Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:53:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will BTC be at least $1000 USD before 2015?
Yes!   - 77 (21.8%)
No. - 188 (53.3%)
I like bacon.   - 88 (24.9%)
Total Voters: 353

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: PB Mining -- 5 year mining contracts!  (Read 378869 times)
RyanK
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:45:07 PM

Is it really sold out again?  I thought it would last much longer this time since its up to 14.4 TH/s

PBmining (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 05:15:45 PM

Is it really sold out again?  I thought it would last much longer this time since its up to 14.4 TH/s

We cut it off ~1 TH/s shy of 14.4 because last time a few orders spit through after we closed it.  We had to issue refunds.  This time we gave ourselves a little headroom.

Did you know?: Most of our hash power comes from other sources.  We are now specialized in the resale of cloudmining contracts through our associates!
PBmining (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 07:34:06 PM

WARNING.  

Someone is attempting the old e-mail phishing scam with our customers.  Please keep in mind that:

1. We will NEVER offer any of our customers "special proposals" through E-mail.  
2. We will NEVER ask for Bitcoins from you in an E-mail message.  Only the order page is used for that.

Any losses suffered from becoming victim to this scam will not be compensated.

DON'T EVER TRUST ANYONE THROUGH E-MAIL.  They can even fake their e-mail address to make it look like admin@pbmining.com

The only purpose of our e-mail address is to offer technical support.  Nothing more.

Did you know?: Most of our hash power comes from other sources.  We are now specialized in the resale of cloudmining contracts through our associates!
BitTheCoin

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 08:01:48 PM

Any idea when contracts will be available to purchase again?
dave3k

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

Realbitcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 08:07:40 PM

DON'T EVER TRUST ANYONE THROUGH E-MAIL.

Good advice, you can never trust where an email come from.

Realbitcoin.info
alohabtc

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:15:07 PM

We cut it off ~1 TH/s shy of 14.4 because last time a few orders spit through after we closed it.  We had to issue refunds.  This time we gave ourselves a little headroom.

Good idea!  I like the way you fix problems... 
PBmining (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 10:58:09 PM

Good idea!  I like the way you fix problems... 

The ideal way would of actually been to just limit it in the web site logic itself, but we are just too busy for that right now  Smiley

BitBoy900

Activity: 54

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 11:42:38 PM

When will more gh/s be available?

BTCBTC
michaelhampton2

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:11:14 AM

Sorry you feel that way.   Ponzi schemes result in people going to jail.  That's why I mentioned them.

You're still evasive about giving any indicators there actually is a farm.

- No contact information on the website other than an e-mail
- No company information on the website
- Domain registered using anonymous registration
- Payouts based on a formula instead of actual blocks mined
- No listing or hashes provided of blocks mined

I have made an honest effort to find some identifying information to support the legitimacy of this company, yet I couldn't find any.
Can you see why I wanted some more information? And yet all I've got is defensive replies and the suggestion to get law enforcement involved.

I may have had doubts this was shady, but least now I know it's shady.

+1

Pbmining, can you please answer the above questions. Many of us have been scammed in the past, as you may understand it by now.
stoney2222

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:21:25 AM

This is my first actual post I have been a lurker on this forum for about a month.

I want to be another one of the skeptics for the validity of PBmining. I was just about to pull the trigger on buying some contracts until I read all the way through this thread and my too good to be true alarm went off.

user:ghur is one of the few asking appropriate and reasonable questions that any reputable company could answer in less time than the 2-3 posts user:pbmining made to refute those accusations.  However if they can provide the answers to the reasonable questions then lets hear them. Lets have other users like myself and ghur demand those answers and if they still cannot provide that info then they are indeed a fraud and everyone should warn others.

PAYOUTS ARE NOT PROOF! Being cordial on this forum is not proof! The proof is in the blocks.

Another especially interesting thing is they are currently sold out but that 14.4 TH/s number has remained constant on their site. If they did sellout and were somehow able to provide more hashing in a short period of time, then that would be yet another sign of the falsehood as no one seems to be able to create large amounts of hashing right now.

Another thing that bothers me is the amount of power that 1 GH/s hashing would use over 5 years as well as maintenance costs. Power isn't free and the graphics cards cannot run 24/7 for 5 years straight and not break. My conservative estimates for these items puts this far over the costs of acquiring the hash at the current price let alone the purchase of the equipment itself and leaving room for profit for pbmining as a company. I have no account so I do not know if they account for this by subtracting BTC from your payout like cex.io does if they do then excuse the above statements.

I am very interested in mining as all are, but there does not seem to be a profitable way to do it unless you believe the value of the underlying commodity BTC will rise in step with the difficulty increases. I keep searching for companies providing real hashing contracts at prices that will allow for profit but the only ones I find have the following:

- A Newly registered domain name that is privately registered
- No Way of contacting a real person
- No Actual Partnerships with Hardware Manufacturers or way of proving how they are mining
- Claims of using Hardware that hasn't been released yet
- Incredibly simple websites that take less than 1 day to make (I am a web designer)
- Stock Photos of rows of servers
- Weird and unprofessional language used when speaking to salespeople
- Refusal to show relevant already public links to their block chain info

So I just don't see a way to mine right now and I am pretty much giving up on the idea. Just as in 1849 the main way to make money in mining is to sell shovels.
PBmining (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 04:22:11 AM

Providing for our current customers is key priority, not gaining new sign-ups.  If you think we are shady, then don't bother.  Any new bitcoin mining company who provides all the information you are asking for is just asking for trouble.  No thanks.  Scam accusations are welcome, but we will continue to provide our service to our customers as we have been.  I won't address this issue any longer because this will be a losing battle no matter what I say.  Thanks.  

ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:23:58 AM

Sorry you feel that way.   Ponzi schemes result in people going to jail.  That's why I mentioned them.

You're still evasive about giving any indicators there actually is a farm.

- No contact information on the website other than an e-mail
- No company information on the website
- Domain registered using anonymous registration
- Payouts based on a formula instead of actual blocks mined
- No listing or hashes provided of blocks mined

I have made an honest effort to find some identifying information to support the legitimacy of this company, yet I couldn't find any.
Can you see why I wanted some more information? And yet all I've got is defensive replies and the suggestion to get law enforcement involved.

I may have had doubts this was shady, but least now I know it's shady.

+1

Pbmining, can you please answer the above questions. Many of us have been scammed in the past, as you may understand it by now.

Read this message https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=418183.msg5040198#msg5040198
The image is no longer available but I saw it back when it was posted and it was legitimate. As for legit so far it seems perfectly fine. They reply fast and I am one of the first 30 to sign up and have had no problems
BitBoy900

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 05:05:48 AM

This is my first actual post I have been a lurker on this forum for about a month.

I want to be another one of the skeptics for the validity of PBmining. I was just about to pull the trigger on buying some contracts until I read all the way through this thread and my too good to be true alarm went off.

user:ghur is one of the few asking appropriate and reasonable questions that any reputable company could answer in less time than the 2-3 posts user:pbmining made to refute those accusations.  However if they can provide the answers to the reasonable questions then lets hear them. Lets have other users like myself and ghur demand those answers and if they still cannot provide that info then they are indeed a fraud and everyone should warn others.

PAYOUTS ARE NOT PROOF! Being cordial on this forum is not proof! The proof is in the blocks.

Another especially interesting thing is they are currently sold out but that 14.4 TH/s number has remained constant on their site. If they did sellout and were somehow able to provide more hashing in a short period of time, then that would be yet another sign of the falsehood as no one seems to be able to create large amounts of hashing right now.

Another thing that bothers me is the amount of power that 1 GH/s hashing would use over 5 years as well as maintenance costs. Power isn't free and the graphics cards cannot run 24/7 for 5 years straight and not break. My conservative estimates for these items puts this far over the costs of acquiring the hash at the current price let alone the purchase of the equipment itself and leaving room for profit for pbmining as a company. I have no account so I do not know if they account for this by subtracting BTC from your payout like cex.io does if they do then excuse the above statements.

I am very interested in mining as all are, but there does not seem to be a profitable way to do it unless you believe the value of the underlying commodity BTC will rise in step with the difficulty increases. I keep searching for companies providing real hashing contracts at prices that will allow for profit but the only ones I find have the following:

- A Newly registered domain name that is privately registered
- No Way of contacting a real person
- No Actual Partnerships with Hardware Manufacturers or way of proving how they are mining
- Claims of using Hardware that hasn't been released yet
- Incredibly simple websites that take less than 1 day to make (I am a web designer)
- Stock Photos of rows of servers
- Weird and unprofessional language used when speaking to salespeople
- Refusal to show relevant already public links to their block chain info

So I just don't see a way to mine right now and I am pretty much giving up on the idea. Just as in 1849 the main way to make money in mining is to sell shovels.

PB is legit they do, do business and they do payout every week. I received my payout and get answers when I need them. My saying is only invest if you can afford it. If you're scared to lose money don't invest.
BitBoy900

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 05:09:29 AM

The best thing to do is start small and wait and see if you get a payout otherwise buy your own equipment.
I was so skeptic about PB myself but the only way to find out is to try it and see.

BTCBTC
RyanK
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:04:30 AM

The best thing to do is start small and wait and see if you get a payout otherwise buy your own equipment.
I was so skeptic about PB myself but the only way to find out is to try it and see.

BTCBTC

+1

BitChrisUK

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:44:47 AM

People want more and more information about companies, but the beauty of bitcoin is the anonymity of the transactions - i'm almost certain that companies also appreciate this characteristic.
RyanK
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:48:14 AM

This may have been covered before, but is there any way to send out one payment per customer on Sundays instead of separate payments for each chunk of GH/s we have accumulated.  With referrals sometimes the amount of GH/s is as small as 0.1 and this will not be large enough to pay out on a weekly basis by itself...

jseppeli

Activity: 430
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:34:33 AM

This may have been covered before, but is there any way to send out one payment per customer on Sundays instead of separate payments for each chunk of GH/s we have accumulated.  With referrals sometimes the amount of GH/s is as small as 0.1 and this will not be large enough to pay out on a weekly basis by itself...

+1
Darkwinde

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:36:49 AM

Got scammed by Minershare.net
> invested small amount (2GH/s) weeks ago
> got paied out reliable
> so increased the share amount a bit
...let see the service works

jseppeli

Activity: 430

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:16:39 AM

Got scammed by Minershare.net
> invested small amount (2GH/s) weeks ago
> got paied out reliable
> so increased the share amount a bit
...let see the service works

paid 4 times. first bought 10GHs and now I have bought total of 200GHs and some refferals.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: