Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:42:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: please delete  (Read 6990 times)
vintagetrex (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:51:59 AM

Not sure how the zeroes come into it, that sounds like an attempt to do some kind of proof of work rather than proof of storage.

Who enquires of each purported storage node or device as to whether it still is storing what it purported to store, and how is consensus achieved regarding any claims as to whether or not any particular node is in fact still storing, and, probably more importantly, is still delivering upon demand, the material it purported to store?

All your "explanation" seems to say is once upon a time the node had the data, then it wasted time/energy doing a proof of work type hash looking for zeroes.

It says nothing about proving, 24/7, that the node still has the data nor that it is delivering it on demand at reasonable speed to anyone or everyone who requests it.

-MarkM-

exactly, the storage is proved over a period of work.  The text is randomized with encryption to prevent an attack. 
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:55:24 AM

If this project had any merit or actual potential, they would not be on bitcointalk for an IPO investment. Specifically in alternative coins sections, because this has nothing to do with alt-coins.

Don't waste your money on a bunch of kids that are studying 24/7. This is a side-project at most.

I'm doing school part time this semester.  This will not be a side project.  I will work on it constantly, even in my sleep. 
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 02:59:43 AM

If this project had any merit or actual potential, they would not be on bitcointalk for an IPO investment. Specifically in alternative coins sections, because this has nothing to do with alt-coins.

Don't waste your money on a bunch of kids that are studying 24/7. This is a side-project at most.

I'm doing school part time this semester.  This will not be a side project.  I will work on it constantly, even in my sleep.  

key word "will not."

I invest in people who are focused only on accelerating their product or whatever to the next level and not anything else that will hinter them from doing so.  

I will consider taking a risk on this project, because it intrigues me.

At this very moment, this is not a company that has proven the need for the product or even a small niche.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 03:05:14 AM

So delivery of the file on demand is neither tested nor proven?

Who gets to demand the node provide a new proof of work?

Who selects the purportedly "random" string the node is asked to use along with the file to prove it has the file?

What effect does the slowness or speed or failure etc of delivery of the file to end users have on all of that?

What measures are in place to prevent e.g. a botnet from flooding a node with demands for proof of storage of some file or other?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:05:26 AM

I'm doing school part time this semester.  This will not be a side project.  I will work on it constantly, even in my sleep.  

key word "will not."

I invest in people who are focused only on accelerating their product or whatever to the next level and not anything else that will hinter them from doing so.  

I will consider taking a risk on this project, because it intrigues me.

At this very moment, this is not a company that has proven the need for the product or even a small niche.

Haha fair enough.  For 1 BTC you can get 3%.  Hurry it might not last long.  
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:19:40 AM

So delivery of the file on demand is neither tested nor proven?

Who gets to demand the node provide a new proof of work?

Who selects the purportedly "random" string the node is asked to use along with the file to prove it has the file?

What effect does the slowness or speed or failure etc of delivery of the file to end users have on all of that?

What measures are in place to prevent e.g. a botnet from flooding a node with demands for proof of storage of some file or other?

-MarkM-

The nodes are in constant competition to prove their storage (based on an arrangement of proof of work similar to Bitcoin).  If they do not provide their own proof they do not collect the reward.  Nobody demands they do anything, they chose to do it for the reward. 

The node choses its own string randomly.  At best it can guess to solve the proof.  This is a property of crypto hash functions.  It cannot cheat by using a non random string because it cannot know what string to use to solve the proof. 

Say the block time is 1 minute.  The files are broadcast every minute.  Also, keep in mind a website will be built to serve as a portal to all this information, similar to http://www.chainbrowser.com/datacoin/files/ for datacoin.  Popular files will probably be stored for constant access by users, unpopular files you might still have to wait.  Without a website or something else performing this service, users might have to wait until a new block is found to get the files they want. 

Since this isn't the proof of storage proposed in the paper, it isn't based on producing the correct hash of a challenge string with your segments of the stored file.  People are not requesting proofs of storage.  The miners are in a competition to prove their own storage in order to collect a reward. 

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 03:27:22 AM

So who checks their storage?

What happens if they publish a hash they claim is the hash of Tomb Raiders and it turns out not to be?

How often is that checked? How does the network reach consensus if someone claims the hash provided is not in fact the hash of the file it purports to be a hash of?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:30:25 AM

So who checks their storage?

What happens if they publish a hash they claim is the hash of Tomb Raiders and it turns out not to be?

How often is that checked? How does the network reach consensus if someone claims the hash provided is not in fact the hash of the file it purports to be a hash of?

-MarkM-

the network checks their storage.  They can do this because they are already storing the file.  Also, it is very easy to check the storage because all it takes is a single hash: hash the file with the proof string and check that the output satisfies the requirement of zeros. 
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 03:31:54 AM

Okay so if my node does that, and notices that the node it demanded that proof from is lying, what then?

Who does my node report it to?

Does it broadcast to all the network a claim that the other node is lying?

What prevents my node making such broadcasts as an attack?

So far you do not seem to have solved any of the fundamental problems that have been discussed to death, you are just asking for money like any other bullshit scammer who has no actual solutions to offer.

-MarkM-

kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:47:28 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 04:19:19 AM by kalus

right now its a provisional for utility patent.  It was filed around 7 months ago.  

edit: you file the provisional to show you had the idea and get a spot in line, then you develop the product more before filing the full patent.  You do this so your patent will be better and you can work out design flaws etc before filing the patent.  
i am aware of the patent process having developed several utility patents myself; if filed 7 months ago, the provisional application has 5 months remaining.  did you obtain the patent number?  Provisional rights can only be asserted if the provisional is published.  

Yes, I obtained a patent filing number from the USPTO in an off white envelope.  I also published.  Seriously tho, y'all should worry less about the IP. This is a file sharing corporation.  

I am a prospective investor, so please do not arrogantly presume what i should worry about, and not worry about.  Please provide the Provisional Utility Patent number to show you're not blowing sunshine up everyone's ass.  

you claim to have published, so you've revealed your patent in the public record.

As markm stated you have not presented any information that shows you have anything novel, or solved any problem in a way that has already been done better. why don't i invest in some other 'file sharing corporation' e.g. one that is already established and profitable?  As an investor, the only thing you could present to me as novel would be enclosed in a defensible patent.  the only thing of possible value you've brought here is the patent. If i do invest, it will be in the strength of that patent.

Lastly, please note if you are falsely claiming patent status, you may be in contravention of 35 U.S.C. § 292 - "False marking.", and could be fined $500 for every occurrence of a false claim.  anybody that invests with you can also be fined and sued for that claim.  

http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/pac/mpep/mpep-9015-appx-l.html#d0e306213

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:25:58 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2014, 04:21:39 AM by vintagetrex

right now its a provisional for utility patent.  It was filed around 7 months ago.  

edit: you file the provisional to show you had the idea and get a spot in line, then you develop the product more before filing the full patent.  You do this so your patent will be better and you can work out design flaws etc before filing the patent.  
i am aware of the patent process having developed several utility patents myself; if filed 7 months ago, the provisional application has 5 months remaining.  did you obtain the patent number?  Provisional rights can only be asserted if the provisional is published.  

Yes, I obtained a patent filing number from the USPTO in an off white envelope.  I also published.  Seriously tho, y'all should worry less about the IP. This is a file sharing corporation.  

I am a prospective investor, so please do not arrogantly presume what i should worry about, and not worry about.  Please provide the Provisional Utility Patent number to show you're not blowing sunshine up everyone's ass.  

you claim to have published, so you've revealed your patent in the public record.

As markm stated you have not presented any information that shows you have anything novel, or solved any problem in a way that has already been done better. why don't i invest in some other 'file sharing corporation' e.g. one that is already established and profitable?  As an investor, the only thing you could present to me as novel would be enclosed in a defensible patent.  the only thing of possible value you've brought here is the patent. If i do invest, it will be in the strength of that patent.

Lastly, please note if you are falsely claiming patent status, you may be in contravention of 35 U.S.C. § 292 - "False marking.", and could be fined $500 for every occurrence of a false claim.  anybody that invests with you can also be fined and sued for that claim.  

http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/pac/mpep/mpep-9015-appx-l.html#d0e306213

Considering my invention is designed to replace copyrights, pay employees to open source their employer's trade secrets online, and allow micro factories to anonymously manufacture files off the web, I think false marking is the least of my concerns at the moment.

You do bring up a good point.  I would recommend investing anonymously.  
kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:30:18 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 04:43:00 AM by kalus

I have filed a provisional patent for a utility patent on an open source intellectual property system.  It is sitting in my dorm room 300 miles away.  

that's ok:  point us to the patent on the USPTO.gov website.  you do not need the patent number:  you can search with the keywords you provided the USPTO in your application.  

I would be doing this anonymously if it weren't for the fact that my name is on the provisional patent.  
You cannot simultaneously claim public protection from a utility patent and claim trade secret status.  it is one or the other.

you previously claimed to have posted your student ID and your driver's license.  you should have no problems with your name on a patent. 

Considering my invention is designed to replace copyrights, pay employees to open source their employer's trade secrets online, and allow micro factories to anonymously manufacture files off the web, I think false marking is the least of my concerns at the moment.
If you think that violating federal laws is not a concern, then this is a big sign that everyone should stay as far away from this 'IPO' as possible until you provide us with the legal documentation.  

thecoinjournal

Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 04:32:03 AM

How to prove that this is not a scam?

You cannot.

vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:41:56 AM

I have filed a provisional patent for a utility patent on an open source intellectual property system.  It is sitting in my dorm room 300 miles away.  

that's ok:  point us to the patent on the USPTO.gov website.  you do not need the patent number:  you can search with the keywords you provided the USPTO in your application.  

I would be doing this anonymously if it weren't for the fact that my name is on the provisional patent.  
You cannot simultaneously claim public protection from a utility patent and claim trade secret status.  it is one or the other.

If you think that violating federal laws is not a concern, then this is a big sign that everyone should stay as far away from this 'IPO' as possible until you provide us with the legal documentation.  

1. No you cannot search on provisional patents

2. Thats not what I meant.  Obviously I would prefer to be anonymous while developing this because I do not want to be persecuted by the federal government for making innovations that limit their size.  I can't exactly hide from that persecution or say "it wasn't me" when my name is on a provisional patent mailed to them. 

3. Of course we will comply with all federal regulations. 

You seem like a good investor.  You are aggressive and focused with your judgement.  Its good that you can smell the score.  This could be a big one if we can get the dev team, and I think I have found them we just gotta put the deal together. 
kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:44:24 AM

yes you can.  USPTO uses one public database.

http://portal.uspto.gov/pair/PublicPair

vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:50:55 AM

yes you can.  USPTO uses one public database.

http://portal.uspto.gov/pair/PublicPair

Even for just a provisional?  that site I linked to earlier said you couldn't search for provisionals.  

edit: also, I don't have the number with me now.  I will get it ASAP, but it is 300 miles away.  

is this article wrong?
http://patentfile.org/how-to-search-provisional-patents/

it says provisional patents are supposed to be kept secret.  CONFIRMED (I checked this on multiple websites)
kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:02:59 AM

it says provisional patents are supposed to be kept secret.  
Correct.  however, you explicitly stated:

Yes, I obtained a patent filing number from the USPTO in an off white envelope. I also published.

you have waived your claim to secrecy.  so, where is the published patent that you voluntarily published?

vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:05:36 AM

I was confused by your statement.  I have published some of the information for my idea because under new law your patent case is strengthened by publishing information.  I thought that was what you meant.  I haven't published the provisional patent.  

edit: wait so all this time you were trying to screw me by trying to get me to post a picture of my patent??
cthulu1

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:10:21 AM

When you give money to someone you normally know who that person is. So how about you divulge all of your personal details here. I mean after all, you want our money we should know who were giving it to.

edit: thats the information i can find on myself from google

Oh, what did you have to type in to find that information "fictional scammer school profiles with no picture to provide support to my poorly crafted story?" Seriously though, anyone who gives money to this clown deserves to lose it anyways.

+1 to kalus for calling out the bullshit ever so craftily.

edit: wait so all this time you were trying to screw me by trying to get me to post a picture of my patent??

and he can't "steal" your patent if it's already been submitted. But surely you'd know that if you were aware of how patenting actually works. I too, would like you to provide the patent number so I can review it in the public records database.
vintagetrex (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 05:13:56 AM

When you give money to someone you normally know who that person is. So how about you divulge all of your personal details here. I mean after all, you want our money we should know who were giving it to.

edit: thats the information i can find on myself from google

Oh, what did you have to type in to find that information "fictional scammer school profiles with no picture to provide support to my poorly crafted story?" Seriously though, anyone who gives money to this clown deserves to lose it anyways.

+1 to kalus for calling out the bullshit ever so craftily.

and he can't "steal" your patent if it's already been submitted. But surely you'd know that if you were aware of how patenting actually works.

how butt hurt are you guys that some stupid little arrogant kid like me has patent rights on the intellectual property system of the internet?  I THOUGHT OF IT FIRST HAHAHAH
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: