Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:16:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4054 4055 4056 4057 4058 4059 4060 4061 4062 4063 4064 4065 4066 4067 4068 4069 4070 4071 4072 4073 4074 4075 4076 4077 4078 4079 4080 4081 4082 4083 4084 4085 4086 4087 4088 4089 4090 4091 4092 4093 4094 4095 4096 4097 4098 4099 4100 4101 4102 4103 [4104] 4105 4106 4107 4108 4109 4110 4111 4112 4113 4114 4115 4116 4117 4118 4119 4120 4121 4122 4123 4124 4125 4126 4127 4128 4129 4130 4131 4132 4133 4134 4135 4136 4137 4138 4139 4140 4141 4142 4143 4144 4145 4146 4147 4148 4149 4150 4151 4152 4153 4154 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
Madness

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 11:46:54 AM

I'am really interessted on starting on Alternative coins world . not sure which one tho . Darkcoin seems to be very interessting also very annonymus more then Bitcoin which can be very useful . and some people told me that there is a pump on the price too .
is OP the creator of Darkcoin ? I really don't know what to choose between Dogecoin , Litecoin & Darkcoin .

~ Madness

who's OP?
Evan Duffield is the creator of darkcoin.
https://www.darkcoin.io/about/team-contact/

I meant OP , the Original Poster Shocked who made this thread , is he is Evan Duffield him self or not .
Thanks for your answer btw.
~ Madness

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bandidorl

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:47:34 AM

Hello, I´m having problems with my home wallet, seems some funds have dissapeared suddenly, I can´t connect directly to wallet because I am at work and I´m a bit anxious because it.

The blockexplorer doesn´t reflect any recent transaction but the funds are gone.

Anyone knows what can be happened?

Regards.

So you sent funds and left the house? Probably the tx didn't broadcast. Was it IX? Don't worry, they're never just gone.
When you get home open it with -zapwallettxes

By the way, I need to upgrade some of my wallets to 61000, is it -upgradewallet, or -walletupgrade?

No sorry, perhaps I haven´t explained it very well

I was installing Drake´s Darkcoin balance app, adding my MNs and my home wallet and when I have finally added my home wallet my balance was less than expected, exactly 70 DRK less, I  have checked blockexplorer to know what can be happened but there is no trace of transactions since 10/02/2015 so I assume my funds are gone.

What I don´t know is how can it be possible? Has been my wallet compromised? I have a very strong passphrase but the reality is the funds are gone atm. When I get home I will check the wallet but in the meantime I have to wait nearly 3 hours and I´m a bit anxious because I don´t understand what is happening.

Regards.

If you're not using coin control; wallet automatically created a change adress which is not shown by default.
Your coins are probably in your wallet don't worry. Just open and sync it when you can.

I hope so, I will have to wait impatiently for two and half hours more.

Thanks.
bandidorl

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:50:58 AM

I was installing Drake´s Darkcoin balance app, adding my MNs and my home wallet and when I have finally added my home wallet my balance was less than expected, exactly 70 DRK less, I  have checked blockexplorer to know what can be happened but there is no trace of transactions since 10/02/2015 so I assume my funds are gone.

What I don´t know is how can it be possible? Has been my wallet compromised? I have a very strong passphrase but the reality is the funds are gone atm. When I get home I will check the wallet but in the meantime I have to wait nearly 3 hours and I´m a bit anxious because I don´t understand what is happening.

Regards.

If the DRK is still shown at the correct address in the block explorer, they are by definition NOT gone.

Sounds like this 3rd party app you're using is either broken or you've made some mistake with it.

I´m using the official Darkcoin wallet download from Darkcoin.io, problem is funds are in the wallet but not all funds, there are around 70 DRK less. Seems I will have to wait to go home to know what is really happening.

Thanks again for your help to all of you.

Regards.

PD. By the way if someone has compromised my wallet and made a transaction using darksend anonymized funds will I be able to see it through blockexplorer?
espressodelisi

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 12:01:32 PM

Python advice.

I'm going through Learn Python the hard Way online, going pretty well. Got half way though without issues but had to stop for a few weeks. I'm going to start again from scratch all the way through, but dont want to stop there.

Is there any "de facto" books I should get? I shall be travelling a lot soon, and would love to get python 2.7.9 nerdy (not pro!) while hotel surfing
 Mind you I have zero programming skills, except when I was doing BASIC stuff at age 14 (pun intended).

My goal is not so much become a hardcore dev, but to be able to look at code and eventually port stuff to DRK.

Suggestions?

There is a book titled "how to think like a computer scientist"
You can find it on the internet, It's free licenced as free in freedom.

oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:19:10 PM

I was installing Drake´s Darkcoin balance app, adding my MNs and my home wallet and when I have finally added my home wallet my balance was less than expected, exactly 70 DRK less, I  have checked blockexplorer to know what can be happened but there is no trace of transactions since 10/02/2015 so I assume my funds are gone.

Regards.

If the DRK is still shown at the correct address in the block explorer, they are by definition NOT gone.

Sounds like this 3rd party app you're using is either broken or you've made some mistake with it.

I´m using the official Darkcoin wallet download from Darkcoin.io, problem is funds are in the wallet but not all funds, there are around 70 DRK less. Seems I will have to wait to go home to know what is really happening.

Regards.

PD. By the way if someone has compromised my wallet and made a transaction using darksend anonymized funds will I be able to see it through blockexplorer?

Your coins are in a change address.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:26:51 PM

For fun, do any of the regular posters want to bet me about what time block 227120 will arrive  Grin
I will stake 1 full darkcoin on block 227120 coming in before 1PM GMT friday afternoon,  do you want to bet it will come after 1 PM , does anyone dare me, I promise to stand by the bet  Cool

Edit: Will come back and check in the morning, will take only the first 2 bets if there are more than one, dont want to lose too much! ...
We should hit this block about 12:25 GMT Wink I put 1 drk for it, so if someone have other thinking let`s bet Cheesy

1+1 of ours bet, so 2 drk for hiting the block before 1GMT Cheesy
I bet ya'll are right, at least i hope so because my mn's should be getting paid on saturday.  Grin
Finally some good luck!
I love watching the increases and saved the links everyone posted, thanks.
40% is huge but 50% will be very symbolic. The future is bright for darkcoin.
Accepted, so if we hit this block afte 1PM GMT we send you 1  drk each Smiley if not you send us 1 drk Smiley

Excellent Splawik21 to play the game  Grin I was not expecting someone else to take my side of the bet but if thats ok with MasterMined710 and yourself, its fine with me. For my end, the betting is now closed, am working on friday but will check in the late afternooon to sort our winnings out  Grin
If I win,send here please, lol ...
XvD1DHXbSbBRmzCtRJNrm23YWJCcQvT1RA

read good Smiley i bet we hit it before 1p.m gmt. Your and mine 1 drk vs MastrrMined710

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:33:23 PM

Regards.

Regards.

I am 99% certain that when you get home your funds will be safely in your wallet.  As other people have said, the missing 70DRK are probably in a "change address" which you haven't loaded into the Drake balance software yet.
justing2867

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:51:40 PM

I'am really interessted on starting on Alternative coins world . not sure which one tho . Darkcoin seems to be very interessting also very annonymus more then Bitcoin which can be very useful . and some people told me that there is a pump on the price too .
is OP the creator of Darkcoin ? I really don't know what to choose between Dogecoin , Litecoin & Darkcoin .

~ Madness

Darkcoin currently has the best community, developer team, and innovations in design out of any coin I know of. I bought in during the "pump" and there are massive buy walls supporting the price right now. I expect the price to rise very much in the coming month. Dogecoin and Litecoin are slowly wilting away. Darkcoin is the only coin I can see surviving.
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 02:04:45 PM

~ Madness

Darkcoin currently has the best community, developer team, and innovations in design out of any coin I know of. I bought in during the "pump" and there are massive buy walls supporting the price right now. I expect the price to rise very much in the coming month. Dogecoin and Litecoin are slowly wilting away. Darkcoin is the only coin I can see surviving.

+1 You are on the money here..

Looks like 12H MACD is about to flicker green for what would be first time since Feb 15th..

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 02:24:27 PM

Regards.

Regards.

Go to your debug inside your wallet and use the command: listaddressgroupings.   
You will see all addresses and balance on in which are in your wallet.dat file.

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 02:25:36 PM

~ Madness

+1 You are on the money here..

Looks like 12H MACD is about to flicker green for what would be first time since Feb 15th..

@madness

You can learn about the project by listening to this interview with Evan the lead developer and OP of this thread. It covers everything, it just needs one clarification, InstantX transactions are confirmed in 4 seconds, the interview was before the release and we were estimating 20 seconds at the time.  Cheesy

Recent interview with Evan Duffield lead developer of DRK.

https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/beyond-bitcoin-26-darkcoin
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 02:29:17 PM

If you have DS denominated funds they are going to be distributed amongst dozens or hundreds of different addresses. So if you had that 70DRK in your wallet then hit Start Mixing, they aren't going to be in the original address any more. You said that you could see on the blockchain that the funds hadn't moved though...
bandidorl

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 03:14:10 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2015, 04:05:44 PM by bandidorl

I was installing Drake´s Darkcoin balance app, adding my MNs and my home wallet and when I have finally added my home wallet my balance was less than expected, exactly 70 DRK less, I  have checked blockexplorer to know what can be happened but there is no trace of transactions since 10/02/2015 so I assume my funds are gone.

Regards.

Regards.

Yes, you are really helpful, all of you were right, my money is still in my wallet splitted in no less than 11 address, the main address plus 10 other change address.

Thanks to all people that help noobs like me to understand better how Darkcoin works.

Regards.

EDIT: Thanks for clarification of distinction between wallet and address
bandidorl

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 03:16:04 PM

If you have DS denominated funds they are going to be distributed amongst dozens or hundreds of different addresses. So if you had that 70DRK in your wallet then hit Start Mixing, they aren't going to be in the original address any more. You said that you could see on the blockchain that the funds hadn't moved though...

Haven´t denominated nothing yet, I assume that if your wallet is compromised (not my case fortunately) the first to do by the hacker is to change wallet passphrase and denominate funds to erase all traces of where the money is.

Regards.
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 03:32:45 PM

Regards.

Regards.

Yes, you are really helpful, all of you were right, my money is still in my wallet splitted in no less than 11 wallets address, the main wallet Address (create automatically with the wallet) plus 10 other change wallets address.

Thanks to all people that help noobs like me to understand better how Darkcoin works.

Regards.

Hey, (I corrected your post)

Just to speak the same language, and not confound wallet and address.

Your wallet (walet.dat) contain lot of addresses.
All explorer show the balance of one ADDRESS.
patrolman

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 04:01:47 PM

btw, i don't accept drk for my business, because i don't know how to handle that tax and invoice stuff with drk.
my tax consultant doesn't even know what crypto is.

I'm with you in not knowing exactly how to handle taxation and invoices with crypto, I'm sure there are plenty of others in the same boat. And no doubt your tax consultant is not the only one oblivious to crypto - perhaps there is a niche in the market...
rickraw

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 04:05:28 PM

Everytime the price gets to my buy range, I put in an order and a bunch of other orders fill in above  Angry grrrrr

DASH - Private. Instant. Digital Cash.   DASHPAY.IO
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 04:11:23 PM

btw, i don't accept drk for my business, because i don't know how to handle that tax and invoice stuff with drk.

I'm with you in not knowing exactly how to handle taxation and invoices with crypto, I'm sure there are plenty of others in the same boat. And no doubt your tax consultant is not the only one oblivious to crypto - perhaps there is a niche in the market...

That is one good thing about the United States (namely the IRS) is they have guided pretty clearly how to treat things--keeping record of the price on the day of acceptance and the equivalent converted value to fiat as income with any conversion at a later date resulting in a gain considered capital gains. The biggest takeaway is keeping records of everything in case rulings change and being consistent with your price source and treatment.

I think the whole thing is shit anyway... trying to treat things as property (IRS standpoint) with other regulations AML/KYC treating it as currency.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 04:11:54 PM

We accept drk at our winery no problem.  We total the invoice... Do a real time covert from fiat to the current drk price and that's it.  The tax is built into the fiat invoice and we just write on the invoice what the customer pays.  I could see a simple app someone can make that spits out the invoice in drk with the taxes % shown in drk too.

PS of course we just submit fiat to cra (canada) as they don't care how we got paid ad long as we are submitting on fiat the taxes on the fiat total. Wink

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
alex-ru
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 04:13:21 PM

~ Madness

Have a look: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/darkcoin-an-assessment-of-its-investment-potential.4140/

Pages: « 1 ... 4054 4055 4056 4057 4058 4059 4060 4061 4062 4063 4064 4065 4066 4067 4068 4069 4070 4071 4072 4073 4074 4075 4076 4077 4078 4079 4080 4081 4082 4083 4084 4085 4086 4087 4088 4089 4090 4091 4092 4093 4094 4095 4096 4097 4098 4099 4100 4101 4102 4103 [4104] 4105 4106 4107 4108 4109 4110 4111 4112 4113 4114 4115 4116 4117 4118 4119 4120 4121 4122 4123 4124 4125 4126 4127 4128 4129 4130 4131 4132 4133 4134 4135 4136 4137 4138 4139 4140 4141 4142 4143 4144 4145 4146 4147 4148 4149 4150 4151 4152 4153 4154 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: