Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:52:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4790 4791 4792 4793 4794 4795 4796 4797 4798 4799 4800 4801 4802 4803 4804 4805 4806 4807 4808 4809 4810 4811 4812 4813 4814 4815 4816 4817 4818 4819 4820 4821 4822 4823 4824 4825 4826 4827 4828 4829 4830 4831 4832 4833 4834 4835 4836 4837 4838 4839 [4840] 4841 4842 4843 4844 4845 4846 4847 4848 4849 4850 4851 4852 4853 4854 4855 4856 4857 4858 4859 4860 4861 4862 4863 4864 4865 4866 4867 4868 4869 4870 4871 4872 4873 4874 4875 4876 4877 4878 4879 4880 4881 4882 4883 4884 4885 4886 4887 4888 4889 4890 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
mjsrs

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 11:44:46 PM

Thanks for the warning about Poloniex.

You couldn't see me for dust.

b.t.w. to those who were moaning about Bitfinex not rebranding, they have actually changed the name. It's just the ticker they didn't change but lots of currencies have tickers which are nothing like the name - specially the anons which mostly start with X. The ticker might not have been trivial if they actually used it as a database key (which is a stupid thing to do but lots of people do it).

Can't see that change.
I don't get why you and others think that's ok for them to not use the official ticker. Imagine that all exchanges did the same and there wouldn't be a rebrand.
I'm sure front end can be changed without the need to change the backend, it's just text...They claim is for consistence but where is the consistence on having it wrong?
Also there is no mention about the rebrand as they said would be doing: "Darkcoin mention will be clarified to avoid confusion"
They are not providing a good service for costumers/DASH, period.
Guess I'll keep moaning!

https://dash-stats.com XoPGniokL6rRahoKviBza8oqWSTyUQPkAF

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 11:51:10 PM

b.t.w. to those who were moaning about Bitfinex not rebranding, they have actually changed the name. It's just the ticker they didn't change but lots of currencies have tickers which are nothing like the name - specially the anons which mostly start with X. The ticker might not have been trivial if they actually used it as a database key (which is a stupid thing to do but lots of people do it).

Can't see that change.
I don't get why you and others think that's ok for them to not use the official ticker. Imagine that all exchanges did the same and there wouldn't be a rebrand.
I'm sure front end can be changed without the need to change the backend, it's just text...They claim is for consistence but where is the consistence on having it wrong?
Also there is no mention about the rebrand as they said would be doing: "Darkcoin mention will be clarified to avoid confusion"
Guess I'll keep moaning!

The irony is you using DRK in your signature Tongue
mjsrs

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 11:54:09 PM

Can't see that change.
Guess I'll keep moaning!

The irony is you using DRK in your signature Tongue

LOL really...
not anymore

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 12:11:33 AM

I don't get why you and others think that's ok for them to not use the official ticker

They should use the official ticker, but is there one ?

Who decides what the ticker should be ? The devs or the exchanges ? Is there a cryptocurrency central authority to rule on tickers?

I agree though, it's less confusing if exchanges use consistent tickers.
mjsrs

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 12:24:44 AM

I don't get why you and others think that's ok for them to not use the official ticker

They should use the official ticker, but is there one ?

Who decides what the ticker should be ? The devs or the exchanges ? Is there a cryptocurrency central authority to rule on tickers?

I agree though, it's less confusing if exchanges use consistent tickers.

I take the one on this announcement as the official:
https://www.dashpay.io/news/darkcoin-is-now-dash/
Is expectable that those who read this announcement will try to find DASH ticker instead of DRK on services like an exchange.

Your questions would take us to the rebrand period and discuss who decides what...and the answer is the devs!

Kuriso

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 01:36:46 AM

Since there is talk about polo's new changes, I thought I would post this here.  OMK posted this link for me.

http://www.fincen.gov/financial_institutions/msb/pdf/31CFR10320.pdf

I haven't seen this and thought it was interesting.  Maybe a few others will too.  Has to do with their requirement to report "suspicious transactions".
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 02:02:59 AM

Actually a really engaging dialogue on polo troll box...for once.  This is all starting to make people think.  Its going to be the challenge of our age...how to fight the over reach of global powers on what should be our private lives.  As the world gets smaller...the fight will be on for the control of everything.  Not a conspiracy type...but this is starting to weight on me.

I have a funny suspicion that the next 5 to 10 years are going to get interesting around here(world). 

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
Bridgewater

Activity: 133

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 02:59:32 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2015, 03:15:39 AM by Bridgewater

The wild west is being tamed.

Necessity being the mother of invention - decentralised p2peer exchanges have to happen.
And very carefully so that no party is classified as a money transmitter.

Where is shapeshift based? This sort of thing would sort of mess up their whole utility model.

Given that Voorhees is behind it, not in the US, but looking at their domain registrar, it looks like Canada.

Looks like it is Swiss-based, from their "about" section:

About ShapeShift

ShapeShift is a Swiss web and API platform formed in August of 2014 to provide instant Bitcoin and altcoin conversion with the maximum level of consumer protection and efficiency.

Users do not have to create accounts, deposit funds, or provide private personal information. This keeps the users safe from identity or financial theft  a critical improvement in exchange technology.

The company has a strict “No Fiat” policy, meaning it does not use banks or political currencies anywhere in its operations.

A quick read through their FAQ also reveals they are not very fond of US-based privacy invasions...

What country is data kept for privacy protection?
ShapeShift runs multiple servers in many different countries for redundancy purposes, none of our servers are hosted in the US.

Edit: Maybe Switzerland is the go-to place for crypto businesses that want to preserve customer privacy.  This Shapeshift thing is looking appealing as a way to spend anonymous Dash at places which still only accept bitcoin...

Xapo Moves to Switzerland Citing Customer Privacy Concerns
http://www.coindesk.com/xapo-switzerland-privacy-concerns/
imbladednow

Activity: 481

Woking as a binman sucks.

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 03:04:32 AM

Sold more dash today, felt awesome.

I need crypto in my life and garbage out of it.
Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 03:20:21 AM

..... That moment when you realize your masternode was skipped for payment and you can't find it listed on the mn list site any more. VPS is humming along though so....
Wtf.

Had my second round of this nonsense.
It's not on digital ocean by any chance?

Very frustrating. Nope, not Digital Ocean.

My dashd was completely gone from my VPS. Had to delete and start off brand new. Wtf Vultr, wtf. I never did breach my credit amount either. They just straight up cleared out everything installed on my instance except the OS. Bizarre.
Bright side is I'm now on the .23 install so can vote for MN stuff....if only there was a guide.
JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 03:40:01 AM

It feels Awesome buying them...thanks for the DASH Wink

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1075

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 03:40:13 AM

Just in, margin trading on Polo & two days notice to do KYC info or they'll likely freeze your funds:

Greetings from Poloniex!

We're happy to announce that Margin Trading with Peer-to-Peer Lending is now available at Poloniex! You can now borrow funds from lending users to open long and short positions with 2.5x leverage on our XMR, DASH, XPR and LTC Margin Trading platform. You can also loan funds in the same selected markets in 1 day intervals at up to 5% interest.

In addition, we are requiring that all users provide us with their first name, last name, and country of origin by May 20th, 2015. This information is mandatory for all users and all withdrawals. Go to your Profile page to get started.

The Poloniex Team

Otoh Edit: so get your funds off there pronto if you'd rather not...

Edit 2, you need to provide the info to even see your present balances

Edit 3, UK is found under G (Great Britain maybe), Spain under E (España)
Actually a really engaging dialogue on polo troll box...for once.  This is all starting to make people think.  Its going to be the challenge of our age...how to fight the over reach of global powers on what should be our private lives.  As the world gets smaller...the fight will be on for the control of everything.  Not a conspiracy type...but this is starting to weight on me.

I have a funny suspicion that the next 5 to 10 years are going to get interesting around here(world).  

got in with 370 btc last week at 230, this week we should be going over 250s Tongue , btc isnt pumping , its undervalued and smart money is buying it up Cool
Its not undervalued. Its rightly valued atm.  Don't expect the price to move upward in the coming 2-3 months, just hope that the dumpers wont dominate the market again.

sorry bro, but i fully expect the price to move upward in the coming 2-3months, we are at a very crucial period, http://www.coindesk.com/swedens-nasdaq-exchange-approves-bitcoin-based-etn/   is one of many reasons. With regulation so near they are stocking up. Once regulated the biggest changes will be in exchanges and coin storage as both will now be fully insured against theft etc. Exchanges will have to comply with the new rules which will mean full id of all users, in return for giving the id you will feel safe knowing your coins are insured. Banks will offer services based on btc and will make it easier and safer for the avergae joe to buy/hold and trade as long as tax is paid.

http://www.coindesk.com/nasdaq-bitcoin-marketplace-noble/   heres another
guys am glad you both picked up on this, we should all be communicating and working together on these issues, it doesnt matter who owns what coin..we all love crypto.

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 03:43:04 AM

..... That moment when you realize your masternode was skipped for payment and you can't find it listed on the mn list site any more. VPS is humming along though so....
Wtf.

Had my second round of this nonsense.
It's not on digital ocean by any chance?

Very frustrating. Nope, not Digital Ocean.

My dashd was completely gone from my VPS. Had to delete and start off brand new. Wtf Vultr, wtf. I never did breach my credit amount either. They just straight up cleared out everything installed on my instance except the OS. Bizarre.
Bright side is I'm now on the .23 install so can vote for MN stuff....if only there was a guide.
JL

It's good to have latest software on MN but you only need local wallet to vote.  Roll Eyes

How To Vote

To vote, simply copy your masternode.conf into your dash directory, open the software then execute the command “masternode vote-many yea” or “masternode vote-many nay”.

To vote with a single masternode you can use the command “masternode vote yea” or “masternode vote nay”.

To view the voting progress you will need to update your client due to a bug in the current version that clears out votes after 8 hours. Once you update this will not be an issue, the command to view the voting progress is “masternode list votes”. This is not a mandatory update, masternodes do not need to update, only users that want to follow the vote on their clients.

Voting will begin immediately and be open for 2 weeks. We will consider the vote successful if at any time we have 51% of the masternodes support.

To update visit https://www.darkcoin.io/downloads, this update is NOT required for anyone but those that would like to view the progress of the vote.
https://dashtalk.org/threads/vote-self-sustainable-decentralized-governance-by-blockchain.4825/

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
oaxaca

Activity: 671

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 03:45:54 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2015, 02:35:20 PM by oaxaca

Wtf Vultr

Ditch them.  Here's a hint:

http://lowendbox.com/

tldr?  How about $8.00USD / Year
-----------------------------------------------------
EDIT, real link:

https://core.weloveservers.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=93
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 04:52:41 AM

This kind of fits in with what I was saying to my daughter today.  I said people want to control other people.  It's in our nature or something.  My mother wants to control me, my sister wants to control me, my husband wants to control me, religions want to control their congregations.  Everyone always knows what is best for someone else.  Even I was freaking out with my eldest because she wouldn't get her stuff moved to her new place in a timely manner, it was driving me insane!  LOL.

Anyway, this is exactly what happens with government and people who think more government is better because people can't take care of themselves.  And it all goes round and round, and we have to constantly fight tooth and nail for our freedom.  And at it's worst, those in control stagnate everyone's lives and live off the little sweat that can be beaten out of the population.

And yet, the people have no clue.....

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
oaxaca

Activity: 671

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:07:56 AM

Edit: Maybe Switzerland is the go-to place for crypto businesses that want to preserve customer privacy.  This Shapeshift thing is looking appealing as a way to spend anonymous Dash at places which still only accept bitcoin...

Xapo Moves to Switzerland Citing Customer Privacy Concerns
http://www.coindesk.com/xapo-switzerland-privacy-concerns/

Switzerland #1 as of 2013

http://www.financialsecrecyindex.com/introduction/fsi-2013-results
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:42:57 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2015, 10:28:31 AM by Sub-Ether

Anyway, this is exactly what happens with government and people who think more government is better because people can't take care of themselves.  And it all goes round and round, and we have to constantly fight tooth and nail for our freedom.  And at it's worst, those in control stagnate everyone's lives and live off the little sweat that can be beaten out of the population.

And yet, the people have no clue.....

Sub-Ether's sweeping generalization of the day :-

There are 2 types of people in this world, those that want to be left alone and those that will NOT leave you alone.

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
Honest Tim

Activity: 768
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 07:46:34 AM

@JL, That really sucks JL. I hope you had a snapshot. (guessing you didn't though)

@oaxaca, Excellent, thanks. On the shopping cart link don't you mean $38? Still great value though.
the-baker

Activity: 127

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:24:07 AM

Not sure if this was posted already, but does anyone know how to fix the BitcoinWisdom problem with the Cryptsy DRKBTC tracker? Since a couple of days, it shows me only a handful of data points from 2015-10-02. I don't want to have to wait until October to use the site again...
pille

Activity: 436

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:58:58 AM

@JL, That really sucks JL. I hope you had a snapshot. (guessing you didn't though)

@oaxaca, Excellent, thanks. On the shopping cart link don't you mean $38? Still great value though.

$8.00USD / Year is a lie (what I can see). You hosting MNs on weloveservers yourself oaxaca?
Pages: « 1 ... 4790 4791 4792 4793 4794 4795 4796 4797 4798 4799 4800 4801 4802 4803 4804 4805 4806 4807 4808 4809 4810 4811 4812 4813 4814 4815 4816 4817 4818 4819 4820 4821 4822 4823 4824 4825 4826 4827 4828 4829 4830 4831 4832 4833 4834 4835 4836 4837 4838 4839 [4840] 4841 4842 4843 4844 4845 4846 4847 4848 4849 4850 4851 4852 4853 4854 4855 4856 4857 4858 4859 4860 4861 4862 4863 4864 4865 4866 4867 4868 4869 4870 4871 4872 4873 4874 4875 4876 4877 4878 4879 4880 4881 4882 4883 4884 4885 4886 4887 4888 4889 4890 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: