Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:21:27 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Introduction to DualMiner USB (could mine both BTC and LTC)  (Read 114581 times)
dmpotter

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:14:27 PM

all I know is the "throughput" isn't as bad as some of the 2gh/s sticks+
mucroneminer

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:13:02 PM

They are in stock now, I wanted to buy a few (10) for testing but s**t! the sell only in the US now so bad!
sbfree

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:16:11 PM

How scalable are these? At 2.5 watts/unit, you could put 600 of them on a standard wall socket (110 volts @ 15 amps).

But...

What is the CPU load per unit? Per 10 units? Per 100 units?

What USB throughput is required? To install 100 of these on one USB port, you would need one Hub to plug the 10 hosting hubs. Does USB 2.0 have enough throughput (consolidating hubs)?  I think USB has a maximum of 127 devices per Controller, so 2 levels of hubs should be the max you need.

Does propagation delay (through each hub) affect throughput? How about contention problems (100 units contending for communications).

So, you scale to 100, 7 Mh/s. How about scaling to 600 (assume you have 6 USB ports on your computer)? That would give you a 48 Mh/s for $48,000. The max load on one 15 amp 110 volt circuit (800 for a 20 amp circuit). Could one computer handle the i/o traffic? BTW: What would be the required internet bandwidth for a 50 Mh/s computer? How many USB Controllers (not ports) does a typical computer have? If you need more controllers, you could use PCI-E USB cards.

Note: I have heard that some 10 port USB 2.0 hubs have power problems, can't deliver the full 500ma to each port. Since each dualminer seems to need the full 500ma, it might be better to use a USB 3.0 hub, that can provide 900ma per port. The USB 3.0 hub may allow higher i/o throughput for daisychained setups.

Does CGminer poll each device (how long to poll 600 units), or does it wait for data from each miner?
I remember running something like 60 usb asicminers on older dell dimension using asicminer 49 port hub and some others....that was ok. 
Once you got them all running....but hell if you had to reboot or something where you had to restart cgminer....anyway alot of it is trial and error still or R & D if you like...good luck. good questions too.
poopypants

Activity: 134

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:08:11 PM

I can not wait for someone to release so that I can run these on my Raspberry Pi

Einsteinium: http://einsteinium.org/    Helping advance Science

SilkCoin: BCZFuLUX2XfGF4W5cRK3efcg6U5Pv1tuaj
Blueman666

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:00:21 PM

Is anyone intending to run a dealership for these in the UK or EU?
cxboyminer

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:16:32 PM

Please see my thread!

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:20:12 PM

Please see my thread!

Link?

rgr_rgr

Activity: 115

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:36:40 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=441239.0
freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:38:47 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 02:20:59 AM by freddyfarnsworth

How scalable are these? At 2.5 watts/unit, you could put 600 of them on a standard wall socket (110 volts @ 15 amps).

But...

What is the CPU load per unit? Per 10 units? Per 100 units?

What USB throughput is required? To install 100 of these on one USB port, you would need one Hub to plug the 10 hosting hubs. Does USB 2.0 have enough throughput (consolidating hubs)?  I think USB has a maximum of 127 devices per Controller, so 2 levels of hubs should be the max you need.

Does propagation delay (through each hub) affect throughput? How about contention problems (100 units contending for communications).

So, you scale to 100, 7 Mh/s. How about scaling to 600 (assume you have 6 USB ports on your computer)? That would give you a 48 Mh/s for $48,000. The max load on one 15 amp 110 volt circuit (800 for a 20 amp circuit). Could one computer handle the i/o traffic? BTW: What would be the required internet bandwidth for a 50 Mh/s computer? How many USB Controllers (not ports) does a typical computer have? If you need more controllers, you could use PCI-E USB cards.

Note: I have heard that some 10 port USB 2.0 hubs have power problems, can't deliver the full 500ma to each port. Since each dualminer seems to need the full 500ma, it might be better to use a USB 3.0 hub, that can provide 900ma per port. The USB 3.0 hub may allow higher i/o throughput for daisychained setups.

Does CGminer poll each device (how long to poll 600 units), or does it wait for data from each miner?
I remember running something like 60 usb asicminers on older dell dimension using asicminer 49 port hub and some others....that was ok.  
Once you got them all running....but hell if you had to reboot or something where you had to restart cgminer....anyway alot of it is trial and error still or R & D if you like...good luck. good questions too.

Do not go USB 3.0 signaling protocol is different, our old devices use USB 2.0 can go 120+ devices, but not if using 3.0 stuff.
(some newer computers do not even have pure 2.0 ports anymore) with USB3.0 it gets sketchy, some it works others not.
Device amount is lower on 3.0 and W8 also.

Try to keep these happy, use USB 2.0 equipment.

edit: new info the older asics actually talk using the v1.1 USB speed and spec.
So there you go, 3.0 is way off the spec. I think it was nwools or MrTeal that provided the info on the 1.1 bandwidth.
Found while designing the firmware Smiley

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:13:02 AM

Does bfgminer support these yet?
Xardas2014

Activity: 635

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:50:49 AM

I've been trying to run some numbers to justify these, but am coming up woefully empty. My 6 GPU rigs cost ~0.75 a KH, while these are almost double that at ~1.30 a KH(100 bulk pricing). My power is cheap at 0.08. Even though I am about to have to do a power service upgrade to handle more miners, I still can't find a way to justify these dualminers......hard as I try. Dollar for dollar I get ~50% daily earnings with these.

At the current price point, it is undoable for me, but at $57 I'm a bulk buyer. With other units like the Alpha tech looming, you will seriously have to adjust prices sooner than later to get widespread adoption. I realize at this point you are able to sell all you can get and that is reflected in the price. But that thinking might bite you in the ass when products like Alpha ships. You will not have gotten miners to commit their funds to your product and a much better product hits=long term fail. Short term success and long term fail is not a good business model. When a buyer is faced with the option of getting an inferior expensive product quickly, or saving for a better unit, most will simply save up. Alpha is roughly the same price as 100 of your sticks, but hashes WAY faster.

My advice, drop prices ASAP and get miners committed to your product. If you fail at doing that, you will not survive long.
dualminer (OP)

Activity: 59

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:09:38 PM

Pieces of crap.  They lasted less than 15 hours before they simply stopped working, stopped being recognized by the computer.  I had active airflow on them at all times, but they never got hot.  The USB sockets that they were plugged into still work perfectly fine for tons of other USB devices.  They are nothing more then paperweights and they don't even do that very well.

Don't waste your money on these, they will die in a day and support is non-existent on the site.

Hi wpstudio, we are sorry to hear your bad experience with our DualMiner USB product. As you should know that your purchased DualMiner USB is covered by our warranty program. You can either get a full refund or exchange to a new device if you did receive a faulty one. But we would appreciate more if you could share the details of your failure, so we can make our product better. Thanks.
Cheshyr

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:26:14 PM

Hi wpstudio, we are sorry to hear your bad experience with our DualMiner USB product. As you should know that your purchased DualMiner USB is covered by our warranty program. You can either get a full refund or exchange to a new device if you did receive a faulty one. But we would appreciate more if you could share the details of your failure, so we can make our product better. Thanks.
+1  Doing It Right.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:41:23 PM

+1 for standing behind your product.

Pieces of crap.  They lasted less than 15 hours before they simply stopped working, stopped being recognized by the computer.  I had active airflow on them at all times, but they never got hot.  The USB sockets that they were plugged into still work perfectly fine for tons of other USB devices.  They are nothing more then paperweights and they don't even do that very well.

Don't waste your money on these, they will die in a day and support is non-existent on the site.

fasmax

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:54:47 PM

Does anyone know if the same software works on the 5 chip model as works on the 1 chip USB model?

xmod

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 11:08:39 PM

Anyone willing to sell one of these puppies in Aus. We like to mine too.
CruzCoins

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 11:15:25 PM

Anyone willing to sell one of these puppies in Aus. We like to mine too.
Check with Beastlymac: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=436031.0
velvethammer2

Activity: 65

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:00:36 AM

my initial 3 have been running 4 days straight with 0 problems

Did I Help?
BTC:   1CNjvKYdqXNmkNvt87fQSRbEftxsDanV1H
LTC:   LWUkLNiGTwBZkgKRH3VKuLvZHGVvjmxVXZ
wpstudio

Activity: 660

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 03:10:27 AM

I only came back here because someone mentioned you had responded. I submitted a support request on your site, but haven't heard back.  I submitted a request for help through Paypal, but haven't heard back. Not sure what I should do to pursue the warranty issues... since I thought I had contacted you through all the means possible on the website.
freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:50:39 AM

# wpstudio

I would consider myself replied to, even if not thru proper channels (website RMA area)

Describe the issue with some detail, for us... to learn from, and ask dualminer for RMA on the parts.

As a seller the paypal instant refund to buyer is scary stuff, but I go along with it, just to prove my faith in humanity,
They cannot all be bad Smiley

freddy

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: