Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:03:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4503 4504 4505 4506 4507 4508 4509 4510 4511 4512 4513 4514 4515 4516 4517 4518 4519 4520 4521 4522 4523 4524 4525 4526 4527 4528 4529 4530 4531 4532 4533 4534 4535 4536 4537 4538 4539 4540 4541 4542 4543 4544 4545 4546 4547 4548 4549 4550 4551 4552 [4553] 4554 4555 4556 4557 4558 4559 4560 4561 4562 4563 4564 4565 4566 4567 4568 4569 4570 4571 4572 4573 4574 4575 4576 4577 4578 4579 4580 4581 4582 4583 4584 4585 4586 4587 4588 4589 4590 4591 4592 4593 4594 4595 4596 4597 4598 4599 4600 4601 4602 4603 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722502 times)
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 05:56:12 AM

Vertoe, I ask you to rejoin the DASH team to help us build the perfect Digital Cash, for ALL it's uses. The RTs ask you, too.

https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/582348405797699584

Please RT if you're on Twitter and feel the same.
Thank you to those who have RTd so far...his posting here may mean nothing, but it will help for him to know that he was valued here.
I can't believe how can be so stupid to change name of the great Darkcoin in while when coin was on the way to get close to BTC price.Change name at this moment is the total disaster for this coin.I've sold all my 1600 coins and like to say ...good bye Darkcoin.I'm so sad because I was with Darkcoin since first day. Cry Bye my dear Darkcoin .Developers buried you at crypto cementary in while when you was so strong .I'm very sad and promise do not buy even single dashcoin
Bye,bye. Good luck in your future endeavours. We'll send you a postcard from the moon...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 05:57:36 AM

Sometimes... Reading some of the posts on here,  I just think to myself... There is no hope for humanity.  The breath of shallow thought on here and vision as well as common sense seems to elude this place..

Edit: Not u Tao Wink

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 05:57:48 AM

Vertoe, I ask you to rejoin the DASH team to help us build the perfect Digital Cash, for ALL it's uses. The RTs ask you, too.

https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/582348405797699584

Please RT if you're on Twitter and feel the same.
Thank you to those who have RTd so far...his posting here may mean nothing, but it will help for him to know that he was valued here.
I can't believe how can be so stupid to change name of the great Darkcoin in while when coin was on the way to get close to BTC price.Change name at this moment is the total disaster for this coin.I've sold all my 1600 coins and like to say ...good bye Darkcoin.I'm so sad because I was with Darkcoin since first day. Cry Bye my dear Darkcoin .Developers buried you at crypto cementary in while when you was so strong .I'm very sad and promise do not buy even single dashcoin

Just a big Lol...

Higher price means disaster ? ahahahhahahahahhah

Bye.
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 05:59:46 AM

The coin stays the same only the name changes, the value still goes up... where is that disaster ?

I'm very sad and promise do not buy even single dashcoin

So you may buy some Dash  Smiley
PhattyBanks

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 06:04:15 AM

vertoe brings up a good point and I hate to say it but what if the globalist banksters made Evan have an accident or threatened him to end the project?
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 06:05:09 AM

Positive note... This has created the opportunity to buy more masternodes.  I'm putting up another 10 this week.... Yes.  I might wait for further drop though... Let's see what happens.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 06:07:50 AM

I wonder if the Japanese will associate Dashi, a yummy traditional soup/stock, with DASH when they first hear of it?

Not a bad thing to sound like I imagine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dashi

http://japanesefood.about.com/od/soup/a/aboutdashisoup.htm

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 06:10:48 AM

vertoe brings up a good point and I hate to say it but what if the globalist banksters made Evan have an accident or threatened him to end the project?

The project is open source, and I'm sure there are many brilliant minds within the community ready to take over if need be (including the current devs).
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 06:18:02 AM

Sometimes... Reading some of the posts on here,  I just think to myself... There is no hope for humanity.  The breath of shallow thought on here and vision as well as common sense seems to elude this place..

Edit: Not u Tao Wink

Come on, man, there is hope, Kafka says, but not for us Smiley
Kidding aside, one day we'll all evolve - along the lines of Kurzweill singularity - into a machine and happily trade in Dash.
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 06:20:40 AM

On another really positive note... I just got some major dash MN payouts! Nice...

wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 06:22:02 AM

Positive note... This has created the opportunity to buy more masternodes.  I'm putting up another 10 this week.... Yes.  I might wait for further drop though... Let's see what happens.

Really? Some $45K ++ into it, just like that, when the price movement is not clear at all?

I am not doubting you, I am in awe.

jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 06:22:09 AM

In real life a company's solvency (value on paper) is assets - liabilities in the balance sheet. Assets can further be broken down into tangible and intangible assets. Intangible assets consist of things like brand name, goodwill, patents, intellectual property etc.

When looking at coins I am thinking more and more that there is a good correlation between a coin and a company and that these aspects form the fundamentals for success and measurement thereof. Just like a company, a coin's success are impacted by management team (dynamics, ethics, skills, actions etc.), vision, strategy, goals, product (usability, quality, demand for), time to market, support etc. Value is further impacted by aspects like discount of future cash flows e.g. POS staking (dividends/interest) and the possibility of selling at a higher price in future, as well as demand for the product. Price is where supply = demand. So far DarkCoin has delivered strongly on many of the above aspects and as a POW coin there is no future cash flows like POS staking, however a strong demand has been created. The demand has been driven by strong management team that delivers, usability and features of the product as well as a general positive sentiment for the future.

The above has been captured in an intangible asset on the "balance sheet" and incapsulated in the DarkCoin brand that everyone has become accustomed with. Everyone has been talking about DRK as one of the few real contenders for Bitcoin. It is my humble opinion that the rebranding has caused damage to the brand and reading the thread since it seems to have opened up some rifts in management etc. The change in name seems furthermore to be coupled by a change in vision. These are good things to do in times of distress e.g. when things are in a bad state or when business rescue is required or perhaps during a merger. It is extremely high risk actions to do in good times when an existing model is working great. The risk of doing these things in good times is that intangible assets can be severely impacted or even destroyed. (lets see if this becomes a use case in the subject "Destruction of brand 101"). Lets say Coca Cola decides to change its colors from red and white to orange and brown and to change the name to FizzyDrinks. What do you think will happen?

There was nothing wrong with the vision, strategy, goals and product of DRK. Why change something that is not broken? People have a right to privacy. Products will always be used for unintended purposes, from firearms to bricks to airplanes. If the  change in vision was to move away from the connotations with some of the unintended uses of the coin, then it will not work by just changing the name. If you produce guns and think that changing the name from "gun" to "daisy" will stop it from being lethal then think again. If that is the purpose of the change in vision, then change the attributes of the underlying product so that it becomes less useful for unintended purposes.

However, if management insists on destroying intangible assets and is of the opinion that the new brand will be worth more than the destruction of the old, then the choice of name becomes very important. Dash seems very fluffy and flowery and although the name is based on fairly ok ground words of Digital and Cash, using the acronym (in an analogy) for Secure Hashing Integrated and Trusted does not mean it is the best choice. Looking at the last posts of alleged management members acting alone etc. it seems that there are some issues? I could be wrong. The most common aspect so far for coins losing value and in many cases leading to its demise is management action/non-action.

There is one exception that I have to mention and that is regulation. Regulation and law enforcement are valid reasons if that was the force behind the change. The only purposes imo for alt coins is to be a breeding ground for innovation and creating the virtual currency of the future which will without doubt attract all aspects of society each for its own purpose. This can be compared to the lawlessness of the Wild West in the 1800s and today there are beautiful civilised cities in the west of the US. I have no doubt in my mind that virtual currency in one form or another is the way of the future. In order for virtual currencies to succeed there needs to be a balance between coin futures, regulation and law enforcement including AML and the answer lies somewhere in the middle. Regulation is inevitable and it is not a matter of if but when.

Ill watch the future of Dark I mean Dash to see how it unfolds and who knows, maybe I am wrong and the new name will make a big positive difference.
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 06:41:36 AM

In real life a company's solvency (value on paper) is assets - liabilities in the balance sheet. Assets can further be broken down into tangible and intangible assets. Intangible assets consist of things like brand name, goodwill, patents, intellectual property etc.

When looking at coins I am thinking more and more that there is a good correlation between a coin and a company and that these aspects form the fundamentals for success and measurement thereof. Just like a company, a coin's success are impacted by management team (dynamics, ethics, skills, actions etc.), vision, strategy, goals, product (usability, quality, demand for), time to market, support etc. Value is further impacted by aspects like discount of future cash flows e.g. POS staking (dividends/interest) and the possibility of selling at a higher price in future, as well as demand for the product. Price is where supply = demand. So far DarkCoin has delivered strongly on many of the above aspects and as a POW coin there is no future cash flows like POS staking, however a strong demand has been created. The demand has been driven by strong management team that delivers, usability and features of the product as well as a general positive sentiment for the future.

The above has been captured in an intangible asset on the "balance sheet" and incapsulated in the DarkCoin brand that everyone has become accustomed with. Everyone has been talking about DRK as one of the few real contenders for Bitcoin. It is my humble opinion that the rebranding has caused damage to the brand and reading the thread since it seems to have opened up some rifts in management etc. The change in name seems furthermore to be coupled by a change in vision. These are good things to do in times of distress e.g. when things are in a bad state or when business rescue is required or perhaps during a merger. It is extremely high risk actions to do in good times when an existing model is working great.

Though I would agree with some of your remarks,  I would strongly disagree that Darkcoin was a "successful"  brand with "everyone"  talking about it, at least not yet.    The market cap of a measly 20m shows this.   This hasn't even started yet.   No one knows what or who Darkcoin is in the real world  other then a at most several hundred investors that are die hards.  I've said this before.... 20 million cap for a currency is hardly relevant.  The Darkcoin name was never going to work for actual real adoption, when it happens.  I've been told this by dozens of business,  financial as well as other professionals the previous name was a non starter.

This rebrand was essential at this critical moment before there was any brand awareness to avoid exactly what you are concerned about.  

dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 06:42:39 AM

I think vertoe did not remember dumping 20-30k DRK a few days ago which made him 60-80 k€.
He is acting like a small boy whining, very unprofessional for a man who made more money out of nearly nothing than others who have to work hard a full decade for such a profit.

A gentleman goes away without any word and enjoy instead of whining.
He made so much money with drk ( before with ltc ) and is able to invest in other projects.
All you need to make money is money - so he should be thankfull each day to evan.

Very poor he is acting right now.

Maybe he has exactly my 5k€ in his poket as i did invest in ltc when it was 20€ each.
Am i whining ? Yes i do - but because i lost money i was working hard to get it.
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 06:46:26 AM

I think vertoe did not remember dumping 20-30k DRK a few days ago which made him 60-80 k€.
He is acting like a small boy whining, very unprofessional for a man who made more money out of nearly nothing than others who have to work hard a full decade for such a profit.

A gentleman goes away without any word and enjoy instead of whining.
He made so much money with drk ( before with ltc ) and is able to invest in other projects.
All you need to make money is money - so he should be thankfull each day to evan.

Very poor he is acting right now.

I understand this is your personal view, which I respect,  but I don't believe we as a community smearing an individual is either productive or professional and it leads to negativity.   IMHO

SpreadLight

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 06:52:04 AM

So yes there is ideology behind this coin : privacy, liberty, freedom, try to make the world less directed by "power" and more with the heart...

I hope that changing the name will not make the ideology behind it change too, otherwhise it will failed.

There's no ideology in something that nobody uses. The ideology's in the design, not the name. Vertoe is justified in leaving over not being consulted but less so over 'ideology'.

It's not a rock song that's being built here it's electronic money.

The name can easily be compromised without any loss of principle but the functionality can't. So Evan has got his priorities right in that regard.

no.

i left because i disagree darkcoin or however it will be called next year is not a decentralized entity. it never was but i ignored it as long as darkcoin was following the same path i was following. the path to total financial privacy. and thats why i am so upset about how this currency is lead by a single person. darkcoin is like an old conservative company with strong hierarchical comamnd structures and a single person on the top of the pyramid. evan duffield. the rebranding using a detergent name was just a step forward in creating something like apple or paypal. fuck this i tell you. what we need is a trustless, decentralized and anonymous currency. darkcoin is not decentralized as it still relies on a single person. and this reaches deep into the code base.

the core devs were just a bunch of volunteers exploited for the big thing. the extended darkcoin team was the same with even a lower place to sit on that pyramid. and what was the darkcoin foundation again? right, something to reserve some rights on some names and collect money. who nominated and voted for the foundation board? who does even know who are these guys? how did we learn about the foundation? from local news papers! the team listings kept counting names of people nobody ever noticed before. and they never committed anything visible to the community or the repository. and i was spending 25 hours a day monitory everything that happened in the darkcoin community for more than a year. the things going on here are fishy, intransparent and rely on a single entity.

i will get out and and will contribute to something decentralized and anonymous. i always hoped darkcoin could fill that void. i cant blame anyone to stay with this project. you are probably investors trying to win a gold donkey. or you are simply trying to exploit every possible vector of profit in the coins space. whatever. you are not here because darkcoin is something it claims to be.

if you disagree with my statement above, i dont care, but answer that simple question: what if evan duffield suddenly announces he quits the project tomorrow morning?

good luck

Verto,

You are not saying anything new in your above post. We all know that Evan created this coin and i think in the early stages of its development it is normal that he is taking the leadership role. I have no doubt that gradually the coin will become truly decentralized and eliminate the individual human or small group factor dependency.

Your comment about the Board is also not new. And no, you don't have to know the members of the Board. After all decentralization does not mean a fucking democracy. We are not building communism or socialism here. Dash is a business entity.

What I don't understand is that if you have left the project already then what is the point of coming to this thread and whining? You made your point and left and now you come back and say the same thing over and over. If you regret about selling your coins cheap then you can just admit it and I am sure the community would donate you the lost value of your investment:)  But hey, I am happy in anyway because if your FUD attempts work and some of the people who are in the bottom of the evolutionary chain decide to dump their coins then I wold be more than happy to pick those cheap coins up Tongue

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 07:06:37 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2015, 07:33:52 AM by Otoh

Really? Some $45K ++ into it, just like that, when the price movement is not clear at all?

I'm putting up 30 early this week with https://node40.com I'll let you all know how it goes, it was their project that mostly made me decide to go more all in so soon Tongue

Edit: the coins have already been bought, today and yesterday, so don't expect any mass buy, I wanted to do that fast, now I will get back to waiting for any low bulk buying ops, there was a nice sell wall near spot on Cryptsy earlier but I managed to resist, lets see what Monday brings Smiley

These are the new MN addies btw, should be earning rewards in a few days, 30 MN addies all with their 1,000 DASH VIN ready to go:

Xuo8ucvo8V8h1e3vmmtN7Bq5NwwPeASCYj

XtV7jbRtjLao3ms5TTmim5myqBvscWkPgW
 XbkFSjhWczkuY48FRCpFSh7itzuxtCZo4g
 XpnWaUSS8cXpym4pZgi6SrQRFQpRqGXh19
 Xo4YoXdiPWCQy3BFx2vVZBYVDhWNxSxrbA

XjDzvvnwSrvzCuXzGV2VTxkQCspToCMMHV
 XvRGkYB4GCxukYecvYX9zvmkaKmKrKASYb
 XuSnV34uJxcrk5NhBkGYoMeRZ7ZUrdCWve
 XoMUUmveoyKbk8nTSVVWsAAz5CksHsymXs
 XduTQ7bx55CEpsPWkwdNbfBiWjEz2Ywvi8

Xtd78H68FArMJPdGZhXghjHmcM5YA8Fm1z
 Xfr2FEhSTyVgvp1d9dpGLJFx38jHubqCAD
 XmYwrnuLLAY3eLBqRw9H9ottiop8vhZPRu
 Xj5YPbn1CGMyQJZZeaQZL71C5En6Nwc8V5
 XoARDLEii9QxZfYgHDKGwLCu2Vkdz95mvL

Xr3Ra7BXt1puCo2vBNnpehoiAf13JrnPhV
 XyW5FwKBE9qUgYHifDxo8AzB9pZSzj2wvd
 XsMpxb5vGHdNzmfosNdrumkjtv8aApBoUW
 Xs6r1FnhGHbY3Exh2dGcvD7uaQwg1fmuij
 XhbVhWLheJpzV9B7yNwQuE7VcYagsTWdnD

XkJxCbUGgzqCTAUP3rPSXHtRJJMcRdBwMc
 XrFcwqRQa58vwYcrUbyUoVN52Zr1Y6TfmF
 XsjDViezVvwAjhXr3M6Vd229HzKS5tGu4h
 XpQ2zHwKJUJ6P5Cs6YU8bKDsxLitYrQWGu
 XpXxspQS65btyzMyvV39Q6UCd8xECbtYTU

XcUPFa6F1hiR3Qfg4SKvLpXvrGn8QasYBs
 Xws3JXscycDfcL27Qj6hZE8DgbgHGvt79s
 XroQCNyRHRedShiYFFvxcYdAW3u5WdCkmN
 XyukcjFCVcnRG4ceNWjByZkPjj3t8n2hbS
 XhKG9zfUe38bCj3F1NhdaokzJhNoNogUJn

mitchr4
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1017

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 07:32:51 AM

I'm putting up 30 early this week with https://node40.com I'll let you all know how it goes, it was their project that mostly made me decide to go more all in so soon Tongue

Edit: the coins have already been bought, today and yesterday, so don't expect any mass buy, I wanted to do that fast, now I will get back to waiting for any low bulk buying ops, there was a nice sell wall near spot on Cryptsy earlier but I managed to resist, lets see what Monday brings Smiley

These are the new MN addies btw, should be earning rewards in a few days, 30 MN addies all with their 1,000 DRK VIN ready to go:

Otho, how do you have so much confidence in dark? Not funding, you just always seem so upbeat even in the worst of times...

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
███████████▀▀               ███
███                         ███
███                         ███
 ███                       ███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ▀███▄▄             ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▄▄▄░█▀░█░██░▐█▌░██░█░▀█░▄▄▄
██▀░░░░▀██░▐█▌░██▀░░░░▀██
▀██
█████▄███▀▀██▀▀███▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
█████████████LEADING CRYPTO SPORTSBOOK & CASINO█████████████
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 07:38:23 AM

These are the new MN addies btw, should be earning rewards in a few days, 30 MN addies all with their 1,000 DRK VIN ready to go:

Otho, how do you have so much confidence in dark? Not funding, you just always seem so upbeat even in the worst of times...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=615879.msg10719782#msg10719782 Kiss

salmion

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 07:39:46 AM

Vertoe to achieve the goals you mentioned you need to gain maximum traction. The name dark wasn't helping that. Maybe in a year we rebrand again but to become THE ubiquitous decentralised digital currency the project needed to change tack. As for Evan being a central point of failure if anything happens to to him the same could be said of any other coin out there. But to be able to carry on past the Steve Jobs or Satoshi at the helm phase maximum traction needs to be attained so the thing called "dash" or whatever else has a life of its own and will be continued.
Pages: « 1 ... 4503 4504 4505 4506 4507 4508 4509 4510 4511 4512 4513 4514 4515 4516 4517 4518 4519 4520 4521 4522 4523 4524 4525 4526 4527 4528 4529 4530 4531 4532 4533 4534 4535 4536 4537 4538 4539 4540 4541 4542 4543 4544 4545 4546 4547 4548 4549 4550 4551 4552 [4553] 4554 4555 4556 4557 4558 4559 4560 4561 4562 4563 4564 4565 4566 4567 4568 4569 4570 4571 4572 4573 4574 4575 4576 4577 4578 4579 4580 4581 4582 4583 4584 4585 4586 4587 4588 4589 4590 4591 4592 4593 4594 4595 4596 4597 4598 4599 4600 4601 4602 4603 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: