Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:50:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nxt marketing & promotion :: Nxt forum now moved to nxtforums.org  (Read 77972 times)
NxtChoice

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:00:35 AM

Taking a look at the number of posts in every language here in bitcointalk and in nextcoin.org generally agrees with your list, and perhaps improves a little bit the picture of the non-english crypto community.

Language - IP estimates - Bitcointalk posts - Nextcoin.org posts
Chinese
727 K
55 K
German
378 K
121 K
Russian
380 K
178 K
Spanish
143 K
53 K
Dutch
125 K
12 K
Polish
119 K
1 K
Portuguese
107 K
18 K
N/A
French
98 K
15 K
Italian
82 K
39 K
Swedish
70 K
(3 K)
(7)
India
48 K
9 K
N/A

Great statistics great work.
salsacz (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:35:31 AM

The principal agent problem can be overcome by proof of stake, first implemented in Peercoin. I won’t go into the full details here, but know that it is imperfect, but a way to avoid the ‘miners’ working off on their own, that doesn’t benefit the ‘owners’ (e.g. centralized pool controls and corresponding power abuse). This isn’t perfect, but it’s a start. It also doesn’t need a lot of expenditure in terms of employee compensation and can thus retain more shareholder value. Distribution is always a challenge though, e.g. NXT, but if a beneficial service can be provided, its effects are minimized.

http://btcgeek.com/dawn-of-autonomous-corporations-2/
Asian Prepper

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 05:22:57 AM

When the price of Nxt fell a few weeks ago, people started to panic so I made this video to explain why the price fell and why there is no need to worry....

http://prisonorfreedom.com/5-reasons-why-the-price-of-nextcoin-nxt-fell-on-launch-day-why-i-dont-worry-about-it/

Tai Zen

As of 2014-04-09 I no longer post as "Asian Prepper" and will post under my real name "Tai Zen" to eliminate confusion.

Founder of www.PrisonOrFreedom.com | BTC: 19HHZ1yEimKUYVFM9TkXqd9xwM54jSFrmc | LTC:  LTA99422wieqR1MfWeNxZU5xAsESE9MzW7 | NXT:  17225446755425423638
apenzl

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 09:31:11 AM

NXT Newsletter

Hi Pin, NxtChoice, utopianfuture, brooklynbtc, Damelon, allwelder, fmiboy +

I'm sorry that I haven't followed up on the Newsletter-issue before, but deadlines on my job are brutal right now, and I have to sleep too. Which doesn't go that well, but I guess I am not the only one here having good and bad dreams about NXT at night.

Let's get that newsletter together.  It's important that we are on the same track. To reach some consensus about content, let me start with my own idea (cleverly attached to the magazine-idea by utopianfuture) :

NXTers can be divided roughly into 3 categories:

1. Following all NXT threads on btctalk post by post + active in the forums.
2. Following prices. Following cryptos. Maybe following Damelons daily reports.
3. INTERESTED. Don't get it. Wants to get it. Be part. But this NXT thing is so hard to understand!

Cat. 1 will read the same sources as cat. 2.
So we are targeting category 2 and 3. Or should it be 2 OR 3?

2 and 3 are 2 holds different mindsets, and should be handled accordingly.
Articles for cat. 2 will bore and possibly be rejected by cat. 3 and vice versa.

The newsletter can be a mashup, and balance the content for both groups - or it could just aim for one of the two. In what box would you file the peercoin newsletter? Cat. 2., I believe.

Most important when choosing angle, is where our own interest lies. Writing articles we don't get anything from ourselves will kill us. I know that, I work on a shit series right now, that many people are gonna love, but me - I just hate writing it.

First thought is, that the crypto community (cat. 2) is the most obvious place to start. Not so much explaining to be done. Just references to bitcoin. Many features are not developed and implemented yet, but they will understand, they will see the potential, they have money to invest, and so on. Sure. They will make the price behave like crazy.

Cat. 2 will soon read more about NXT in other crypto news. Also in Bitcoin Magazine.
They want more? Damelon does an amazing job summing up the development in his daily resumes of the bitcointalkthread. They want more? They will go to coinmarkedcap.

We need to break features to the world. Therefore, we got press releases.
We need to push all the great NXT press-links to people. We got fb and twitter.

So who is our main target?
We don't wanna commit ourselves to writing a weekly article if it is wasted time.

We, the "veteran" NXTers are able to write the best articles. No doubt.
We go for category 3 and make it include journalists. We tell them what NXT is.
What they got to tell to people who don't get it. Why they want to get it and be part.

We educate. We look to the future. But we don't go into crazy details about code and votings in the community. Just results. Links to further information, that a few will follow and get.

Our newsletter #2 will link to #1. Oh, don't you get this? I understand. Read #1.
I have nxtmag.org registered for the archives. Simple wp-installation for starts, and go.

We need to brainstorm on how to get the word out.
Getting emails for the list should start immediately. Signup-link on nxtcrypto and nextcoin, in signatures, in forum threads and so on - just great. Newsletters posted on torrent sites > but how to convert the readers then? It might be a good idea to hand out NXT for signups - like the 100 first or for EVERY signup! Smiley

Receivers read the newsletter and check out the features as they read. Buy more.

Donations for this is welcome. Newsletter account is: 7849037285621103550.
If we should advertise, this could be it. Join the newsletter. Get free NXT. Click it.

The main btctalk-thread is a treasure chest. I gathered quite a bunch of links to posts, that could be the basis for articles and stories, and on top of that there is the wiki and all that is common knowledge to most of us, but all new to the world. We should present it in a form, that allows people from the outside world to get in. Lucky they are, that they found NXT. And please contact us, if you got a story to tell. Maybe there are more "NXT saved my dog"-stories out there. I am sure that there will be. Or "NXT ruined my life". - Who will be the first to get an in depth interview with Frictionless Coin? Bounty for that, right? Smiley

Just a little comment on Bitcoin. And myths. When introducing NXT to the world (Average J), let's not forget, that the mainstream media didn't cover Bitcoin much before last year. This meaning: Let's not assume that everybody knows everything about it. To most people it's still just some "internet cash", possibly used for drugs, a commodity, something new and dangerous from the darknet and hard to get. Remember that most articles and news hosts on TV still have to implement an explanation about what bitcoin is, before the news come. Leave it be. Let's tell them about NXT instead of constantly making references to BTC. Or telling what NXT NOT is. It is not a scam. No of course not.

Why introduce NXT like it's something that could be a scam when it is not?
In the history books (coming out in about 1 year, right? Wink), the trolling and scam-accusations will be funny stories, and we all get our revenge, when NXT has become the very fundament of the internet by that time. But let's not give trolls the first say. They are just trolling so why bother. Let them be. Let's just tell about NXT. What is it? What can it do? How and why is this gonna change the world and become a global revolution? Now I feel I'm beginning to ramble. I guess you got my point.

What are your thoughts?

To sum up:
Let's go for signups asap. Link will be here tomorrow, just need to fill in the blanks.
I chose Mailchimp.

Let's make the first newsletter an introduction to NXT for dummies.
First articles might be used for book - we need to go mainstream, people.

Let's built on top of that introduction in the following newsletters.
Announce client and features when they arrive. Details. Links to further information.

I have to get back to work now. Got a final deadline 01.03 but I will have more time after this week. Please post your thoughts, I will check in daily. Thank you! Smiley

Coinonaer

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 09:34:02 AM

Can somebody "sell" some NXT on ebay that is first class free advertisement.

BCFrex Grin

Hi salsacz,

BCFrex is right. The firt time I recognized Litecoin was at eBay. What do you think about the following Marketing Act:
Everyone which shows as a confirmed Ebay sold Nxt-Amount, receives 100 Nxt from our Markting Pool?
Only once per Customer. And probably it make sense to help them with the Auction Details, that it looks nice with all proper information
What do you think?
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:05:14 PM

I just made this website about NXT;

http://ilgunf.wix.com/nxtinfo

It's mobile compatibale. I will work on the blog very soon.

First I will translate the test to other languages.

If I could get donations, I could also host this website with a better domain name and it would be faster.

brooklynbtc

Activity: 336

AKA jefdiesel

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:17:04 PM

Hey all

I read apenzl post and I agree with most but I think a real important aspect is
KEEPING PEOPLE IN THE LOOP
These forums are so fractured. We could be like the NYTimes, simply by pushing a report out every day

Example for this weekend

Price breaks $0.10 on Bter, Dgex
-------------------------------------
NRS 0.5.9 holds steady and stable
NXT Voting initiatives being worked out
One Click client expected April/14
etc..

and once we can roll this into AM and distro it through the blockchain, all the better. but for now a mail client would be best

SN
S   U   P   E   R    N   E   T
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   
Uniting cryptocurrencies, Rewarding talent, Sharing benefits..

Blockchain Technology.

apenzl

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 03:41:41 PM

Hey all

These forums are so fractured. We could be like the NYTimes, simply by pushing a report out every day

Example for this weekend

etc..

and once we can roll this into AM and distro it through the blockchain, all the better. but for now a mail client would be best

Personally I would love this. I get it from fb, twitter, and Damelon's blog to some extent.
If we are to create a newsletter, then all of these announcements should be backed by an article?

As I see it, for now daily announcements like that could be run in a "breaking news"-widget on the site, and the most important news should be followed up by an article asap. Brought on site, and in the weekly mail.

Even bitcoin media can't keep up with NYTimes. On the other hand - perhaps NXT can. We got lots of features coming. If we continue at this speed, let more people in and keep the site open to news from all nations, it might work. Only NYTimes is not free.

salsacz (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:45:06 PM

Nxt - innovative crypto:
http://cryptokiwi.com/?page_id=2

Nxtcoin contrary to many of the altcoins coming out these days did not copy/paste bitcoins source code. It uses a 100% proof of stake system to complete transactions. There is no mining involved here. It uses a account system instead of a wallet one to move coins. Because of this it is much easier to use then Bitcoin but must be used as a brain wallet by design and there is no way to store coins in cold storage away from the network. Nxtcoin has faster transactions then Bitcoin and makes it easy for you to access funds wherever you are on any device. Very interesting.  https://nextcoin.org/
Mario123

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 04:24:11 PM

Made a starting point homepage for newcomers:

mynxt.org

If you find wrong information or have some suggestions, please PM me. Thanks!

I hope you like it!

(registered a new nick on bitcointalk for this)

utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:28:44 PM

Hey all

Example for this weekend

etc..

Agree there are two main type of information we can provide:

1. collect and organize all current information as  brooklynbtc  described

2. more in-depth and new information such as: interviews, analysis etc.

We should set up a separate site which could have an independent life later on. No need to bloat the block-chain unnecessarily.   

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:44:45 PM

Hey all

Example for this weekend

etc..

Cross OS One-Click client is going to be here first week of Feb, not April.
kunibopl

Activity: 184

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:50:52 PM

I am in talks with the administrators of the free internet chess server (FICS) about having 4 chess tournaments open to everyone with a first prize in NXT.
Handing out prizes is rather unusual on this server, but it seems they are open to the idea.
Either I would be acting as a tournament manager or I would just provide them the prizemoney in NXT and they set up the tourneys.
Of course I would do the advertising and give general help for all questions regarding Nxt.
Until now I am prepared to pay the prizes from my pocket, but they can't be high as my account in my sig will tell you.

I know the server very well, since I play there for over 15 years and I would judge the impact from the marketing as pretty good. Right now there are 1554 players online. chess players are similar to poker players open to new stuff and trading in general.
The number of participants and the quality of the players will depend on organisation and prizemoney.
My estimate for 4 weekly tournaments is:
500 NXT first place: 4x 40-60 participants
1000 NXT first place: 4x 50-100 participants

Everybody would read about Nxt and many will try it.
Don't underestimate how much talk on this chessserver is in various channels.
There is even a trading channel.

I would want to know if there could be a contribution from the funds you manage.
All will be documented and researchable (I guess some from BCT will take part) and I could pay from my pocket in front and get compensated for my expenses afterwards!?

possible?

NXT: 5231236538923913892
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:54:31 PM

Little poll, what do you prefer?

Friendly looks:
http://bitcoin.org/en/

Corporation looks:
http://www.mastercoin.org/
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:57:00 PM

I am in talks with the administrators of the free internet chess server (FICS) about having 4 chess tournaments open to everyone with a first prize in NXT.
yes, your tournament is listed in gaming tournaments since the beginning of this thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg4478626#msg4478626). I sent you PM yesterday, would you response?

thanks
kunibopl

Activity: 184

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 07:42:20 PM

Friendly looks:

Corporation looks:

friendly looks

NXT: 5231236538923913892
VanBreuk

Activity: 460

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:59:37 PM

Friendly looks:

Corporation looks:

Some of the motivations behind Nxt seem to agree more with the friendly design, but considering visuals, I think I would keep a more serious look. The official Nxt design and logos fit better in the second. I'd vote for a friendly approach in contents and language, but using sharp dressed design.
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 09:53:14 PM

http://talkaboutbitco.in/
There’s a reason why I said to pay attention to NXT.
talkaboutbitcoin January 21, 2014 0
Look at where NXT has taken us — within the last two weeks. Don’t miss this train. I told you guys.
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:29:26 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2014, 10:58:46 PM by Damelon

NXT Newsletter

Hi Pin, NxtChoice, utopianfuture, brooklynbtc, Damelon, allwelder, fmiboy +

TEXT

I have to get back to work now. Got a final deadline 01.03 but I will have more time after this week. Please post your thoughts, I will check in daily. Thank you! Smiley

Signing in!

I agree basically with what you posted. First aim is cat. 2.

A mix of information on what has been achieved (this feeds the feeling NXT is moving forward) and if possible some human interest stories.

Also giving some of the regulars on the forums a "face" will help. Putting in some characterisation on well known people helps make NXT more "human".

My summaries are basically made the same way. I purposely put in the thefts, too. Could leave them out, but it's news, too.

Is there a possibility for an archive? I like the idea that people could look back in history, even when they came months later to NXT. I have read up on the first thread by BCNext and it's great to read it knowing what we know now.

Keeping people informed of small details is good, too. Even a small hiccup on a market can be news. Generally, I am not afraid at never having news. Anything can be news.

Are we dividing tasks based on area of interest or do we do it differently?

Edit: by the way: I like "friendly" the best.

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
apenzl

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 11:54:01 PM

Proposal:
We should establish an online "writers room", and have a weekly meeting. Day before/hours before: share possible headlines. Meet online, pick stories and delegate them. Based on interest and knowledge of the relevant issues. We will soon find out what kind of stories/articles fit who, and if we need more man/woman-power to the team.

Damelon/brooklynbtc will do "breaking news"? Hourly/daily updates. Perhaps readers should be able to choose wether to check this online, get tweets or receive a daily mail (morning or evening). This mail as an optional addition to the weekly newsletters. Some will consider it spam, others are gonna love to be in the loop, so let them choose.

As for the looks of the newsletter & site. Salsacz is asking for feedback about "friendly looks" or "corporation looks". Hash's logo was the first important step, but we are about to create a brand. We should coordinate. Newsletter/mag should have an identity of its own but still reflect how NXT is being marketed.

If we want NXT to overtake the world (as if not?), translators should get in after deadline. Chinese/Mandarin, Hindi, Russian, Arabic, Spanish, French + ? newsletter should be sent to the relevant media for further coverage of NXT.

IMO the website should definitely have an archive for former newsletter issues / articles.
nxtmag.org. I got it. Let's go. Smiley

More thoughts and feedback, people?

PS. "Friendly" and "professional" for me too…, Salsacz.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: