Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:40:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4594 4595 4596 4597 4598 4599 4600 4601 4602 4603 4604 4605 4606 4607 4608 4609 4610 4611 4612 4613 4614 4615 4616 4617 4618 4619 4620 4621 4622 4623 4624 4625 4626 4627 4628 4629 4630 4631 4632 4633 4634 4635 4636 4637 4638 4639 4640 4641 4642 4643 [4644] 4645 4646 4647 4648 4649 4650 4651 4652 4653 4654 4655 4656 4657 4658 4659 4660 4661 4662 4663 4664 4665 4666 4667 4668 4669 4670 4671 4672 4673 4674 4675 4676 4677 4678 4679 4680 4681 4682 4683 4684 4685 4686 4687 4688 4689 4690 4691 4692 4693 4694 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 08:56:55 PM

************ Please Update To 11.2.22! ****************

- DS Speed Improvements : Darksend should be lightning fast now on mainnet. We're going to delay the implementation of masternode blinding because there's two separate mobile wallets that are in the process of implementing Darksend and the reference implementation needs to be super stable during this period of time. Once we have the mobile wallets done (which should have Darksend and InstantX support) we can move back to improving Darksend. ( Hollyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH***************TTTTTTTTTTTT )
darksend and instant X on ur iphone or samsung guys....this is FU*CK*N* AWOSOME

- DS Max Rounds is now 8, which is more than enough for anyone. If someone wants more security, they can use the parameter which goes up to 16.
- Fixed Chinese Translations
- Masternode voting should now work properly. Masternode operators can copy their masternode.conf to another computer and vote without having their wallets online now.

Instant and private Dash on my mobile ? Take my money and shut up

This is BIG

Who say real daily world utilisation ? Wink

Master of understatement  Grin

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 08:58:18 PM

DASH is the most innovative coin ever in crypto world with much rich features and great supportive community, DASH is deserve to be more than $100 each in price with that revolutionary technology.

The real value is not so much in its technology, but in how it deploys it to create 'perfect asset-based money'.

I know this looks a bit like an attack on other projects - it isn't meant to be but it's difficult to demonstrate the subtle powerfulness in Dash's priorities without contrasting them against those of alternatives who have chosen to prioritise things differently.

This morning, ArticMine posted a link to this thread when discussing the bytecoin "premine". That thread contains a link to the annotated Cryptonote whitepaper which I read with interest as I'd never seen that one before (the annotated one that is) and I actually agree with much if not most of the remarks as far as they go.

All the same, everytime I read it though it reminds me how cryptonote just isn't money (to me). It's a cryptographic messaging system which is a very different thing. They've built a safe to hold the money but not the money itself. (It’s not surprising though that if you put together a bunch of cryptographers and ask them to design money that they're more likely to churn out a cryptographic messaging system instead).

The thing is, unlike fiat, in cryptocurrency there are 2 gearwheels (or ‘slabs’) each of which operates very independently of the other but in complimentary roles. One (the public part) attracts value and engenders confidence. The other supports privacy and anonymity (the global set of private keys). If the former is to perform well as money and have a high value then you can't mess with it. It needs to have as perfect as possible monetary properties

With stealth/cryptonote the mistake that’s made in defining money is to assume that the value comes from the privacy (I suppose if you’re a cryptographer it probably does  Smiley ). Then another one is made in assuming that in turn, privacy derives from obscurity of the asset. There's no base money in existence that I can think of where this is the case though. Monetary value derives from intrinsic monetary properties whereas privacy is an extrinsic one.

Old Fiat Banking Model vs New Crypto Asset Model
When people talk about "untraceability" and "unlinkability”, this refers to the public part of the blockchain - not the private. But in cryptocurrency, the appropriate place for “cryptographic protection” of this nature is in securing the firewall that separates those two halves - not in amongst the various addresses in the public part as if they were fiat bank accounts. They are not ‘bank accounts’. They are simply publicly valued blockchain addresses and don’t correspond to people any more than a diamond does.

The fiat system doesn’t have this asset-like dual nature because it deploys a trusted counterparty to manage accounts, not assets. In other words it’s a bookkeeping job. As far as “the people” are concerned it is therefore all-private which is why I say Cryptonote/Stealth technology is a fiat business model since it’s trying to make crypto “all-private” as well and what that does is turn it from a base asset in it’s own right into no more than a “bookkeeping job” like banking (Albeit on a clumsy, piecemeal, “you-can-see-this-but-not-that”, censoring kind of basis).

As more evidence of this “personalised account, fiat perspective”, note that CN proponents overwhelmingly tend to use personal pronouns when alluding to blockchain addresses which is a misunderstanding of the their nature and a ‘loaded’ form of vocabulary. Even cryptonote wallets actually encourage us to revert to the old fiat way of thinking where accounts “are” synonymous with people, by making it difficult to create and use new addresses on the fly - thereby diminishing their fungibility.

Rather, I think of the blockchain as a containership full of coal plus the certificates of ownership. The coal is in full view but the hundreds of certificates that secure ownership to various tonnages are in diverse private hands. Sure, you might be able to learn something about its owners by watching the coal movements but that’s true of any good monetary medium. Whether it’s cash or coal, the more fungible it is the less you will know, but obscuring the coal stock in an attempt to enhance the privacy of the paper certificates is an exercise in futility as long as it’s reasonably fungible.

In crypto, the real way to maximise privacy while at the same time liberating this “dual gearwheel” approach to work its miracles is to address fungibility *directly* - not by obscuring the public blockchain. That’s what defines the objectives of Dash as a technical project for me and what makes it potentially both extremely valuable and extremely anonymous.

Maximise anonymity by doing this…

But don’t do this…

Apart from all that, the precedent has been set by bitcoin anyway and IMO it’s now impossible to back out of now that the liberation is there. You just can’t go from a fully uncensored blockchain to a censored one and make it look the least bit attractive because the alternative is the electronic equivalent of a swiss bank account for rich people except without the "trusted third party auditor” (which in bitcoin is the eyes of the world - not an algo) and therefore a breeding ground for scams, heists, deceptions and (ironically) corruption by the ‘NSA’  Wink  <— (That was a bit of a cheeky me, but still my honest opinion).

After I post this we will probably get trolled to death and reminded a gazillion times about the ‘instamine’ etc. But it doesn’t change the fact that I feel this important high level analysis of monetary, business process and system analysis perspectives has been lost in the noise of low level computer science concepts as exemplified by that PDF whitepaper.

Just my own view of course - but one based on a monetary perspective not a cryptographic one for a change Smiley (+ 25 years in the profession of systems analysis).

This is an excellent post, I totally agree with your assessment. A public ledger is necessary in a crypto system so the whole world can be the counterparty. If you have an obscured blockchain and you don't have a trusted counterparty then you have nothing, IMHO.  I think people got confused on the problem that needed fixing. A public blockchain with a highly fungible asset is the way to go, I feel strongly about that.  

P.S. Sorry I did not erase the long post on my reply I am saving it for the future. It is a really great post.
Kartaba

Activity: 276

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 09:03:07 PM

I haven't been looking at this for a long time. I still have darkcoins in a darkcoin wallet ,.. its now dash i presume? Do i need to do something regarding this name change?

EDIT: Just saw on dashpay.io .... no stress hehe
( i go back in hibernation mode, see y'all in 100 years when prices go x100.000)  Tongue
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 09:04:04 PM

- DS Speed Improvements : Darksend should be lightning fast now on mainnet. We're going to delay the implementation of masternode blinding because there's two separate mobile wallets that are in the process of implementing Darksend and the reference implementation needs to be super stable during this period of time. Once we have the mobile wallets done (which should have Darksend and InstantX support) we can move back to improving Darksend.
- DS Max Rounds is now 8, which is more than enough for anyone. If someone wants more security, they can use the parameter which goes up to 16.
- Masternode voting should now work properly. Masternode operators can copy their masternode.conf to another computer and vote without having their wallets online now.

Visit https://www.dashpay.io and click downloads to update  Smiley

Is this a protocol bump?

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 09:07:35 PM

This is an excellent post, I totally agree with your assessment. A public ledger is necessary in a crypto system so the whole world can be the counterparty. If you have an obscured blockchain and you don't have a trusted counterparty then you have nothing, IMHO.  I think people got confused on the problem that needed fixing. A public blockchain with a highly fungible asset is the way to go, I feel strongly about that.  

P.S. Sorry I did not erase the long post on my reply I am saving it for the future. It is a really great post.

+1

Truly visionary.
I saved it as well.

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
Gi01

Activity: 342
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 09:08:03 PM

Sorry i am a n00b

I have my MN running

If i update, i lose the uptime and then i don't get payment (3d uptime)

If i don't update, i simply won't be recognized and again won't get paid

Am i F***d up or somehow wrong? Tell me if i can wait 1 day

When you update, you won't lose your place in the queue. Also, there's a general update procedure, all operators have about a week to update normally. During the window old and new versions will be paid at the same time, after a week is up only newer nodes will be paid. So yes, you can wait a day, no problem.

Thanks Evan for clarifying that.  I always wondered if I lost my queue position if I updated.  Good to know.

I still don't get if i need to restart node in order to update Smiley
Sapereaude

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 09:10:17 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2015, 09:27:43 PM by Sapereaude

So I have noticed another masternode on the network with the exact same IP address as mine, hows that possible? Are we sharing a server?

Edit: Also the address has less than 1000 in the account and was the miner on the block that my masternode got paid a while back.

Edit 2: IP-108.61.170.94 its balance is only 626.85?

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/address.dws?XwfiFDTgpVdMBiHKtLZ5Q8KzghZ8qgCfxb.htm
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 09:15:26 PM

- DS Speed Improvements : Darksend should be lightning fast now on mainnet. We're going to delay the implementation of masternode blinding because there's two separate mobile wallets that are in the process of implementing Darksend and the reference implementation needs to be super stable during this period of time. Once we have the mobile wallets done (which should have Darksend and InstantX support) we can move back to improving Darksend.

the linux binaries zero in size?
Are we able to test net the mobile wallet? Is there a test net for them?  Thanks

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
crowning

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

Activity: -42

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 09:17:53 PM

Is this a protocol bump?

Yes.

Yes.
Gi01

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 09:20:52 PM

Is this a protocol bump?

Yes.

Yes.

That's why I was asking. In order to restart node I have to go offline, therefore I lose my uptime, therefore i am not getting Dashes from my MN (unless ofc i can wait these few more days)
Gi01

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 09:30:54 PM

While i am finally here i have a question regarding transactions

A very small fee is taken when i do a transfer dash to dash (not speaking of the small fee taken by the exchange)

What happens to that 0.x dash? I assume it's a transaction cost, therefore it should be given to the nodes that are currently "operating" the transaction
True? I don't think it's money just destroyed
r4vani

Activity: 348

Play Poker Games at Bitoker.com

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 09:34:33 PM

the fastest digital cash on your pockets

BITOKER.COM[

Enjoy the ultimate online play bitcoin poker
Anonymous  /  US Player Friendly  /  Instant Play
[

]
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 09:47:20 PM

Is this a protocol bump?

Yes.

Yes.

That's why I was asking. In order to restart node I have to go offline, therefore I lose my uptime, therefore i am not getting Dashes from my MN (unless ofc i can wait these few more days)
You can have your MN off for something like 70min.
When you update your MN, you must turn it off to be able to do that.

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
Lukas_Jackson

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 09:49:17 PM

While i am finally here i have a question regarding transactions

A very small fee is taken when i do a transfer dash to dash (not speaking of the small fee taken by the exchange)

What happens to that 0.x dash? I assume it's a transaction cost, therefore it should be given to the nodes that are currently "operating" the transaction
True? I don't think it's money just destroyed
They go as a fee to miners therefore 42,5% goes to MN operators

spatula

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 09:53:58 PM

InstantX and Darksend in a mobile wallet!?!??!?!?! YES YES YES!!!
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 09:58:29 PM

- DS Speed Improvements : Darksend should be lightning fast now on mainnet. We're going to delay the implementation of masternode blinding because there's two separate mobile wallets that are in the process of implementing Darksend and the reference implementation needs to be super stable during this period of time. Once we have the mobile wallets done (which should have Darksend and InstantX support) we can move back to improving Darksend. ( Hollyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH***************TTTTTTTTTTTT )
darksend and instant X on ur iphone or samsung guys....this is FU*CK*N* AWOSOME

Instant and private Dash on my mobile ? Take my money and shut up

This is BIG

Who say real daily world utilisation ? Wink

Master of understatement  Grin

Don't be fooled people.

You can quite clearly see my Foundation Board membership campaign started by me declaring we needed to focus on mobile wallets.  A few minutes later, the next thing we see is, "mobile wallets are a priority."

That's underhand election posturing for you. Don't be easily swayed by these grossly opportunistic and populist campaign tactics.

We need to have foundation board members that fight for Beer, Babes and Boobs.

Sing after me: We want Beer, when do we want it?> Now.  We want Babes, when do we want them?> Now. We want Boobs, when do we want them?> Now.
sangoku

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 09:59:28 PM

Do you have the same message with darksend mixing ?

No compatible Masternode found

My version Dash core : v0.11.2.22-a79196b-beta

DΛSH is digital cash. Transactions are obscured in the blockchain, making them private from the wallet. You can send Dash to family or friends, or pay for goods or services, anywhere in the world. DΛSH Anonymous and Untraceable. The Perfect Digital Cash And The Best Way To Protect Your Privacy https://www.dashpay.io DΛSH is 59.5 times faster with syncing and updating  than Monero.
My DΛSH Address: XgF6sNzGHU58dn36WsC16no9FHct6nPeZD
Lukas_Jackson

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 10:01:46 PM

Do you have the same message with darksend mixing ?

No compatible Masternode found

My version Dash core : v0.11.2.22-a79196b-beta
MN are not updated

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 10:01:54 PM

What's interesting about Crave is that around 9 months ago, this thread was being bombarded by Cloak, Vericoin and XC trolls who were lambasting Dash (then DRK) for the 'masternode' approach and screaming about how Cloak was going to render Dash obsolete due to the fact that it used trustless 'in wallet' anonymity.

A year on, they're all in the sh*tcoin graveyard while the latest arrival to the sector that's driving the market crazy uses guess what - masternodes.

Nothing like vindication of your technical strategy from competitors.

Trolls on DRK's thread: "Masternodes? Booooo centralization".
Investors on Spreadcoin and Crave threads: "Masternodes? Bravo dev, way to go, hell yeah, to the mooooon" Grin

Apparently masternodes are bad for DRK and good for everyone else lol.

LOL.  yup speaks volumes to the complete morons that interact and trade in crypto!  so brutal!

Actually, I'm very much supporting and part of the Spreadcoin team.

I haven't seen any SPR chaps over here trolling, well except for me.

So, ask yourself this, punk - "do I feel lucky?" Well, do you?

I'm not accusing SPR or Crave people* for trolling DRK. Just noticing how it goes in terms of actual investment where masternodes are considered a nice asset that can greatly increase a coin's value... and then you have the trolls who troll DRK for ...well...masternodes Grin

* There may be some investment overlap between all these coins, so it's not either these or these. Personally I hold quite a few anonymous coins, so...

I'm hatching a plan to take over the world. It's a slow burn ATM, but its forming. I'm hoping it will be worth the wait.

Accumulation mode...
Cryptozillah

Activity: 687
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 10:02:52 PM

The rise in the price we saw was a combination of bitcoin going down and DRK rebranding at the same time creating a pump out of nothing really.
I think we will see a floor somewhere in the middle between 0.01 and 0.013

Some people here need to get their feet back on the ground.
People are on the moon and DRK/Dash is still at earth.
Right now it looks like my prediction was not that far off.
Pages: « 1 ... 4594 4595 4596 4597 4598 4599 4600 4601 4602 4603 4604 4605 4606 4607 4608 4609 4610 4611 4612 4613 4614 4615 4616 4617 4618 4619 4620 4621 4622 4623 4624 4625 4626 4627 4628 4629 4630 4631 4632 4633 4634 4635 4636 4637 4638 4639 4640 4641 4642 4643 [4644] 4645 4646 4647 4648 4649 4650 4651 4652 4653 4654 4655 4656 4657 4658 4659 4660 4661 4662 4663 4664 4665 4666 4667 4668 4669 4670 4671 4672 4673 4674 4675 4676 4677 4678 4679 4680 4681 4682 4683 4684 4685 4686 4687 4688 4689 4690 4691 4692 4693 4694 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: