Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:13:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Introduction to DualMiner USB (could mine both BTC and LTC)  (Read 114581 times)
Blackbird0

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:57:29 PM

When can we anticipate the Linux version?
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hektek

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:39:35 PM

Hey Dualminer,

can you answer me how fast you could send to germany ?

best regards

Hektek

fxmulder

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:16:23 PM

I would be interested in a *nix version as well

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 11:23:51 PM

Hi Dualminer,I sent you a PM saying that I agree to your terms for the review sample but I haven't heard from you for sometime.I"m not sure if things will even happen as promised now.I tried contacting you once before but can you please get back to me asap as the delays are causing me great problems?

Thanks

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:34:36 PM

Hi Dualminer,I sent you a PM saying that I agree to your terms for the review sample but I haven't heard from you for sometime.I"m not sure if things will even happen as promised now.I tried contacting you once before but can you please get back to me asap as the delays are causing me great problems?

Thanks

lol, sample?  These have been out in the wild for weeks...

film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 11:43:26 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2014, 12:14:43 AM by film2240

Thanks

lol, sample?  These have been out in the wild for weeks...
Look a deal has been made and I would just like it to be honored by the OP like discussed via PM Smiley
Edited:Make my post straight to the point and cut out the ambiguity.

dualminer_3

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:22:20 AM

We are working hard on Linux version software. And hope to release it some time in next week.
We have a Linux version software now actually. It works in most case when do a single device mining. It has some issues on multiple device mining, especially on beaglebone black board. Because a issue in USB to serial driver, Only 5 devices can mine together on beaglebone black board. The good news is we have resolved this issue yesterday. We changed the communication API from COM to pure USB api. This change requires a cgminer upgrade and code merge. It takes time. The latest development progress: Today, we have confirmed that on beaglebone, more than 64 devices can mine overnight stably.

In summary, we will release a cgminer in next week. It is based on cgminer 3.7. Please stay in tune!
-droid-
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:19:50 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2014, 05:05:45 PM by -droid-

I have an issue where my dualminers stop hashing in the middle of the night, I leave them at work so by the time I get in the office to reset them I've already lost precious mining hours

http://imgur.com/HmfeMsd

it looks like it's still connected to my pool, but my miner's status page on wafflepool says 0.00kh/s and it's not accepting any new shares.

Im running it via batch file as the dualminer software gives me too many HW errors (10% or more)
crimson30

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:39:09 PM

There's no payment options available to your address. Please check the entered address and try again.
No shipping to the USA, eh?

It's either that, or you need to fix your online purchase process.
velvethammer2

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:40:02 PM

We are working hard on Linux version software. And hope to release it some time in next week.
We have a Linux version software now actually. It works in most case when do a single device mining. It has some issues on multiple device mining, especially on beaglebone black board. Because a issue in USB to serial driver, Only 5 devices can mine together on beaglebone black board. The good news is we have resolved this issue yesterday. We changed the communication API from COM to pure USB api. This change requires a cgminer upgrade and code merge. It takes time. The latest development progress: Today, we have confirmed that on beaglebone, more than 64 devices can mine overnight stably.

In summary, we will release a cgminer in next week. It is based on cgminer 3.7. Please stay in tune!

Very cool

I am running 37 with 0 issues. I had 38 but had to send 1 back RMA.
Happy soo far. As soon as they finish the RMA I will be buying more.

-J

Did I Help?
BTC:   1CNjvKYdqXNmkNvt87fQSRbEftxsDanV1H
LTC:   LWUkLNiGTwBZkgKRH3VKuLvZHGVvjmxVXZ
MinorMiner

Activity: 73

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:40:42 AM

You mention Beaglebone Black but raspberry pi should work too, yes?

All contributions gratefully received 1G6Wia22Jnpz2DUisA5EoAC6KJ7MHm6QyP
bilbo333

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:37:05 AM

Hello,
 I am having some issues with a manhatten 28 USB port and these minors.  I will list my setup below.  Hopefully someone has a suggestion on fixing it.  Dualminer recognizes all of them,.  Everything runs fine when loading but then I get comm errors and it says failed to load dualminer on comm17.  It does this for all of them. I am connected to the pool as new blocks are found no mining happens.
Thank you

windows 7 home premium
Desktop
Manhattan 28 USB port
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:56:46 AM

Hello,
 I am having some issues with a manhatten 28 USB port and these minors.  I will list my setup below.  Hopefully someone has a suggestion on fixing it.  Dualminer recognizes all of them,.  Everything runs fine when loading but then I get comm errors and it says failed to load dualminer on comm17.  It does this for all of them. I am connected to the pool as new blocks are found no mining happens.
Thank you

windows 7 home premium
Desktop
Manhattan 28 USB port

The Manhattan 28 USB port suck you need more power to run the miner i would say a minimum of 0.6A per port.

Message me if you have any problems
Planethill

Activity: 120

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:43:16 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 10:00:08 PM by Planethill

I ordered two to play around with and they arrived last week.  Getting a solid 70Kh/s on each.

While they are not crazy, red hot, they are warm and a fan drops the temps by a good twenty degrees.

Full speed, Powered hub, no cooling fan.

Same setup, with fan.

And the pics are of the "pretty" side.  I did the same measurements on the ASIC itself, and while it was a bit warmer, the differential was the same.

I like them.  Might have to get some more!   And I'll be using the fan.

akeetlebeetle

Activity: 221

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:01:46 PM

Am I missing something or can you not pay in Bitcoin?
dualminer_3

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:48:52 AM

@minorminer,
We will create a open source project on github for our software. Pi should work. We haven't test pi board yet. As long as we have solid result on beaglebone black. We will start work on pi if there are issues on it.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:51:04 AM

Hi dualminer_3 is there going to be any firmware update for these to get a bit more performance out of them??
They run great but there seems to be room for improvement in the firmware.

@minorminer,
We will create a open source project on github for our software. Pi should work. We haven't test pi board yet. As long as we have solid result on beaglebone black. We will start work on pi if there are issues on it.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:52:28 AM

When you say you get a bit more out of them using this argument how much are you getting? 
Do you put the argument in the dualminer software argument line or are you using something else?

What do you run instead of the dualminer software?
It does seem buggy to say the least.

they have a warranty. but mine run fine and have been doing so ever since I stopped running the dualminer software.

I shouldn't say I'm not running the software it's not 100% accurate. I running the cgminer 3.1.1 that is modified and in the cgminer win 32bit folder that comes with the software. I also messed around with the  "--dualminer-pll ###" frequency modifier. 800 is pretty stable and 850 gives a little more but I don't want to push these little dudes to far just yet. Of course, I don't have a clue what I'm actually doing but 850 makes a teeny bit more khs and is still stable so...whatever.

brioche

Activity: 192

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 03:34:04 AM

These are working great I gotta get more. Only had to RMA 1 of em, and that was easy.

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
North Carolina ❖ First in Flight ❖ /   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
dualminer_3

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 03:48:50 AM

Hi dualminer_3 is there going to be any firmware update for these to get a bit more performance out of them??
They run great but there seems to be room for improvement in the firmware.

@minorminer,

Change the command line param --dualminer-pll will give you little more hash. In ltc only mode, the default value is 800M. Change it to 850 or 900 will increase the performance. However, only some chips can work on 900Mhz. This variety is mainly because the manufacturing process.

NOTE: change this parameter to higher value may cause high temp and damage the device. This kind of damage is NOT cover by warranty
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: