Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:46:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nxt marketing & promotion :: Nxt forum now moved to nxtforums.org  (Read 77972 times)
salsacz (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:56:27 AM

http://www.dcmagnates.com/nxt-exchange-dgex-scraps-fees/
mikesbmw

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:13:04 AM

In a Group Skype conversations this was brought up about a week ago and BCNext has basically abandoned NXT (as was part of his plan), so we are now in 100% control of NXT.

Hmmm, feels a bit weird to be reading this "announcement" in a marketing thread...
I was always under the impression that CfB and BCNext were going to leave on the 1th of April.

Kinda big deal (for me it is anyway).

NXT: Next Generation of Cryptocurrency http://nxtcrypto.org
NEM:New Economy Movement http://www.ournem.com/
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:16:14 AM

In a Group Skype conversations this was brought up about a week ago and BCNext has basically abandoned NXT (as was part of his plan), so we are now in 100% control of NXT.

Hmmm, feels a bit weird to be reading this "announcement" in a marketing thread...
I was always under the impression that CfB and BCNext were going to leave on the 1th of April.

Kinda a big deal (for me it is anyway).

Nonsense.

- BCNext finished his developing work on Nxt
- He is not abandoning Nxt
- He needs Nxt for other projects
mikesbmw

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:35:48 AM

Nonsense.

Is this a response to me or Uniqueorn?

bitcoinpaul

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:48:02 AM

To the words Grin
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

NXT.org

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:49:32 AM

Nonsense.

That's not what he told me nor what CfB told us, but hey if there has been a misunderstanding and you have more info, feel free to share it.
For him NXT is a experiment that will either succeed or fail and he has moved onto another part of a "bigger experiment". NXT is now in our domain.
bitcoinpaul

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:59:44 AM

That's not what he told me nor what CfB told us, but hey if there has been a misunderstanding and you have more info, feel free to share it.
For him NXT is a experiment that will either succeed or fail and he has moved onto another part of a "bigger experiment". NXT is now in our domain.

The difference is that I claim he needs Nxt for his next project, hence the wording ("abandoned") is wrong.
mikesbmw

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:02:35 PM

Nonsense.

Yeah, the info is all in the main thread, somewhere  Grin
CfB told us that he will be leaving April 1th and that BCNext would also gradually stop being involved. I read that CfB still discusses with BCNext, so I was assuming the rest. (which is the mother of....)

Can't speak for the rest, but I think there are a lot of people who are under the impression that he is still active and that the "handover" will take place April 1th.

But all of this is very off topic for the marketing thread.

Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:16:34 PM

The difference is that I claim he needs Nxt for his next project, hence the wording ("abandoned") is wrong.

Semantics... He is no longer coding on NXT. No longer communicating with any NXTer (not even CfB). He has handed over the keys to his plans to CfB which will be revealed on April 4th.
But for all intents and purposes: BCNext has abandoned NXT. None of us know what his "bigger plans" are, so your CLAIM is nothing but pure conjecture and so my statement is true from all confirmed angles.

Could it be that his next project involves NXT ? Potentially, but as far as I know: no clear indication for this.
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:44:36 PM

I gave an Irish guy who goes to Bitcoin meets 500 Nxt to basically have some pints and get his mates interested: https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,4272.msg40157.html#new

Turns out to be an event via meetup.com: http://www.meetup.com/Bitcoin-Dublin/events/166782462/

As you can see, a speaker will talk about colored coins, so I just explained the AE to him, which he didn't know even existed!

Small things lead to larger things.

I just checked and there is also a large group (260 people) here in Amsterdam that meets every first Wednesday: http://www.meetup.com/BitcoinWednesday/events/153350102/

Alas, I cannot make it tonight, but next month I will plan on making it. EvilDave might want to join me Smiley

Maybe other people can check out their places of residence and go. Not just for work, but also because of fun!

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:14:30 PM

exactly, this is our duty, not only to attend these local meetings, but also to make and organize your own lectures, workshops and conferences about Nxt in your country
CoinTropolis_JustaBitTime

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:54:03 PM

BTC38 is asking about which coin to add next on their exchange. Please take a few minutes to let them know about Nxt:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=501963.msg5525645#msg5525645
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:06:29 PM

On the BCNext/CfB issue: we're big boys and girls now.
The NXT community has taken the initial building block that BCNext gave us and built it up (with help from BCNext/CfB) into somethng very much larger, which has taken on a lfe of its own.
We shouldn't need much help from here on out, and remember: No gods, no kings....

Anyhow, back to conferences.

Spoke to the Bitcoinfoundation conference team and booked our 'contributing sponsor' slot (ie stand + 1 person + promotion) for a grand total of € 1500, which is around 40000 NXT right now.
They'll be sending me an invoice in the next couple of days, payment within 2-3 weeks, in fiat or (my preference) BTC.
(I should point here that I'm registered as a business here in NL, so I may be able to get the sales tax refunded on any costs we make in connection with the conference.)

Couple of points: I've stressed that we need a stand with some form of sunlight for the RaspPiSolar, the conference people (who are, so far, totally interested in NXT, btw) think it's a brilliant idea and are going to help as much as possible with stand placement.
Apparently the entire crypto world is going to be attending, this is shaping up to be the biggest BTC conference ever organised (according to the over-worked organisers):

We need some headliners from NXT and we need serious budget. The way things are going with NXT progress, this could be one of the events that will push NXT into the really big time.

We will also need some definitive, high-quality logo designs soon, to pass on to the BTC conference team to be included in their conference promo material.

TL:DR:
Booked stand, need money + speakers + logos.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:35:16 PM

Couple of points: I've stressed that we need a stand with some form of sunlight for the RaspPiSolar, the conference people (who are, so far, totally interested in NXT, btw) think it's a brilliant idea and are going to help as much as possible with stand placement.
Apparently the entire crypto world is going to be attending, this is shaping up to be the biggest BTC conference ever organised (according to the over-worked organisers):

The solarPI is great, but will anything be forged in the demonstration? ;P must be a fat wallet
bitcoinpaul

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:52:34 PM

Could it be that his next project involves NXT ? Potentially, but as far as I know: no clear indication for this.

I heard other mysterious whisperings...  Shocked
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:53:36 PM

The solarPI is great, but will anything be forged in the demonstration? ;P must be a fat wallet
Good point....need access to very fat wallet. Would any whales be willing to step up and give us access for forging ?
Maybe the unclaimed coins ? Promise not to run off to Costa Rica as soon as the conference ends.  Grin

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
bitcoinpaul

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:17:07 PM

Good point....need access to very fat wallet. Would any whales be willing to step up and give us access for forging ?
Maybe the unclaimed coins ? Promise not to run off to Costa Rica as soon as the conference ends.  Grin

What happens if you don't forge a cent with a big wallet? They laugh. Maybe play the "it's not about mining/forging" card and watch how the crowd reacts.
salsacz (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:27:20 PM

genesis acc should be enough
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:31:05 PM

genesis acc should be enough

Won't that turn the raspi into a black hole and swallow us all?

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
NxtMinnow

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:31:18 PM

What happens if you don't forge a cent with a big wallet? They laugh. Maybe play the "it's not about mining/forging" card and watch how the crowd reacts.

Mining does not equal forging.  I could be pool mining some pump and dump alt right now, but it is not even worth the time to compete with the mindless mining masses.  Instead I am forging on the Nxt network, helping secure the Nxt network.  

Also, it took a few minutes to download, sync, and verify the entire Nxt blockchain.  Try doing that with the bloated 16GB Bitcoin blockchain.

The main features of the Nxt cryptocurrency ecosystem should be emphasized with the Raspi display.  Generate Authentication Tokens, Demonstrate the Asset Exchange System, Send an Arbitrary Message, Explain Transparent Forging, etc.

The Nxt raspi is not a Mining Rig.  "But it also functions as a space heater the miners claim! I heat my home with it!"

The Nxt network is sustainable, and future proof.  No other cryptocurrency is.  Forget about trying to appeal to the miners with their space heater mentality.  Nxt has a lean code base, fast transactions times, is scalable, and most importantly; the Nxt cryptocurrency is a vibrant and rapidly developing community.

NxtMinnow
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: