Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:32:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4838 4839 4840 4841 4842 4843 4844 4845 4846 4847 4848 4849 4850 4851 4852 4853 4854 4855 4856 4857 4858 4859 4860 4861 4862 4863 4864 4865 4866 4867 4868 4869 4870 4871 4872 4873 4874 4875 4876 4877 4878 4879 4880 4881 4882 4883 4884 4885 4886 4887 [4888] 4889 4890 4891 4892 4893 4894 4895 4896 4897 4898 4899 4900 4901 4902 4903 4904 4905 4906 4907 4908 4909 4910 4911 4912 4913 4914 4915 4916 4917 4918 4919 4920 4921 4922 4923 4924 4925 4926 4927 4928 4929 4930 4931 4932 4933 4934 4935 4936 4937 4938 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722518 times)
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 01:07:36 AM

a friendly warning to Cryptopia Exchange

This is how they act when their scam is threatened.

You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 01:14:04 AM

Are you fucking threating me? because you know my location and know I have kids?

LOL  Grin   ...i'm cool man  Cheesy

i'm just warning you about what these guys do.....i don't own a single darkcoin/dash
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 01:22:42 AM

Are you fucking threating me? because you know my location and know I have kids?

LOL  Grin   ...i'm cool man  Cheesy

i'm just warning you about what these guys do.....i don't own a single darkcoin/dash

Oh right, my names Adam, It got confusing Smiley

EDIT: so DASH are threatening people children, WTF!!!!!

ROFL, your name is Adam? oh god! gotta watch your back here... they have an issue with someone whose BTCtalk name is Adam too.
Tired_of_Trolls

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 01:31:42 AM

http://oi60.tinypic.com/v5g0lf.jpg
http://oi60.tinypic.com/v5g0lf.jpg

aaaaarghhh I guess these trolls have nothing else to do with their lives...

While DASH works they keep their babycryings

Word getting about...

https://i.imgur.com/0af96sT.png
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 01:53:28 AM

What are you on about?  One of hundreds of community members of DASH, one was rude on another thread and suddenly we're all horrible?  If you could only look back at all the trolling we've had to put up with, and still have to put up with, you would see that most of us have been more than patient, mature and even kind.  We've even had other coin developers themselves come here to troll.   Most of us ignore the trolls, try to be polite and are hear because we love the idea of Crypto succeeding.  The DASH developers are the most up and up in the crypto coin space.  I can't help what other people do, but I suspect our friend lost it for some reason I don't understand.  He's a great guy, but sometimes he sees things differently and can become rabidly protective of DASH.  Usually, when someone has a chance to give him another perspective, he comes around.  We're all communities of people from all walks of life and all dispositions.  Forums are easy targets to let off steam, which is unfortunate, because when you do, it can bite you in the ass.

As far as threatening you and your children, I didn't see that anywhere.  Where did that come from?

Edit:  Oh, arielbit is a troll who is on my ignore list.  So is Adam White.

Edit2:  Kyle was a good friend of Evan's and helped him start Darkcoin.  Unfortunately, he was a loose canon.  I actually hope they're still friends, but that's none of our business.  The comment from Light was NOT a threat, but rather an admonishment that a person with a family should act more maturely.  Adam white is quoting out of context and just stirring up issues that happened a year ago (an incident where Kyle was a bit obnoxious on the official twitter account).  That is part of our ancient history again.  Give me a break....!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Tired_of_Trolls

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 02:09:14 AM

What are you on about?  One of hundreds of community members of DASH, one was rude on another thread and suddenly we're all horrible?  If you could only look back at all the trolling we've had to put up with, and still have to put up with, you would see that most of us have been more than patient, mature and even kind.  We've even had other coin developers themselves come here to troll.   Most of us ignore the trolls, try to be polite and are hear because we love the idea of Crypto succeeding.  The DASH developers are the most up and up in the crypto coin space.  I can't help what other people do, but I suspect our friend lost it for some reason I don't understand.  He's a great guy, but sometimes he sees things differently and can become rabidly protective of DASH.  Usually, when someone has a chance to give him another perspective, he comes around.  We're all communities of people from all walks of life and all dispositions.  Forums are easy targets to let off steam, which is unfortunate, because when you do, it can bite you in the ass.

As far as threatening you and your children, I didn't see that anywhere.  Where did that come from?

Edit:  Oh, arielbit is a troll who is on my ignore list.  So is Adam White.

Edit2:  Kyle was a good friend of Evan's and helped him start Darkcoin.  Unfortunately, he was a loose canon.  I actually hope they're still friends, but that's none of our business.  The comment from Light was NOT a threat, but rather an admonishment that a person with a family should act more maturely.  Adam white is quoting out of context and just stirring up issues that happened a year ago (an incident where Kyle was a bit obnoxious on the official twitter account).  That is part of our ancient history again.  Give me a break....!

Tante, thanks for trying. Sure, all such info is easily found,  but I guess these guys are not the least interested in knowing facts: they just want to troll and disturb... a shame.
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 02:18:07 AM

Reminder, gentle people, to check post history when something smells odd - especially odd newbie stuff.

It seems to have been a fairly effective thread hijack. I missed most of it thanks to the ignore button, but then some quotes snuck in and I had to peek.

Winding down now, I hope.            Wink
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 02:18:45 AM

Well, on a cool note, I learned about NFC from the German thread on dashtalk.org  Wink  That's really cool and of course I didn't know about it.  I remember when someone like Samsung was advertising that all you had to do was touch another phone, and you could transfer pictures, etc... I never looked into it, but that's cool stuff.  I found a cute kid (there I go again, young man) who explained it really well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp5il7yhM4Y

Anyway, Aldi (who I just heard on the news radio today, is opening new stores in California !!!  Yaaay!  (they own Trader Joes which we've had since I was a kid)  Anyways, Aldi is installing NFC enabled readers, according to the thread, and this could really start the non-credit card, pay with your phone revolution!  So that's pretty interesting.  Crowning said that the terminals aren't really equipped to handle extra encoding (for bitcoin or DASH) but I was wondering if a raspberry pi add-on could be created that could be a back end for these H5000 terminals.  Somebody could put them together as a kit for stores to add to their terminals for very little $$$.   Anyway, it would require someone with the know how to do, and I'm not that someone, LOL.

Um, disclaimer... I'm still on a regular flip phone with no instant messaging (still can't see the need, so stupid!)  LOL  Though I would LOVE an android phone, but we can't pay for the extra charges until we get a lot more financially solvent, LOL

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 03:02:44 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2015, 03:23:37 AM by qwizzie

very unprofessional behaviour for an exchange to unlist a coin for those specific reasons.
this does indeed reward you with a click of my ignore button as you been obviously compromised
by trolls into acting like this.

I can see why your exchange is so small, a small mindset brings small attention to your site. It's a good
thing so little Dash is traded on your exchange or we would have had to actively ask our members to avoid your
exchange for unprofessional behaviour .. no reason for that now.

Poor trolls, they actually think their posting in here will have some influence on the market or on this community.
Newsflash to you trolls out there : it's not working now, it was not working in the past and i'm pretty sure it won't work
in the future. All you guys really achieve with spreading fud in here or out there is more and more  people pressing the ignore button.
Oh well, a paid troll gotta troll to keep getting paid .. I understand.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 03:58:40 AM

So, I admit, I am not watching any news anymore, LOL.  I try to remember to look at what's up online, but I tend to go toward the science and technology sections, so I wasn't aware until this afternoon when I heard it on the radio, that the Feds were hacked and all Federal employees, past and present, have had their IDs, SS#s and personal information stolen.  This information wasn't even encrypted.  And they want to protect US with regulation?  Really?  And there is a possibility that all USA citizen's information was taken, not just the 2-4 million Federal employees.

And think about that.

2-4 million Federal employees.

That's just the FED.  That doesn't include state and city employees, etc...  I wonder what percentage of Americans work for the government in one form or another?  I was a city employee myself. 

Ah, internet to the rescue.  It's currently about 7% of ALL Americans that work for the government.  Don't you feel safe?  It's been as high as 7.5%.  And they can't even keep our information safe.  Really?

I know I'm late here, but I just heard this one.... and now I have to wonder if the Chinese know all about me and my family.  Not that I'd be of interest to them, but still, what an invasion of privacy!

busterzzz

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 04:34:55 AM

Let's talk Blockchain Proposal Thoughts. Here are mine.

https://dashdot.io/alpha/?p=185

I'm just gonna go ahead and quote this and respond like so.

And yup there we go. There it is. Just in case you didn't catch it the first time.

*edit
I figured I should comment on the article content because coingun makes a great point. I agree that it would be a good idea to aim the focus on getting wider acceptance from the cryptography/developer community.  I don't want to spoil the article by giving away his ideas but I must agree with the train of thought.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 05:07:09 AM

Let's talk Blockchain Proposal Thoughts. Here are mine.

https://dashdot.io/alpha/?p=185

I'm just gonna go ahead and quote this and respond like so.

And yup there we go. There it is. Just in case you didn't catch it the first time.

*edit
I figured I should comment on the article content because coingun makes a great point. I agree that it would be a good idea to aim the focus on getting wider acceptance from the cryptography/developer community.  I don't want to spoil the article by giving away his ideas but I must agree with the train of thought.

Problem is that I don't think we will EVER get the Bitcoin Core developers to give us the time of day.  I believe some of them were asked to do a review like Kristov did, but declined. 

And we have been attacked.  Many times now.  Each time, black hat or white, we fixed the issue.  Many security issues are simply solved because we use Bitcoin Core as our foundation, so it's not like we have to start from the beginning.  The question becomes, did any of DASH development create a security hole?  There have been some ways to trick the system, but they were dealt with.  There have been wallets stolen, but not due to inherent issues with DASH but with users being insecure.  I take chances myself whenever I had to restart my hot masternode.  It was always nerve wracking to me.  There is no way to be 100% secure, unless you burn all the information.  Then nobody will be able to access your coins, not even you, LOL. 

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 07:30:59 AM

i gotta say we are bouncing back from those last few dumps very very nicely and are also moving up ranks again
in the coinmarketcap (rank 6) : http://coinmarketcap.com/

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 07:53:25 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2015, 11:28:10 AM by toknormal

Problem is that I don't think we will EVER get the Bitcoin Core developers to give us the time of day.

They give us the time of alright, they just don't like to refer to Dash directly for fear of their appraisals being seen as potentially inflammatory.

Some of them belong to a school of thought (a flawed one IMO) that altcoins "detract" from bitcoin's network effect. Other vocabulary sich as "dilute" is often used. In fact, the reality is that cryptocurrency is not a natural monopoly as Andreas Antonopolis has often pointed out in his talks. Far from "diluting its network effect", the alt coin sphere, IMO, has massively contributed to the bitcoin ecosystem and enhanced it's reach like the slopes of a high mountain. For that matter you could reasonably measure bitcoin's marketcap as the sum of its own plus that of all altcoins, since they are all priced in bitcoin, it being the accepted reserve of the entire cryptocurrency economy.

See: 6:15
https://www.blockstream.com/developers/

7:01..."If you start up new cryptocurrencies all the time, all your doing is fragmenting the network effect". (No - you're enhancing the network effect. Consolidation comes with the maturation of this process, not from creating technically engineered monopolies  Smiley <-- (I like GM's presentations very much and he's got some fantastic insights but there are also quite a few big assumptions mixed in there IMO)

b.t.w. in this presentation, we're known as "the compatible group"  Wink ....at least in technical approach although I think in this case he's more specifically referring to anonymity solutions on the Bitcoin network like 3rd party mixing services etc.

See 41:00:

https://www.blockstream.com/developers/

(Confidential transactions section starts at 35:07)

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 08:09:38 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2015, 08:53:00 AM by qwizzie

http://www.wsj.com/articles/imf-greek-bailout-talks-stopped-amid-lack-of-progress-1434033497

for some more info about the current Greece Debt crisis.  

edit 1 : weird, this article just changed into a subscriber-view-only article.

edit 2 : lets just say the situation is dire at the moment, very very dire.

wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 09:25:30 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2015, 10:31:56 AM by wozzek23

http://www.wsj.com/articles/imf-greek-bailout-talks-stopped-amid-lack-of-progress-1434033497

for some more info about the current Greece Debt crisis.  

edit 1 : weird, this article just changed into a subscriber-view-only article.

edit 2 : lets just say the situation is dire at the moment, very very dire.

What is "dire" about the "situation"?  The countries, the corporations and Donald Trump have gone bankrupt and resurrected many times in history. Some panic on financial markets would be overblown in the media to make a story out of it and further scare the population that has zero investments anyway and that's it.

European Union (it's fiscal side) was ridiculous to begin with and it will fall apart for it's beyond unnatural to put countries like Greece or Romania into the same fiscal union with Germany. It was a nice experiment that robbed the people in more fucked up countries blind and made the Overlords and their cronies richer than ever. All this prolonged Greek hysteria is like any other prolonged hysteria, be it endless wars, Super Bowl or fill in the blanks and serves only one purpose: that of distraction and fear.

A debt that can't be paid back will not be paid back. Greek will default as it should have years ago, today or in another decade, as well as Italy, Portugal etc., until the domino effect reaches America and it defaults in its own way. (through a new war, creating more fiat out of nothing, or whatever thieving trick de jour they'll conceive at the appropriate moment)

And if "they" oppress us even more than now - using EURO demise and it consequences as an excuse -- well, "they" are already oppressing and robbing us and I'd welcome any negative outcome. Only hungry peasants rebel; a full belly does not induce a revolution.

Fuck them all.

Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 10:18:36 AM

Looks to me like we will be back at $3 Dash pretty soon Cheesy

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 10:37:38 AM

Looks to me like we will be back at $3 Dash pretty soon Cheesy

i hope not, im still accumulating.

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 12:04:47 PM

DASH testet Demokratie via Blockchain
german anybody ?

http://cointelegraph.de/news/114526/dash-testet-demokratie-via-blockchain

Wink
Bridgewater

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 01:18:47 PM

So, I admit, I am not watching any news anymore, LOL.  I try to remember to look at what's up online, but I tend to go toward the science and technology sections, so I wasn't aware until this afternoon when I heard it on the radio, that the Feds were hacked and all Federal employees, past and present, have had their IDs, SS#s and personal information stolen.  This information wasn't even encrypted.  And they want to protect US with regulation?  Really?  And there is a possibility that all USA citizen's information was taken, not just the 2-4 million Federal employees.

And think about that.

2-4 million Federal employees.

That's just the FED.  That doesn't include state and city employees, etc...  I wonder what percentage of Americans work for the government in one form or another?  I was a city employee myself.  

Ah, internet to the rescue.  It's currently about 7% of ALL Americans that work for the government.  Don't you feel safe?  It's been as high as 7.5%.  And they can't even keep our information safe.  Really?

I know I'm late here, but I just heard this one.... and now I have to wonder if the Chinese know all about me and my family.  Not that I'd be of interest to them, but still, what an invasion of privacy!

Wait...so Mt Gox was hacked?! Evil hackers ran away with the money.  There were bad guys...they swear!

This is not news.  It is pure manipulation/fear mongering/posturing/etc. Neither side can prove anything.

Internet security is very simple. We all knew these basic facts back when the internet was just a little hatchling and we connected to AOL via dialup modems.

1. Assume everything you put on a computer connected to the internet is publicly available for all to see.
2. If you want to put something on an online computer, but want to maintain some degree of privacy, it is up to you to take the necessary steps keep it safe.

So you buried your stack of 100 dollar bills under the public park bench and thought a few leaves covering it was good enough security?  And you blame the guy who goes around looking under park benches for buried cash? Whose fault is it that your money (data) got stolen?

3.  There is no online juridiction, and there is no such thing as a "hacker."
Pages: « 1 ... 4838 4839 4840 4841 4842 4843 4844 4845 4846 4847 4848 4849 4850 4851 4852 4853 4854 4855 4856 4857 4858 4859 4860 4861 4862 4863 4864 4865 4866 4867 4868 4869 4870 4871 4872 4873 4874 4875 4876 4877 4878 4879 4880 4881 4882 4883 4884 4885 4886 4887 [4888] 4889 4890 4891 4892 4893 4894 4895 4896 4897 4898 4899 4900 4901 4902 4903 4904 4905 4906 4907 4908 4909 4910 4911 4912 4913 4914 4915 4916 4917 4918 4919 4920 4921 4922 4923 4924 4925 4926 4927 4928 4929 4930 4931 4932 4933 4934 4935 4936 4937 4938 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: