Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:37:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4483 4484 4485 4486 4487 4488 4489 4490 4491 4492 4493 4494 4495 4496 4497 4498 4499 4500 4501 4502 4503 4504 4505 4506 4507 4508 4509 4510 4511 4512 4513 4514 4515 4516 4517 4518 4519 4520 4521 4522 4523 4524 4525 4526 4527 4528 4529 4530 4531 4532 [4533] 4534 4535 4536 4537 4538 4539 4540 4541 4542 4543 4544 4545 4546 4547 4548 4549 4550 4551 4552 4553 4554 4555 4556 4557 4558 4559 4560 4561 4562 4563 4564 4565 4566 4567 4568 4569 4570 4571 4572 4573 4574 4575 4576 4577 4578 4579 4580 4581 4582 4583 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722564 times)
innergy

Activity: 685
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 04:59:16 PM

updated some numbers
Looks right

http://imgur.com/QVCVBN1.png

I have some doubts that 06/2015 - 47.5% is missing.. could you check it in the source code..  Wink
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 05:00:17 PM

Weekend dump started ?

I certainly hope so, cause it impossible to get coins without moving the price
its certainly been a piss off!  I'm really hoping that there is weekend profit taking and the price dips.  It took my bank/exchange 1 week to get my cash into this last week.  Just furious this week with this.  I've been buying small 100DASH bits on the dips the last few days...but it really hurts when it goes from 2.95 to 5.95!  aggghhh.

Which exchange did you use from CAD --> BTC ?

I just seens Cavirtex close...

quadrigacx.com is now the CAD go to exchange.

thanks mate Smiley
I am recommending quadrigacx.com have had great service through them...not so much my bank....LOL

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:01:21 PM

Dear Quan
I am mining dashcoins, i gave 10M DSH to mr calculator guy the other day, i posted a pic of my 170M DSH wallet....i have more evidence but that will suffice

edit: i said don't make a big deal out of me being a sock puppet  Wink
[/quote]

1. You are mining wrong coin
2. You are bitching at wrong tread

for 1. you can start mining something that is not a joke, and for 2. you go after your dev

and 3. Bitching here will do no good for you

Sry ppl I had to quote once :-)
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:03:15 PM

There is a lot of nervous money in eg. stawks right now, P/E ratios are well beyond stupid, and there is increasingly little else available to hedge with that isn't also grotesquely ballooned, except PMs.

Heh, big money leveraged to the hilt trading of DRK... the cryptognat witches are going to get slaughtered by the billion dollar algos.  Cheesy
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:04:20 PM

Weekend dump started ?

its certainly been a piss off!  I'm really hoping that there is weekend profit taking and the price dips.  It took my bank/exchange 1 week to get my cash into this last week.  Just furious this week with this.  I've been buying small 100DASH bits on the dips the last few days...but it really hurts when it goes from 2.95 to 5.95!  aggghhh.

https://anxpro.com does CAD and a bunch of new ones too! Definitely getting me a BTC debit card  Grin
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:07:36 PM

Weekend dump started ?

thanks mate Smiley
I am recommending quadrigacx.com have had great service through them...not so much my bank....LOL

Hey,Didn't found this information on the site,but with Cavirtex I was able to withdrawl CAD found to my bank without giving passport or driver licence(which I don't have,and that's why) Did you know if it possible to withdrawl without having an 'verified account' ?

Thanks mate
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:08:34 PM

Sorry if I'm being dense, but why is this such a big deal? The way i read it, NASDAQ (as a vendor) is simply licensing their software to another company. Just because Noble will run on NASDAQ's software doesn't mean that NASDAQ has given it's "stamp of approval" to anything. Just because your business uses the Windows operating system doesn't mean that Microsoft is behind you.

Am I missing something? Or am I reading it wrong?

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
qvan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:09:59 PM

you are using the wrong name, that's why  Wink

it is good for me to have extra buddies with dashcoin thread with 4000+ pages  Grin you become a part of dashcoin community when you rebrand to dash...you use our name, i use your thread  Grin
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:10:15 PM

the idea is to get away from centralized exchanges. imo, I think this will allow the feds to control what they shouldn't have control of.

Correct but the inflow of capital to the cryptosphere could be massive...

AzzAz
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:11:26 PM

Sorry if I'm being dense, but why is this such a big deal? The way i read it, NASDAQ (as a vendor) is simply licensing their software to another company. Just because Noble will run on NASDAQ's software doesn't mean that NASDAQ has given it's "stamp of approval" to anything. Just because your business uses the Windows operating system doesn't mean that Microsoft is behind you.

“There is a lot of demand” for digital currency trading from institutions, said Noble Chief Executive John Betts, noting that his early conversations with investors involved a lot of “What is bitcoin?” questions, whereas now he hears, “Bitcoin is interesting, but where can we trade?’” He added, “A lot of them just couldn’t do business with the existing exchanges. But we are a team of investment veterans. We speak their language.”

This ?
jiggytom
Legendary

Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:11:39 PM

I believe there is a troll jar lol

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                ▄▄█████▀▀             ▀▀█████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀▀                     ▀▀█████▄▄
        ▄▄█████▀▀                             ▀▀█████▄▄
    ▄▄█████▀▀                                     ▀▀███
▄▄█████▀▀                                         ▄▄███
███▀▀                                         ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █▄▄                               ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███       ▀▀█████▄▄               ▄▄█████▀▀       ██████
█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄███████
  ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀ ██
      ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
          ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
              ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
BTC: 174MGp3R5prNbuen31Kx5G5XuyuAXu9jye
LBC: bWYN8NXGKWsgEAd6tQnJ5YRo2Z4r6PjxBH
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:12:35 PM

A few pages back someone provided a link to a graph posted by majamina on the "troll thread." I went there to see it in context, and ended up making the following post. It occurs to me that some of you might enjoy hearing how I found my way here, so I am cross posting for posterity. In addition, I am posting it as a reminder to not feed the trolls!
------------------------
Our jugdement is always clouded by our emotional investments

Satoshi made us think in a different way, to not to trust, to question. Satoshi gave us Blockchain, the trustless authority.

When we have blockchain based solutions, why should we place our trust on nodes? Isnt it what we all are here for? to build trustless systems?

There are two types of people here, those who want to gain more fiat and those who want to help humanity. Choose your side
This is a noble sentiment, but not entirely true. There are certainly any number of gradations on the scale running from St. Francis of Assisi, to Bill Gates. Now while I consider BG to be little more than a criminal, on any number of measures he could be considered of more help to humanity than S.t Francis. The fact is that the desire for fiat and to help humanity are not mutually exclusive. More to the point of this discussion is the fact that even a "pure" desire to help humanity will not settle this debate.

I suspect (in a completely unfounded way Wink) that I have more in common with the first person sited above, than most folks on this forum; my pursuit of fiat has been, for the most part, to be able to help others who are not in a position to do so. 10 months ago, on a mountain in the middle of a jungle, connected by a feeble long-distance wi-fi link, I wasted some time browsing, and found an ongoing debate between advocates of something called Shadow coin, Monero, and Darkcoin. As a technophile, and someone who witnessed first-hand the devestation wrought by banksters, I was intrigued.

The vulgarity, and crudeness were hard to stomach, (not to mention the name "Darkcoin") but for the sake of those I wanted to help, I continued investigating. In the end, having only limited resources of time and even less of money, I had to decide to follow only one. In spite of its name I chose Darkcoin. I chose it not based on superior technology, (which I suspected it had) but on the basis of superior people. They had their share of trolls and FUDers, but they also had a reasoned core of supporters (such as majamina here :-) who reasonably and politely stood up to the FUDers and trolls, or simply ignored them. Even more importantly, Darkcoin's developer, did not live in shadows or participate in the trollfest, but continued, day-in, and day-out, to improve the coin. I saw no ongoing development in the other coins, and their developers did not even deserve the term, from what I could see; they certainly weren't willing to show their faces in the light of day.

I returned to the U.S. to teach last September, and began participating in the DRK community, lobbying along with some others for a name change, and slowly trying to acquire a masternode of my own. I now own 908 DASH and hope to buy another $80.00 worth tomorrow. (That is after sending $280 (which is half my pay) to help those I left.") In retrospect  seems clear I have made the right decision. Shadow coin is no longer worth discussing, and the general tenor of Monero backers supports the market's judgment of them.  In large part it was the incessant screams of "instamine," which I was perfectly capable of investigating on my own, which drove me from them. Maybe they are right, and their tech is better, to me it makes no difference, the caliber of their people out-weights any consideration of the tech.

It grieves me to think that most of you probably have no idea what I am talking about, and will never know the joy of being invited to share a meager meal with those who would not be alive but for your small involvement with them. Should you want to experience this, pm me, and I will be happy for you to accompany me on my next trip. It is my hope that it will not be too long before a masternode will relieve me of the need to return to the States to refill my coffers.

If I am wrong, and DASH becomes worth nothing, and Monero takes over the world, I will sleep easy, knowing that Evil men often rule the day while goodness lurks in the dark; that money is but a means to an end, and that character determines the nature of that end.

I pray that you all end well...

I agree whole heartedly with your assessment.  Sounds like you live a very interesting life, and I hope that your masternode will indeed relieve you of the need to come back!  How great that would be?!  You are blessed to be such a positive force in the world Cheesy

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:13:33 PM

“There is a lot of demand” for digital currency trading from institutions, said Noble Chief Executive John Betts, noting that his early conversations with investors involved a lot of “What is bitcoin?” questions, whereas now he hears, “Bitcoin is interesting, but where can we trade?’” He added, “A lot of them just couldn’t do business with the existing exchanges. But we are a team of investment veterans. We speak their language.”

This ?

Yes, I see that and it's great. But the article seems to imply that NASDAQ is creating a bitcoin exchange, while what I read suggests they are merely licensing software to some company that paid them enough.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:16:41 PM

I'd still rather see a trustless exchange that has a very minimal charge.  I suspect wall street will be expensive to use.  Still, you are correct, this is great Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 05:16:58 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2015, 05:29:55 PM by bigrcanada

Weekend dump started ?

thanks mate Smiley

Hey,Didn't found this information on the site,but with Cavirtex I was able to withdrawl CAD found to my bank without giving passport or driver licence(which I don't have,and that's why) Did you know if it possible to withdrawl without having an 'verified account' ?

Thanks mate

Sorry I don't have that info yet on them.   But they are compliant so they may ask for that.  Give them a phone call...they usually call back withen the hour if they don't answer right away.  I've done some volume through them now.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 05:19:34 PM

0.5 DASH for quoting Trolls...goes to a good cause though.  Wink its been quite for me since putting over a dozen people on ignore.

AzzAz
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:20:21 PM

This ?

Yes, I see that and it's great. But the article seems to imply that NASDAQ is creating a bitcoin exchange, while what I read suggests they are merely licensing software to some company that paid them enough.
Yes, and it can be seen like: nasdaq is making step towards crypto so world is opening to crypto. "Small step for nasdaq but big for crypto" ?
strix

Activity: 231

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:21:10 PM

SNIP...  You are blessed to be such a positive force in the world Cheesy
You are gracious my dear. Positive... maybe, but oh so tiny. Cry

Je le hibou, suis ↄash; because while the days are evil good must hurry, lest evil parading as an agent of light restrict its activity.
XnUjqiYV5mvXAWrWUbGFmitPvmWSthxhBi
qvan

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:24:42 PM

0.5 DASH for quoting Trolls...goes to a good cause though.  Wink its been quite for me since putting over a dozen people on ignore.

it is a pathetic useless jar(except the money inside)...human beings are social beings..people talk to each other, that's the way it is eversince

gonna sleep now my fellow dashers lol  Grin
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:26:04 PM

Weekend dump started ?

thanks mate Smiley

Thanks mate

Sorry I don't that info yet.   But they are compliant so they may ask for that.  Give them a phone call...they usually call back withen the hour if they don't answer right away.  I've done some volume through them now.

Just mail them,we'll see...( no call , I'm from the other ocean side + not native english speaker Grin )
Pages: « 1 ... 4483 4484 4485 4486 4487 4488 4489 4490 4491 4492 4493 4494 4495 4496 4497 4498 4499 4500 4501 4502 4503 4504 4505 4506 4507 4508 4509 4510 4511 4512 4513 4514 4515 4516 4517 4518 4519 4520 4521 4522 4523 4524 4525 4526 4527 4528 4529 4530 4531 4532 [4533] 4534 4535 4536 4537 4538 4539 4540 4541 4542 4543 4544 4545 4546 4547 4548 4549 4550 4551 4552 4553 4554 4555 4556 4557 4558 4559 4560 4561 4562 4563 4564 4565 4566 4567 4568 4569 4570 4571 4572 4573 4574 4575 4576 4577 4578 4579 4580 4581 4582 4583 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: