Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:29:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nxt marketing & promotion :: Nxt forum now moved to nxtforums.org  (Read 77972 times)
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

NXT.org

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:38:14 PM

But still, we have some geek girls around... However the Amsterdam ticket costs 10-12k Nxt...

Sure if a genuine NXTer girl wants to go to the conference that is great.
But we should be very weary of being labelled as "that sexist crypto who use cheap marketing strategies".

Let's have it clear it was a joke, just becáuse the discussion was had.

I think no one ever took it seriously...

No it has been discussed seriously repeatedly. It was up for discussion just yesterday.
salsacz (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:38:18 PM

back to work. Do you think - could I borrow 15 seconds to the video from this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRWNr3MA2jo&feature=youtu.be&t=4m4s Cheesy
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:43:22 PM

back to work. Do you think - could I borrow 15 seconds to the video from this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRWNr3MA2jo&feature=youtu.be&t=4m4s Cheesy

15 seconds should constitute "Fair Use" Smiley

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:46:48 PM

Please explain what context?
I don't think we should soundbyte a Ethereum founder to promote NXT. That is a shitfest waiting to happen, remember that Ethereum got a fuckload of support
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:54:28 PM

Androklis Polymenis (me) donates a million digital NXT coins to BPF! $43,000. Press release [PDF]: http://goo.gl/t8tWY8

https://twitter.com/Lets_Upgrade/status/438525224368107520

wow,so generous.

This needs more media coverage. Anyone has account with http://service.prweb.com/ ?
I am on it, already submitted it to few sites. I am also registered at prweb, but they want $99-499 for one news release, bastards

Yes, but they want money, but they get it published to finance.yahoo.com and other sites

Again I think it's worth it.
I have contacted 20+ big sites already, but if these people can GUARANTEE that it'll be published on some of the biggest news sites in the world then it's worth it in my opinion.
Should be paid straight from the fund. Salsacz is already in control of a marketing fund, so if we're all in agreement on it I don't think that's a problem?

This just came up in the main thread.
I think it is basically a good idea, but want to make it into a solid plan, which then can be put up to the newly chosen committee for funding.
Might as well do it as well as we can Smiley

Each press release (with this service, but we could shop around and see if there are better prices and maybe better aimed services) are 3500-5500 Nxt to distribute.
If we do this well, we'd need a constant supply of press releases, so I'd like a group of writers to tackle it.

Would someone like to join me in thinking up a good solid plan for this so we can make a good proposal for funding, so we are auditable and not just throwing Nxt at it?

I'd like to show that the funds are used wisely. No garantuee it will get funding, but we might as well learn to make a good proposal and stick to it. Smiley

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:58:51 PM

Androklis Polymenis (me) donates a million digital NXT coins to BPF! $43,000. Press release [PDF]: http://goo.gl/t8tWY8

wow,so generous.

This needs more media coverage. Anyone has account with http://service.prweb.com/ ?
I am on it, already submitted it to few sites. I am also registered at prweb, but they want $99-499 for one news release, bastards

Yes, but they want money, but they get it published to finance.yahoo.com and other sites

I have contacted 20+ big sites already, but if these people can GUARANTEE that it'll be published on some of the biggest news sites in the world then it's worth it in my opinion.
Should be paid straight from the fund. Salsacz is already in control of a marketing fund, so if we're all in agreement on it I don't think that's a problem?

I think it is basically a good idea, but want to make it into a solid plan, which then can be put up to the newly chosen committee for funding.

Each press release (with this service, but we could shop around and see if there are better prices and maybe better aimed services) are 3500-5500 Nxt to distribute.
If we do this well, we'd need a constant supply of press releases, so I'd like a group of writers to tackle it.

Would someone like to join me in thinking up a good solid plan for this so we can make a good proposal for funding, so we are auditable and not just throwing Nxt at it?

I'd like to show that the funds are used wisely. No garantuee it will get funding, but we might as well learn to make a good proposal and stick to it. Smiley

Sure I agree this is the way to go in the long run (unclaimed marketingfund), but Salsacz is in charge of a privately donated fund from neer.g and cfb in the 700K~ range. I think it would be a wise decision to spend some of this now on this news story. A big donation like this wont happen often so we must use it for what it's worth when it does.
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:03:57 PM

wow,so generous.

Right now I am submitting 5 articles and 2 are under proofreading, big sites = 10.000 Nxt, so it would be 70.000 for already written texts. Right now it is +- 1 text in 2 days, so 150.000 / month only for publishing, not for writing/proofreading etc
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:02:09 PM

Starcraft tournament was a week ago and still no report for Magazines althought it cost 25.000 Nxt?  Undecided
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:24:06 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 11:40:15 PM by salsacz

not bad
https://plus.google.com/+FinancialTimes/posts/gPtq1EHykUA

http://im.ft-static.com/content/images/c73d3758-9b22-11e3-946b-00144feab7de.img
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:27:39 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 11:48:11 PM by EvilDave

Yep, no booth babes. It's just not NXT, as well as being sexist to the point of idiocy.

Anyhow, back to A'dam:

I'd like to propose myself and Damelon as official conference co-ordinators (if D. is up for it)
We should bear the responsibility of making sure that this conference goes as smoothly and professionally as possible, with a minimum of last minute panic. Hopefully....

i know that May seems like a long way away, but its actually only 11 weeks to go......

So here is a short list of things to worry about:

Sponsorship level: looks like 'Contributing Sponsor' level gives the most bang for our buck:

Contributing sponsor
● Logo on conference website and
Guidebook app on Sponsors page
● Full exhibitor package as outlined below
with priority choice of exhibit placement
● 1 full conference registration included
€1,500, including:

Exhibitor Package:
● Includes flannel-walled exhibit stand with
built-in spot lighting, your company name
and tailor-made backwall image
● Sponsors will have first choice of exhibit
placement and remaining spaces will be
determined on a first-come basis.
● Additional services (flooring, furniture
etc) can be tailored at the request of the
exhibitor, if requested and paid in
advance. An exhibitor brochure and
services manual will be sent to all
exhibitors ahead of the event.
● NB - Exhibitors are requested not to bring
their own banners/stands but to make use of
the existing built-in branding provided. Staff
and content of stand requires pre-approval.

Number of tickets. We get one full reg included with the above deal. Other tickets will cost €370-€420, so it's not cheap.

Speakers/panel members/stand promo team. Need guys with serious knowledge to participate in panels, give talks. Less knowledgeable types such as myself can work the stand. WE NEED VOLUNTEERS, anyway.

Promo material: clothing, brochures, biz cards, giveaways, RaspPiSolar.....any other ideas?

Support: transport, accomodation etc for attendees.

Theres going to be a few more things to worry about, but these are the main points.
I'm going to work on some more planning over the weekend.

What I really want to see are some volunteers to work the event, give talks and go on panels.
Gonna repost this on the main thread, and on nextcoin.org:
https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,4225.0.html

Be good to post/re-post all info to nextcoin.org, keep it all in one easy to access thread.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:32:04 PM

That is pretty awesome, everyone should comment there.
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:38:44 PM

Starcraft tournament was a week ago and still no report for Magazines althought it cost 25.000 Nxt?  Undecided

Wow, what a waste of Nxt.
EvilDave

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:42:04 PM

Somebodys butt needs to be kicked.

On sort of the same topic: I don't like paid press releases much. It is basically a scam, u r just paying to go on a mailing list.
Better to make a seriously good press release ourselves and see how far we can get with getting it published. If it turns out that we suck at PR, then hire a professional on a results basis.

CoinTropolis_JustaBitTime

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:11:26 AM

A special thank you from Songs of Love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehrIvLJXcsE

Please distribute in our social media campaigns.
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:23:10 AM

Somebodys butt needs to be kicked.

On sort of the same topic: I don't like paid press releases much. It is basically a scam, u r just paying to go on a mailing list.
Better to make a seriously good press release ourselves and see how far we can get with getting it published. If it turns out that we suck at PR, then hire a professional on a results basis.

It had several thousand views (the posts about it pre-event) had thousands of LIVE viewers, it was tweeted to a collective 80K+ twitter followers repeatedly by the biggest players and I have already told salsacz I am working on articles of the event. Love how he still wants to keep going on about this just because I didn't write the articles beforehand and he doesn't comprehend how these things work in the eSport scene. Absolutely love it salsa, keep the drama going Wink

And also you forgot to mention that when we set up the Starcraft showmatch the price of NXT was half of what it is now, so using that 25K nxt figure is down right misleading, which you are obviously 100% aware since we had hours of debates around this.

But hey, no, let's not expand into the biggest entertianment business for one of our target audiences, let's keep giving you tens of thousands of NXT to publish articles on your blog that get a few hundred views. Let's instead do that. I support it 100%.

For the rest of you: ask questions before calling for asskickings.
wakasaki808

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:42:11 AM

eSport events usually aren't talked about much in magazines(that I know of) it's more "watch" worthy just to see how players play. If anything the term NXT has gotten into the knowledge of the viewers. League of Legends has kind of overtaken SC2 scene for now. Would have been great to have gotten TotalBuscuit, Husky, or Day9 to have called the game. Don't really know Madals much.

You can watch the games any time too on YouTube.

EvilDave

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:44:35 AM

@Unique
So, er..how's the article/press release coming on ?

I'm not up for getting in between u and salsa on this.
Looks like there's stuff going on that's above my pay grade.
But if u guys had a deal, it should be honored on both sides.

And yeah, salsa is getting well supported by NXT, but he also seems to be working full time for NXT.
If u think that he's underperforming, bring it on up and we can debate it, but with PR its very difficult to to gauge results, unless u have  an agreed performance metric, like sales or new account creation/client downloads/NXT price.
Anyone got stats for new accounts, btw ? If we see a peak just after the Starcraft tournament.....

Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:48:55 AM

eSport events usually aren't talked about much in magazines(that I know of) it's more "watch" worthy just to see how players play. If anything the term NXT has gotten into the knowledge of the viewers. League of Legends has kind of overtaken SC2 scene for now. Would have been great to have gotten TotalBuscuit, Husky, or Day9 to have called the game. Don't really know Madals much.

You can watch the games any time too on YouTube.

Yes and it's not just the term NXT, the casters did a terrific job explaining NXT, how it's better than Bitcoin, how it is better than Litecoin and DOGE coin especially for them (players) due to the graphics card shortage that Litecoin and DOGE has caused all over the globe, driving gaming gear prices up so that some rich ass people can have GPU farms which make them money.

Also Madals and PengWin did a great job in commentating + we had this big Polish caster step in (can't remember his name unfortunately).
It would obviously have been great to have some of the BIG casters, but they cost A LOT.
I already had to pay for the casters and my co-worker on this project out of my own goddamnfucking pocket, so how salsacz even dares to try to start this drama over again, publically, after I have had this debate about how cowardish refusal to communicate on Skype is weirding me out.

Not only that, but these reports that he is so obsessed about is something I have promised him to produce. I even asked him earlier TODAY on Skype what the bounties are for writing a looong researched article about the parallels between eSports struggle to be recognized as a real sport and cryptocurrencies struggling to be accepted as a real currency.

I have shown extreme amounts of support for salsacz throughout and put my trust on the line for him. I have vouched for him over and over and in the recent weeks the guy has switched personalities completley. I am very saddened by this.
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:52:52 AM

@Unique
So, er..how's the article/press release coming on ?

I'm not up for getting in between u and salsa on this.
Looks like there's stuff going on that's above my pay grade.
But if u guys had a deal, it should be honored on both sides.

And yeah, salsa is getting well supported by NXT, but he also seems to be working full time for NXT.
If u think that he's underperforming, bring it on up and we can debate it, but with PR its very difficult to to gauge results, unless u have  an agreed performance metric, like sales or new account creation/client downloads/NXT price.
Anyone got stats for new accounts, btw ? If we see a peak just after the Starcraft tournament.....

Yeah he is, so am I, so what's your point?
I have never said salsa is underperforming, I am just very, very taken by surprise by his recent moves over the last weeks.

Also press release for the event went fine. Swarms were sent out, reddit posts, TEAMLIQUID announcement, facebook announcements, twitter announcements etc.
The thing (that was never a part of any "deal" in the first place) that Salsa was tripping balls over was the lack of "reports". I tried to explain him that this isn't how it works in the eSport scene, but then he went mental because he has a diagnosable obsession with reports.
And once again: this was a proof of concept, not articles. It was a fucking showmatch.

And before the showmatch I also told everyone clearly that this was not about getting new accounts from the match. This is about implanting NXT into peoples subconscious, something we must do if we want NXT to ever be used anywhere. People don't just hear about something and sign up right away.
Did we gain new users that day due to it? Probably, a huge number? OF course not, believing 25K NXT (at the time valued 12.5K NXT now) to give you thousands of new users is something people tripping on DMT wouldn't even believe.

salsacz (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:24:56 AM

I think it doesn't matter if starcraft report will be in 2 or 20 days, but it would be nice to have it Smiley to know who won, who were these guys, how many viewers etc. The same thing is about our chess tournament Smiley

Chess cost 6k for 4 tournaments + little promotion text

Starcraft had promised 15k here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412243.msg4718516;topicseen#msg4718516 but it was somehow changed into 25k.

And please the is promotion thread and not a kindergarten
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: