Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:56:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price of gold manipulation  (Read 17852 times)
Mikcik (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:49:04 PM

So whats the issue with france and why arent we hearing more about it? (the voices about this problems are always speaking about FED not Paris gold..)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:59:12 PM

SDR means sovereign drawing rights or some other b.s. acronym. I think it's basically a basket of currencies acting together as the world's reserve instead of a single currency. I don't see how that solves any real problems. They could also use gold but one oz would have to be revalued up to around $70k.

Wow. I guess that shows how artificial our current inflation levels are.

Yep, Special Drawing Rights.

A basket of currencies designated by the IMF. At the moment US, EURO, Pound, Yen. The thought is that to give the basket added (or maybe to promote) stability gold will once again be used as a 'reserve' currency in this basket.

Theoretically the price of gold will rise, pretty much overnight, if this happens.

I think it is telling to look at what the central banks of the world have done over the last few years. I don't have the charts or stats on hand, but many many countries have been stockpiling & buying bullion, increasing their reserves. All this at a time when (last 18 months) gold has been diving and the MSM have been bagging it.
zeetubes

Activity: 371

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:08:28 PM

Here's an article from today that sums up a lot of things about the last two years. This is by Bud Conrad. Probably one of the best "old school" analysts around and definitely the clearest writer. Everyone should take a few minutes and read it imo.

http://www.caseyresearch.com/articles/now-is-the-time-to-buy-gold
pening

Activity: 245

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:39:50 PM

A basket of currencies designated by the IMF. At the moment US, EURO, Pound, Yen. The thought is that to give the basket added (or maybe to promote) stability gold will once again be used as a 'reserve' currency in this basket.

Theoretically the price of gold will rise, pretty much overnight, if this happens.

And for that, destabalising reason, it almost certainly wont occur.
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:55:47 AM

And for that, destabalising reason, it almost certainly wont occur.

Just going off a few of the commentators I read like Rickards etc, it seems like china / russia are pushing for this (two of the biggest suspected bullion buyers). they are also the ones setting up trade deals in other currencies not the USD. If they were small states, the US would come down hard on them. the days of USD hegemony may be numbered. 
Mikcik (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:45:41 PM

BTW another good question:

If the price is really beying supressed by the manipulation, why it was allowed to rose between 2008 to 2011 to record levels if the manipulation was really taking place? Or do you really want to say that the demand was so strong thaz even with the manipulation at the max, the price still managed to rose? (and if manipulation wouldnt be at place,  the price would rose much higher back then)?

Or how do you explain the rise?
uranian

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:51:11 PM

We're up to 4 bankers suicided in the past couple of weeks now; the latest guy apparently nail gunned himself to death, very believable, indeed.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-02-07/4th-financial-services-executive-found-dead-self-inflicted-nail-gun-wounds

This is all suggestive to my mind that some heavy shit is going on behind the scenes...and given that the dollar is the lynchpin of all thing financial, and that gold and interest rates are the 2 key factors in setting its price, I wonder if we're going to see some fireworks soon.
NanoAkron

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:28:02 AM

We're up to 4 bankers suicided in the past couple of weeks now; the latest guy apparently nail gunned himself to death, very believable, indeed.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-02-07/4th-financial-services-executive-found-dead-self-inflicted-nail-gun-wounds

This is all suggestive to my mind that some heavy shit is going on behind the scenes...and given that the dollar is the lynchpin of all thing financial, and that gold and interest rates are the 2 key factors in setting its price, I wonder if we're going to see some fireworks soon.

I'm very interested in this spate of suicides. But does it 'buck the trend'? Is there anywhere to find those statistics?
Dr Bloggood

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:47:02 AM

I'm very interested in this spate of suicides. But does it 'buck the trend'? Is there anywhere to find those statistics?

Serious sources that have been quite reliable in the past suggest these guys were murdered... I don't know what to think of that...
Mikcik (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:13:14 AM

If the price is really beying supressed by the manipulation, why it was allowed to rose between 2008 to 2011 to record levels if the manipulation was really taking place? Or do you really want to say that the demand was so strong thaz even with the manipulation at the max, the price still managed to rose? (and if manipulation wouldnt be at place,  the price would rose much higher back then)?

Can someone please adress this issue? Because after the collapse of 2008 in USA the gold price rose, and it was the crucial moment when it should have been manipulated the most, since the financial system was quite vulnerable, still it managed to rose quite a lot, whys that? Didnt even all the manipulation helped? Would it rose much quicker if it manipulation (supposed) manipulation wasnt in place...?

And btw, heres a nice video, switch to somewhere in 16:00 where Jim Rogers which i personally "respekt" and think he is honest and has a lot of experience (hes also a billionare i think), says practically that he doesnt think the gold price is manipulated... And he DOES not sell gold (!) or does he have negative look on gold, he owns gold and suggest holding gold, so he isnt against it, he just doesnt think that all the manipulation of price is TRUE... He also adressed the issue with futures gold market, which some idiots (IDIOTS) in this thread didnt seemed to comprehend, yeah, selling futures gold is quite normal, the fact that for one CURRENT existing physical bullion gold oz at comex are nearly 90 paper claims doesnt really mean much if they are future contracts that will be due to delivery NOT sooner than several months of years... So yeah, trading futures is normal you idiots and its not a sign of manipulation. Trading future contacts if you know you wont be able to acknowledge even in the future is wrong, but nobody suggested so far that this is in place.... So NO, sorry BUT NO, the pure FACT that there are 90 paper claims to 1 physical oz of gold at comex really doesnt mean anything... Dont be so dumb (some of you).

Im really slowly believing that the whole gold price manipulation is just a strategy of the gold sellers... If its true, ill hate them :-(, i dont like being fuck up with or manipulated...
zeetubes

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:56:13 AM

If the price is really beying supressed by the manipulation, why it was allowed to rose between 2008 to 2011 to record levels if the manipulation was really taking place? Or do you really want to say that the demand was so strong thaz even with the manipulation at the max, the price still managed to rose? (and if manipulation wouldnt be at place,  the price would rose much higher back then)?

This is pure speculation on my part but during that time I was watching the gold and silver markets all day. My impression at that time was that gold was about to explode higher. Something similar to what happened with bitcoins last november/december. Gold traditionally reacts positively to rampant inflation and the Fed had pumped $29T into the banks to keep them alive. Imagine if tomorrow someone dumped one million BTC in a single sell order. What do you think would happen to the price of bitcoins? The seller would obviously not be looking for profit but just to trash the price. In order to maximize profits, a seller of that magnitude would have to very carefully place sell orders of ~500BTC at a time so as not to spook the markets.

Jim Rogers is indeed a very smart guy and very rich. But if he wants to keep appearing on CNBC he has to be a team player and not trash talk any of the market participants. Btw he was George Soros's financial advisor during the trashing of the UK pound (Black Wednesday, 1992), probably one of the most famous manipulation schemes in modern times. So he is very intimate with how to manipulate markets.
Mikcik (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 11:43:17 AM

So you think Jim Rogers is lying...? He seems so honest...? (and btw i dont think he really cares if he is or is not on media, so i wouldnt take this particular thing as an argument :-) ).

BTW that is also my question, about crashing the price with huge sell orders...

Isnt it possible that there is some other explanation, like that the seller reall needed money quick, so he dumped it on the market even if he know he would get less than if he would be selling it in little portions during a londer period of time, he sold it at once, got less for it, but got the money MUCH quicker...? Or he was really worried that the price will go down in the near future more than he would bring it down with his massive sell order, so he just risked it, because he was expecting in the near future even lower price (and thus could not afford to sell it during longer periods of time). Arent these also plausible scenarios?
zeetubes

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:50:35 PM

I don't think Jim Rogers is lying. I actually really like him. He has had a very interesting life.

If a seller dumps physical gold or any other commodity onto the market then that is one thing. If they "naked" dump 400 paper tons of gold, when there is no physical to back it up, then it is manipulation. I can't think of any other reason. The interesting thing is the sheer amount of physical buying taking place in spite of a tough market. Imagine if Apple sold twice the number of iphones this year, you would expect the share price to go up pretty steeply. In the face of increasing demand, gold's price is dropping.

Here's a nice infographic. Not related to manipulation necessarily. Just interesting and well done.

http://demonocracy.info/infographics/world/gold/gold.html

Mikcik (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:32:34 PM

I don't think Jim Rogers is lying. I actually really like him. He has had a very interesting life.

If a seller dumps physical gold or any other commodity onto the market then that is one thing. If they "naked" dump 400 paper tons of gold, when there is no physical to back it up, then it is manipulation. I can't think of any other reason. The interesting thing is the sheer amount of physical buying taking place in spite of a tough market. Imagine if Apple sold twice the number of iphones this year, you would expect the share price to go up pretty steeply. In the face of increasing demand, gold's price is dropping.

Here's a nice infographic. Not related to manipulation necessarily. Just interesting and well done.

http://demonocracy.info/infographics/world/gold/gold.html

thats interesting post, thank you.

It was really 400 tonnes in one "go" (back in april i think 2013)? I didnt know the exact number...

Was it really 400 tonnes... wow then thats really big...

Can someone other think of any other possible explanation why to dump sucha huge ammount in one go? I think only if you would thought that the price of gold will tommorow go to 100 youll be willing to sell such a big ammount in one go... What do other think, what was for example said in media as an excuse for suc a big one sell order?
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:39:13 AM

... the price of gold manipulation will be very high.

Economies will be paying for the wealth destruction, capital misallocation and lost opportunities, consequences of the gold manipulation, for a long time to come ...

johliks

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:57:58 AM

Everything is manipulated, even BTC. Silver for example is manipulated at a rate of 50 to 1. Absolutely the comex is manipulating gold. Who's to say Jim Rogers, etc. aren't in on the price manipulation (they were pumping gold/silver on the run up, silver hit 49 and collapsed). Metals tend to lean the opposite of fiat so the only way Gold will go to 10,000 USD is if the dollar is devalued by that much. This means you made zero $$$. It's all one big scam. Make your money while you can and buy houses, land, etc. and then you will be ok.
Mikcik (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:24:00 PM

Everything is manipulated, even BTC. Silver for example is manipulated at a rate of 50 to 1. Absolutely the comex is manipulating gold. Who's to say Jim Rogers, etc. aren't in on the price manipulation (they were pumping gold/silver on the run up, silver hit 49 and collapsed). Metals tend to lean the opposite of fiat so the only way Gold will go to 10,000 USD is if the dollar is devalued by that much. This means you made zero $$$. It's all one big scam. Make your money while you can and buy houses, land, etc. and then you will be ok.

Yeah omg... posts like these are wortless.... No, if gold goes to 10 000 it absolutelly doesnt mean you didnt make a profit, if it went to 50 000 or more than yeah, you probably are not making any profit because this is due to inflation and hyperinflation, so if gold ever goes to 50 000 or more in the near future and a bread or a roll costs you thousand of dollars, than yeah, you didnt make a profit, bud 10 000 is quite easy realizeable according to me, without the prices of everyting else going up also (due to inflation), so please dont spread misinformation.

But i agree on the land and houses, flats, that is something really tangible and valuable , on the othat hand it can taxed, it can be destroyed (in a war :-), at leats flats and houses, land is forever :-) ), it can be confiscated (cause the state knows who owns what in real estate) etc. Gold cannot. But i like land and houses also.

Also please people dont say that everyting is manipulated if you didnt have your own personal look into the issue, the fact that gold sellers say that gold and silver and everything IS manipulated doesnt really mean it is! And even if it is, it doesnt mean it is manipulated to the extent the gold sellers says it is... Think for yourselves for god sake... I have seen soo many experts here and on the internet in general on PM manipulation but when you ask them something specific you find out that they really dont understand it and are just parroting what someone else said...
Mikcik (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:31:59 PM

Another good thing to consider is the fact that chinese had imported over 1000 tonnes of gold in 2013 and over 500 tonnes in 2012... And the people around gold are presenting it like all of this ammount is ONLY for the central bank... Not including private buyers (citizens) and the industry needs, and where the majority of production nowdays takes place, in china (at least the electronic stuff in which gold is needed)... And chinese citizens do like gold... Still all the info i can find tries to present it in the way that somehow, not announced all this imported gold goes to to the central bank of china, which is just currently and purposely underestimating its gold reserves numbers...

I smell another manipulation from the sellers of gold...

what do you think about this?
Mikcik (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:33:57 PM

Also, what possible reason could china have for melting the gold down into 1 KG bars which it does according to some info. gold sellers are presenting it again in a way that they will try to back their currency by gold...
Mikcik (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:58:00 PM

For those of you who understand BTC and gold silver a little, heres a little proof that you really cannot belive fully even the gold sellers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17w13l-Haco

Whats your impresion of the video and the guy... and yeah... he sells his own stupid brand made silver coins...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: