Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:51:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nxt marketing & promotion :: Nxt forum now moved to nxtforums.org  (Read 77970 times)
salsacz (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:15:53 PM

updated OP (new articles) and gdoc (posts from this topic)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:46:09 PM

The community has spoken:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=445338.0
Should we transfer 250k NXT from Community Fund to Conference Fund?  (Voting closed: Today at 15:55:33)
Yes   - 50 (72.5%)
No   - 7 (10.1%)
I don't care   - 12 (17.4%)
Lock Voting
Edit Poll
Total Voters: 69
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:54:34 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 06:58:06 PM by salsacz

Articles writing updates - some topics were assigned in last days

- Why is pure Proof of Stake in Nxt best solution for cryptocurrencies?

- How can you mine Nxt only with solar energy?

- How could decentralized exchanges change the world? (no Government, no censorship, USA, China...) - + decentralized messaging, DNS

- The 51% Attack - technical details, history of 51% attacks, how it ended, Nxt solution (is Nxt safer than other PoS currencies?) (Ghash's pool is risking Bitcoin's security again with 40% of the network's hashpower and no one is talking about it. Pools of PoW machines with enormous hashpower is Bitcoin's most pressing concern and biggest flaw right now. Nextcoin is the best answer to this. Why is it not being talked about more?)
- Zahlen

- Nxt: gaming friendly currency (vs. Litecoin, a graphic cards killer) - Due to Litecoin's difficulty skyrocketing there is a global shortage of Graphic Cards, which piss off gamers tremendously and drive up the price for grahics cards. NXT solves this. (Uniqueorn's idea, maybe reserved for him..?)

- Nxt + Raspberry (+other similar platforms (Cubietruck)) (can be different articles, also short articles) (0 energy  forging package)

- Transparent Forging (very very technical, history of mining, comparisons)

Shorter articles/essays:

- Why should you invest in Nxt? (/Why should you invest in Nxt long term?)
- bithic
- Damelon
- many free spots

- Why is Nxt so friendly currency?: (i) It *doesn't* have VC capital backing. ii) It *doesn't* have "slick sales guys*. iii) It *does* have smart devs and an increasing following.  iv) It *is* delivering its promises (more or less) on time.) - more about the community, people form all over the world, community funding, decentralized company - a world of free individuals who all believe in Nxt. 1500 pages in Bitcointalk
- bithic

- How Nxt changed my life

Future (short) articles: (now it's to soon):

- Who accepts Nxt as a payment? (+ fee in Nxt vs. Bitcoin vs. fiat (VISA))
- Nxt invites altcoins to host on it's blockchain
- Can be a new internet stored on Nxt's blockchain / DNS system?
- Nxt clients: Damelon

Have you got any idea about some other article? Share it. We would love to have more scientific articles, financial, economical, IT...
Sanglotslongs

Activity: 448
Merit: 280

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:00:51 PM

Can I have bounty for my re-designed NXT message tab ?
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:29:27 PM

I've just gotten a friendly webdeveloper interested in creating Nxt payment modules for Wordpress, prestashop and magento (possibly other open source e-commerce systems, too).

He's currently swamped with work, but is going to read up this week and I expect a reaction during next week.
good. I would also vote for Shopify and Drupal, maybe also donating button for Blogger Smiley

I heard back from my guy and he's going to open a Nxt account today and try things out.

He is going to try out various ways of payment and will report back. Only once he has figured out a way to keep it safe ánd easy can it be translated to the payment systems.

I myself am aiming for all open source systems, so yes, definitely drupal and shopify, too.

Everything should flow more easily once the basic system has been thought out.

Edit: I just want to add that my small article on "Why (and what) I invested in Nxt" is one of the best running articles on my blog, after "First look at a Nxt high-end forging rig" and "Showcasing Nxt clients" and the Miami Summary.

These four articles out of a total of 27 got over 26% of all views.
It's interesting to note that none of them are really technical, but all are written from either a personal angle, or just showcase an interesting aspect of Nxt in an easy to understand way.

I say this to encourage people not to be daunted by the big articles. Not everyone can write those, but giving Nxt a "face" by just telling people why YOU like it is very effective too. Or just some aspect you think is really interesting to YOU.

Loads of people have no idea why Nxt is great, and while we have people who can tackle the technical "big issues" in print, we also need people to show that Nxt is interesting to them.

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:12:23 PM

there is no open bounty for graphic elements, we have only infographics (that reminds me I could ask someone about my NxtMyth infographic Cheesy ) , because if you look at the logo contest, there was also a huge number of great contestans. But still we can start to discuss about this topic, because this guy is really good and what is also important - active - https://forums.nxtcrypto.org/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=667 (+ we shouldn't forget about QTBC's designs). Then we're going to have a proposal by Damelon's friends and there is a possibility so THEY will lead us in this area. But they should provide a lot of materials then Smiley It's time for paying PRO marketing materials. It also means current T-shirts for Berlin will be extremely rare, if we choose a new branding design next month.
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:22:18 PM

Dam: yes, this is VERY famous blog post about Nxt with huge influence: http://juliansarokin.com/from-400-to-30000-well-that-was-exciting/

(There is also a new category in short articles. This is qute easy way to earn nice 500 nxt from open bounty Smiley )
Damelon
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:33:18 PM

there is no open bounty for graphic elements, we have only infographics (that reminds me I could ask someone about my NxtMyth infographic Cheesy ) , because if you look at the logo contest, there was also a huge number of great contestans. But still we can start to discuss about this topic, because this guy is really good and what is also important - active - https://forums.nxtcrypto.org/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=667 (+ we shouldn't forget about QTBC's designs). Then we're going to have a proposal by Damelon's friends and there is a possibility so THEY will lead us in this area. But they should provide a lot of materials then Smiley It's time for paying PRO marketing materials. It also means current T-shirts for Berlin will be extremely rare, if we choose a new branding design next month.

Now that I see QBTC mentioned: has payment for running nxtcrypto come up again?
Yesterday it was mentioned, but in all the commotion it was pushed to the background again?

Can she at least be reimbursed for costs? She's been instrumental in getting Nxt started and now it turns out she is running at a loss. That doesn't seem right.

What are the views on this? She runs Twitter, FB and nxtcrypto and has basically the largest access to users.

Just wanting to sound you people out.

salsacz (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:35:24 PM

+
we will be re-using "one minute spots for Let's talk Bitcoin". How can we use them?
1) share only MP3 by social media sites:
- Facebooks
- Twitters
- maybe russian vk
- Reddit - this can also establish our Reddit platform

2) It would be nice to have a space for actual spots at our websites... It is very nice to have something new, non static...
- then we can easily add also Joefox's radio show

3) ? any more ideas? Maybe a video..
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:37:46 PM

Yesterday it was mentioned, but in all the commotion it was pushed to the background again?

Can she at least be reimbursed for costs? She's been instrumental in getting Nxt started and now it turns out she is running at a loss. That doesn't seem right.

What are the views on this? She runs Twitter, FB and nxtcrypto and has basically the largest access to users.

I wrote it somewhere - we will get her (and pay) costs first and then we can decide about something like:

spend 10.000 for updating all websites / month

spend 10.000 for updating all social medias / month

- so QTBC could get for example 5.000 from the sites fund + 3.000 from the social media fund / month
Damelon
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:58:42 PM

I wrote it somewhere - we will get her (and pay) costs first and then we can decide about something like:

- so QTBC could get for example 5.000 from the sites fund + 3.000 from the social media fund / month

So (and I mean this in a very positive way) it has been decided to cover the costs she has made for now? I think that would be great, at least. That is for work done and needs to be covered.

In light of the discussion we had the last day it might be a good idea to ask her what costs she has in total and garantuee that for a set period of time.

I have no idea if 5000 and 3000 is too much or too little for running those.

Can anyone pitch in with an informed view?

jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 12:34:49 AM

So (and I mean this in a very positive way) it has been decided to cover the costs she has made for now? I think that would be great, at least. That is for work done and needs to be covered.

In light of the discussion we had the last day it might be a good idea to ask her what costs she has in total and garantuee that for a set period of time.

I have no idea if 5000 and 3000 is too much or too little for running those.

Can anyone pitch in with an informed view?
For actual costs, just convert fiat to NXT and use average price for when the NXT is paid out. As NXT goes up in value, the amount of NXT changes, but the fiat bills get paid.

Maybe by year end 300 NXT will be too much!

This is what I mean by converting to fiat to calculate the NXT payout. The faster we make NXT go up in value, the more we can do with the budget

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:46:35 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 12:58:07 AM by salsacz

first Buzz about our Nxt Android App made by that golddigger:

http://www.emediaworld.com/?post_type=simplepr&p=78297

The Top 10 Crypto Currency Mobile Apps List:
Bitcoin Buzz App – Developed by: CryptoAlliances.com (CIS Solutions)
Primecoin Buzz App – Developed by: Crypto Alliances (CIS Solutions)
XRP (Ripple) Buzz App – Developed by: Crypto Alliances (CIS Solutions)
Quarkcoin News App – Developed by: Crypto Alliances (CIS Solutions)
Litecoin Buzz App – Developed by: Crypto Alliances (CIS Solutions)
Bitcoin Checker – Developed by: Mobnetic
Dogecoin WOW – Developed by: Crypto Alliances (CIS Solutions)
NXT App (Next Gen) – Developed by: Crypto Alliances (CIS Solutions)
BIPS Market / BIPS POS -  Developed by: BIPS.me Official Team
42 Coin Buzz App – Coming Soon (Alpha Testing Stage) by:  CryptoAlliances.com

we are still in the downloaded 100-500 range
QBTC

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:58:39 AM

Salsacz asked us to jump over to this thread so I'll quote this in entirety for context:

All,  Ive asked QBTC to list her out of pocket expenses so far for website.  Obviously, she should be reimbursed from unclaimed NXT for this, hopefully along with a bit of bounty for her hours and hours and hours of professional services on the site.

And the community will need to determine if she should scale back the performance of the site to lower the bills.

Obviously she cannot continue to fund the www site like she has been doing.  If the community doesnt want her to continue running it then at least reimburse her for the $ she's spent on it so far.

I made a proposal yesterday for at least her cost so far (which is considerable, btw) to be reimbursed directly from unclaimed coins since she has already provided those services.  But no one seems to want to do that, so I guess we probably wont have a www site whenever the monthly cost for it is due again.

I was thinking that we could pay her costs from until now directly from unclaimed NXT, and the future costs would come from marketing fund, but at this point it looks like we wont have a web site too much longer, unless someone else wants to just pay the cost out of their own pocket as well as do all the work themselves.

WTFO?Huh   Angry  Personally I think she has been doing a phenomenal job and the lot of you are complete assholes for making me write all this up.

Okay, the server is on the expensive side. I thought to give NXT the same service I give my website clients and wanted to ensure security and bandwidth accommodation. It is $149 per month. I've just paid the second month for a total of $298. Carrying it through the year would be a total of $1490. $245.77 was spent on advertising. The out-of-pocket is growing, but really, the time spent is most significant and can't be easily measured. How much I continue depends on my inclination to continue to give to the community, I guess.

What did you get?

At the time of this writing 36,040 brand new visitors to the custom website (up to almost 5000 visits a day), 5,860 Facebook fans, 876 Tweets for 793 Twitter followers and 110 Google pluses with 26 people circling Nxt, some activity on Pinterest and some art. I've tried to stay relevant and current, engaging the community with a positive voice, answering questions and even eliminating spreaders of FUD (that felt good!).

I really want to continue helping spread the word and probably will to some extent or another. And, I'm not going to just shut the website down. I'm just raising concerns about taking this level of commitment into the future. My expectations that donations would pour in to cover my time and expenses aren't materializing. For disclosure, after I've gifted some of my initial investment I have @ 330,000 NXT. I'm not a founder or big stakeholder. Obviously I believe in NXT.  I'll trust you to be fair and continue to do my best as long as I can.

It's exciting to be a part of this emerging phenomenon! There are a huge pile of us that are working tirelessly and with passion in a number of capacities –code, development, infrastructure, marketing, etc. I appreciate each one of you! Thank you!
Asian Prepper

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 02:08:42 AM

Salsacz asked us to jump over to this thread so I'll quote this in entirety for context:

All,  Ive asked QBTC to list her out of pocket expenses so far for website.  Obviously, she should be reimbursed from unclaimed NXT for this, hopefully along with a bit of bounty for her hours and hours and hours of professional services on the site.

And the community will need to determine if she should scale back the performance of the site to lower the bills.

Obviously she cannot continue to fund the www site like she has been doing.  If the community doesnt want her to continue running it then at least reimburse her for the $ she's spent on it so far.

I made a proposal yesterday for at least her cost so far (which is considerable, btw) to be reimbursed directly from unclaimed coins since she has already provided those services.  But no one seems to want to do that, so I guess we probably wont have a www site whenever the monthly cost for it is due again.

I was thinking that we could pay her costs from until now directly from unclaimed NXT, and the future costs would come from marketing fund, but at this point it looks like we wont have a web site too much longer, unless someone else wants to just pay the cost out of their own pocket as well as do all the work themselves.

WTFO?Huh   Angry  Personally I think she has been doing a phenomenal job and the lot of you are complete assholes for making me write all this up.

Okay, the server is on the expensive side. I thought to give NXT the same service I give my website clients and wanted to ensure security and bandwidth accommodation. It is $149 per month. I've just paid the second month for a total of $298. Carrying it through the year would be a total of $1490. $245.77 was spent on advertising. The out-of-pocket is growing, but really, the time spent is most significant and can't be easily measured. How much I continue depends on my inclination to continue to give to the community, I guess.

What did you get?

At the time of this writing 36,040 brand new visitors to the custom website (up to almost 5000 visits a day), 5,860 Facebook fans, 876 Tweets for 793 Twitter followers and 110 Google pluses with 26 people circling Nxt, some activity on Pinterest and some art. I've tried to stay relevant and current, engaging the community with a positive voice, answering questions and even eliminating spreaders of FUD (that felt good!).

I really want to continue helping spread the word and probably will to some extent or another. And, I'm not going to just shut the website down. I'm just raising concerns about taking this level of commitment into the future. My expectations that donations would pour in to cover my time and expenses aren't materializing. For disclosure, after I've gifted some of my initial investment I have @ 330,000 NXT. I'm not a founder or big stakeholder. Obviously I believe in NXT.  I'll trust you to be fair and continue to do my best as long as I can.

It's exciting to be a part of this emerging phenomenon! There are a huge pile of us that are working tirelessly and with passion in a number of capacities –code, development, infrastructure, marketing, etc. I appreciate each one of you! Thank you!

Is this being hosted on a dedicated server or something? why is it so expensive? Can't we host it at a lower rate at hostgator and move it over to a higher tier service once we get some traffic?

Tai Zen

As of 2014-04-09 I no longer post as "Asian Prepper" and will post under my real name "Tai Zen" to eliminate confusion.

Founder of www.PrisonOrFreedom.com | BTC: 19HHZ1yEimKUYVFM9TkXqd9xwM54jSFrmc | LTC:  LTA99422wieqR1MfWeNxZU5xAsESE9MzW7 | NXT:  17225446755425423638
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:14:08 AM

What did you get?

I invited you because of this, it was published even before optical's post Cheesy

Asian Prepper

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 02:14:22 AM

Also, I'd like to suggest that we all move over to the nxt forum n post there to show some activity n not have it look like a ghost town.  It doesn't make any sense to "market" n "promote" nxt but put in all the work n effort on a btc forum.

Either the developers or the marketers have to take initiative to make the move... we can't keep asking the nxt developer community to move over when we ourselves are still here. Since we are a smaller group (but have a big impact on nxt) I suggest we make the move over to the nxt forum first n set the pace for the rest of the nxt community to follow.

If we keep posting here.. there will be no reason for people to switch over n start to develop the nxt forum.

People don't like change... so as long as we continue to post here... there is no reason for the nxt community to migrate to nxt forum.

I don't care which nxt forum, just pick one or vote on one n we all move.

I suggest nxtcrypto.com so there is no conflict of interest with the dgex exchange.

Tai Zen

As of 2014-04-09 I no longer post as "Asian Prepper" and will post under my real name "Tai Zen" to eliminate confusion.

Founder of www.PrisonOrFreedom.com | BTC: 19HHZ1yEimKUYVFM9TkXqd9xwM54jSFrmc | LTC:  LTA99422wieqR1MfWeNxZU5xAsESE9MzW7 | NXT:  17225446755425423638
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 02:20:25 AM

Also, I'd like to suggest that we all move over to the nxt forum n post there to show some activity n not have it look like a ghost town.  It doesn't make any sense to "market" n "promote" nxt but put in all the work n effort on a btc forum.

Either the developers or the marketers have to take initiative to make the move... we can't keep asking the nxt developer community to move over when we ourselves are still here. Since we are a smaller group (but have a big impact on nxt) I suggest we make the move over to the nxt forum first n set the pace for the rest of the nxt community to follow.

If we keep posting here.. there will be no reason for people to switch over n start to develop the nxt forum.

People don't like change... so as long as we continue to post here... there is no reason for the nxt community to migrate to nxt forum.

I don't care which nxt forum, just pick one or vote on one n we all move.

I suggest nxtcrypto.com so there is no conflict of interest with the dgex exchange.

Tai Zen
has to be nxtcrypto, dgex guy does not like me at all, and he has clearly stated that anybody that didnt expect him to "protect his interest" was kidding themselves. That means that anything posted negatively about anything related to dgex gets censored, deleted, etc.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:41:57 AM

May I ask for proofreading?:

First truly decentralized currency

- Brand new code
- 100% Proof of Stake
- Aliases, Messages
- Asset Exchange
- Transparent mining
- Instant transactions
- Up to 1000 TPS
- Distributed autonomous corporations

- No capital backing
- No centralized leadership

Nxtcrypto.org/start - Mynxt.org

NXT: a decentralized company funded by community composed by free individuals
QBTC

Activity: 67

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:53:19 AM

Is this being hosted on a dedicated server or something? why is it so expensive? Can't we host it at a lower rate at hostgator and move it over to a higher tier service once we get some traffic?

Tai Zen

This is a server setup that I'm familiar with and can tweak for Drupal performance the way I've been doing for years. It saved me time in that regard. It is a dedicated server. I set it up when the exchange was under DDOS and there were some bandwidth issues and bogging down. I wasn't sure what to expect, so I decided to opt for speed and security.. And the path wasn't clear as to where community sites would be hosted, and I got room for expansion.

I do have a smaller, slower server I could move it to and have considered it. Maybe we should make the move and see how it goes. I'm willing to.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: