Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:06:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nxt marketing & promotion :: Nxt forum now moved to nxtforums.org  (Read 77972 times)
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:38:00 PM

Just asked McJavar.
He is in the States on the dates of the conference.

We still need a dev/tech!

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:45:23 PM

Just asked McJavar.

Cock....

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

NXT.org

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:46:16 PM

Just asked McJavar.

Currently I don't think we have enough devs to afford to have one leave his desk for 2 days ;P
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:55:17 PM

Just asked McJavar.

Currently I don't think we have enough devs to afford to have one leave his desk for 2 days ;P
They can bring their desks. We can call it a live coding event.....

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
salsacz (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:08:18 PM

repost from the "pub"
Salsacz & marketing team.....pls look into this for AE: www.thunderclap.it
this is gonna be big Smiley
Damelon
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:11:56 PM

repost from the "pub"
Salsacz & marketing team.....pls look into this for AE: www.thunderclap.it
this is gonna be big Smiley

I was just looking at this.
Looks very interesting!

salsacz (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:32:50 PM

Little reminder

text there was cool, because when people asked about Nxt I could go line by the line and use business card as a flyer Smiley But next time texts must be bigger Cheesy
mczarnek

Activity: 527
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:09:59 AM

What is, in a few sentences, the "vision" behind Nxt?
I foresee Nxt being used as a currency itself, it will be very energy and cost efficient compared to Bitcoin.  It will also have almost instant transaction confirmations.  I would like the transaction fee for Nxt to be near zero, just enough to prevent spam, but I would also like Nxt forgers to make money off of other services such as alias registration, and in particular I see decentralized data storage and computing being very profitable for Nxt forgers and maintaining the network. I see this replacing mining but usable by every day desktops, the more power you can provide, the more you get paid, which appeals to the mining mindset and keeps lots of nodes running, keeping Nxt secure.  I see us using the decentralized exchange to implement something along the lines of ripple, built directly into the clients.

I see Nxt as being what Bitcoin wishes it could be... just still brand new, riskier from a security perspective, and not accepted anywhere.

What is the purpose of Nxt?
Nxt is a currency that will also have other currencies built on top of it, nxt also has the potential to become the world's largest supercomputer, usable as such, if we pay people to run nodes and let those nodes run distributed computing applications for a fee, when not forging for the network.

What are the goals of Nxt?
Currency to be used by many countries
Decentralized exchange

Where are we now?
Toddlers, we've got the very basics, I'm a little bit worried about a security flaw being found and all my Nxt disappearing, but we still need a lot of work to go.  Personally I'd wait a little bit until transparent forging is completed before pushing forward with marketing, though I realize we don't want to lose our momentum.

What are the key issues with Nxt at this point?
1) We need to implement multi-signature transactions, I wouldn't build a business that runs exclusively off of Nxt without the extra security peace of mind provided by multiple signatures.
2) Finish transparent forging
3) Implement decentralized computing
4) Decentralized exchange needs to get up and running

What are our key target groups? Define at most three.
People in the cryptocurrency community
Young people not in the cryptocurrency community

What are the current strategies to engage these groups? Name at most three.
Article marketing and SEO, flood the web with articles discussing Nxt, all of them pointing back to nxtcrypto.org, nxt.org, or mynxt.org, in order to increase their page ranks and number of visitors.
Create our own version of bitpay and reach out to more stores encouraging them to accept Nxt.
TV advertising, maybe youtube?

Name a few of the employed tactics in these strategies.
Agree we need to get more articles published.

What strategies and tactics aren't we using and cóuld be used?
1) I like that thunderclap idea.
2) Build another currency on top of Nxt and release it similar to Aurocoin, you tell people that all they have to do is visit some website and verify themselves, you know that they will at least cash out their crypto as 'free money' and hopefully acquire some experience using crypto in the process.
3) I think we need that independent code review to prove that Nxt is secure.
4) TV advertising to people who don't understand cryptos yet, introducing Nxt as the crypto to start with.. waiting until we have an easy way to turn fiat into Nxt.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:10:42 AM

well, well, well

http://www.ofnumbers.com/2014/03/04/chapter-3-next-generation-platforms/

NXT

Launched in late November 2013, NXT is a new cryptoplatform written entirely from scratch in Java.14 The platform has the ability to natively track “colored coins” – tokens that represent a specific asset based on their “color” (e.g., using a fraction of NXT to represent a car or house).  It also includes a decentralized asset exchange, which means you can buy and sell assets without going through a 3rd party.  For instance, one of the problems that impacts centralized exchanges and online stores today is that both your fiat and tokens are vulnerable to theft, hacking and other abuse.  In one notable instance, in December 2013, an online commerce site called Sheep Marketplace was hacked and 96,000 bitcoins were removed from its web-based wallet making it the largest known cryptoheist.15 This type of abuse is nearly impossible in a decentralized peer-to-peer exchange because there is no single centralized point of attack.16

In February 2014, I exchanged messages with “Uniqueorn,” contributor to the NXT development team.17  In his view, “the best way to compare NXT to the other cryptocurrencies is basically to not do it. NXT is not an altcoin at all.  While most of the cryptocoins being circulated are typically clones of the Bitcoin codebase with a few slight variations, very few of them bring anything new or substantial to cryptocurrency functionality.  On top of this is a built-in encrypted messaging system (like BitMessage) and anonymous payments (similar to Zerocoin) which adds an additional layer of privacy to protect confidential information and trade secrets.  Yet a lot of work still needs to be done both with our platform and the rest of the industry.  You cannot expect that your mother and father are going to sit down and understand this. For them it is supposed to be a tool to make their lives easier, not harder.”

Another key difference is that unlike Bitcoin and Litecoin which utilize proof-of-work mechanisms that scale in difficulty with network hashrate (i.e., additional hashrate added to a cryptoledger proportionally increases the block difficulty level); NXT instead utilizes something called ‘Forging,’ which is basically recirculation of NXT (Proof-of-Stake).18 “Uniqueorn” noted that, “proof-of-stake allows ‘miners’ to generate NXT without requiring the use of relatively large sums of electricity that other cryptocoin proof-of-work systems currently do.”  In other words, the barriers to entry are significantly lower as user does not need to utilize a top-of-the line ASIC machine which is discussed later in Chapter 7.  Therefore, a user can “forge” tokens on a smart phone, a solar powered Raspberry Pi, or a laptop computer.  In practice, an algorithm randomly picks one node to process all of the transactions and all other machines know this system is the sole transaction ‘forger’ – thus all other erroneous transactions can be discarded.  All machines participating in this ‘forging’ effort are rewarded according to the proportional amount of NXT they have; thus if you have 1% of the tokens you have a 1% chance of being selected to forge the next block.  Because the transactions nodes are known, this provides increased security, an estimated 90% of the NXT tokens must be controlled by one agent in order to compromise the network via a double-spend (e.g., 51% attack).19

I also corresponded with ‘Graviton’ who is the Nextcoin.org community founder.20 According to him, one of the motivations for why the core team decided to move beyond Bitcoin was, “there certainly seemed to be demand for a technically advanced cryptocurrency with a completely new codebase that puts away the requirement for energy expensive Proof-of-Work once and for all.  The environmentally green and attack resistant Proof-of-Stake algorithm, plus the important fact that NXT is not only a payment instrument but a new generation platform natively supporting a suite of services such as decentralized trading and encrypted messaging, seems to have filled gaps that were shining open wide with the existing old school cryptocurrencies.”

He is also looking forward to the deployment of a decentralized asset exchange as well as colored coin functionality on the NXT platform and believes that these will “become a popular standard for quite a bit of trading applications, for both – cryptocurrencies and assets denominated in them.  The rest of the industry will integrate seamlessly to that, so the distinctions between various crypto brands will start to dissipate.”  And like several other developers interviewed, “the killer app would be to have available the simplest possible means to pay for merchandise & services in fiat nomination but from one’s cryptocurrency wallet, to be able enjoy the fiat price appreciation with the same wallet, and to flip your wallet contents to another crypto with a push of a button.  Preferably on mobile.”
boenxia

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:13:04 AM

NXT is a good coin!

AimCoin: Azc1pquC4Vb4cUcequ1Tctfh31Uw7nk8fX || KTK: KL5px9bPrMv8rJ4vo3rotdq51QcuhN9CHC
CoolCoin-Free:  CVG5oiFQv8KxgEchnykB7JqAuP6XRmYMg4
FootBallCoin: Fe7ZQd6p7wTGyNSBwWGWbcpEQDGF5Fr6dZ
TheSmurfsCoin: TbVvNxWmKiGJeKU5mmKHcDS49yzxUjBC4g
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:22:36 AM

NXT is a good coin!
not just a coin,but a ecosystem.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
joefox

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 03:37:19 AM

To complement Damelon's thoughts, which I generally agree with, I like THESE options:

Bitcoin Magazine
http://btcmag.9wizards.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/BITCOIN-Pricing-List-Interactive-Issues-17-19_web.pdf
300x250 / 620x79: $200/month
In paper Magazine: $75-$450 (1/6 page - 1 page)

CoinMarketCap
728 x 90 Top Center animated, 100.000 impressions / $500 (cca 20 days?)

I hate these ones:

Paid Press releases:
Are always a bad idea, and we should never ever ever pay for a press release.  We should be building our own list of key contacts (with associated information about areas of interest/expertise) and then write our own targeted press releases for those folks.

... and finally...

Radio shows
https://www.freetalklive.com/advertise (Brian Sovryn:  "the largest bitcoin/cryptocurrency
audience in the world"): Radio :60s - $60
+ Advertising Online
I'd hold off on this one.  I believe someone is meeting up with his wife (AKA the Bitcoin Wife) at the Texas Bitcoin Conference.  It's also very likely that Brian will be there as well.  And I'm willing to bet that what the fine folks in Texas are going to do this weekend will make PAYING for exposure with them unnecessary.

IN OTHER NEWS

I'm trying to get things lined up for Toronto's Bitcoin Expo, and based on the discussion here I think my approach should be as follows:
- Attend the conference as a simple attendee
- Wear a Nxt t-shirt and carry business cards with Nxt client/faucet information on them
- Target specific attendees, as the folks attending the Texas Bitcoin Conference are doing, and aim to connect with as many individuals as possible

I still have not booked flights, conference passes, etc. as I need final confirmation that Nxt funds are available to help defray costs.  Edmonton and Toronto are 3500km apart (Canada is a big place) so travel is likely the biggest expense.  I'll also need a place to sleep for two nights Smiley

I'm kinda surprised there are not other Canucks around who may be able to join me... unless someone is just lurking and staying quiet?    It would be better to field a small team at the conference than to have one person go. 

I admin the Nxt Wiki at http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/ Please support my work by donating to Nxt account #1234567740944417915
tank

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:24:58 AM

Hey salsacz, We should be updating this thread with regular NXT promotional news. We should plan ahead of adding information regarding

1. an interview (report) with NXT representative at Bitcoin Miami conference 1/25-26.
    an interview with NXT representative at Bitcoin conferences at Berlin and Amsterdam (dates ?)
    an interview with NXT representative at Inside Bitcoin conference at New York in April

2. local promotional effort such as in German, Chinese etc. communities

3. your media campaign plan

4. other significant type of promotional events  

Especially point three and point four,it's very important Smiley

bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:31:27 AM

Just spoke to the film guy and the answer is an immediate "yes".

So we have a professional film maker to use at the conference. Smiley
Also good news, the videos this guy will produce will show the whole world (well,Youtube) how brilliant we are , again a good reason to invest the money. Whatever we put into the A'dam conference will be seen (and influence people) long after the conference is over.

I want a film of the whole event with focus on Nxt. I want it all Kiss
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:47:16 AM

well, well, well

http://www.ofnumbers.com/2014/03/04/chapter-3-next-generation-platforms/

NXT

Launched in late November 2013, NXT is a new cryptoplatform written entirely from scratch in Java.14 The platform has the ability to natively track “colored coins” – tokens that represent a specific asset based on their “color” (e.g., using a fraction of NXT to represent a car or house).  It also includes a decentralized asset exchange, which means you can buy and sell assets without going through a 3rd party.  For instance, one of the problems that impacts centralized exchanges and online stores today is that both your fiat and tokens are vulnerable to theft, hacking and other abuse.  In one notable instance, in December 2013, an online commerce site called Sheep Marketplace was hacked and 96,000 bitcoins were removed from its web-based wallet making it the largest known cryptoheist.15 This type of abuse is nearly impossible in a decentralized peer-to-peer exchange because there is no single centralized point of attack.16

In February 2014, I exchanged messages with “Uniqueorn,” contributor to the NXT development team.17  In his view, “the best way to compare NXT to the other cryptocurrencies is basically to not do it. NXT is not an altcoin at all.  While most of the cryptocoins being circulated are typically clones of the Bitcoin codebase with a few slight variations, very few of them bring anything new or substantial to cryptocurrency functionality.  On top of this is a built-in encrypted messaging system (like BitMessage) and anonymous payments (similar to Zerocoin) which adds an additional layer of privacy to protect confidential information and trade secrets.  Yet a lot of work still needs to be done both with our platform and the rest of the industry.  You cannot expect that your mother and father are going to sit down and understand this. For them it is supposed to be a tool to make their lives easier, not harder.”

Another key difference is that unlike Bitcoin and Litecoin which utilize proof-of-work mechanisms that scale in difficulty with network hashrate (i.e., additional hashrate added to a cryptoledger proportionally increases the block difficulty level); NXT instead utilizes something called ‘Forging,’ which is basically recirculation of NXT (Proof-of-Stake).18 “Uniqueorn” noted that, “proof-of-stake allows ‘miners’ to generate NXT without requiring the use of relatively large sums of electricity that other cryptocoin proof-of-work systems currently do.”  In other words, the barriers to entry are significantly lower as user does not need to utilize a top-of-the line ASIC machine which is discussed later in Chapter 7.  Therefore, a user can “forge” tokens on a smart phone, a solar powered Raspberry Pi, or a laptop computer.  In practice, an algorithm randomly picks one node to process all of the transactions and all other machines know this system is the sole transaction ‘forger’ – thus all other erroneous transactions can be discarded.  All machines participating in this ‘forging’ effort are rewarded according to the proportional amount of NXT they have; thus if you have 1% of the tokens you have a 1% chance of being selected to forge the next block.  Because the transactions nodes are known, this provides increased security, an estimated 90% of the NXT tokens must be controlled by one agent in order to compromise the network via a double-spend (e.g., 51% attack).19

I also corresponded with ‘Graviton’ who is the Nextcoin.org community founder.20 According to him, one of the motivations for why the core team decided to move beyond Bitcoin was, “there certainly seemed to be demand for a technically advanced cryptocurrency with a completely new codebase that puts away the requirement for energy expensive Proof-of-Work once and for all.  The environmentally green and attack resistant Proof-of-Stake algorithm, plus the important fact that NXT is not only a payment instrument but a new generation platform natively supporting a suite of services such as decentralized trading and encrypted messaging, seems to have filled gaps that were shining open wide with the existing old school cryptocurrencies.”

He is also looking forward to the deployment of a decentralized asset exchange as well as colored coin functionality on the NXT platform and believes that these will “become a popular standard for quite a bit of trading applications, for both – cryptocurrencies and assets denominated in them.  The rest of the industry will integrate seamlessly to that, so the distinctions between various crypto brands will start to dissipate.”  And like several other developers interviewed, “the killer app would be to have available the simplest possible means to pay for merchandise & services in fiat nomination but from one’s cryptocurrency wallet, to be able enjoy the fiat price appreciation with the same wallet, and to flip your wallet contents to another crypto with a push of a button.  Preferably on mobile.”

Yeah, the author is very thorough in his research.
I tried to obtain some comments by CfB and BCNext for his book, but they were just oneliners, and BCNext was basically joking, answering that for NXT adoption we would need the "church" to promote us. But at least we made it in the book
Damelon
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:40:06 AM

Guys,

I just talked to someone who went to the Tal Aviv Bitcoin Conference and talked to a few MAJOR cryptography professors.

These people basically waved him away, and don't take Nxt seriously because it hasn't got a white paper and no cryptographical PROOF of it's safety and protocols.

This is still a gap in our documentation that we have.

Normally I'd put this in the main thread, but I want to bring it up here, because this is álso marketing.

The simple question is: do we have any idea of how the audit is going, and if not, can we get it?
This falls, for me, under the heading of "product testing".

If we can get the stamp of approval from academics, this is a major boost. If we can be waved away because, realistically, we have an untested product (actual use doesn't count, it needs to be rigorous mathematical proof) which can be poo-pood at will.

Can I have your thoughts on this?

Edit: nice write up, Uniqueorn!

Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:47:10 AM

Guys,

I just talked to someone who went to the Tal Aviv Bitcoin Conference and talked to a few MAJOR cryptography professors.

These people basically waved him away, and don't take Nxt seriously because it hasn't got a white paper and no cryptographical PROOF of it's safety and protocols.

This is still a gap in our documentation that we have.

Normally I'd put this in the main thread, but I want to bring it up here, because this is álso marketing.

The simple question is: do we have any idea of how the audit is going, and if not, can we get it?
This falls, for me, under the heading of "product testing".

If we can get the stamp of approval from academics, this is a major boost. If we can be waved away because, realistically, we have an untested product (actual use doesn't count, it needs to be rigorous mathematical proof) which can be poo-pood at will.

Can I have your thoughts on this?

Edit: nice write up, Uniqueorn!

Currently: no.
In a Group Skype conversations this was brought up about a week ago and BCNext has basically abandoned NXT (as was part of his plan), so we are now in 100% control of NXT.
A whitepaper must be made by ourselves. Same with crypto-auditing, there is currently no math.

I also consider this one of the single most important thing we should get done quickly, together with getting more developers. NXT needs to have a robust core, if not then everything else we do will ultimately be useless.
Damelon
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:01:03 AM

In a Group Skype conversations this was brought up about a week ago and BCNext has basically abandoned NXT (as was part of his plan), so we are now in 100% control of NXT.
A whitepaper must be made by ourselves. Same with crypto-auditing, there is currently no math.

I also consider this one of the single most important thing we should get done quickly, together with getting more developers. NXT needs to have a robust core, if not then everything else we do will ultimately be useless.

Then let's get on this.
We still need that audit and a white paper.
Do we have *any* contacts that we can use for this?
Who from the developers could have contacts.

I'd hate for this to get washed away in the main thread again, so maybe we can talk to select people on PM for this, to make a more concentrated effort?

At this point, it's very important, because now we always have the risk of someone pointing out that we may have working client and system, but basically no *proof* it is safe.

Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:03:57 AM

Then let's get on this.
We still need that audit and a white paper.
Do we have *any* contacts that we can use for this?
Who from the developers could have contacts.

I'd hate for this to get washed away in the main thread again, so maybe we can talk to select people on PM for this, to make a more concentrated effort?

At this point, it's very important, because now we always have the risk of someone pointing out that we may have working client and system, but basically no *proof* it is safe.

I agree. PM me your skype and I'll add you to the group.
Emule

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:31:13 AM

Yeah, the author is very thorough in his research.
I tried to obtain some comments by CfB and BCNext for his book, but they were just oneliners, and BCNext was basically joking, answering that for NXT adoption we would need the "church" to promote us. But at least we made it in the book

cfb ir right, he is not stupide you know, church must promote us.

you can read that two ways.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: