Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:49:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722522 times)
meebs

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:56:11 AM

I was thinking about this earlier, does anyone know how hot GPUs run mining bitcoin? If that runs cooler I would tend to think the extra power draw and heat is because scrypt pretty much rewrites the entire ram available as fast as possible over and over again, whereas Bitcoin/Darkcoin would only use a small amount of ram.

You aren't kidding.. I just checked my 270's and they are only utilizing 150-200 MB's each..

I wonder how the 260x hashes on this algorithm.. anyone here have one?

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
           ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
        ▄██████▀▀             ▀▀██████▄
      ▄█████▀▀                    ▀▀█████▄
     █████▀                          ▀█████
    ████▀          ▄▄███████▄▄         ▀████
   ████▌        ▄██▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄        ▐████
  ████▌       ▄██▀            ▀██▄       ▐████
 ▐████       ██▀   ▄▄█▀▀▀█▄▄    ▀██       ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▀  ▄▄   ▀▀             ▐████
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
▐████       ██  ▐█  ▐█                     ████▌
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▄  ▀▀   ▄▄    ██▀      ▐████
 ▐████       ██▄   ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀    ██▌       ████▌
  █████       ▀██▄            ▄██▀       █████
   █████        ▀██▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██▀        █████
    █████          ▀▀███████▀▀         █████
     █████▄                          ▄█████
      ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄             ▄▄██████▀
           ▀████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DECENTRALISING PRODUCTION, LOGISTICS AND PAYMENT 
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   3D SERVICE      32 BAY     GCC WEBWALLET
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:58:46 AM

Anyone else here getting the feeling the price of Darkcoin is about to explode?

Normally I don't make posts like this, but I'm feeling a breakout tonight.  I'm liking what I see in the charts.

Hmm can you explain...
Crystal ball?
The video with 96 views 2 hours ago?
Ilumination?  
The successfull test of DarkSend yesterday?

Tongue   Grin
From a technical analysis perspective, we've gone and formed ourselves a pennant formation: http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:chart_analysis:chart_patterns:flag_pennant_continu

Oohhhh nice nice....
Do you think that trading with crypto follow the same rules than forex?
Certainly.  Of course, technical analysis is full of confirmation bias so I could very easily be wrong Smiley
HammerHedd

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 03:00:03 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2014, 03:42:46 AM by HammerHedd

I must say I started mining this coin yesterday and everything runs 50% plus cooler. I need to get my killawatt out and see the draw compared to a normal scrypt coin. So far I love it!

Thanks Devs

I also put few of my card to mine this coin and it's true that cards run a lot cooler.
Please post results from that killawatt reader.

Ok here are the results. This miner is a 4x270

Normal Coin: 887 - 892
Darkcoin: 550-552

That's a huge difference on my power bill Smiley

Yep.  Mining scrypt my rig pulls 1150W doing 2.1Mh/s.  On darkcoin it uses 650W doing 6.2Mh/s.

As someone else has pointed out earlier though, this reduced power consumption could simply be because there's way more code optimisation to be done yet and the GPUs are only doing 50% of what is possible.  I can make my GPUs run cooler mining scrypt coins too (and more efficiently) if I want to.

Here's another point of view...  assuming that we can't push any more performance out of the GPUs while mining darkcoin, it could be argued that it is less efficient because you need to purchase 2 cards to do the work that 1 card should be capable of, in terms of raw computing power.

I was thinking about this earlier, does anyone know how hot GPUs run mining bitcoin? If that runs cooler I would tend to think the extra power draw and heat is because scrypt pretty much rewrites the entire ram available as fast as possible over and over again, whereas Bitcoin/Darkcoin would only use a small amount of ram.

Also, isn't heat (from a physics perspective) considered a by product, or mark of inefficiency? An incandescent lightbulb uses part of the energy input to make heat, which is inefficient. An LED light makes much less heat, and is much more efficient (as a measure of energy input vs light output).

DRK: XepkHLT2MYTXSFDc2muiGeA9eRzG6ytpSy       P2Pool: stratum+tcp://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net:7903
BTC: 1LVE3pFpAhSrHbiK5hAUWDeVrB5UrPXRkJ                    http://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net
HammerHedd

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 03:01:32 AM

Two more. That's it, I'm taking a break. Cool

XwBidPQVnGFEzqfJbTybS9gyXX2yu1JbfM

The Blue and gold one!

+5 DRK to you, my friend!

DRK: XepkHLT2MYTXSFDc2muiGeA9eRzG6ytpSy       P2Pool: stratum+tcp://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net:7903
BTC: 1LVE3pFpAhSrHbiK5hAUWDeVrB5UrPXRkJ                    http://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net
tamara163
Legendary

Activity: 1027

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:02:06 AM

NEW VERSION CPU MINER, ABOUT 10% IMPROVEMENT*

https://github.com/elmad/darkcoin-cpuminer-1.3-avx-aes

I improved the cpu miner for another 10% and updated the project on github. I tried different processors and I've seen an improvement from 8% to 11%.
Remember, this version works only for processor that support the AES-NI instruction set.

Here the list of Intel processors supporting it:
http://ark.intel.com/search/advanced/?AESTech=true

And for AMD, the series:
Bulldozer-based, Piledriver-based and Jaguar-based.

Let me know what is your improvement with your cpu. Binaries for Windows version will come (some tip can accellerate the process Tongue)

*Donations are very appreciated Cheesy
+ 5-9 khash/s on the thread!!
i7 3630QM-Ubuntu13.10
350-390 khash/s
Thank you!!!
I WANT MORE!!!
tabnk

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:02:13 AM

Buy than tell you Cheesy

so whats different about this coin, if you can tell me I will buy 100 of them now
xorpheus

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:03:40 AM

You aren't kidding.. I just checked my 270's and they are only utilizing 150-200 MB's each..

Where/how can you see that?
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 03:04:27 AM

These metal coins are badass. Well done.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:05:40 AM

I don't  have a great gpu, but I did notice that I could set the -I up way higher mining darkcoin than I could mining litecoin.  FYI so give it a try??

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:11:39 AM

Anyone else impressed that we're the ONLY crypto that is up today above #20?

I wish we were, because my funds just cleared and I bought my dark with it, LOL, but I think it's held lower because of all the Mtgox problems, so I'm thankful I could still buy some at an Ok price.   (actually it's probably a great price, but a week ago, I could have gotten 3 times as many dark with the bitcoin I bought, grrr,  had to wait a week for my bits to clear Sad )

yah, this coin is still relatively unknown, it's going to explode soon. 

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:11:50 AM

Those are both sexy.

Hey those are great! The developers want the bar behind the D though, like in my concept coin. Take a look. I think you can just make it one piece of metal but the D with the interior like mine.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
HammerHedd

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 03:11:57 AM

NEW VERSION CPU MINER, ABOUT 10% IMPROVEMENT*

https://github.com/elmad/darkcoin-cpuminer-1.3-avx-aes

I improved the cpu miner for another 10% and updated the project on github. I tried different processors and I've seen an improvement from 8% to 11%.
Remember, this version works only for processor that support the AES-NI instruction set.

Here the list of Intel processors supporting it:
http://ark.intel.com/search/advanced/?AESTech=true

And for AMD, the series:
Bulldozer-based, Piledriver-based and Jaguar-based.

Let me know what is your improvement with your cpu. Binaries for Windows version will come (some tip can accellerate the process Tongue)

*Donations are very appreciated Cheesy

About a 10% increase for me...

Any chance of a windows compiled version?

xorpheus

Activity: 75

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:13:26 AM

I must say I started mining this coin yesterday and everything runs 50% plus cooler. I need to get my killawatt out and see the draw compared to a normal scrypt coin. So far I love it!

Thanks Devs

I also put few of my card to mine this coin and it's true that cards run a lot cooler.

Yep.  Mining scrypt my rig pulls 1150W doing 2.1Mh/s.  On darkcoin it uses 650W doing 6.2Mh/s.

As someone else has pointed out earlier though, this reduced power consumption could simply be because there's way more code optimisation to be done yet and the GPUs are only doing 50% of what is possible.  I can make my GPUs run cooler mining scrypt coins too (and more efficiently) if I want to.

Here's another point of view...  assuming that we can't push any more performance out of the GPUs while mining darkcoin, it could be argued that it is less efficient because you need to purchase 2 cards to do the work that 1 card should be capable of, in terms of raw computing power.

Also, isn't heat (from a physics perspective) considered a by product, or mark of inefficiency? An incandescent lightbuld uses part of the energy input to make heat, which is inefficient. An LED light makes much less heat, and is much more efficient (as a measure of energy input vs light output).

Indeed, but all of the electricity used by a computer is turned into heat, there is no other type of energy output (if you ignore light from the screen and sound from the speakers).
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:14:29 AM

Yet another point of view: Because of the variations in the algorithms, there might be more CPU involvement, and the GPU will never reach "peak efficiency" because it is being re-tasked to run a different algorithm, which will take some number of cycles away from raw computer cycles, or at least running them differently...

[Disclaimer: It's quite possible I'm completely off base here]

CPU use is practically 0% for me. Actually the cpu is so free that it can run cpuminer at full speed, like the gpu miner didn't even exist. I think that the GPU is simply losing time in some operations in which it is not good at. CPUs on the other hand may "rape", in terms of speed, some operations that the GPU cannot due to, say, lack of instruction set, large l1 cache etc.

TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:14:47 AM

Anyone else here getting the feeling the price of Darkcoin is about to explode?

Normally I don't make posts like this, but I'm feeling a breakout tonight.  I'm liking what I see in the charts.

Hmm can you explain...
Crystal ball?
The video with 96 views 2 hours ago?
Ilumination?  
The successfull test of DarkSend yesterday?

Tongue   Grin

I feel it too, in the bones, LOL.  Otherwise I would have waited to but my dark, but I fear I won't see it this low again Sad .  Our sweet early days are over, I feel nostalgic, LOL

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:16:42 AM

I really love the blue one!!!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:17:11 AM

Thanks Devs

Also, isn't heat (from a physics perspective) considered a by product, or mark of inefficiency? An incandescent lightbuld uses part of the energy input to make heat, which is inefficient. An LED light makes much less heat, and is much more efficient (as a measure of energy input vs light output).

Indeed, but all of the electricity used by a computer is turned into heat, there is no other type of energy output (if you ignore light from the screen and sound from the speakers).
Don't agree... The energy output now is .... DarkCoin !  Tongue
elmad

Activity: 119

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:18:16 AM

About a 10% increase for me...

Any chance of a windows compiled version?

I removed now the big optimization, too much CPU dependent... Try now and PM me if you want again that 10%, I'll say to you what change on the code...

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:20:07 AM

Efficiency is not counted that way (excess heat vs work done) in semiconductor chips... These have high resistance and thus practically all energy passing through them is converted to heat. If a chip consumes 10w of energy, then it also produces ~10w of heat.
InternetApe

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 03:21:52 AM

Love it, just ONE small change and we are going to use it!

Made the outer ring silver. If you can make us that with a transparent background, we are DONE!

And when we get the physical coins made I will send you one.

DarkCoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615 - DarkCoin aims to be the first privacy-centric cryptographic currency with fully encrypted transactions and anonymous block transactions.
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: