Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:54:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nxt marketing & promotion :: Nxt forum now moved to nxtforums.org  (Read 77972 times)
Fern

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:18:00 PM

I'm making some NXT branded mini computer cases for conferences and anyone else that may like one. I realize mini computers may not be relevant soon but it might help us in the short term.

I'll post some prototype pics when it's done. I'm not expecting any payment but if they are useful then that would be appreciated.

In future, the mainstream might buy a NXT branded computer because that's the crypto platform of their choice and they are happy to leave the node up and running 24/7 to support the network. But most buyers would need to justify their purchase, so if they could also do their email, browsing and file storage etc then that would make a lot more sense.
salsacz (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:27:25 PM

I'm making some NXT branded mini computer cases for conferences and anyone else that may like one. I realize mini computers may not be relevant soon but it might help us in the short term.

I'll post some prototype pics when it's done. I'm not expecting any payment but if they are useful then that would be appreciated.

In future, the mainstream might buy a NXT branded computer because that's the crypto platform of their choice and they are happy to leave the node up and running 24/7 to support the network. But most buyers would need to justify their purchase, so if they could also do their email, browsing and file storage etc then that would make a lot more sense.
I think ArkOS + Nxt could be a fantastic choice, it is free and very independent
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:23:35 AM

We now construct a new Nxt Chinese forum www.nxts.info in order to promote Nxt forward in China and attract more newbies.

And the China web www.nxts.org will continue to serve as the wiki one.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Mario123

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 08:00:55 AM

@Mario: yep, Gill sans was used for most NXT promo material up until now, but Fatih used BankGothic on his new box-of-chocolates design.

Fatih is a 3d guy but no designer, especially no typographer (no offense, Fatih. 3D is your thing, it looks good). The font looks super techy and has no good readability. In short: I don't like it Wink

Fatih87SK

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:13:09 AM

@Mario: yep, Gill sans was used for most NXT promo material up until now, but Fatih used BankGothic on his new box-of-chocolates design.

Fatih is a 3d guy but no designer, especially no typographer (no offense, Fatih. 3D is your thing, it looks good). The font looks super techy and has no good readability. In short: I don't like it Wink

You're right. I'm not a good 2D designer. But I did my best.
Next time I will use Gill Sans. I think it's too late to change it now.

Thanks.

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:11:48 PM

You're right. I'm not a good 2D designer. But I did my best.
Next time I will use Gill Sans. I think it's too late to change it now.

Thanks.

I like Fatihs work here, and his stuff was done for a private C-f-B project, not as an "official" NXT project. Maybe we should have another little vote to see what the community thinks.

On the subject of the bumper stickers, I've made a mistake with Vistaprint. Ooops....i'm an idiot.
I ordered stickers from them 2 years ago at a great price: 100 stickers for 100 euro......the current price is €363 per 100 which is very expensive for a giveaway item. I'm going to look for other printing options.

Could i have some feedback on the price ? And on how much we are willing to spend on stickers/promo stuff?

I'm slightly sick, got a cold, I'll be not very present on the fora today...

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:25:52 PM

I think without a booth or naked ladies it is quite impossible to giveaway stickers during regular business talks with potential contributors
Mario123

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 10:07:20 PM

Guys, consider http://www.moo.com for some future prints. They have marvelous business cards and other stuff like mini cards with different designs for every card. We could print different QR codes on every mini card for example. Moo quality is quite nice.

salsacz (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:21:03 PM

yes, moo are the best... Let's see what bring those Damelon's friends. If they provide beautiful designs, we should definitely jump on moo only Smiley
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 11:12:54 PM

yes, moo are the best... Let's see what bring those Damelon's friends. If they provide beautiful designs, we should definitely jump on moo only Smiley

I still am at the Frankfurter Messe, but have had a call from him.
We will call when I am back in Amsterdam on wednesday and I will ask him for some quick designs.
After that I will meet with his partner and we will work on a complete design that is coordinated in apparel and cards etc. Smiley

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 11:20:34 PM

Hey guys, due to very limited available free time I will unwatch this thread - in case someone needs me about something PM me.

Thanks!
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 11:39:00 PM

I still am at the Frankfurter Messe, but have had a call from him.
We will call when I am back in Amsterdam on wednesday and I will ask him for some quick designs.
After that I will meet with his partner and we will work on a complete design that is coordinated in apparel and cards etc. Smiley
It also means we shouldn't waste much attention on current logos/graphics and only give some bounty for last efforts in this area. But there is still open bounty for good infographics!

Some articles are assigned, but anyone can also suggest a new topic! We need to get attention of university and business guys now:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412243.msg5009460#msg5009460

There is a little bounty for new websites, but we will probably have a fund for maintaining our websites. What do you think about this?

- spend 10.000 Nxt for updating all websites / month

- spend 10.000 Nxt for updating all social medias / month
(right now most of this job does QTBC, with some twitter, reddit and VK support)
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:03:37 AM

I think without a booth or naked ladies it is quite impossible to giveaway stickers during regular business talks with potential contributors
Who needs stickers when u have naked ladies?  Cheesy

Nope, business cards are much more useful in a face-2-face. Swag is always nice, tho,
Pens (Admiral.fus idea, methinks) would be good in an f2f situation.

I'd also like to use stickers for guerilla marketing (ie sticking them everywhere, just to make Joe Public think about us a bit) but I'm holding back on that at the moment.  Like to know waht other people might think about it, though?

Anyhow, I'm gonig to sneeze a lot and then upgrade my VPS.....

EDIT: on the subject of marketing, have a look at this, which some random guy posted on the main BTT thread a day or 2 ago:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=402667.0
In a world of scam/shit coins, these guys are standing out from the crowd with marketing, even though their product is no better/worse than DOGE, for example.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:36:55 AM

noble is mostly doing a dust on shitsites and shitshops, but I already sent our new stickers to "the BitStickers" so that was a good idea. Other stuff will come with wordpress Nxt plugins
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:47:44 AM

added some new features to the NXT vs Btc transaction infographic:
https://i.imgur.com/FiKG85L.jpg
Damelon
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:03:43 AM

Who needs stickers when u have naked ladies?  Cheesy

Nope, business cards are much more useful in a face-2-face. Swag is always nice, tho,
Pens (Admiral.fus idea, methinks) would be good in an f2f situation.

Business cards are a MUST. Get loads.
I've just ran out here in Frankfurt and it's really bad PR to get a big client and you don't have a card. It shouts "small time trader" and "amateur".  Angry

Shaking hands and talking is the only must. You can have all the marketing gear and a big booth and it doesn't mean anything if you don't go out and meet people, if even to give your card and have a chat.

So basically, if you cannot do more than that at short notice, use what you have, which is people and go there and meet and greet.

Also hoard cards like a magpie. Get a notebook, ask for cards and staple them inside. At the end you will have a valuable book with contacts that you have met and can write to. Make quick notes about the people you met when you have the time, so you can personalise emails if needed.

Keep track of opportunities. If at all possible, mail them in the week after the conference to start a closer relationship.

I've been managing a small booth here now for over four days (and now am down with a cold in my hotel room  Cry ), and have loads of contacts for my company that I will spend contacting all in the next week. Big deals and good contacts are not created on the spot. Don't get discouraged it your talks are brief and people seem uninterested or hurried. They have loads of people to meet besides you. If they give you their card, it's an invitation to call on them, so use it!

Also remember to rest. Get drunk áfter the conference Wink. Conferences and meeting people is hard work!

And lastly, enjoy!

VanBreuk

Activity: 460

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:29:34 AM

Twitter is sizzling hot. People that usually barely mentioned Nxt are constantly referring to it as an alternative to the present Btc earthquake.

Guys, move your social media and assets. The time is getting more and more ripe.
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:29:15 PM

https://i.imgur.com/fxUlNFU.jpg

http://imgur.com/eCcIQkV
Damelon
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:39:29 PM

Actually, one does:

Is nxt vulnerable to the Transaction Malleability problem bitcoin has?

Bitcoin doesn't have Transaction Malleability problem. MtGox does.

Nxt exchanges shouldn't rely on transaction ids though. Coz ids can be changed in a way similar to Bitcoin.

Wink

In a related note, I dislike marketing that "attacks" the other parties weak points.
It will always come back to you.

VanBreuk

Activity: 460

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:22:02 PM

In a related note, I dislike marketing that "attacks" the other parties weak points.
It will always come back to you.

Sure. But thankfully there's always a balance point, where you can take the chance to make alternatives known without bashing any other parties. The moments where people wonder are perfect to put other options on the table.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: