Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:06:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4644 4645 4646 4647 4648 4649 4650 4651 4652 4653 4654 4655 4656 4657 4658 4659 4660 4661 4662 4663 4664 4665 4666 4667 4668 4669 4670 4671 4672 4673 4674 4675 4676 4677 4678 4679 4680 4681 4682 4683 4684 4685 4686 4687 4688 4689 4690 4691 4692 4693 [4694] 4695 4696 4697 4698 4699 4700 4701 4702 4703 4704 4705 4706 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 4713 4714 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 4742 4743 4744 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
Kienbui

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:10:07 AM

I still strongly believe that Dash is most promising project of cryptocurrecies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 06:08:11 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2015, 02:13:40 AM by TanteStefana2

I think DASH needs to find a way to pay developers that isn't completely donation funded because as it is, the Dash/Darkcoin Foundation coffers are very small.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 06:45:50 AM

Found this interview of Peter Todd in r/bitcoin
https://medium.com/zapchain-magazine/why-one-bitcoin-developer-thinks-cryptocurrencies-have-a-dreadful-future-93007cff1613
He brings up several weaknesses with Bitcoin. While you read this, you will savor the manner in which DASH is addressing them.
New on Dash Blogs:

Why Dash has a bright future:

https://www.rebelmouse.com/dashisdigitalcash/why-dash-has-a-bright-future-1093085278.html

Cheers,

Tao

Vote this the best article of the week, Peter Todd knows what he speaks about.
This has to be brought to real world users outside of bitcointalk as fast as possible before centralized payment scams schemes like ripple take a majority piece of the crypto pie and become entrenched.
(Btw, I had a small victory this week by getting a shop owner to take some Dash onto his laptop from my phone and pay for it-lol, hes probably the first shop owner in my city to have it(android wallet was a handy essential). Can tell hes into the markets a little and wants to play on the coin exchanges, so all of toknormal's and coins101 tips are going to be passed onto him drip by drip in due course as he gets his head round the idea but its early days yet, be great to see a 'we accept dash' sticker in his window)

Dash, with the aforementioned InstantX, has overcome the problem of slow transaction times, and is a worthy network to use in any retail environment. Fast, secure transactions... Why use anything else? Dash has it all. Dash 8, Bitcoin 1.

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 06:46:15 AM

I think I rambled on way too much, my question/points were:

DASH needs development and needs to grow, because it's the best solution out there IMO and in other's opinion, and we want to see it take over the world.

To succeed, DASH needs to grow.  It needs a super easy interface for the masses, one that makes it super easy to keep your funds safe.  It needs mature services.  loans? how does that work in a decentralized, deflationary economy?  Stock market, other infrastructure.  Unlike Banks, DASH and the masternode system lend themselves to many other solutions such as a decentralized exchange, a decentralized market place, a decentralized private internet.  The sky is the limit, and it's natural for DASH to expand in these ways.

But who will pay for all this work?  The potential is there, but funds are not.  Are there decentralized ways to fund a decentralized autonomous corporation, perhaps using this new voting system for decision making?  That could earn money to pay for future development?  Does anyone see a way that this could work.  It's not easy!  If this entity, like Andreas Antonopoulos explains, can own it's own funds, and spend them when needed, this is very intriguing.  How would projects get the green light?  How would this entity be funded? 

Do you think, as I do, that something like this must happen for DASH to survive into the distant future?

Tante you haven't rambled at all. You've put up an incredibly important set of questions and points about the future of Dash (and frankly all open source based 'community' style projects). There can't be too much emphasis placed on how important the points you've raised are.

I'm in the middle of something so can't give it my attention right now, but hope to respond in teh next day or two (and I'm sure Toknormal, Bridgewater and others will be busily thinking about what you've written too).

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 06:52:20 AM

DASH needs development and needs to grow, because it's the best solution out there IMO and in other's opinion, and we want to see it take over the world.

To succeed, DASH needs to grow.  It needs a super easy interface for the masses, one that makes it super easy to keep your funds safe.  It needs mature services.  loans? how does that work in a decentralized, deflationary economy?  Stock market, other infrastructure.  Unlike Banks, DASH and the masternode system lend themselves to many other solutions such as a decentralized exchange, a decentralized market place, a decentralized private internet.  The sky is the limit, and it's natural for DASH to expand in these ways.

But who will pay for all this work?  The potential is there, but funds are not.  Are there decentralized ways to fund a decentralized autonomous corporation, perhaps using this new voting system for decision making?  That could earn money to pay for future development?  Does anyone see a way that this could work.  It's not easy!  If this entity, like Andreas Antonopoulos explains, can own it's own funds, and spend them when needed, this is very intriguing.  How would projects get the green light?  How would this entity be funded? 

Do you think, as I do, that something like this must happen for DASH to survive into the distant future?

Tante you haven't rambled at all. You've put up an incredibly important set of questions and points about the future of Dash (and frankly all open source based 'community' style projects). There can't be too much emphasis placed on how important the points you've raised are.

I'm in the middle of something so can't give it my attention right now, but hope to respond in teh next day or two (and I'm sure Toknormal, Bridgewater and others will be busily thinking about what you've written too).

Awesome, I look forward to it!  I'm always here when it's so quiet, LOL Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 06:53:12 AM

To succeed, DASH needs to grow.  It needs a super easy interface for the masses, one that makes it super easy to keep your funds safe.  It needs mature services.  loans? how does that work in a decentralized, deflationary economy?  Stock market, other infrastructure.  Unlike Banks, DASH and the masternode system lend themselves to many other solutions such as a decentralized exchange, a decentralized market place, a decentralized private internet.  The sky is the limit, and it's natural for DASH to expand in these ways.

But who will pay for all this work?  The potential is there, but funds are not.  Are there decentralized ways to fund a decentralized autonomous corporation, perhaps using this new voting system for decision making?  That could earn money to pay for future development?  Does anyone see a way that this could work.  It's not easy!  If this entity, like Andreas Antonopoulos explains, can own it's own funds, and spend them when needed, this is very intriguing.  How would projects get the green light?  How would this entity be funded?  

Re: Tante and Renegade exchange, not sure if anyone had posted this food for thoughts on the topic:

http://startupmanagement.org/2014/11/17/the-race-to-decentralize-everything-and-give-power-to-the-edge-of-the-networks/
and a nicer layout Smiley
http://www.coindesk.com/succeed-as-decentralized-autonomous-organization/
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 07:30:52 AM

Awesome, I look forward to it!  I'm always here when it's so quiet, LOL Smiley

Finally. People are starting to get it. Great stuff.

Here are the threats I posted last April:

Threats

* Darkcoin technology is or will be open source. Clones can therefore spend more of their time focusing on marketing and eating into Darkcoin market share.
* Excessively used by bad actors for illegal purposes may create negative brand association over the medium term which may put off consumer focused merchants
* Launch of new anonymity protocols which offer better anonymity features
* Development team remains small and unable to scale the project
* Early success causing distractions and loss of focus for core team from technical and project development
* Development of Bitcoin sidechains which, when eventually made available, could link anonymity features to bitcoin transactions

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579976.0

Lets set-up a group of 5 and call ourselves team mass adoption  Cool
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 07:41:42 AM

Thanks wozzek23, i've opened those up to read tomorrow, I'm going to have to try to sleep here soon.  But they look very interesting.

Coins101, so do you see any way to fund development?  It would be great if donations could fund this, but I just don't see it happening.  Already, big holders have donated TONS of money to this, but most people haven't.  I've only put up sprinklings here n there.  Do you think masternode owners would donate a percentage?  I'd suspect most wouldn't.  I'm only donating 10%, and my masternodes have been down because i've been experimenting with YaCy, the decentralized search engine.  Unfortunately, it's too much for my server (and kept crashing my server) and I kept losing my masternode, LOL.  I just gave up and uninstalled it.  However, I plan on starting a YaCy server at home.  It's a great idea, and I can put in my favorite websites to index which hopefully will widen the appeal (since I suspect most people running a server are indexing technical/libritarian/crypto or other such sites, and I have some girly interests Wink  ... and my chickens, LOL.

Maybe this is what I'll have my rpi do!

Welp, gotta get to bed.  So coins, while I sleep, give us a plan to fund the development!!!

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 07:56:16 AM

Thanks wozzek23, i've opened those up to read tomorrow, I'm going to have to try to sleep here soon.  But they look very interesting.

Coins101, so do you see any way to fund development?  It would be great if donations could fund this, but I just don't see it happening.  Already, big holders have donated TONS of money to this, but most people haven't.  I've only put up sprinklings here n there.  Do you think masternode owners would donate a percentage?  I'd suspect most wouldn't.  I'm only donating 10%, and my masternodes have been down because i've been experimenting with YaCy, the decentralized search engine.  Unfortunately, it's too much for my server (and kept crashing my server) and I kept losing my masternode, LOL.  I just gave up and uninstalled it.  However, I plan on starting a YaCy server at home.  It's a great idea, and I can put in my favorite websites to index which hopefully will widen the appeal (since I suspect most people running a server are indexing technical/libritarian/crypto or other such sites, and I have some girly interests Wink  ... and my chickens, LOL.

Welp, gotta get to bed.  So coins, while I sleep, give us a plan to fund the development!!!

I know I engage in acts of extreme buffoonery, but that's mainly because I spent 2 sold months thinking about how to move the project into the mainstream and I'm left with time on my hands until everyone was ready to move on to the next stage.

I think I have a plan, but it takes discussion to bring it down to earth, flesh out the practicalities which then need rethink on the approach, and then it needs buy-in from the Foundation. Ugh.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:00:59 AM

Actually, my SWOT analysis of April / May 2014 still stands up reasonably well:

SWOT Analysis

Darkcoin and eCash payment networks have appealing properties compared to other payment tools, but there are also risks and threats.

Strengths

* Decentralised payment protocol
* Anonymity built into the wallet
* Full time developer and dedicated development team
* Use of established, tested and trusted processes
* Anonymity nodes require minimum wallet funds to join the network. Creating a cost barrier to attackers. Nodes can be financially penalised for misbehaving.
* Existing alt-coins attempting to integrate darkcoin's mixing anonymity system risk destabilizing their network. This creates a barrier to entry for established currencies and puts them at a competitive disadvantage
* Merchants focusing on Bitcoin

Weaknesses

* Small development team compared to Bitcoin and Litecoin
* Darkcoin long-term identity still being developed
* Branding may create unintended association with illegal use
* Hangover problems from launch in January 2014 with excessive coins minted remains a barrier for some
* Untested regulatory framework
* Development for the small start-up team is sequential and has yet to create a strategy for faster growth and parallel work streams for marketing, payment processor engagement, third party app development. The main focus is technical development.
* Leadership and team structure is still to be established
* As with the majority of alt-coins, their long-term average value is pegged to Bitcoin.

Opportunities

* Mainstream adoption as eCash.
* Development of new innovations linked to anonymous transactions such as decentralised anonymous corporations, decentralised market places, use on smartphones as pocket eCash
* Creation of strong anonymity node network which is paid to participate leading to financial incentives for new participants to create nodes for financial gain.
* USA regulators have indicated that anonymity is not a barrier to eCash. Identity checking at fiat entry and exist points is more important to regulators.
* As anonymous eCash, Darkcoin has the ability to free float its price and detach from Bitcoin if its anonymity feature is recognised by third parties and merchants as a valuable privacy tool beyond that of Bitcoin and Litecoin
* Adoption by larger exchanges will be determined by volume. The anonymity features of Darkcoin make high volume use more likely at an earlier stage than most other forms of crypto currency.
* Based on Bitcoin code, Darkcoin could beat very strong competition by being easier to integrate into existing systems that have already introduced Bitcoin or Litecoin

Threats

* Darkcoin technology is or will be open source. Clones can therefore spend more of their time focusing on marketing and eating into Darkcoin market share.
* Excessively used by bad actors for illegal purposes may create negative brand association over the medium term which may put off consumer focused merchants
* Launch of new anonymity protocols which offer better anonymity features
* Development team remains small and unable to scale the project
* Early success causing distractions and loss of focus for core team from technical and project development
* Development of Bitcoin sidechains which, when eventually made available, could link anonymity features to bitcoin transactions

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579976.0
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:09:27 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2015, 08:22:26 AM by TanteStefana2

Thanks wozzek23, i've opened those up to read tomorrow, I'm going to have to try to sleep here soon.  But they look very interesting.

Coins101, so do you see any way to fund development?  It would be great if donations could fund this, but I just don't see it happening.  Already, big holders have donated TONS of money to this, but most people haven't.  I've only put up sprinklings here n there.  Do you think masternode owners would donate a percentage?  I'd suspect most wouldn't.  I'm only donating 10%, and my masternodes have been down because i've been experimenting with YaCy, the decentralized search engine.  Unfortunately, it's too much for my server (and kept crashing my server) and I kept losing my masternode, LOL.  I just gave up and uninstalled it.  However, I plan on starting a YaCy server at home.  It's a great idea, and I can put in my favorite websites to index which hopefully will widen the appeal (since I suspect most people running a server are indexing technical/libritarian/crypto or other such sites, and I have some girly interests Wink  ... and my chickens, LOL.

Welp, gotta get to bed.  So coins, while I sleep, give us a plan to fund the development!!!

I know I engage in acts of extreme buffoonery, but that's mainly because I spent 2 sold months thinking about how to move the project into the mainstream and I'm left with time on my hands until everyone was ready to move on to the next stage.

I think I have a plan, but it takes discussion to bring it down to earth, flesh out the practicalities which then need rethink on the approach, and then it needs buy-in from the Foundation. Ugh.

Not in bed yet, if you don't want to air it out here, maybe you'd talk on the rolling thread Wink  https://dashtalk.org/threads/the-rolling-thread.4536/page-5#post-51375

I think this is such an issue that it needs serious battling out.  Productive battling, but there has to be a better solution than a foundation.  Even a good foundation with good board members, because we have to look 20, 50, 100+ years into the future.  Who will be in charge in 5 years?  How much power do we want to give the foundation?  How do we know if the people developing or marketing or whatever they're doing for DASH are doing a good job and should be paid?  And where will the money come from anyway?  LOL.  Should there be a campaign to raise a certain number of masternodes which would then become an autonomous corporation that pays developers?  If we could get a hell of a lot of masternodes for it, it could work off of only it's earnings and if it works, the real value of the income should rise with the expanded adoption and therefore should fund development into the foreseeable future.

And if we figure out how to fund development, how the heck do project workers get paid?

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:20:00 AM

Not in bed yet, if you don't want to air it out here, maybe you'd talk on the rolling thread Wink  https://dashtalk.org/threads/the-rolling-thread.4536/page-5#post-51375

I think this is such an issue that it needs serious battling out.  Productive battling, but there has to be a better solution than a foundation.  Even a good foundation with good board members, because we have to look 20, 50, 100+ years into the future.  Who will be in charge in 5 years?  How much power do we want to give the foundation?  How do we know if the people developing or marketing or whatever they're doing for DASH are doing a good job and should be paid?  And where will the money come from anyway?  LOL.  Should there be a campaign to raise a certain number of masternodes which would then become an autonomous corporation that pays developers?  If we could get a hell of a lot of masternodes for it, it could work off of only it's earnings and if it works, the real value of the income should rise with the expanded adoption and therefore should fund development into the foreseeable future.

And if we figure out how to fund development, how the heck do project workers get paid?

Its sorted, don't worry. Go to bed.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:22:45 AM

https://medium.com/zapchain-magazine/why-one-bitcoin-developer-thinks-cryptocurrencies-have-a-dreadful-future-93007cff1613
He brings up several weaknesses with Bitcoin. While you read this, you will savor the manner in which DASH is addressing them.
New on Dash Blogs:

https://www.rebelmouse.com/dashisdigitalcash/why-dash-has-a-bright-future-1093085278.html

Cheers,

Tao

This has to be brought to real world users outside of bitcointalk as fast as possible before centralized payment scams schemes like ripple take a majority piece of the crypto pie and become entrenched.
(Btw, I had a small victory this week by getting a shop owner to take some Dash onto his laptop from my phone and pay for it-lol, hes probably the first shop owner in my city to have it(android wallet was a handy essential). Can tell hes into the markets a little and wants to play on the coin exchanges, so all of toknormal's and coins101 tips are going to be passed onto him drip by drip in due course as he gets his head round the idea but its early days yet, be great to see a 'we accept dash' sticker in his window)

Dash, with the aforementioned InstantX, has overcome the problem of slow transaction times, and is a worthy network to use in any retail environment. Fast, secure transactions... Why use anything else? Dash has it all. Dash 8, Bitcoin 1.

Props!
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:24:25 AM

But but but....

It's just you can see this is already an issue that's beginning to kill Bitcoin.  Will outside money ever be invested here?  I doubt it unless a big time philanthropist steps in.  If we can't find a way to fund development, we too will stagnate.  I don't want DASH to stagnate.  We have such an incredible head start, it's pretty obvious to me at least that we're the main hope to toppling Banking.  It must be done swiftly now, as they're now looking over their shoulders.  They know us better, the element of surprise is pretty much gone.  We must keep up the momentum to win the battle.  We need funding.  We need a business structure to function within. (I'm talking about development here)

We need we need we need, LOL

Ah, OK, I really should be in bed, good night ya'all!

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:26:24 AM

New on Dash Blogs:

Cheers,

Tao

Props!

Kudos!  And yah, there is something to sell, We accept DASH stickers!  LOL  Fund the development on that Wink

Starin

Activity: 266

Infected Mushroom

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 08:32:46 AM

That is some serious dedication. Congratz man!

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:33:24 AM

But but but....

It's just you can see this is already an issue that's beginning to kill Bitcoin.  Will outside money ever be invested here?  I doubt it unless a big time philanthropist steps in.  If we can't find a way to fund development, we too will stagnate.  I don't want DASH to stagnate.  We have such an incredible head start, it's pretty obvious to me at least that we're the main hope to toppling Banking.  It must be done swiftly now, as they're now looking over their shoulders.  They know us better, the element of surprise is pretty much gone.  We must keep up the momentum to win the battle.  We need funding.  We need a business structure to function within. (I'm talking about development here)

We need we need we need, LOL

Ah, OK, I really should be in bed, good night ya'all!

Need, well necessity, is the mother of invention.

Dream of picking the dream team for mass adoption. Well actually, dream up three teams to spread the risk and increase chances of innovative independent thinking.
Sub-Ether

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:59:25 AM

Props!

OMG!  Bold faced quoted and doubles at that Grin
Thanks for the support Coins101 and Tante.
I have tried 2 other shops and failed so far but I know this guy better and hes more open to new ideas,internet savvy and knows about advertising and design. Be great if they accepted Dash one day, I can be their first customer, lol.

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:18:20 AM

100 pages for a 5k thread.

Epic  Grin
Sub-Ether

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:36:32 AM

100 pages for a 5k thread.

Epic  Grin

Half way to real money, as in a 5 figure sum  Cool

Pages: « 1 ... 4644 4645 4646 4647 4648 4649 4650 4651 4652 4653 4654 4655 4656 4657 4658 4659 4660 4661 4662 4663 4664 4665 4666 4667 4668 4669 4670 4671 4672 4673 4674 4675 4676 4677 4678 4679 4680 4681 4682 4683 4684 4685 4686 4687 4688 4689 4690 4691 4692 4693 [4694] 4695 4696 4697 4698 4699 4700 4701 4702 4703 4704 4705 4706 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 4713 4714 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 4742 4743 4744 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: