Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:19:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Introduction to DualMiner USB (could mine both BTC and LTC)  (Read 114581 times)
dualminer_3

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 03:17:00 PM

Does anyone know if the dualminer version of cgminer will work with the 5 chip units?

It doesn't support 5 chip units
MeGaDoOm

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:12:40 PM

Does anyone know if the dualminer version of cgminer will work with the 5 chip units?

5 chip units? what? where? link?

▄▄
  ▐████▌
  ██████
  ▐████▌
    ▀▀
█▄  ▐▌  ▄█
██  ▐▌  ██
██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██
██▄ ██ ▄██
 ▀▀████▀▀
   ▐██▌
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
   ▐██▌
   ▐██▌
   ▐██▌
   ████
   ████

|
                         ▄▄
                    ▄▄██████
               ▄▄███████████
          ▄▄████████████████
     ▄▄█████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████

██████████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████▀▀
█████████████████████ ▄▄███████████
████████████████████ ▐█▀  ▀████████
████████████████████ ▐█▄  ▄████████
█████████████████████ ▀▀███████████
██████████████████████▄▄
▀█████████████████████████████████▀

|

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
    █                █
    █  █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
    █                █
    █ ▄████████████▄
    █ ██████████████
    █ ██████████████
    █ ▀████████████▀
    █                █
    █ ▄▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▀▀▀▀▄ █
    █ █    █  █    █ █
    █  ▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  █
    █                █
     █              █
      █            █
       █          █
        █        █
         ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
           ▀██▀
            ▐▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Tathata

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:15:00 PM

Got my tracking number for 1, cant wait to attempt a rPi rig. Anyone know why a day later I try to post on this forum it says wait you posted less than 360 seconds ago?
Blueman666

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:26:19 PM

5 chip units? what? where? link?

There are many articles, group buys etc for the 5 chip units, here is one -

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=472222.0
mineryyyyy

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:14:18 AM

You're not going to make much money dual mining. Put it into LTC mode and mine alts. Much more profitable.

I was not asking about profitabilty.
I am just curious about the dual mining capability as this is the first miner with a gridseed chip available to most of us, isn't it?
There are more devices to be released in the near future and I haven't seen any information regarding the pool configuratiion in dual mining mode.

More important right now: At the moment, I see that cpuminer seems to be doing his job in the shell, but I don't see any confirmation from the scrypt pools about that either.
Did anyone have success with it so far?

Cheers

Previous version software supports dual mode. If you use previous software on Windows, you can do dual mode with following commands.
We have to start two cgminers. One is for BTC mining. Another is for LTC mining. This two process use same exe file.

Start BTC mining with command:
cgminer.exe --dualminer-pll 500 --dualminer-btc 64 -o stratum+tcp://btc.give-me-coins.com:3335 -u xxxxx -p xxxx -S //./COMxxx

COMxx is the device name on Windows. --dualminer-pll is for clock freq. --dualminer-btc is for how many units you want to open
Start LTC mining with command:
cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://ltc.give-me-coins.com:3333 -u xxxx -p xxxx -S //./COMxx
--scrypt is for scrypt mining.

If you just want to mine LTC, you can use:
cgminer.exe --scrypt --lo -o stratum+tcp://ltc.give-me-coins.com:3333 -u xxx -p xxx -S //./COMxx --dualminer-pll 850

The --lo param forces cgminer only mine LTC. In LTC only mode, only one cgminer is needed

The version on github doesn't support this dual mode. We will add dual mode support by next Wednesday. After this work done, you can do a dual mine with just only one cgminer.

So what do you put in place of COMxx if you want to use all of your miners?
sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:38:33 AM

hey all, just thought I'd let you all know a new server to point your dualminer usbs.....it's ran by btcguild.com server admin....

https://www.scryptguild.com/index.php
dualminer_3

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:04:31 AM

@mineryyyyy

Find a right //./COMxx name for LTC only is a pain, so that is why we developed a GUI for that. GUI uses a script to detect miners and ports, than use the right port automatically.
akeetlebeetle

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:31:35 AM

hey all, just thought I'd let you all know a new server to point your dualminer usbs.....it's ran by btcguild.com server admin....

Don't forget to mention that you can set the diff to 16. These little guys can't handle the high diffs.
akeetlebeetle

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:55:29 AM

@mineryyyyy

Find a right //./COMxx name for LTC only is a pain, so that is why we developed a GUI for that. GUI uses a script to detect miners and ports, than use the right port automatically.

Quick question. I just purchased and set up 13 miners (which all seem to play together nicely). I am running the software downloaded from your site. Everything seems to work fine and then all of a sudden the CGminer will reset. This wouldn't necessarily be a problem, but it doesn't always close out the old instance.

What is causing this and what do I need to do to correct the problem?

Thanks.
sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:38:06 AM

@mineryyyyy

Quick question. I just purchased and set up 13 miners (which all seem to play together nicely). I am running the software downloaded from your site. Everything seems to work fine and then all of a sudden the CGminer will reset. This wouldn't necessarily be a problem, but it doesn't always close out the old instance.

Thanks.
hey, not sure if this will help, but trying running them from the ltc batch file provided in the dualminer bundle software, and of course modify the file accordingly.
akeetlebeetle

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:41:44 AM

@mineryyyyy

Thanks.
hey, not sure if this will help, but trying running them from the ltc batch file provided in the dualminer bundle software, and of course modify the file accordingly.

Seems to be working more stable now that I disabled auto-refresh on CGRemote. I can still manually refresh it or check on the mining site, but the auto-refresh was throwing errors in CGminer.
Anddos

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:41:05 PM

lol no dout the admin wants to make coins for doing nothing

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:52:49 PM

I doubt that.
The BTCGuild admin works hard and keeps the pool running great.
I am happy to see them branching out into the scrypt world of mining.

lol no dout the admin wants to make coins for doing nothing

FlensGold
Legendary

Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:16:01 PM

Are there any recommendations for USB HUBs?

I have several D-Link DUB-H7 7 Port USB HUBs but it does not seem to be possible to let them run stable with more than 1 Dualminer.
If I attach more than one I always get "Comms error"s (Failed to open dualminer on //.//COMXY.

I should mention that I use the bundled dualminer version of cgminer directly with these parameters:
cgminer.exe --scrypt --lo -o stratum+tcp://global.wemineltc.com:3334 -u User -p Pass -S //./COM22 -S //./COM24 -S //./COM26  --dualminer-pll 850

I would appreciate any help, currently I am not able to get more than one dualminer running stable for more than 30 Minutes (on Win 8.1).
lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:21:44 PM

I have several D-Link DUB-H7 7 Port USB HUBs but it does not seem to be possible to let them run stable with more than 1 Dualminer.
If I attach more than one I always get "Comms error"s (Failed to open dualminer on //.//COMXY.

I should mention that I use the bundled dualminer version of cgminer directly with these parameters:
cgminer.exe --scrypt --lo -o stratum+tcp://global.wemineltc.com:3334 -u User -p Pass -S //./COM22 -S //./COM24 -S //./COM26  --dualminer-pll 850

I would appreciate any help, currently I am not able to get more than one dualminer running stable for more than 30 Minutes (on Win 8.1).

I have had 4 running in each of my 3 d-link H7 hubs for a couple weeks no with no issues in scrypt mode.  Win7 with cgwatcher/cgminer.

FlensGold
Legendary

Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:39:02 PM

cgminer.exe --scrypt --lo -o stratum+tcp://global.wemineltc.com:3334 -u User -p Pass -S //./COM22 -S //./COM24 -S //./COM26  --dualminer-pll 850

I have had 4 running in each of my 3 d-link H7 hubs for a couple weeks no with no issues in scrypt mode.  Win7 with cgwatcher/cgminer.
Do you use the cgminer version which is bundled with the gui miner from dualminer.com? Could you please send me (or post here) your cgwatcher conf file (without pool if you like) since I think did not set all parameters right there.
Thank you
mineryyyyy

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:27:00 PM

@mineryyyyy

Is there anything I can do to get the GUI to be more stable with LTC only?  I am running 55 DualMiners and I would say an average of 6 of them go idle after 10 minutes or so.  The only thing I can do is to restart the software/computer and then they all mine fine for 10 minutes.  I tried setting the LTC Delayed Start to various numbers but it didn't seem to help anything.  Other than the few going idle these things run great - nice and cool 70k all day. 
CruzCoins

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:31:54 PM

@mineryyyyy

Is there anything I can do to get the GUI to be more stable with LTC only?  I am running 55 DualMiners and I would say an average of 6 of them go idle after 10 minutes or so.  The only thing I can do is to restart the software/computer and then they all mine fine for 10 minutes.  I tried setting the LTC Delayed Start to various numbers but it didn't seem to help anything.  Other than the few going idle these things run great - nice and cool 70k all day. 
What hubs are you using? How many units per hub?
mineryyyyy

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:42:22 PM

@mineryyyyy

[/quote]
[/quote]

6 Orico P10-U2 with 9 DualMiners per Hub and then 3 of the hubs plugging into a 7th Orico.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:00:21 PM

I use one of these hubs that razorfishsl was selling.  It is a beast and maintains the power to each port.
Here is his thread on them.https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=413406.0

@mineryyyyy

[/quote]

6 Orico P10-U2 with 9 DualMiners per Hub and then 3 of the hubs plugging into a 7th Orico.
[/quote]

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: