Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:30:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4053 4054 4055 4056 4057 4058 4059 4060 4061 4062 4063 4064 4065 4066 4067 4068 4069 4070 4071 4072 4073 4074 4075 4076 4077 4078 4079 4080 4081 4082 4083 4084 4085 4086 4087 4088 4089 4090 4091 4092 4093 4094 4095 4096 4097 4098 4099 4100 4101 4102 [4103] 4104 4105 4106 4107 4108 4109 4110 4111 4112 4113 4114 4115 4116 4117 4118 4119 4120 4121 4122 4123 4124 4125 4126 4127 4128 4129 4130 4131 4132 4133 4134 4135 4136 4137 4138 4139 4140 4141 4142 4143 4144 4145 4146 4147 4148 4149 4150 4151 4152 4153 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:55:14 AM

For fun, do any of the regular posters want to bet me about what time block 227120 will arrive  Grin
I will stake 1 full darkcoin on block 227120 coming in before 1PM GMT friday afternoon,  do you want to bet it will come after 1 PM , does anyone dare me, I promise to stand by the bet  Cool

Edit: Will come back and check in the morning, will take only the first 2 bets if there are more than one, dont want to lose too much! ...
We should hit this block about 12:25 GMT Wink I put 1 drk for it, so if someone have other thinking let`s bet Cheesy

1+1 of ours bet, so 2 drk for hiting the block before 1GMT Cheesy
I bet ya'll are right, at least i hope so because my mn's should be getting paid on saturday.  Grin
Finally some good luck!
I love watching the increases and saved the links everyone posted, thanks.
40% is huge but 50% will be very symbolic. The future is bright for darkcoin.
Accepted, so if we hit this block afte 1PM GMT we send you 1  drk each Smiley if not you send us 1 drk Smiley

Excellent Splawik21 to play the game  Grin I was not expecting someone else to take my side of the bet but if thats ok with MasterMined710 and yourself, its fine with me. For my end, the betting is now closed, am working on friday but will check in the late afternooon to sort our winnings out  Grin
If I win,send here please, lol ...
XvD1DHXbSbBRmzCtRJNrm23YWJCcQvT1RA

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:56:39 AM

Viking VPN now accepting DRK !

https://vikingvpn.com/blogs/transparency/vikingvpn-is-adding-darkcoin-drk-support

Grin Grin Grin
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:58:55 AM

Is Etherium going to blow us away by allowing perfect anonymous crypto's to be hosted on their blockchain at the drop of a few lines of code ?

Is DRK going to be consigned to the anals of experimental history by Etherium ?
BiteMyShinyMetalAss

Activity: 617
Merit: 509

Crypto Card - https://platinum.crypto.com/r/28cz7d

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:02:12 AM

Is Etherium going to blow us away by allowing perfect anonymous crypto's to be hosted on their blockchain at the drop of a few lines of code ?

Could you perhaps elaborate on this one? 

The best lending rates in 1 place www.21bitcoin.eu/interests
NEXO, CELSIUS, CDC and other tax reports www.21bitcoin.eu
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:05:34 AM

yes, she ask me to use my renderings. They are free for commercial use for everybody.

I am in awe! I hope you make a comfortable living otherwise for such generosity toward what I usually call leeches shames me.

BTW - I use all your work. On my coffee cups, as my desktop (ONYX render looks fantastic as the wallpaper) etc., and am a big fan!
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:24:20 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2015, 09:40:11 AM by toknormal

Since currencies can now be created at the drop of a hat using Etherium's high level language, I'm wondering if it renders much of the "Bitcoin 1.0" developments redundant or not. i.e. brings together the best of both worlds in altcoins and sidechains.

For example it's been suggested that an anonymous currency could be simply created in Etherium by the following technique:

Full thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/2b7gpd/will_the_underlying_currency_ether_have_anonymity/

I'd like to thrash this out before we get drowned in fud over it when Etherium launches in a few weeks / months time.
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:24:48 AM

yes, she ask me to use my renderings. They are free for commercial use for everybody.

I am in awe! I hope you make a comfortable living otherwise for such generosity toward what I usually call leeches shames me.

BTW - I use all your work. On my coffee cups, as my desktop (ONYX render looks fantastic as the wallpaper) etc., and am a big fan!

i do 3d all day long, i have my own small business and can spend some time on these renderings.
Btw, it's pretty simple to setup such a pic:
the 3d safe was free: http://www.cgtrader.com/free-3d-models/architectural-interior/office-commercial/safe-3d-model
the mask was modelled in 2 minutes, the stopwatch was also free: http://archibase.co/download/4a2d9d06.html.
You just need to download the models, import them, texture and arange them in your scene, put some light in it and hit render. 1.5 hours in total, inclusive 20 min rendertime.

Yes, simple I guess for you smart people; nothing is simple for a n00b like me Sad

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:48:55 AM

Since currencies can now be created at the drop of a hat using Etherium's high level language, I'm wondering if it renders much of the "Bitcoin 1.0" developments redundant or not. i.e. brings together the best of both worlds in altcoins and sidechains.

For example it's been suggested that an anonymous currency could be simply created in Etherium by the following technique:

Full thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/2b7gpd/will_the_underlying_currency_ether_have_anonymity/

I'd like to thrash this out before we get drowned in fud over it when Etherium launches in a few weeks / months time.

Sure, you can write what you want in a high level language, after you or someone else has written the other fifteen layers of toolchain between that and the metal.

Disney will have to release a working Magic Wand before anything actually useful will be running on ethereum.
illodin

Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:02:50 AM

AnonyMint doesn't think too highly of the chances of Ethereum's success:

This Article on Ethereum is very exciting.  http://motherboard.vice.com/read/smart-contracts-sound-boring-but-theyre-more-disruptive-than-bitcoin

I dont believe ETH has everything worked out or that it will be final form of the technology. I do not believe ETH will be able to capture most of the value being created either. However, this is a definitely a major step forward and it is very exciting.

A programmable blockchain is of course very exciting for any programmer. But as I wrote in a prior post of your thread, Ethereum has a fundamental error in their design—every node in the consensus network recomputes the script to verify it. That is the antithesis of decentralization. They will need centralized censorship and a script whitelist, or a cap on script computation bandwidth. No peers can opt out of that computation, so the network computation bandwidth is limited to the weakest CPU peer. SNARKs technology is a potential solution, but it is not yet a realizable solution and may never be.

IMO, that is just dumb.

Vitalik has produced other dumb designs too (I guess we all have at one time or another). Originally Charles asked me before he started to work Vitalik about Vitalik's original whitepaper (before Ethereum) PoW algorithm and I blew holes in it, which have hence been publicly admitted by Vitalik. Vitalik is math smart (smarter than myself), but appears to be common sense dumb. Typical geek trade-off.

I had proposed months ago that a more decentralized solution for a programmable block chain is to let each script be an orthogonal merge mined block chain. So then consensus network peers can opt in and out. This also allows more competition on the design of the scripting language. The disadvantage is you just can't inject your script and have it run (need to convince peers to run it) unless that chain runs a scripting language that has a cap on script computation bandwidth (i.e. just like Ethereum with the advantage of competing merge mined block chains). In my proposal the computation cap could be specified per block chain, so only peers with sufficient CPU power would mine it. Thus weaker CPU power peers could mine chains with a lower computation cap.

I don't agree that Ethereum is doing very well. I think they will be an enormous bust and they are just expending a lot of zealot money while receiving nice salaries, capital gains,and having fun attending conferences and socializing. The fundamental issues were never solved.
kiindje

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:14:58 AM

zzzz, but no darkcoin payment option Sad
Honest Tim

Activity: 768

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:24:45 AM

zzzz, but no darkcoin payment option Sad

Yeah, because nothing shows how much you believe in your coin like........ not accepting it.
How about in future you stipulate that your work is freely available to be stuck on stuff to be sold, only if it is traded for Darkcoin?

EDIT > exclusively rather!
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:41:24 AM

In case any of you professionals have any problems
buying (more) DRK  Roll Eyes

We made some guides
(for Newcomers)  Cool

Shapeshift
www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIadmZQgt9s

Buy / Exchange BTC - DRK Cryptsy Guide
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uB4QyRW604

Tx to
buster
XgqwCmH1fGPMCj2RRPDDWAPAnpiZubBx8Y
+
darkred
Xxe241iD51bDntgzdJvmgKgbp4MUb9bgBx

bandidorl

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:10:50 AM

Hello, I´m having problems with my home wallet, seems some funds have dissapeared suddenly, I can´t connect directly to wallet because I am at work and I´m a bit anxious because it.

The blockexplorer doesn´t reflect any recent transaction but the funds are gone.

Anyone knows what can be happened?

Regards.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:28:45 AM

Hello, I´m having problems with my home wallet, seems some funds have dissapeared suddenly, I can´t connect directly to wallet because I am at work and I´m a bit anxious because it.

The blockexplorer doesn´t reflect any recent transaction but the funds are gone.

Regards.

So you sent funds and left the house? Probably the tx didn't broadcast. Was it IX? Don't worry, they're never just gone.
When you get home open it with -zapwallettxes

By the way, I need to upgrade some of my wallets to 61000, is it -upgradewallet, or -walletupgrade?
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:30:35 AM

Regards.

Your coins live on the distributed blockchain. Your wallet is just the gateway. If they are on the blockchain they're 'still there.'

Maybe your wallet.dat file has become corrupted? Load a backup, or import your privkey(s) into a fresh wallet. You do have backups and hard copies of your privkey(s), right?

Or maybe your local copy of the blockchain is borked. Relaunch it with -rescan.

If you 'can't connect directly to your wallet' how do you know what it's showing anyway?
bandidorl

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:35:57 AM

Regards.

So you sent funds and left the house? Probably the tx didn't broadcast. Was it IX? Don't worry, they're never just gone.

By the way, I need to upgrade some of my wallets to 61000, is it -upgradewallet, or -walletupgrade?

No sorry, perhaps I haven´t explained it very well

I was installing Drake´s Darkcoin balance app, adding my MNs and my home wallet and when I have finally added my home wallet my balance was less than expected, exactly 70 DRK less, I  have checked blockexplorer to know what can be happened but there is no trace of transactions since 10/02/2015 so I assume my funds are gone.

What I don´t know is how can it be possible? Has been my wallet compromised? I have a very strong passphrase but the reality is the funds are gone atm. When I get home I will check the wallet but in the meantime I have to wait nearly 3 hours and I´m a bit anxious because I don´t understand what is happening.

Regards.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:37:29 AM

It's -upgradewallet. CLI options are all under Help > command-line options if you're using the QT client.
cakir
Legendary

Activity: 1274

★ BitClave ICO: 15/09/17 ★

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 11:39:15 AM

Regards.

I was installing Drake´s Darkcoin balance app, adding my MNs and my home wallet and when I have finally added my home wallet my balance was less than expected, exactly 70 DRK less, I  have checked blockexplorer to know what can be happened but there is no trace of transactions since 10/02/2015 so I assume my funds are gone.

What I don´t know is how can it be possible? Has been my wallet compromised? I have a very strong passphrase but the reality is the funds are gone atm. When I get home I will check the wallet but in the meantime I have to wait nearly 3 hours and I´m a bit anxious because I don´t understand what is happening.

Regards.

If you're not using coin control; wallet automatically created a change adress which is not shown by default.
Your coins are probably in your wallet don't worry. Just open and sync it when you can.

,'#██+:                 
              ,█████████████'             
            +██████████████████           
          ;██████████████████████         
         ███████:         .███████`       
        ██████               ;█████'      
      `█████                   #████#     
      ████+                     `████+    
     ████:                        ████,   
    ████:    .#              █     ████   
   ;███+     ██             ███     ████  
   ████     ███'            ███.    '███, 
  +███     #████           ,████     ████ 
  ████     █████ .+██████: █████+    `███.
 ,███     ███████████████████████     ████
 ████     ███████████████████████'    :███
 ███:    +████████████████████████     ███`
 ███     █████████████████████████`    ███+
,███     ██████████████████████████    #███
'███    '██████████████████████████    ;███
#███    ███████████████████████████    ,███
████    ███████████████████████████.   .███
████    ███████████████████████████'   .███
+███    ███████████████████████████+   :███
:███    ███████████████████████████'   +███
 ███    ███████████████████████████.   ███#
 ███.   #██████████████████████████    ███,
 ████    █████████████████████████+   `███
 '███    '████████████████████████    ████
  ███;    ███████████████████████     ███;
  ████     #████████████████████     ████ 
   ███#     .██████████████████     `███+ 
   ████`      ;██████████████       ████  
    ████         '███████#.        ████.  
    .████                         █████   
     '████                       █████    
      #████'                    █████     
       +█████`                ██████      
        ,██████:           `███████       
          ████████#;,..:+████████.        
           ,███████████████████+          
             .███████████████;            
                `+███████#,               
Madness

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 11:40:04 AM

I'am really interessted on starting on Alternative coins world . not sure which one tho . Darkcoin seems to be very interessting also very annonymus more then Bitcoin which can be very useful . and some people told me that there is a pump on the price too .
is OP the creator of Darkcoin ? I really don't know what to choose between Dogecoin , Litecoin & Darkcoin .

~ Madness

thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:41:41 AM

I was installing Drake´s Darkcoin balance app, adding my MNs and my home wallet and when I have finally added my home wallet my balance was less than expected, exactly 70 DRK less, I  have checked blockexplorer to know what can be happened but there is no trace of transactions since 10/02/2015 so I assume my funds are gone.

Regards.

If the DRK is still shown at the correct address in the block explorer, they are by definition NOT gone.

Sounds like this 3rd party app you're using is either broken or you've made some mistake with it.
Pages: « 1 ... 4053 4054 4055 4056 4057 4058 4059 4060 4061 4062 4063 4064 4065 4066 4067 4068 4069 4070 4071 4072 4073 4074 4075 4076 4077 4078 4079 4080 4081 4082 4083 4084 4085 4086 4087 4088 4089 4090 4091 4092 4093 4094 4095 4096 4097 4098 4099 4100 4101 4102 [4103] 4104 4105 4106 4107 4108 4109 4110 4111 4112 4113 4114 4115 4116 4117 4118 4119 4120 4121 4122 4123 4124 4125 4126 4127 4128 4129 4130 4131 4132 4133 4134 4135 4136 4137 4138 4139 4140 4141 4142 4143 4144 4145 4146 4147 4148 4149 4150 4151 4152 4153 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: