Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:03:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4481 4482 4483 4484 4485 4486 4487 4488 4489 4490 4491 4492 4493 4494 4495 4496 4497 4498 4499 4500 4501 4502 4503 4504 4505 4506 4507 4508 4509 4510 4511 4512 4513 4514 4515 4516 4517 4518 4519 4520 4521 4522 4523 4524 4525 4526 4527 4528 4529 4530 [4531] 4532 4533 4534 4535 4536 4537 4538 4539 4540 4541 4542 4543 4544 4545 4546 4547 4548 4549 4550 4551 4552 4553 4554 4555 4556 4557 4558 4559 4560 4561 4562 4563 4564 4565 4566 4567 4568 4569 4570 4571 4572 4573 4574 4575 4576 4577 4578 4579 4580 4581 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722538 times)
strix

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:00:06 PM

A few pages back someone provided a link to a graph posted by majamina on the "troll thread." I went there to see it in context, and ended up making the following post. It occurs to me that some of you might enjoy hearing how I found my way here, so I am cross posting for posterity. In addition, I am posting it as a reminder to not feed the trolls!
------------------------
Our jugdement is always clouded by our emotional investments

Satoshi made us think in a different way, to not to trust, to question. Satoshi gave us Blockchain, the trustless authority.

When we have blockchain based solutions, why should we place our trust on nodes? Isnt it what we all are here for? to build trustless systems?

There are two types of people here, those who want to gain more fiat and those who want to help humanity. Choose your side
This is a noble sentiment, but not entirely true. There are certainly any number of gradations on the scale running from St. Francis of Assisi, to Bill Gates. Now while I consider BG to be little more than a criminal, on any number of measures he could be considered of more help to humanity than S.t Francis. The fact is that the desire for fiat and to help humanity are not mutually exclusive. More to the point of this discussion is the fact that even a "pure" desire to help humanity will not settle this debate.

I suspect (in a completely unfounded way Wink) that I have more in common with the first person sited above, than most folks on this forum; my pursuit of fiat has been, for the most part, to be able to help others who are not in a position to do so. 10 months ago, on a mountain in the middle of a jungle, connected by a feeble long-distance wi-fi link, I wasted some time browsing, and found an ongoing debate between advocates of something called Shadow coin, Monero, and Darkcoin. As a technophile, and someone who witnessed first-hand the devestation wrought by banksters, I was intrigued.

The vulgarity, and crudeness were hard to stomach, (not to mention the name "Darkcoin") but for the sake of those I wanted to help, I continued investigating. In the end, having only limited resources of time and even less of money, I had to decide to follow only one. In spite of its name I chose Darkcoin. I chose it not based on superior technology, (which I suspected it had) but on the basis of superior people. They had their share of trolls and FUDers, but they also had a reasoned core of supporters (such as majamina here :-) who reasonably and politely stood up to the FUDers and trolls, or simply ignored them. Even more importantly, Darkcoin's developer, did not live in shadows or participate in the trollfest, but continued, day-in, and day-out, to improve the coin. I saw no ongoing development in the other coins, and their developers did not even deserve the term, from what I could see; they certainly weren't willing to show their faces in the light of day.

I returned to the U.S. to teach last September, and began participating in the DRK community, lobbying along with some others for a name change, and slowly trying to acquire a masternode of my own. I now own 908 DASH and hope to buy another $80.00 worth tomorrow. (That is after sending $280 (which is half my pay) to help those I left.") In retrospect  seems clear I have made the right decision. Shadow coin is no longer worth discussing, and the general tenor of Monero backers supports the market's judgment of them.  In large part it was the incessant screams of "instamine," which I was perfectly capable of investigating on my own, which drove me from them. Maybe they are right, and their tech is better, to me it makes no difference, the caliber of their people out-weights any consideration of the tech.

It grieves me to think that most of you probably have no idea what I am talking about, and will never know the joy of being invited to share a meager meal with those who would not be alive but for your small involvement with them. Should you want to experience this, pm me, and I will be happy for you to accompany me on my next trip. It is my hope that it will not be too long before a masternode will relieve me of the need to return to the States to refill my coffers.

If I am wrong, and DASH becomes worth nothing, and Monero takes over the world, I will sleep easy, knowing that Evil men often rule the day while goodness lurks in the dark; that money is but a means to an end, and that character determines the nature of that end.

I pray that you all end well...

Je le hibou, suis ↄash; because while the days are evil good must hurry, lest evil parading as an agent of light restrict its activity.
XnUjqiYV5mvXAWrWUbGFmitPvmWSthxhBi
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:11:03 PM

rebranding failed ? i think ya
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:11:36 PM

A few pages back someone provided a link to a graph posted by majamina on the "troll thread." I went there to see it in context, and ended up making the following post. It occurs to me that some of you might enjoy hearing how I found my way here, so I am cross posting for posterity. In addition, I am posting it as a reminder to not feed the trolls!
------------------------

Satoshi made us think in a different way, to not to trust, to question. Satoshi gave us Blockchain, the trustless authority.

When we have blockchain based solutions, why should we place our trust on nodes? Isnt it what we all are here for? to build trustless systems?

There are two types of people here, those who want to gain more fiat and those who want to help humanity. Choose your side
This is a noble sentiment, but not entirely true. There are certainly any number of gradations on the scale running from St. Francis of Assisi, to Bill Gates. Now while I consider BG to be little more than a criminal, on any number of measures he could be considered of more help to humanity than S.t Francis. The fact is that the desire for fiat and to help humanity are not mutually exclusive. More to the point of this discussion is the fact that even a "pure" desire to help humanity will not settle this debate.

I suspect (in a completely unfounded way Wink) that I have more in common with the first person sited above, than most folks on this forum; my pursuit of fiat has been, for the most part, to be able to help others who are not in a position to do so. 10 months ago, on a mountain in the middle of a jungle, connected by a feeble long-distance wi-fi link, I wasted some time browsing, and found an ongoing debate between advocates of something called Shadow coin, Monero, and Darkcoin. As a technophile, and someone who witnessed first-hand the devestation wrought by banksters, I was intrigued.

The vulgarity, and crudeness were hard to stomach, (not to mention the name "Darkcoin") but for the sake of those I wanted to help, I continued investigating. In the end, having only limited resources of time and even less of money, I had to decide to follow only one. In spite of its name I chose Darkcoin. I chose it not based on superior technology, (which I suspected it had) but on the basis of superior people. They had their share of trolls and FUDers, but they also had a reasoned core of supporters (such as majamina here :-) who reasonably and politely stood up to the FUDers and trolls, or simply ignored them. Even more importantly, Darkcoin's developer, did not live in shadows or participate in the trollfest, but continued, day-in, and day-out, to improve the coin. I saw no ongoing development in the other coins, and their developers did not even deserve the term, from what I could see; they certainly weren't willing to show their faces in the light of day.

I returned to the U.S. to teach last September, and began participating in the DRK community, lobbying along with some others for a name change, and slowly trying to acquire a masternode of my own. I now own 908 DASH and hope to buy another $80.00 worth tomorrow. (That is after sending $280 (which is half my pay) to help those I left.") In retrospect  seems clear I have made the right decision. Shadow coin is no longer worth discussing, and the general tenor of Monero backers supports the market's judgment of them.  In large part it was the incessant screams of "instamine," which I was perfectly capable of investigating on my own, which drove me from them. Maybe they are right, and their tech is better, to me it makes no difference, the caliber of their people out-weights any consideration of the tech.

It grieves me to think that most of you probably have no idea what I am talking about, and will never know the joy of being invited to share a meager meal with those who would not be alive but for your small involvement with them. Should you want to experience this, pm me, and I will be happy for you to accompany me on my next trip. It is my hope that it will not be too long before a masternode will relieve me of the need to return to the States to refill my coffers.

If I am wrong, and DASH becomes worth nothing, and Monero takes over the world, I will sleep easy, knowing that Evil men often rule the day while goodness lurks in the dark; that money is but a means to an end, and that character determines the nature of that end.

You're a sparkling gem Strix!

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
moocowmoo

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 03:13:33 PM

For anybody wanting to calculate future masternode rewards.

Here's my openoffice spreadsheet.  Enjoy!

https://masternode.me/downloads/diy_masternode_calc.ods

Nice,seems more acurate than drk.mn...

BUt I think there is a small mistake.
Why the  dash/day is diminuing between from 37.5 to 40% ?

And what is the % of network at 0.04%

Edit : o it's the % with total number of MN ?!

Edit2 : did you take into account the 7% reducing of the block reward every year? (Around end january of each year)

Thanks! Smiley

The calculations are a little high, even with using the minimum block rewards and not including fees.
Actual DASH/day/node right now is closer to 0.42.
I'd guess that's due to less than 576 blocks per day being discovered, or some other skew, but I haven't run the numbers.
This calc is good enough for my needs.

The 7% reduction occurred on 2015-01-27 which is why 40% has less block rewards than 37.5%.
(every 210240 blocks. which we should reach approximately every 365 days)
A further 7% reduction is applied at the 2016-02-08 row.

And, yes, the % of network is how much of the network *your* nodes comprise.

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
RenegadeMan

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:15:19 PM

Only days after the rebranding and you're able to make this assessment?

More likely you're too ignorant to make a post that demonstrates even the slightest intelligence? "i think ya" about you.

qvan

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:21:44 PM

Only days after the rebranding and you're able to make this assessment?

More likely you're too ignorant to make a post that demonstrates even the slightest intelligence? "i think ya" about you.

darkcoin did rebrand to DASH...but its underground/sneaky intention to kill dashcoin failed so there are two crypto currency using dash around here...in a way it failed
RenegadeMan

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:24:00 PM

like i said before, it's the death of dass(digital ass) and the credential for shadowcash if they make the change. it's seem dass want to be shadowcash in every way they can and people see this as dass have no tech and sub of shadowcash. good job in destroying a decent coin.

One of the good things about been here for a while is one can recognize some of the characters. Do you remember when you use to think XC was the best and it should be added to Moolah for it to be successful?

Or when you thought Mindfox and Cryptcoin was great?

Or when you thought Supercoin was the one?

currently SuperCoin have the best and convenience wallet then them all, better then Darkcoin, XC and VeriCoin. all other coins still using debug window to send anonymous transaction.

edit; Darkcoin now have darksend checkmark. all other coins still lack the status green/yellow/red lights SuperCoin have which tell if SuperSend is ready and available to use, a plus.

You seem to have a good eye for quality, please don't forget to keep us updated about your coin picks.

Ha! Brilliant holding-a-historical-mirror-up process you've enacted there Minotaur! I think some of these people who come here to push their biases and other-coin fanboy status forget what they've previously sprouted.

BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:28:52 PM

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/nasdaq-begins-development-digital-currency-marketplace/

RenegadeMan

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:31:24 PM

You're a buffoon qvan, a harmless buffoon, but still a buffoon. Go back and focus on your crypto. It was given a big boost to its marketcap after the dev sold the project to such a high profile person within crypto. Use the opportunity to build on that and do something positive with it. With an appropriately handled fork you could work with the community there and turn it into something far bigger and better than what it ever would have been. Surely that's a more worthy outcome than spending all your time here crying "they stole...they stole...!" when we did nothing of the sort (really, it's completely pathetic and the phrase "get a life" is entirely appropriate).

GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:40:47 PM

Holy McBananas!!
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:41:00 PM

You're a buffoon qvan, a harmless buffoon, but still a buffoon. Go back and focus on your crypto. It was given a big boost to its marketcap after the dev sold the project to such a high profile person within crypto. Use the opportunity to build on that and do something positive with it. With an appropriately handled fork you could work with the community there and turn it into something far bigger and better than what it ever would have been. Surely that's a more worthy outcome than spending all your time here crying "they stole...they stole...!" when we did nothing of the sort (really, it's completely pathetic and the phrase "get a life" is entirely appropriate).

Qvan never ever participated on DSH, it is just a sock puppet created to troll this subject, most probably from a different community. He said so himself, we don't need to make a big deal out of it.

Note: I did not edit this post below, that is literally what he said and that was his first post ever.

these trolls really are fun to watch..

PS i am a sock puppet, don't make a big deal out of it  Cheesy
HinnomTX

Activity: 525

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:42:26 PM

------------------------

You made my morning, strix. Very thoughtfully written. Smiley
You should take up poetry in your spare time. No joke.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
gitbknowsall

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:43:17 PM

sold my darkcoins. waiting to buy back in when the price drops again or the marketing succeeds. people will end up buying dash p&d coin by mistake instead of dark/dash.
qvan

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:44:29 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2015, 04:07:16 PM by qvan

the topic now is a sneaky way to kill dashcoin  Wink , evan said in the statement that dashcoin project will not continue...a non buffoon person automatically see's that as a cease and desist order, an indirect shutdown of dashcoin, in other words it is a way to kill a coin because it encourages dashcoin community to dump the coin and leave the project...evan underestimated the power of decentralization-one of the major pillars of crypto currency..

benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 03:45:03 PM

like i said before, it's the death of dass(digital ass) and the credential for shadowcash if they make the change. it's seem dass want to be shadowcash in every way they can and people see this as dass have no tech and sub of shadowcash. good job in destroying a decent coin.

One of the good things about been here for a while is one can recognize some of the characters. Do you remember when you use to think XC was the best and it should be added to Moolah for it to be successful?

Or when you thought Mindfox and Cryptcoin was great?

Or when you thought Supercoin was the one?

currently SuperCoin have the best and convenience wallet then them all, better then Darkcoin, XC and VeriCoin. all other coins still using debug window to send anonymous transaction.

edit; Darkcoin now have darksend checkmark. all other coins still lack the status green/yellow/red lights SuperCoin have which tell if SuperSend is ready and available to use, a plus.

You seem to have a good eye for quality, please don't forget to keep us updated about your coin picks.

i don't hold coins for too long so most posts can be ignored, but i don't see dass can make a come back. it's dead and transfer most of it btc to a scam shadowcash

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
salmion

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:47:19 PM

seriously weak trolling today
Freckleg

Activity: 508

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:48:35 PM

shit just got real!
qvan

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:50:55 PM

Qvan never ever participated on DSH, it is just a sock puppet created to troll this subject, most probably from a different community. He said so himself, we don't need to make a big deal out of it.

Note: I did not edit this post below, that is literally what he said and that was his first post ever.

these trolls really are fun to watch..

PS i am a sock puppet, don't make a big deal out of it  Cheesy

I am mining dashcoins, i gave 10M DSH to mr calculator guy the other day, i posted a pic of my 170M DSH wallet....i have more evidence but that will suffice

edit: i said don't make a big deal out of me being a sock puppet  Wink
BiteMyShinyMetalAss

Activity: 617
Merit: 509

Crypto Card - https://platinum.crypto.com/r/28cz7d

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:53:31 PM

So?  What is your problem? Big pharma companies buy smaller ones so they could stop the development of current drugs as to eliminate competition.
In this case Evan bought a name. Your developers who sold it are to blame!
Its a free market, you could have bought it off from your developers. Were your developers transparent? Did they tell community what was going to happen?
Your developers saw an oppurtunity to get out with some cash and they did, you guys should do the same as you got the boost!
Also should direct all the hatres towars  your developers who sold the project, your developers abonded your coin! Deal with it !

I rest my case!

The best lending rates in 1 place www.21bitcoin.eu/interests
NEXO, CELSIUS, CDC and other tax reports www.21bitcoin.eu
vince232

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:57:41 PM

What is the all time high price of dash?
Ps in dollars
Pages: « 1 ... 4481 4482 4483 4484 4485 4486 4487 4488 4489 4490 4491 4492 4493 4494 4495 4496 4497 4498 4499 4500 4501 4502 4503 4504 4505 4506 4507 4508 4509 4510 4511 4512 4513 4514 4515 4516 4517 4518 4519 4520 4521 4522 4523 4524 4525 4526 4527 4528 4529 4530 [4531] 4532 4533 4534 4535 4536 4537 4538 4539 4540 4541 4542 4543 4544 4545 4546 4547 4548 4549 4550 4551 4552 4553 4554 4555 4556 4557 4558 4559 4560 4561 4562 4563 4564 4565 4566 4567 4568 4569 4570 4571 4572 4573 4574 4575 4576 4577 4578 4579 4580 4581 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: