Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:43:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722524 times)
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 12:49:05 PM

So what's the rationale for this block reward system? (11111 / (((Difficulty+51)/6) ^ 2))

As I understand it, the TOTAL distribution per unit time will come crashing down as network hashrate goes up. Not to mention each miner is getting a tinier slice. That's rather discouraging.

Apart from Darksend, I think this is the best feature of the coin. All other altcoins become diluted if they doesn't become a instant success like Dogecoin.

So the early adopter edge becomes even more overwhelming? Nice way to kill a coin. An exchange medium is only worth something if others agree and also have a stake. We'll just end up a small group of hoarders waiting around for something to happen. Reminds me of QRK.

QRK? There are like 81 out of 84m coins to be mined.

At, say, 10.000 coins per day, in the next year a further 3.6m coins will be mined.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
slyA

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 12:49:43 PM

well seems like i have to chime in here, as an early adopter, believing in this coin, i have earned a nice load of coin, but i have also given away aproximatly 40% of it, either as part of lotterymining.com, as competition for designing a logo for my pool, and also the faucet, so to say that the early adopters are just going to dump the horded load, is bullshit, some will, thats human nature, but some do believe in it, and have worked hard to help everyone else that came and wanted to mine, i look at what i have left as "payment for the unaccounted hours" ive used to help others. so please refrain from putting everyone into the same box!

Apologies if you took offense at that but you can only speak for yourself not the other early adopters.
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 12:51:47 PM

Personally I would be very surprised to see a dump. I'm a relatively early adopter and I have a fair chunk of DRK. There's no way in hell I'm dumping when it hits the bigger exchanges. I still think DRK is under-hyped and under-valued. As demand ramps up and speculators get on board, price will begin to catch up with the current rate of growth in hashing power. Given that miners are generally ahead of the game compared with investors, it makes sense that price will lag behind difficulty. Give it time. Being under-valued and over-hashed is good; it makes people less likely to dump for cheap.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
wonko86
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 12:59:24 PM

Have a nice dark chunk of DRK. Haven't sold any of them.

Wish I had more money so I could buy more DRK.
meebs

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 01:02:30 PM

CPU DRK mining question:

I'm using the fantastic darkCoin-cpuminer-1.3-avx-aes-windows-binaries, with these settings:
Code:
minerd-corei7-avx -a X11 -o stratum+tcp://drk.lotterymining.com:4444 -u username -p password -t 8 -q

My proc: Intel Core i7-3770K, 3.50 GHz

I've been consistently getting 490+ khash/s with those settings, which I think is pretty great, but I'm not sure what others are getting with the same or similar proc.

I've been consistently getting lines like this:
Code:
[2014-02-21 22:01:06] accepted: 43/43 (100.00%), 490.02 khash/s (yay!!!)
But as of this morning and after about 50/50, I've been getting lines like this:
Code:
[2014-02-21 22:22:17] accepted: 77/78 (98.72%), 486.72 khash/s (yay!!!)
Concerning that percentage, 1) what does it mean exactly, and 2) why all of a sudden (after about 2 weeks worth of mining) am I getting less than 100%?

Thanks in advance for helping me with my n00b question!  Wink

That's what I am getting as well at 3.7 ghz.

Percentage is accepted shares percent.

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
           ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
        ▄██████▀▀             ▀▀██████▄
      ▄█████▀▀                    ▀▀█████▄
     █████▀                          ▀█████
    ████▀          ▄▄███████▄▄         ▀████
   ████▌        ▄██▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄        ▐████
  ████▌       ▄██▀            ▀██▄       ▐████
 ▐████       ██▀   ▄▄█▀▀▀█▄▄    ▀██       ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▀  ▄▄   ▀▀             ▐████
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
▐████       ██  ▐█  ▐█                     ████▌
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▄  ▀▀   ▄▄    ██▀      ▐████
 ▐████       ██▄   ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀    ██▌       ████▌
  █████       ▀██▄            ▄██▀       █████
   █████        ▀██▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██▀        █████
    █████          ▀▀███████▀▀         █████
     █████▄                          ▄█████
      ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄             ▄▄██████▀
           ▀████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DECENTRALISING PRODUCTION, LOGISTICS AND PAYMENT 
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   3D SERVICE      32 BAY     GCC WEBWALLET
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

slyA

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 01:02:48 PM

Selling dark to buy dark? That's very dark mate.
wonko86
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 01:14:14 PM

I meant that I also have a large sum of drk and has't sold any but wish I could buy more  Grin
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 01:43:44 PM

Hello,

I've got a question for buying BTC.
As I think it's low, I was thinking in buying BTC with $.

But what I saw in coinbase : Bank Accounts Used to buy and sell bitcoins — U.S. only
Can't use visa credit card there?

I already try the VirWox.. They closed/banned my account directly because I was suspicious lol.. They never told me why, the country?

What?Huh For information I'm French living in Mexico.

How can I do to buy BTC with fiat? I never did it, always haing BTC by mining other coin....

If you do have credit card, i can refer a good merchant.

Who else takes CC?

Sorry . . They stopped accepting .

I saw ads from these guys, claiming they sell crypto for paypal / cc.
never tried them. if you do try them and it works fine, drop some feedback.
http://www.burnerbrothers.com/buydogecoin/

if you buy 5000 Doge for 100$ from them, and sell them you get: 0.01080000 BTC

if you but fro 100$ bitcoins you get: 0.17168182 BTC

so you will get $6.25 worth of coins out of $100, i hope no one is using them

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
TingCoin

Activity: 720

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 01:45:34 PM

Hello,

But what I saw in coinbase : Bank Accounts Used to buy and sell bitcoins — U.S. only

I already try the VirWox.. They closed/banned my account directly because I was suspicious lol.. They never told me why, the country?

How can I do to buy BTC with fiat? I never did it, always haing BTC by mining other coin....

Who else takes CC?

Such exploitation! Tongue

Any posts from me that were posted in Russian were NOT from me. A cykablyat obtained my forum login details when they were leaked, I was inactive from the forum at that time.
blueforever

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 01:48:57 PM

I do this from time to time.  Grin
lazycoins

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 01:54:31 PM

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to drop by and let you guys know that we are considering adding DarkCoin to our exchange to be traded at launch, which will probably be the biggest launch for any altcoin exchange yet. Since our announcement 4 days ago we have already had few hundred followers and twelve altcoins added. Follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/LazyCoins and vote.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=471779.0

chompyZ

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 01:56:23 PM

Hello,

Who else takes CC?

WOW!
I didn't go as far as checking their rates.
this is pure robbery.
ppl have no shame  Sad
Corazon79

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:13:27 PM

My Darkcoin wallet just disappeared from my PC.

Does anybody know why that happened? When I go into start, run, and type %Appdata%, I can see that the Darkcoin folder and its contents are still on my computer. Which is a relief.

The problem is that since switching off the PC and booting up again, the Darkcoin wallet itself is no longer there. Which files in the Darkcoin folder are relevant to opening up the wallet again, and how do I do it?
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:14:44 PM

So what's the rationale for this block reward system? (11111 / (((Difficulty+51)/6) ^ 2))

As I understand it, the TOTAL distribution per unit time will come crashing down as network hashrate goes up. Not to mention each miner is getting a tinier slice. That's rather discouraging.

Apart from Darksend, I think this is the best feature of the coin. All other altcoins become diluted if they doesn't become a instant success like Dogecoin.

So the early adopter edge becomes even more overwhelming? Nice way to kill a coin. An exchange medium is only worth something if others agree and also have a stake. We'll just end up a small group of hoarders waiting around for something to happen. Reminds me of QRK.

That is overstating things. Reading through the thread, it is abundantly clear that the devs and other early adopters believe in the coin and are not planning a massive dump. 

IMO this is a feature -- not a problem or a scam.  Basically, it allows for the devs to have a more fine control over how the coin is released into the market; and thus prevents a “mid-life” dump via multipools and whale miners that troubles many a coin once the price starts to rise.  As mentioned above, if a coin is super-popular from the beginning like Doge then there is no problem as it gets distributed to a wide range of miners.  Even if whales or whatnot show up later there is a big enough dedicated mining community that in effect prevents these entities from negatively effecting the market. 

On the other hand, coins that don't blow up from the beginning and slowly rise in price due to the efforts of the early adopters, inevitably get attacked by these whales/mutlipools -- and the diff increase alone never seems to be enough to prevent a ton of coins of entering the hands of the few.  When these coins get dumped... the market crashes.  The way Darkcoin is currently set up this cannot happen.  And yes, even though Darkcoin is multipool resistant – it is still vulnerable to whales (it was actually getting hammered before the diff /reward system was enhanced by KGW).

Now, I know it may seem unfair to latecomer miners and some trolls even went as far as trying to discourage people by calling this a instamine. But the thing is... the vast majority of coins have a high percentage owned by early adopters.  That is the reward they get for believing in the coin before anybody else.  Due to the diff/reward system Darkcoin might be a little more extreme, but as I just explained that system has a very important purpose.

This is a fair coin. The diff/reward is a feature that allows more fine control over how much coin is released into the market and thus prevents manipulation by dumpers.

Not really mate. If a large percent of coins is being held by a select few then this coin is in jeopardy sorry to say. We can wax poetic all we want about how people believe in this coin but that is just not true. A quick look at the charts wil tell you how trigger happy the so called early adopters are in dumping this coin. Greed rules this free market and lets not bury our heads in the sand here.

The early adopters can and are currently molesting the price to a stand still unfortunately and that is turning away investors and miners. As long as we are still on small exchanges, this will continue and when we eventually hit big exchanges, I expect there to be a huge dump because people are greedy and that is the honest truth.

well seems like i have to chime in here, as an early adopter, believing in this coin, i have earned a nice load of coin, but i have also given away aproximatly 40% of it, either as part of lotterymining.com, as competition for designing a logo for my pool, and also the faucet, so to say that the early adopters are just going to dump the horded load, is bullshit, some will, thats human nature, but some do believe in it, and have worked hard to help everyone else that came and wanted to mine, i look at what i have left as "payment for the unaccounted hours" ive used to help others. so please refrain from putting everyone into the same box!

Those lottery mining logos, they set you back 2000$+ as of today! Could have had some amazing logo work done for that price  Tongue

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:16:59 PM

That is overstating things. Reading through the thread, it is abundantly clear that the devs and other early adopters believe in the coin and are not planning a massive dump. 

IMO this is a feature -- not a problem or a scam.  Basically, it allows for the devs to have a more fine control over how the coin is released into the market; and thus prevents a “mid-life” dump via multipools and whale miners that troubles many a coin once the price starts to rise.  As mentioned above, if a coin is super-popular from the beginning like Doge then there is no problem as it gets distributed to a wide range of miners.  Even if whales or whatnot show up later there is a big enough dedicated mining community that in effect prevents these entities from negatively effecting the market. 

On the other hand, coins that don't blow up from the beginning and slowly rise in price due to the efforts of the early adopters, inevitably get attacked by these whales/mutlipools -- and the diff increase alone never seems to be enough to prevent a ton of coins of entering the hands of the few.  When these coins get dumped... the market crashes.  The way Darkcoin is currently set up this cannot happen.  And yes, even though Darkcoin is multipool resistant – it is still vulnerable to whales (it was actually getting hammered before the diff /reward system was enhanced by KGW).

Now, I know it may seem unfair to latecomer miners and some trolls even went as far as trying to discourage people by calling this a instamine. But the thing is... the vast majority of coins have a high percentage owned by early adopters.  That is the reward they get for believing in the coin before anybody else.  Due to the diff/reward system Darkcoin might be a little more extreme, but as I just explained that system has a very important purpose.

This is a fair coin. The diff/reward is a feature that allows more fine control over how much coin is released into the market and thus prevents manipulation by dumpers.

Not really mate. If a large percent of coins is being held by a select few then this coin is in jeopardy sorry to say. We can wax poetic all we want about how people believe in this coin but that is just not true. A quick look at the charts wil tell you how trigger happy the so called early adopters are in dumping this coin. Greed rules this free market and lets not bury our heads in the sand here.

The early adopters can and are currently molesting the price to a stand still unfortunately and that is turning away investors and miners. As long as we are still on small exchanges, this will continue and when we eventually hit big exchanges, I expect there to be a huge dump because people are greedy and that is the honest truth.

Those lottery mining logos, they set you back 2000$+ as of today! Could have had some amazing logo work done for that price  Tongue

yep, but for me it wasnt about the money, but the value of publicity for my pool :-)

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
HammerHedd

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 02:18:16 PM

Apologies if you took offense at that but you can only speak for yourself not the other early adopters.

You describe the early adopters as "hoarders" but think about why many of us got into Darkcoin - we like the coin, and want to actually use it as currency for things. Right now, there are very few "things" we can get with darkcoin. I'm not a huge fan of speculating personally, because I don't like to see the commoditization of ... well anything, really. I'm holding on to many of the coins that I have so that I can actually USE them when more vendors, sites, etc. start accepting it.

Speaking of that, I'm going to >try< to set up a us-based p2p node that is funded entirely by crypto. With the exception of electricity, I think I can pull it off. I have a domain that I got with namecoin (pickaxe.bit), a server that I bought with BTC, etc. I'd definitely appreciate any help with getting the pool set up. I'll be messing with that this weekend...

DRK: XepkHLT2MYTXSFDc2muiGeA9eRzG6ytpSy       P2Pool: stratum+tcp://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net:7903
BTC: 1LVE3pFpAhSrHbiK5hAUWDeVrB5UrPXRkJ                    http://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net
TingCoin

Activity: 720

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:35:10 PM

Hello,

Who else takes CC?

WOW!
I didn't go as far as checking their rates.
this is pure robbery.
ppl have no shame  Sad

Surely though, if it's CC/PP they're dealing in people will just reverse charges? And rightfully so, it's intentionally misleading exploiting the tiny value of doge some people won't think to check the actual rates and will assume that's "about right" you know.

Back on topic, it seems you can withdraw altcoins from Poloniex atm just not BTC.

Any posts from me that were posted in Russian were NOT from me. A cykablyat obtained my forum login details when they were leaked, I was inactive from the forum at that time.
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:37:31 PM

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to drop by and let you guys know that we are considering adding DarkCoin to our exchange to be traded at launch, which will probably be the biggest launch for any altcoin exchange yet. Since our announcement 4 days ago we have already had few hundred followers and twelve altcoins added. Follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/LazyCoins and vote.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=471779.0

Sounds good, as long as you don't go down the path of other exchanges and make people pay/vote for it. Would probably be smart to add DRK based on its merits alone.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
danonthehill

Activity: 710

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 02:37:49 PM

My Darkcoin wallet just disappeared from my PC.

Does anybody know why that happened? When I go into start, run, and type %Appdata%, I can see that the Darkcoin folder and its contents are still on my computer. Which is a relief.

The problem is that since switching off the PC and booting up again, the Darkcoin wallet itself is no longer there. Which files in the Darkcoin folder are relevant to opening up the wallet again, and how do I do it?

Just download the Darkcoin wallet again.  Your coins are stored in the .dat file, so as long as this is still on your PC, none of the other files matter.  The new wallet should sync and show your previous balance.
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 02:40:14 PM

We were mentioned in ibtimes:

Darkcoin saw the largest one-day growth, up 111% to $1.17 per coin, while the heaviest loss was felt by smartcoin, which fell 30.5% to $0.046.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/cryptocurrency-news-round-mt-gox-reopen-withdrawals-protests-continue-1436868

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
Pages: « 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: