setups.

Does CGminer poll each device (how long to poll 600 units), or does it wait for data from each miner?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: