Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:18:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4518 4519 4520 4521 4522 4523 4524 4525 4526 4527 4528 4529 4530 4531 4532 4533 4534 4535 4536 4537 4538 4539 4540 4541 4542 4543 4544 4545 4546 4547 4548 4549 4550 4551 4552 4553 4554 4555 4556 4557 4558 4559 4560 4561 4562 4563 4564 4565 4566 4567 [4568] 4569 4570 4571 4572 4573 4574 4575 4576 4577 4578 4579 4580 4581 4582 4583 4584 4585 4586 4587 4588 4589 4590 4591 4592 4593 4594 4595 4596 4597 4598 4599 4600 4601 4602 4603 4604 4605 4606 4607 4608 4609 4610 4611 4612 4613 4614 4615 4616 4617 4618 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722502 times)
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:12:23 AM

Seems like with the new version, there couldn't be run more than one Masternode from one VM (Even if the VM has more than one IP)

This was working with the older versions, now there is an error if you try to start the second dashd like: " Unable to bind to xx.xx.xx.xx:9999 on this computer (bind returned error Cannot assign requested address".

Can anyone point me to the announce of this (i guess this is intended for more power/decentralisation) or is there a fix / workaround for it - if not intended?

Thanks

I think you need to create a new user for each node and they each have to use a different IP address.  But having one VM shouldn't be a problem otherwise as long as it can handle the load Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HashEngineering

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Independent Cryptoveloper

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 07:15:45 AM

The android wallet has been updated for the Dash Rebranding:
https://github.com/HashEngineering/darkcoin-wallet/releases/tag/v1.1.0
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hashengineering.darkcoin.wallet (Should be updated soon)

Additionally, I am working on an upgraded Wallet (Paper Wallet Sweep, PIN, some InstantX support):
https://github.com/HashEngineering/darkcoin-wallet/releases/tag/v4.0-beta2 <-- Use at your own risk.  This is still beta software.

GRS:  FrFpTbfEAni5Ruf8mNdwVQazJVJaQyEM2Y
BTC:  128Ptecsv4j6NoxdBxdvGzBtipfaAarZMJ
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=336215 - Android Wallet Creation Service
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:19:31 AM

Hi, I have a question. I have coins in my darkwallet and now we have the update. Besides doing the backup with appdata etc...is it also possible to download the new wallet just over the old wallet?

NO NO NO NO NO... STOP!!!

copy the old wallet from the dark dir over the new wallet in the dash dir

Thanks, for the tip. I didn't do anything. Afraid, I do something wrong, I want to send me DASH from my wallet to cryptsy first. So, now the wallet is mixing, but after 8 hours of mixing it says 30% completed while, my darksent balance is only 2% of the total amount of my wallet. How long is this mixing gonna take, before I can send all DASH out of the wallet?

Depends on how many coins you're mixing.  The progress bar shows, approximately, how much of the work is finished.  This includes breaking down the total number of coins to units that get mixed.  100.001, 10.001, 1.001 etc... then each of these units gets mixed how ever many number of rounds you specify.  So, say 2 rounds, it'll be pretty quick, 8 rounds, takes a bit longer.  I'd say at worst about 24hrs for a large sum??  Hard to say though.

But I think Cryptsy charges to withdraw, no?  I would simply take a copy of your wallet.dat and your darkcoin.conf (renamed to dash.conf) and drop it into your dash folder, and you're done.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:23:52 AM

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hashengineering.darkcoin.wallet (Should be updated soon)

Additionally, I am working on an upgraded Wallet (Paper Wallet Sweep, PIN, some InstantX support):
https://github.com/HashEngineering/darkcoin-wallet/releases/tag/v4.0-beta2 <-- Use at your own risk.  This is still beta software.

I'm an old fart that doesn't even txt, so I'm just wondering.... Both of these are android wallets, right?  I hope I get so tech savvy one of these days soonish, LOL.

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1075

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:31:00 AM

Some silly people dumping dash...some smart people(me ,lol) buying , i got my traps set up...

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Kienbui

Activity: 478

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:34:13 AM

Great!!!

Look forward to see it.
Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 07:39:52 AM

Great!!!

Look forward to see it.

we need iOS wallet Smiley

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:52:36 AM

It's possible to create a donation therapy for iCEBREAKER ?

The volunteer work I do here, helping credulous green noobs escape the clutches of the Darkcoin cult, is my therapy.

If you'd like to donate, PM for an address.

Maybe I'd change my attitude and sig, if I had a Masternode...  Wink

So what are you saying here? That people should pay you a Masternode / 1000 DRKs to stop trolling?

Hmmm...

Extortion (also called shakedown, outwrestling "penal pump" , and exaction) is a criminal offense of obtaining money, property, or services from a person, entity, or institution, through coercion. Refraining from doing harm is sometimes euphemistically called protection. Extortion is commonly practiced by organized crime groups. The actual obtainment of money or property is not required to commit the offense.

ontopicplease

Activity: 778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:55:00 AM

Hi, I have a question. I have coins in my darkwallet and now we have the update. Besides doing the backup with appdata etc...is it also possible to download the new wallet just over the old wallet?

Thanks, for the tip. I didn't do anything. Afraid, I do something wrong, I want to send me DASH from my wallet to cryptsy first. So, now the wallet is mixing, but after 8 hours of mixing it says 30% completed while, my darksent balance is only 2% of the total amount of my wallet. How long is this mixing gonna take, before I can send all DASH out of the wallet?

Depends on how many coins you're mixing.  The progress bar shows, approximately, how much of the work is finished.  This includes breaking down the total number of coins to units that get mixed.  100.001, 10.001, 1.001 etc... then each of these units gets mixed how ever many number of rounds you specify.  So, say 2 rounds, it'll be pretty quick, 8 rounds, takes a bit longer.  I'd say at worst about 24hrs for a large sum??  Hard to say though.

But I think Cryptsy charges to withdraw, no?  I would simply take a copy of your wallet.dat and your darkcoin.conf (renamed to dash.conf) and drop it into your dash folder, and you're done.

Mixing about 2100 coins. Prolly you all laugh about me, because I feel unsecure and want to send the coins away first. Now it says "darkcent is idle", what does that mean?
patrolman

Activity: 447

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 08:04:00 AM

But I think Cryptsy charges to withdraw, no?  I would simply take a copy of your wallet.dat and your darkcoin.conf (renamed to dash.conf) and drop it into your dash folder, and you're done.

Mixing about 2100 coins. Prolly you all laugh about me, because I feel unsecure and want to send the coins away first. Now it says "darkcent is idle", what does that mean?

It's waiting for others to join the mixing process. As the network is updating it's probably not the best time for mixing, so it may take a little longer than usual.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean when you say that you want to send the coins away first. You can stop the mixing process at any time and send the coins if you want.
megges

Activity: 371

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 08:07:46 AM

Seems like with the new version, there couldn't be run more than one Masternode from one VM (Even if the VM has more than one IP)

This was working with the older versions, now there is an error if you try to start the second dashd like: " Unable to bind to xx.xx.xx.xx:9999 on this computer (bind returned error Cannot assign requested address".

Can anyone point me to the announce of this (i guess this is intended for more power/decentralisation) or is there a fix / workaround for it - if not intended?

Thanks

I think you need to create a new user for each node and they each have to use a different IP address.  But having one VM shouldn't be a problem otherwise as long as it can handle the load Smiley

Jep, same setup as before with multiple users and ips on one VM, worked before the new version.

I think its intentionally.

After a bit of research i found out:
https://dashtalk.org/threads/multiple-remotes-on-a-single-vps.4221/#post-45798 (there i read something like: "Just been informed this is no longer possible as of v0.11.1.13")
https://dashtalk.org/threads/multiple-mn-with-different-ips-on-one-vm-problem-with-0-11-2-16.4531/ (seems to have the exactly same "problem" - and same setup as me)

Can anyone confirm that he was able to run multiple masternodes on one vm (with multiple ips) since the latest release ?
Or any link to something official about this matter

Thanks

tip me! Tongue XtSrWch1U3BsTBFBHj7acTTzxFo1fy5BMa
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 08:09:29 AM

In other news, I finally got round to replying to Ferdous of MintPal as he'd said that their Monero XMR were still safe and that he'd send them back, I think the deadline on that was the 31st March so I was a bit last minute, but he sent them immediately so that was a nice surprise.

Shame the effing BTC is nowhere to be seen  Roll Eyes
ihascryptos

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Am i broke yet?

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 08:14:59 AM

tried the darkcoin wallet in the android store... it diddnt work. wont sync.

I like tacos!
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 08:16:01 AM

I asked the same question on Dashtalk but it seems there are more people here - so you guys that are on both forums, forgive the redudancy>

My new Dash wallet installer placed it into Program Files / Dash. Alas, when I run it, all associated files - including but not limited to wallet.dat | peers.dat | database folder | db.log | blocks folder | chainstate folder | dash.conf appear on Desktop?

Thank you for letting us know!  I posted your comments on the testing forum and I'll email Evan in a second (which anyone can do btw)  Looks like a hiccup with packaging.

Can you re-locate those to the correct location?  Or is the program actually running within the files set on the desktop?  (I mean does it follow the path to the desktop instead of AppData/Roaming...etc...?)

A new user on Dashtalk.org (https://dashtalk.org/members/thelazier.2745/) helped me with this one. I created c:\dashdata folder and updated shortcut to
"C:\Program Files\Dash\dash-qt.exe" -datadir=c:\dashdata and now all is working. (thanks again thelazier, if you're here)

I suspect I created the whole mess that is most likely in registry. When the first (not mandatory) wallet was released, I changed the target directory to desktop. Even though I un-installed it and deleted what I could, the new (mandatory) wallet was creating the mess I described.

One day I'll have my geeks take a look, but now I travel overseas and am hopeless Smiley

wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 08:17:07 AM

I asked the same question on Dashtalk but it seems there are more people here - so you guys that are on both forums, forgive the redudancy>

My new Dash wallet installer placed it into Program Files / Dash. Alas, when I run it, all associated files - including but not limited to wallet.dat | peers.dat | database folder | db.log | blocks folder | chainstate folder | dash.conf appear on Desktop?

Just be noted that this question was supported in https://dashtalk.org/threads/11-2-dash-release.4515/page-3#post-49155 , Thanks.

Yes, thank you man. I did not see this post earlier, sorry.
funxyzeit

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 08:22:24 AM

Did mastternoes drop in number by 600-700? Weren't there like 2300 a while ago?

No, the network is just updating.

This latest version has a bump in the protocol, so the counts will be off until everybody updates.

I've relied on https://dashninja.pl/  but my newly update MN's aren't on there (guessing as a result of the above) Any other way check they are active/open etc?

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 08:24:17 AM

All that mixing is ruined if you send it off to one place!  Especially a place that knows who you are!  Look, all you need to do is save your wallet.dat file.  That is where all your coins are.  Take a copy of that file, and drop it into AppData/Roaming/Dash folder and start the dash wallet, put the required info in your dash.conf file which will be created once you start the wallet (and it errors out)  OR you can rename your old darkcoin.conf file dash.conf and voilà, you're finished!  And all the mixing you've been doing is still good.

BTW, you should always keep a copy of your wallet.dat file in other places so that if something happens to your computer, you still have your coins.  You do this by putting a copy of it on flash drives and you can even print out the private key, but that's kind of dangerous to have around, as it's not encrypted and anyone could take the coins if they know that key.  Keep a few flash drives in a safe deposit box or somewhere safe.  That way if one flash drive fails, you have backups.

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 08:26:08 AM

Just buy on the dumps and sell on the pumps.  It's a little more complicated than that but not much.  Make your btc and call it a day.  This "this coin is better than that coin" nonsense is ridiculous.  These coins are never going to see any real adoption.  This is like a casino and each coin is it's own slot machine.  Some pay some don't.  dash/dark has been a good payer but it's eventually going to break down and people will move to another slot machine to gamble on.

And don't call me a Monero shill because it's just another pump and dumper like all the rest.  If you think the people behind this coin or any coin are in it for anything other than personal financial gain then you are mistaken.  Some might say they are doing it to bring financial freedom and privacy to the masses or some other bullshit but they're lying.  

There is nothing mutually exclusive for people to both make money and coin adoption to take place. It's not binary 0 or 1.

There is a reason why "dark has been a good payer". It's called fundamentals.

There are two ways to make money here (excluding scams).

You can either trade the waves of low and high as a daytrader, or you can invest in the long-term.

Now if you are a daytrader, you treat everything like P&D... If you are a hammer, you treat everything as a nail.

But DRK came to fill a vacuum on privacy and fungibility - needs that do have a market. 13-14 months ago I foretold that the anonymous market will get at least 1% of the transparent coins marketcap, which back then was close to 8bn USD while DRK+ANC (the only two anon coins) were something like 2-3mn combined.

By May 2014 it had already occured (market cap for anonymous coins exceeding 1%), and we are still hitting the >1% of BTC's marketcap right now for anonymous coins (DRK+others).

When a market (anonymity / privacy) goes from zero % of the pie to even 1% of the pie, it has explosive growth potential (long-term). That's why 365 days ago DRK was 0.001 and now it's 0.017. Is it being adopted? Yes it is. It is #2 after BTC in some cryptocurrency betting sites and precious metal dealers. Can it go beyond that? Well... do bears shit in the woods?

Check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OPAP

This is the Greek, ex-state owned (now privatized) monopoly on gambling.

The important stuff:

Revenue   €6.140 billion
Operating income €1.122 billion
Profit €1.021 billion

So just one gambling monopoly, of a small bankrupt country like Greece (10mn people), and it does in revenue twice the marketcap of ...BTC (!).

In order to ensure that money flows to this monopoly, the state is even banning IPs and DNSes of foreign sites, while also imposing severe financial penalties on players who play abroad. Penalties are also enforced against web pages for displaying promotional banners of foreign gambling companies. Players are also choked at the bank (when they will have to get their money back, after winning on a foreign gambling company). So money transmission of winnings is highly problematic when the bank must report to the state and the state has to fine you, say, 5000 euros.

Can you fathom what it means for cryptocurrencies when people start breaking free of these artificial restrictions? Crypto is the only available medium to do that right now. And gambling is just an example - it's just one market. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to understand the adoption potential and market cap implications.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 08:34:11 AM

This latest version has a bump in the protocol, so the counts will be off until everybody updates.

I've relied on https://dashninja.pl/  but my newly update MN's aren't on there (guessing as a result of the above) Any other way check they are active/open etc?

Yup. On the VPS do

./dashd masternode list | grep xx.xx.xx.xx

If it returns your IP with :1, you're gold. If not, there is a problem.
funxyzeit

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 09:02:30 AM

Yup. On the VPS do

./dashd masternode list | grep xx.xx.xx.xx

If it returns your IP with : "ENABLED", you're gold. If not, there is a problem.

Wink

Thanks folks.  Would have been handy if I'd actually started my masternode..... "TAXI FOR FUNXYZEIT"
Pages: « 1 ... 4518 4519 4520 4521 4522 4523 4524 4525 4526 4527 4528 4529 4530 4531 4532 4533 4534 4535 4536 4537 4538 4539 4540 4541 4542 4543 4544 4545 4546 4547 4548 4549 4550 4551 4552 4553 4554 4555 4556 4557 4558 4559 4560 4561 4562 4563 4564 4565 4566 4567 [4568] 4569 4570 4571 4572 4573 4574 4575 4576 4577 4578 4579 4580 4581 4582 4583 4584 4585 4586 4587 4588 4589 4590 4591 4592 4593 4594 4595 4596 4597 4598 4599 4600 4601 4602 4603 4604 4605 4606 4607 4608 4609 4610 4611 4612 4613 4614 4615 4616 4617 4618 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: