Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:24:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the chances BTC is replaced by something better soon?  (Read 18606 times)
Mr. Perfect

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:39:11 PM

There may be an attempt by the US government or some entity to create a coin like Bitcoin but is easier to regulate and track. of course I am certain this would be lobbied against by credit card companies and banks because they make fortunes off fees when they transfer money and a Bitcoin like coin supported by governments that would make transactions cheap and efficient

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
semar nyengir

Activity: 113

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:45:12 PM

I think this bitcoin will not be replaced by other things I'm sure bitcoin will remain popular in the world. because bitcoin itself has benefited many people of this world. and bitcoin is made very well and not carelessly. if there are any favorable things like bitcoin I'm sure bitcoin will still be popular in the world of crypto.
KID_28

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:11:31 PM

Not soon i think. For other countries it just started its popularity and people still learns about bitcoin before looking at the other currencies present in the market. I think more people have more security and rely more on the potentila of bitcoin.
inv_ker

Activity: 144
Merit: 30

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:23:15 PM

"Soon" would be in the next 1-3 years or so.

One of the biggest dangers for BTC is something more useful coming along and investors switching - a process which could happen extremely fast, once started.

So to all the tech savy people in here - what advantages could other cryptocurrencies bring that will give them a crucial edge over BTC, and how fast could something like that come along?

Nothing is impossible. Just like what they say, one day you are on top and the other day you are on the bottom. But i still believe that bitcoin is the leading. So chances of it to be ovecome by other is too low.
altcoinhunter01

Activity: 840
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 01:33:38 PM

I don't agree with this that some altcoin can replace bitcoin because no altcoin have price near to it and also not happen this in near future. There is a huge price gap between bitcoin and top priced altcoin and this gap is widening day by day rather then decreasing.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
headache1327

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:30:59 PM

Every time there is always change, and we must be ready to accept the change, whenever there is always a chance to replace bitcoin with better coins, and whatever happens most important is that we always get benefit.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 06:54:30 AM

Bitcoin has not actually been used massively as a means of payment. It was almost immediately used for accumulation as a means of accumulating value. This sharply increased its price, however it complicated the process of legalizing both bitcoins and all the crypto-currency from the states. In general, bitcoin was not very successfully used as a crypto currency. This was hampered by ordinary human greed. Therefore, it is quite possible that new players and new coins will appear on the crypto-currency market. The Crypto currency has just begun to develop.
masonmason

Activity: 76

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 09:34:48 AM

I think potential candidates are Litecoin, and the alts out there have already been established for some time; so it is by no means clear how it would play out.
Adamant06

Activity: 161
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 09:52:05 AM

Every time there is always change, and we must be ready to accept the change, whenever there is always a chance to replace bitcoin with better coins, and whatever happens most important is that we always get benefit.
Chances are always there i think, and yes i agree on that whenever there is a chance to replace bitcoin with better coins we should always have the opportunity to benefit on it. For some reason i don't feel bad if there is no coin can replace bitcoin.Bitcoin alone is great and i believe on it.
Baronggot

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 10:24:51 AM

One of the biggest dangers for BTC is something more useful coming along and investors switching - a process which could happen extremely fast, once started.

So to all the tech savy people in here - what advantages could other cryptocurrencies bring that will give them a crucial edge over BTC, and how fast could something like that come along?

They have to beat bitcoin's attributes before that could ever happen. I don't even think that replacing bitcoin is as easy than what we think because bitcoin is built through the years since it was launched a couple of years ago. A new cryptocurrency will probably take bitcoin's place if and only if bitcoin doesn't exists anymore, IMO.

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 01:02:56 PM

Chances are always there i think, and yes i agree on that whenever there is a chance to replace bitcoin with better coins we should always have the opportunity to benefit on it. For some reason i don't feel bad if there is no coin can replace bitcoin.Bitcoin alone is great and i believe on it.

Though i don't see that happening any time soon. No one bats an eye when an alt drops in value significantly even ethereum, but if btc drops, thr market goes crazy. There may not be an alt yet to generate a major effect on the market like btc yet

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
cryptoblue77

Activity: 472
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 01:21:06 PM

At present, there is no coin which is better than bitcoin, so there is no chance it will be replaced by something better. Although, some altcoins have got the potential to beat bitcoin sometime in future.

Aing

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 01:34:34 PM

This thread has been around since 2014, and it's asking if anyone can exceed the bitcoin. And now it has been proven that in 4 years no coin has been able to do that yet. Maybe in the next few years it will be the same. Bitcoin will remain the most favored.
MrCrank

Activity: 1336
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 01:46:20 PM

This message has been posted at 2014 year.
no one can change it in 4 years.
But this question is actual now Smiley
ronnis.gomes

Activity: 518
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:08:56 PM

In the short or medium term I find it virtually impossible for this change to occur. And I have serious doubts if this can happen in the long run. Bitcoin will have a long reign ahead.
Nurul_

Activity: 181
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:11:25 PM

therefore I always have an opinion If bitcon will continue to be a leader in every cryiptocurrency market. if bitcoin can be replaced with other coin surely it will take a long time and long process .

DABANKING  - The Decentralized Gaming Platform
▸ Minning DAA Token NOW, Earn ETH Lifetime!◂
dekafee79

Activity: 150

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:19:07 PM

I currently assume it does not exist yet. However, these developments move quickly, everything can happen. Lets see.
Ryker1

Activity: 1918
Merit: 442

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 03:02:30 PM

This thread has been around since 2014, and it's asking if anyone can exceed the bitcoin. And now it has been proven that in 4 years no coin has been able to do that yet. Maybe in the next few years it will be the same. Bitcoin will remain the most favored.
I agree, it's proved that bitcoin is the dominant coin in the crypto world. And I agree that bitcoin will always be at the top in the crypto world. In my opinion, bitcoin will always be at the top even though its price becomes low, because it affects other coins when its price goes low. That's why I can say that it will always be the number 1 coin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
damort

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 03:14:34 PM

There are many altcoins right now. So I do not doubt that bitcoins will be threatened with their position. But somehow, there is still some coins cooperated with bitcoins and together develop. As I know, it's ANONYMOUS Bitcoin aka. ANON. It has a potential future with a potential hardfork with BTC and ZCL conducting from 10 September this year. During the fork, the Zclassic and Bitcoin Holders will receive Anonymous Bitcoin tokens in a 1: 1 ratio. This is a change for anyone who loses faith with BTC to exchange to ANON to keep their money. You can see it here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3822523

BTC is still the king of coins. Many followers raised but bitcoins is still the pioneer of this business. With high respect!!!  Smiley
dhanushilakshani

Activity: 177
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 03:15:36 PM

Anyway one thing that stresses me however is the way that Satoshi didn't legitimately anticipate the mining procedure turning into a weapons contest where just the rich and great diggers can take an interest. Revise me in case I'm wrong yet the entire mining process should be something that everybody could take part in making it a genuine P2P organize. So now that mining has turned out to be distant for the normal individual, how can it (or will it) change the vision of bitcoin? Will this prompt future issues that were not imagined previously? Is this a sign that different issues can happen that have not been however of before because of new innovation?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: